• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
If things become commonplace why would you expect it to benefit you more than the other team? In a solo queue mentality people would rather fight on even ground that shift things up. There is more stuff that needs to be coordinated with lane swaps and its really hard in League without basic voice chat.

because until it becomes common place, you should be advantaged as the instigator of the 2v1

kSt

I would like to thank Riot for the great matchmaking system.

65IyXQW.jpg

Ferga

I'm afraid of that statement... o_O

I no longer play this game for fun and enjoyment.

I play it to experience dark and buried emotions that I never experience in every day life.
I play it to discover myself through other people's opinions of my game play.
I play it to experience how the game's community treats me.
I play it to discover what makes me angry.
I play it to discover what motivates me.
I play it because it beckons to me.
It's become a part of my life.
It plays me.

I play it to experience dark and buried emotions that I never experience in every day life.
It plays me.

Whoa, get some help buddy. I know you live in Australia with Boken and all but jeez.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have been playing games with low level friends lately and it's kind of funny. Level isn't really an indicator of skill, especially if an account has been tagged as a smurf. I'm not really sure why you're complaining though, the team with the Plat player lost.

fader

It plays me.

oooh......oohhhkay...?

umm......yeah... Good on You!

Boken

Banned

65IyXQW.jpg

Which one are you? (i assume youre KS78)

The level 21 is in a group with level 30s - which will introduce sub 30s in the team

the enemy team has sub 30s too (3 of them)

matchmaking actually looks pretty good in this picture, ironically

kSt

I have been playing games with low level friends lately and it's kind of funny. Level isn't really an indicator of skill, especially if an account has been tagged as a smurf. I'm not really sure why you're complaining though, the team with the Plat player lost.

I am complaining about matchmaking system. Thank god that Ahri was probably smurf or something, because she really knew what she's doing. The thing is, when you get a Plat player as an adc in the opposing team, and you have Trist who rushes berserks with furor as the first item, or a Plat on a solo line against real 21 lvl player, it's just not fun.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I am complaining about matchmaking system. Thank god that Ahri was probably smurf or something, because she really knew what she's doing. The thing is, when you get a Plat player as an adc in the opposing team, and you have Trist who rushes berserks with furor as the first item, or a Plat on a solo line against real 21 lvl player, it's just not fun.
This is pretty much what I expect in games of mixed skill levels though. Some players are going to do much better than others, and it usually comes down to the higher skilled players in the match to lead their team and make the big differences in the match. It's important for the lower skill players to do their best to hold lanes when facing tough opposition and to preform well in team fights too though.

kSt

Which one are you? (i assume youre KS78)
That's right.
The level 21 is in a group with level 30s - which will introduce sub 30s in the team

the enemy team has sub 30s too (3 of them)

Actually, it's 3 sub 30s 2 unranked (alright, Malphite has a lot of wins) in our team against 2 sub 30, a Plat and a Bronze (alright, not really a threat) in theirs.

My point is, every time I press "Play" I am afraid that I could get a Silver, Gold, Platinum player on my solo line. Or Silver duo bot for example, and a 12 lvl support who can't at least try to dodge Nidalee spears instead of standing still right in front of an unwarded bush.

This is pretty much what I expect in games of mixed skill levels though. Some players are going to do much better than others, and it usually comes down to the higher skilled players in the match to lead their team and make the big differences in the match. It's important for the lower skill players to do their best to hold lanes when facing tough opposition and to preform well in team fights too though.
This won't save the lower skill players from constant flame and reports after the game.
But thanks for experience of playing against a strong opponent, I guess.

Alright, now I'm cool enough to continue playing.

zkylon

zkylewd
its weird that 2v1 hasnt filtered down into solo queue, seeing as its been around for 6 or so months now.
maybe because normal players play for fun (rofl)? I mean seriously it's gotten a bit better lately but still, watching pro matches it's like the same first 4 minutes on like 70% of the times

you can damage minions in a controlled way (usually by hitting the ranged ones and letting the adc last hit them)

but yeah, im on the fence about about liz support. shes pretty good vs divers in team fights, has decent all in capabilities post 6, but lacks any adc supportive abilities (shields, damage buff, heal, MS% buff, etc) so unless her poke is amazing, shes too weak early game to be a support
yeah, all about her is giving me a meh feeling, really. it's sad because she's lots of fun.

Boken

Banned
maybe because normal players play for fun (rofl)? I mean seriously it's gotten a bit better lately but still, watching pro matches it's like the same first 4 minutes on like 70% of the times

yeah, all about her is giving me a meh feeling, really. it's sad because she's lots of fun.

nobody plays ranked for fun though!

I think the next evolution of 2v1 lanes is 2v1s with duelist adc (so they can 1v1 when their supp leaves) + roaming support vs a 1v2 champion

constant roam skirmishes in mid lane all day.

zkylon

zkylewd
nobody plays ranked for fun though!

I think the next evolution of 2v1 lanes is 2v1s with duelist adc (so they can 1v1 when their supp leaves) + roaming support vs a 1v2 champion

constant roam skirmishes in mid lane all day.
yeah, I know the "roaming" support type. that playful taric that thinks that because he has a stun he can gank. boots? pfff, those are for pussies.

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY LANE TARIC

It plays me.
I play it so people can remind me what a little bitch I am

you nuts?

it's terrible.

they're "averaged" with the other team but the teams themselves make zero fucking sense.

why would you put a guy with 855 wins in a team with a pre-30 3 men premade in the first place?

edit: hmm, didn't really check their individual levels so it might not be thad bad, but if you asked me matchmaking should pretty much always fuck over the platinum+level 8 friend and take like a zillion hours until it finds the exactly same premade. otherwise you find yourself the most ridiculously shitty matches in that everyone does great but the top guy that was level 17 and got matched against a gold 3.

If you know the turret attack range, you can get a hit in everytime the adc (other than caitlyn) goes for a caster minion. You whittle them down and ask for a tower dive by your jungler and get drag off it.

What I did:
1. attack them early on to get the enemy minions to hit you. Pot this damage up. By having the enemy minions hitting you, your minions are hurting their minions but your minions aren't getting hurt in return as the damage is going onto you or your support. This will build the minion wave up slowly. (its important you do this slowly and it doesn't get pushed into the enemy turret before you reach level 3)
2. By level 3, you can either go balls deep to harass them out to lane or you have your stacked minion wave push into the enemy turret. This is where you start to whittle them down and cripple them. Non premade bot lanes suck at dealing with this in Silver and Gold elo from my experiences. They have absolutely no idea on what to do. They try to cs and B too often and lose a load of cs and experience. The only thing that can stop you is your support getting caught under the enemy tower or you have bad ward coverage
What you're doing is essentially winning the lane by being an entire level ahead and being up in cs.
sounds good I'll try it sometime

Ken

So you're not supposed to buy T2 boots on your first back? I usually just try to stay in lane until I have around 1000-1500 gold.

I usually use get T2 boots after my first big item or several components to a big item. So maybe 2nd back.

If I'm playing top I'd rather have something liike two Doran's Blade than T2 boots on first back.

zkylon

zkylewd
So you're not supposed to buy T2 boots on your first back? I usually just try to stay in lane until I have around 1000-1500 gold.
basically on solo lanes I try to delay them a lot, even T1 boots, I'll always buy them with spare cash, but more often than not I just get 1.1k for sorc shoes and be done with it. optimal path for me mid would be tear, kage's, T1 boots, deathcap, morellos and then T2.

with support it depends, if I'm running against someone like blitz I'll buy them early for doding, but otherwise I'll just make them a luxury item. with janna I buy boots like at minute 35 or something, but I max w second so it's not the average experience, I think.

as adc you'll want to buy boots relatively early, usually after BF sword if you made that on your first back. if I just buy a dorans or a vamp scepter then I'll probably buy boots before the BF sword because lane's already in their favor and I can't afford to wait til I have 1550 to get a damage increase.

can't really say as jungler :/

Boken

Banned
you nuts?

it's terrible.

they're "averaged" with the other team but the teams themselves make zero fucking sense.

why would you put a guy with 855 wins in a team with a pre-30 3 men premade in the first place?

edit: hmm, didn't really check their individual levels so it might not be thad bad, but if you asked me matchmaking should pretty much always fuck over the platinum+level 8 friend and take like a zillion hours until it finds the exactly same premade. otherwise you find yourself the most ridiculously shitty matches in that everyone does great but the top guy that was level 17 and got matched against a gold 3.
The 855 wins dude is premade with the level 21 ahri smurf (and a level 30)
level 28 solo
level 27 solo

vs

the plat is with a level 22 and a low elo level 30
the other level 30 is duo with a level 18

seems pretty good for me

yeah i get that high disparity group games will ruin the experience for somebody, but people should be allowed to play together

zkylon

zkylewd
The 855 wins dude is premade with the level 21 ahri smurf (and a level 30)
level 28 solo
level 27 solo

vs

the plat is with a level 22 and a low elo level 30
the other level 30 is duo with a level 18

seems pretty good for me

yeah i get that high disparity group games will ruin the experience for somebody, but people should be allowed to play together
yeah sounds like the premades were a mess to begin with.

in this case, it's actually kst's fault then for playing with a 855 wins dude, I guess.

edit: knowing who's premade with who gives a lot of insight into these things, but I kinda hate those sites. can't play a single match without someone commenting on it, it's pretty annoying.

scy

I played against a Diamond duo queuing with a smurf when I was doing my grind to 30. Shit happens.

We won though so maybe it was just a shitty Diamond.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I won my lane as anivia against a gold 1 diana so that means my real skill is at platinum level

I fought toe to toe against a diamond 1 graves in bot lane, surely this mean I am challenger material!

Subtle

Just be warned he's not that strong in Dominion (if you play that mode).

He's really good in SR as top lane or jungle.

It was blind queue and I was getting bullied hard in lane. After cleaning up a team fight, I got a triple and snowballed hard. I ended up beating Kha in a one on one for the quest :)

It was blind queue and I was getting bullied hard in lane. After cleaning up a team fight, I got a triple and snowballed hard. I ended up beating Kha in a one on one for the quest :)

Yeah his snowball potential is pretty good. I've only bought his necklace item once or twice though which I think you need in order to do the quest.

It would be interesting if they added more of those things for new and existing champions.

Oh boy you missed out on the days where he was godlike

I hear so many stories about release broken Rengar and how he killed everything while building anything. From what I've read it looks like he's been nerfed to the point where people say he is under-powered.

I've only found that to be the case in Dominion so far. In SR he seems to be pretty strong. I've only had 2 games under my belt in SR with him though.

Oh boy you missed out on the days where he was godlike
I'll never forget that match where both me (Eve) and their Rengar were 25/x/x, while teammates were 4/x/x. The game devolved to whoever which assassin touches the other assassin first wins the team fight.

zkylon

zkylewd
so this are the actual thresh nerfs:

Ability Changes - Thresh

Death Sentence [ Q ] - Now deals 80/120/160/200/240 (up from 80/110/140/170/200)
Flay [ E ] - Passive now says "up to 80/110/140/170/200 %" (Changed from 100/125/150/175/200 %)
Flay [ E ] - Now deals 65/95/125/155/185 (down from 65/105/145/185/225)

hmm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535951_521349331255449_1074293205_n.jpg[IMG]

fuck everything about this[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TBz39MB.png
"I don't know if laugh or cry xDDD". So true.
My past ten days have been really busy. Tomorrow I shall be free. Being busy didn't stoped me from playing a few matches nevertheless.

So, now I'm building Zhonya's a bit earlier. Somewhat forced by Karthus's Requiem, but it works well.

GA + Zhonya's + Flash + WR (with Rylai's). Trolled the enemy team, converted a 3v1 situation to a "I get the hell out of there, and survived, and also give my team and ACE, cool".

That didn't stopped Karthus from killing me twice with his Requiem when I was low health, recalling, and with Zhonya's in cd.

Now, I need to start playing other champions aside from Ahri, have some fun playing with Pantheon top. Hmm...

I need to improve my last-hitting.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535951_521349331255449_1074293205_n.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Also, do you think that image, with Teemo holding two mushrooms, means that there will be two Latin America Servers? north and south?
That would be amazing. I was expecting to just be one in the middle of Latin American. Which will mean I would have more ping playing there than in NA... but if that isn't the case then I could play in both NA, and NAL, without problems. :D

zkylon

zkylewd
Also, do you think that image, with Teemo holding two mushrooms, means that there will be two Latin America Servers? north and south?
That would be amazing. I was expecting to just be one in the middle of Latin American. Which will mean I would have more ping playing there than in NA... but if that isn't the case then I could play in both NA, and NAL, without problems. :D
sounds like it. I hope my friends don't take it to playing on latin american servers, I seriously hate playing with other argies.

Boken

Banned
535951_521349331255449_1074293205_n.jpg

fuck everything about this
this picture is amazing. what are you hating on

prtty terrifying shit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lul2z4U7T2g
riot on dat they took our jerbs

and like making it into an official content video

dyrus at 2:00 sounding completely crazy
riot makes pretty good videos i have to say
Quitting again cuz I fucking hate this game.
2/10
I wonder if they get unemployment benefits. I also don't know why I am typing this on cellphone while sitting in front of my computer.
its cos youre a robot
sounds like it. I hope my friends don't take it to playing on latin american servers, I seriously hate playing with other argies.
argie girls are quite attractive, no?

-boken's 2cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom