• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

It's okay. Personally, getting to level 30 wasn't the end of the learning curve. If you're anything like I was, the first few games of ranked will be tough. Ranked is scary at first and is the reason I feel people don't play as well at first until they get over that fear/anxiety. Don't be afraid of your opponents and don't try to play differently for ranked. You want to play in ranked like you do in blind. I'm sure after a few games and maybe taking a break from ranked you'll do better. Also, maybe consider trying a role that's not as involved as the ADC? Playing the support is infinitely less stressful than playing the ADC.

Edit: I think I misread your post and I thought you were new to ranked :p

I have played a LOT of matches (1200+) but almost all of them were bots since what you pick for those lanes matters a lot less, so I am forcing myself to relearn. Mid and ADC get picked a TON in ranked and normals so I get almost no practice in. I am pretty new to ranked, 8w/10l in Bronze 1, and 13? were as support. Right now I focus on supporting/feeding as little as possible and ward dropping. I got to play top a few times but Shen vs Elise I was falling asleep pretty bad, we both left lane maybe once before ~14 and did a whole lot of nothing to each other.

I had a great "bully" lane with Leona but had no idea what to do to try to ward against Zac gibs and my Draven got overconfident and kept pushing lane. We even got FB and escaped 3 2 vs 3s before they finally got us, still lost. Our other lanes did worse than us. I am bad at figuring out the best time to initiate, or figuring out if my team will follow up, so I usually just pick Lulu instead of Thresh/Leona. I want to play better and I do not complain about how anyone plays even if I think they are bad since I know I mess up too, I just try to be nice and say my next general plan at base since I am scared to type more than quick 3 word sentences elsewhere.

Edit: DrGumshoe in the chat room btw

JesseZao

So I finally entered Silver I alongside KaylelYourself after hitting a nice streak of wins. The question is: how long will I be stuck in Malphite's Agents as the crushing penalties for division I kick in?

Edwardo

I really want a new champ so I think i'm going to spend some rp on one of champions on-sale. I'm so indecisive that the next sale will probably start before I can pick one..

JesseZao

If they really wanted some goodwill for the price increase, they should put every single skin in that group on a 50% off sale before the transition. Boom. Community Love.

You don't get harrier procs when you're in Valor form, so he can't proc harrier to get the extra movement speed. He just has it passively.

If that Quinn buff actually makes it on to live I'll be really surprised. That's a huuuuuuge buff to mid lane Quinn.

Boken

Banned
wtf
80% MS permanently as bird on top of the ult MS?

holy shit

60% MS on procs

mini stun holy shit

quinn holy shit
like shit
she Es them, it mini stuns then slows them and then she gets an MS buff

sejuani 90% slow up to 2s holy shit
like wtf is that, she should get punished more for missing her ult, nope. ill quasi stun you guys for the same amount of time. its pretty much a ranged amumu ult if you miss it. fuck wtf

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
sejuani 90% slow up to 2s holy shit
like wtf is that, she should get punished more for missing her ult, nope. ill quasi stun you guys for the same amount of time. its pretty much a ranged amumu ult if you miss it. fuck wtf
It's not missing if you get the explosion. I don't understand why she should be punished. It's already worse than it is on live, what are you freaking out about?

Boken

Banned
It's not missing if you get the explosion. I don't understand why she should be punished. It's already worse than it is on live, what are you freaking out about?

i know shes your waifu and all

and not to say youre biased or anything but youre biased

live:
target stunned for 2s, everybody else 1s + permafrost (70%) for 3s. if you miss - everybody stunned for 1s, permafrost for 3s

pbe:
everybody stunned for 1.5/1.8/2 + permafrost (70%) for 3s. if you miss, everybody slowed for 90% for 1.5/1.8/2 + permafrost (70) for an extra 3s.

a 90% slow for 2s is way better for initiating a fight than a 1s stun. Sure it might be worse defensively, but if youre using your ult defensively and you miss then lol. youve seen people walk into thresh walls, they are basically rooted in place. this is exactly that. you miss your skill shot, you get an amumu ult rather than a shitty stun that people will just run away from after half the time.

Okay, Quinn report:

It's flat movement speed on her W passive, not %, so it's not quite as ridiculous, but still a massive help.

The stun on the E is like 0.5 seconds, so enough time to vault and finish the animation so they can't get away. Harrier proc -> Vault is a guaranteed double harrier, and the slow after it and your speed up means you can get 2 or 3 free autos out of it while the back off.

She's now the single best duelist in the game, imo. Her kill potential has gone through the roof. Lower cooldown on her ult at later levels is massively welcome.

She could function much better as a top now too. Her 1 v 1 is insane, and if you get ganked Vault is now a much more reliable escape tool.

I love the changes.

garath

I took a break from ranked tonight and it was just what the doctor ordered. I played a wide variety of champs and won 4 out of 6. And one loss was a 4v5 and still almost won. Good stuff.

As a side note. Shen jungle is awesome. Too bad only get to play him once every 6 months when someone forgets to ban him lol.

My other loss was first time udyr. I think he is going to take some more practice to get the most out of him. Don't think I exploited the auras to their max potential. And I forgot to swap flash for ghost. Gg.

Jenga

Banned
And I forgot to swap flash for ghost. Gg.

doesn't matter, probably helps to have the gap closer flash for first timer udyr anyway

anyways, the ancient golem nerf pretty much makes ninja tabi almost essential for most tanky junglers now

dislike it a bunch!

drawkcaB

Okay, Quinn report:

It's flat movement speed on her W passive, not %, so it's not quite as ridiculous, but still a massive help.

The stun on the E is like 0.5 seconds, so enough time to vault and finish the animation so they can't get away. Harrier proc -> Vault is a guaranteed double harrier, and the slow after it and your speed up means you can get 2 or 3 free autos out of it while the back off.

She's now the single best duelist in the game, imo. Her kill potential has gone through the roof. Lower cooldown on her ult at later levels is massively welcome.

She could function much better as a top now too. Her 1 v 1 is insane, and if you get ganked Vault is now a much more reliable escape tool.

I love the changes.

Top is actually where I want to learn her. Her kit screams dualist and her ult let's her splitpush like crazy (in theory). Mini-stun+movement speed on harrier proc is going to be fantastic for disengages in 1v1 trades as well.

Top is actually where I want to learn her. Her kit screams dualist and her ult let's her splitpush like crazy (in theory). Mini-stun+movement speed on harrier proc is going to be fantastic for disengages in 1v1 trades as well.

Yep, splitpushing is piss easy once you have your core items (BT, Statikk Shiv, Frozen Mallet).

Once you have those items pretty much nobody can beat her 1 v 1.

Granted it was against bots who were obviously underlevelled, but once I had my IE I could halve someone's health with a harrier proc.

scy

anyways, the ancient golem nerf pretty much makes ninja tabi almost essential for most tanky junglers now

It's not really a nerf. The Armor was a wasted set of itemization due to how EHP scaling works in general. HP/CDR has it fit a niche that's far more usable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i know shes your waifu and all

and not to say youre biased or anything but youre biased

a 90% slow for 2s is way better for initiating a fight than a 1s stun. Sure it might be worse defensively, but if youre using your ult defensively and you miss then lol. youve seen people walk into thresh walls, they are basically rooted in place. this is exactly that. you miss your skill shot, you get an amumu ult rather than a shitty stun that people will just run away from after half the time.
I didn't realize they took the falloff on the stun off of her ultimate. That seems unnecessary but okay. I'll take it.
If duelists were a good fit for top lane we'd see Feeora.

Jenga

Banned
It's not really a nerf. The Armor was a wasted set of itemization due to how EHP scaling works in general. HP/CDR has it fit a niche that's far more usable.
then why do i feel so less tanky now

on the other hand, my jungle main udyr only gets the best out of this, cheaper and has CDR for faster stances

Boken

Banned
I didn't realize they took the falloff on the stun off of her ultimate. That seems unnecessary but okay. I'll take it.

sejuani is a god

now make a game

duelists that have gank resistance then

on the other hand, my jungle main udyr only gets the best out of this, cheaper and has CDR for faster stances

you ARE less tanky with Agolem. but its cheaper, so you can buy your own armor item/MR item. before, against a double AP team, Agolem had a bunch of wasted stats.

scy

Because you lost Armor. So, yes, you're less tanky now but you were building an item that wasn't ideal in the first place. Now they removed stats that weren't ideal (Armor) and put ones that were (CDR). That, along with the cost reduction, has you overall in a better place in terms of relative survival vs cost.

She has a blind, a mini stun for initiations or escapes, great trades, free vision, a damage steroid, a movement speed steroid, and attack speed steroid, good wave clear, she's a split pushing God, incredible duelling potential and now a reliable escape.

What about that isn't good for top lane?

In many ways she just feels similar to Fiora but with a kit that works in the current meta. She's brilliant.

Well, ideally, your top laner is a bit tankier. She's a better mid than top due to her rather squishy status.

Solo queue wise, all bets are off I suppose.

Could just go mallet as first item instead of BT I guess.

She's still gonna be a better mid laner, sure, but the changes make her a good fit for top lane too IMO.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lulu

Glitterlance [ Q ] - Now costs 60/65/70/75/80 Mana (up from 40/50/60/70/80 Mana)

Sigh I knew this was coming eventually.

Jenga

Banned
you ARE less tanky with Agolem. but its cheaper, so you can buy your own armor item/MR item. before, against a double AP team, Agolem had a bunch of wasted stats.
but I don't fight double ap teams

i do fight double ads more frequently however

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom