• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Riot wasn't kidding about the lag warning. It was like both teams were massively wasted and just randomly running around, lol. Sometimes sound would completely cut out for 4+ seconds and then things would start working again.

Boken

Banned
should I get sejuani or trundle before the remake?

tbh, trundle's remake is 100% superior to his old skin while sejuani's old skin will still be sexy in a naked way + her hog has a cute pink nose.

thing is sej sucks until the remake

Sheik

tbh, trundle's remake is 100% superior to his old skin while sejuani's old skin will still be sexy in a naked way + her hog has a cute pink nose.

Yeah, I already bought Karma JUST to get the limited time traditional skin. I never play her. I know I won't play Trundle and Sejuani either but I'm still debating buying them. But then I heard they're also remaking Sivir and Warrick so... when will it end?!

Also this lag is insane. Guess I'll just play Vita instead.

LuuKyK

The lag is terrible right now. Cool game anyway if it wasnt for their troll cait starting the game buying wards and putting them all on our base out of nowhere lmao. Im getting the hang of Syndra though. What an awesome character.

vRsQ5wc.jpg

Yeah, I already bought Karma JUST to get the limited time traditional skin. I never play her. I know I won't play Trundle and Sejuani either but I'm still debating buying them. But then I heard they're also remaking Sivir and Warrick so... when will it end?!

Also this lag is insane. Guess I'll just play Vita instead.

I bought Karma a long time ago with IP and never used her much, I tried her recently after the rework and she is fine. Im using her from now and then.

Ferga

Be 'cool' and get lissandra

Subtle

With each arrow she fires from her ancient ice-enchanted bow, Ashe proves she is a master archer. She chooses each target carefully, waits for the right moment, and then strikes with power and precision. It is with this same vision and focus that she pursues her goal of uniting the tribes of the Freljord and forging them into a mighty nation.

As a child, Ashe was always a dreamer. She marveled at the colossal, abandoned fortresses of her ancestors, and spent hours by the fire listening to tales of the Freljord's fabled champions. Most of all she loved the legend of Avarosa, the renowned Queen of the once magnificent and united Freljord. Though her mother chided her foolishness, Ashe swore one day she would join the scattered and warlike tribes of the tundra. She knew in her heart that if her people would stand together once more, they would reach greatness again.

When Ashe was only fifteen, her mother was killed while commanding the tribe on a brash raid. Suddenly thrust into the role of leader, Ashe made the difficult decision to follow her childhood vision instead of seeking the revenge she craved. She spoke passionately against her tribe's demand for retribution, declaring the time had come to put blood feuds aside and broker a lasting peace. Some of her warriors questioned her fitness to rule and soon hatched a treasonous plot to kill the young leader.

The assassins struck while Ashe was on a routine hunt, but their plan was interrupted by the warning cry of a great hawk. Ashe looked back to see her tribesmen approaching with swords drawn. Outnumbered and overwhelmed, Ashe ran for hours. She found herself deep in uncharted territory, her weapon lost in the chase. When she heard another cry from the hawk, Ashe put her faith in the strange creature and followed it to a clearing. There she found the bird perched on a pile of stones - an ancient Freljord burial cairn. With a last glance at her, the hawk screeched and flew away. Approaching the mound, Ashe felt her breath turn to frost and an unnatural cold chill her to the bone. The stone at the top of the cairn was marked with a single rune: Avarosa.

The assassins burst into the clearing. Ashe lifted the runestone from the cairn to defend herself, revealing something hidden underneath: an ornate bow carved from ice. She grasped it, crying out in pain as frost formed on her fingers, and tore the bow from its resting place. Cold flowed from the enchanted weapon into Ashe, awakening a tremendous power that had always lived within her.

Ashe turned to face the assassins. She drew the bow, and by sheer instinct, willed arrows of pure ice to form from the cold, crisp air. With a single frozen volley, she ended the insurrection. Carefully replacing the cairn stone, she gave thanks to Avarosa for her gift, and returned home. Ashe's tribe immediately recognized the legendary weapon in the archer's hand as a blessing from the ancient Freljord queen herself.

With Avarosa's bow and her vision of peaceful unification, Ashe's tribe soon swelled, becoming the largest in the Freljord. Now known as the Avarosan, they stand together with the belief that a united Freljord will once again become a great nation.

New Ashe lore. There's also some new lore for other champs, but honestly, I'd rather not post those :/

bjaelke

New Udyr lore is interesting - at least content wise. He'll probably get a new (n)ice skin to tie him to the Freljord.
Why did they reduce the cost of Tiamat but increase the cost of Hydra? :S
They reduced the cost on Tiamat and increased the recipe cost on Hydra. Combined cost should still be the same. Just makes the building path easier/more convenient.

bjaelke

Sorry for the double post, but this deserves its own post.
we’ve decided to use this opportunity to upgrade our European infrastructure in Frankfurt.
As part of the commitment we’ve made to your service this means introducing new core networking hardware to form the backbone of the European Platform, and is the next step in an on-going process of investment into new equipment.
We’ll be talking more about other major improvements as they come

confuziz

Banned
I have been playing this game for a month now.. and I still can't decide who is better..MF or Caitlyn. I think MF is the more powerful one vs groups, but caitlyn rocks in her lane.

I'm just getting back into this game after trying it for the first time last summer. Currently playing mostly Udyr with an occasional order of Rammus and Galio.

Xisiqomelir

So I guess the new thing in my losing streak is for us to have a mild advantage at around 19-25 min and then have one (or more!) people decide that solo splitpushing inner turrets without the enemy jungle warded at all is a good thing. Somehow, ADCs are the most prone to doing this, which adds the bonus delight of 4v5 teamfights where the enemy has damage and your side does not.

I've tried pinging, chatting pleasantly, and chatting not-so-pleasantly, but none of it works. Is it better to just rally the teamplayers and all follow these characters, even if mid is thereby lost?

Ferga

Or say you know someone important at Riot and they can make life a living hell for them, if they don't start playing as a team.

My dad is the GM and will ban you if you don't play properly. I actually have him sitting next to me watching this game.

Once you get used to it, you will wonder how you ever played without it. You could also try smart-cast with range indicators. Holding down the skill key shows its range and letting go activates the skill.

So the current lane comp is to accommodate for maximum gold gain right?

I spectated a game recently where top was 2v1 and all of the purple team's top towers and inhibitor got pushed by 13 minutes.

Blue:
Wukong/Ashe Top
Veigar Mid
Akali/Xin Zhao Bot

Purple:
Mundo Top
Diana Mid
Warwick Jungle
Blitzcrank/Master Yi Bot

Mundo top QQ after dying twice within the first 10 minutes and Blitzcrank AFKed after seeing how they weren't going to win. It essentially became a 3v5.

Any comments on this?

zkylon

zkylewd
Once you get used to it, you will wonder how you ever played without it. You could also try smart-cast with range indicators. Holding down the skill key shows its range and letting go activates the skill.
this is what I used. without the range indicators something felt 'off'.

I spectated a game recently where top was 2v1 and all of the purple team's top towers and inhibitor got pushed by 13 minutes.

Blue:
Wukong/Ashe Top
Veigar Mid
Akali/Xin Zhao Bot

Purple:
Mundo Top
Diana Mid
Warwick Jungle
Blitzcrank/Master Yi Bot

Mundo top QQ after dying twice within the first 10 minutes and Blitzcrank AFKed after seeing how they weren't going to win. It essentially became a 3v5.

Any comments on this?
not having a jungler is wasting a "lane" in that nobody gains any money or experience from neutral monsters. and even worse, exp (and maybe gold if both are last hitting) is shared in that lane. now if you win your duo vs solo lane it might be worth it but from experience it almost never is.

what also may happen is that instead of having 2v2 bot and 1v1 top you may have 2v1 top and 1v2 bot or even 2v1 mid or something like that, it's not rare and it's very good at shutting down the solo laners.

Subtle

Blue:
Wukong/Ashe Top
Veigar Mid
Akali/Xin Zhao Bot

Purple:
Mundo Top
Diana Mid
Warwick Jungle
Blitzcrank/Master Yi Bot

Any comments on this?

Hm. Well Blitzcrank wasn't banned so something was up with blue team...

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I am seriously considering making a run for Diamond and putting some solid hours into champs.

I also think im kind of Crazy

I wonder how long it would take?

Kenai

I've never used smart cast before. Probably something I should try out.

I find that some specific moves are not a good idea to smartcast, but for the most part it is SUCH a huge deal, improves reaction time immensely.

In other news, what do I start with on Kennen? Is 9 pot still a thing til the patch? I went boots cause Brand but that isn't always going to be the case. I wanted Kennen for a "safe' pick but ended up kinda carrying on him despite not really knowing much. Throwstuff to thunderball to thunderstorm killed half the enemy team and made the other half run x 3.

? > Revolver? > Rylais? > Deathcap? Yea? No?

zkylon

zkylewd
That sex doll/barbie lux concept is terrible >.>
I like it, the cheerleader outfit is somewhat cool looking, it's not like it's got her panties on your face or anything, the ult confeti is awesome and it fits lux.

sex doll? dude you're such a prude rofl :p

edit: the song is really what sold me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom