• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Seems to me like jungle Darius would require his laners to have decent CC in order to give him time to come in and hook. I don't think I'd pair him with a Kat mid/top for instance, or even a champ with average slow only (e.g. Zed).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sigh, played ranked on weekend evening. I should really know better.

Nobody wants to group for objective, raging nonstop, only support warding. Yep, fuck this.

Bah. Only one game tonight, and yes, another loss. Did well as Graves considering I was denied HARD by a Lulu (3 Doran's Blades and a Doran's Shield, in my face from minute one). Her Draven was doing plenty of damage too, and I only had Soraka. Then our Swain starts flaming the jungler, and the toplaner, and finally me. Settles on me because I had no kills in lane (no deaths either until a really nasty 4-man gank). So naturally, in the course of trying to help in teamfights, I get focused and die more. Oh it's all my fault suddenly.

graves 0 dmg

When I had a BT, PD, LW, greaves, and was building a little tanky to try and survive.

Ughhh. Every time I died it got worse. And I was doing decent damage, so they kept focusing me, but no kills.

do me a favour
sell your skin
[All] report graves
[All] can't carry alone

I JUST WANNA PLAY GOD DAMMIT :<

Also, client full-screen blackout lagged at one point, causing me to let Swain die. It was like Riot wanted him to suffer.

Somewhat hilarious endgame where I saved the nexus at 25%, they pushed again, and I couldn't save it that time, but in trying I got a triple kill, just as the nexus exploded. XD

JesseZao

Seems to me like jungle Darius would require his laners to have decent CC in order to give him time to come in and hook. I don't think I'd pair him with a Kat mid/top for instance, or even a champ with average slow only (e.g. Zed).

CC certainly helps him quite a bit. I don't see darius jungle often, but cho (me) top, gragas mid a taric support helped him successfully gank each lane.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
HonoLulu, Riot pls

un2P5S5.png

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just played a game as Diana mid where I died to Fiora 3 times in laning (I have no idea what her skills are, so I didn't know how to fight her), and our top kept feeding Jarvan, but somehow we ended up winning in less than 30 minutes. This game is weird.

Darius' ganks are kinda like Shen's but better. If you miss that pull (or Shen's taunt) you're pretty screwed. Darius has a bit more lockdown since he can slow and also does more damage.

As long as you have an ADC who's not AFK it -should- be doable...but that probably requires you to go ADC. :p

The big thing is, in the past, an afk human meant that an AI automatically went AFK. Now, apparently that's not the case, or an AI may start AFK and then come back so you really do end up 3v5 or 4v5.

In my experience, ADC is a bit of a gamble specially if they have divers like Wukong.

AI will only AFK if a teammate doesn't connect at all. If your teammate is at the start of the game for even a second, the AI will play.

Haha, just had a guy leave my game because he wanted to go to WaWa to buy a sub. Sometimes I wish I wasn't off work on Sunday's, it really seems like the worst day of the week to play this game cause everyone is trying to get their last couple games in for the week before the work week. Fortunately I'm off tomorrow too.

Pancakes

Haha, just had a guy leave my game because he wanted to go to WaWa to buy a sub. Sometimes I wish I wasn't off work on Sunday's, it really seems like the worst day of the week to play this game cause everyone is trying to get their last couple games in for the week before the work week. Fortunately I'm off tomorrow too.

A good rule of thumb is that if you lose 2 ranked in a row, it's probably a good idea to stop playing ranked for the day since it's probably gonna snowball. I'm not the best at following the rule myself but I can feel myself playing better when i take breaks instead of trying to force it.

A good rule of thumb is that if you lose 2 ranked in a row, it's probably a good idea to stop playing ranked for the day since it's probably gonna snowball. I'm not the best at following the rule myself but I can feel myself playing better when i take breaks instead of trying to force it.

Normally I just go play ARAM, but I've been subjecting myself to torture today for some reason.

brian!

sometimes I think itd be cool to have a neogaf a/b team that played each other pretty constantly but I don't know how these teams would be made

zkylon

zkylewd
1/10 w/l as lux

I'll win again, someday

sometimes I think itd be cool to have a neogaf a/b team that played each other pretty constantly but I don't know how these teams would be made

lots of yelling directed at the scared little girl that is me? no ty

Kenai

I invite when nobody in Mumble feels like playing Draft/Normals.

But, sure, I'll stop inviting you np

I felt like I was doing something right if someone bothered to focus me. Don't crush my dreams if this isn't the case though.

brian!

the two other guys who are in a band with me told me a story about one of their grandmothers once
they went to see iron man 1 or 2 and she was like "that robert downey jr. i dont understand what he is doing" and they were teasing her
and then she said "I'm going to crush you"

Blizzard

Banned
the two other guys who are in a band with me told me a story about one of their grandmothers once
they went to see iron man 1 or 2 and she was like "that robert downey jr. i dont understand what he is doing" and they were teasing her
and then she said "I'm going to crush you"
Their grandmother is awesome. I didn't know you were in a band though. What do you play?

Agkel

Ok, like I said before, As soon as I hit lv 30 about 3-4 weeks ago I jumped into ranked and got placed into bronze I. After that I got close to promotion matches but went on a losing streak that left me at 1 point. Took a break and came back today with a 3 winning streak to gain a total amount of points of 13.... WTF? Having lost so many in a row affected how many points I get?

yeah thats how the system works

esp right now that your ELO has low confidence (just started ranked) - and you probably had a negative w/l after the streak, right?

that means that the system thought you didnt belong in bronze 1 so you get less LP. you need to win one or two more to get back into bronze 1 territory probably

I did.Ah, Well I guess that makes sense thx. Shouldnt be too hard to get back on track but I definitely needed a break. Hopefully I can keep on the winning streak

brian!

mainly guitar

elementz building dat brand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amIITZMRzU4&feature=youtu.be

"it's really hard to live and work in a place that's depressing"

saint's been pretty laid back recently, like I can see how getting into a 1v1 conversation with doublelift could make you say dumb shit, but he's also historically been a dick

yay im a curse fan now I like this

HOLY SHIT CHEFMENTZ IN RELATED VIDEOS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1z4w3xO2ns
def a fan of hellementz now

league needs the elementz fotm

Boken

Banned
Ok, like I said before, As soon as I hit lv 30 about 3-4 weeks ago I jumped into ranked and got placed into bronze I. After that I got close to promotion matches but went on a losing streak that left me at 1 point. Took a break and came back today with a 3 winning streak to gain a total amount of points of 13.... WTF? Having lost so many in a row affected how many points I get?

yeah thats how the system works

esp right now that your ELO has low confidence (just started ranked) - and you probably had a negative w/l after the streak, right?

that means that the system thought you didnt belong in bronze 1 so you get less LP. you need to win one or two more to get back into bronze 1 territory probably

Kenai

I did.Ah, Well I guess that makes sense thx. Shouldnt be too hard to get back on track but I definitely needed a break. Hopefully I can keep on the winning streak

Move back into a 50% win ratio or so and you should see improvements, I'm in this bracket too and I started at 24 points, went to 50, dropped to 0, went up to ~70 and now am in the 50s again, and most of my gains where when I have stayed near 50%. I haven't be able to exceed that ratio, just seem to win or lose hard with no in-between. Also, don't be afraid to dodge if you really think it won't end well. I try not to but sometimes I just feel obliged.

Subtle

GAF, I'm in a dilemma. Here are my recent matches: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/39072198#history
As you can see my scores are generally really good, if not regular (First time Tristana, and blind Sona not withstanding), however, I just cannot advance. Whether it be feeders, or afkers, no matter my score, I lose half the games I play. This wouldn't normally be bad, but when I first started ranked at level 30 I was pretty bad. The first 10 or so matches I did badly and lost most of them. I took a break, and I came back a lot better, but now I only earn like 6 to 12 points per win and lose around 15 to 25 per loss. Idk what to do GAF ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom