• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

i mostly am against supports who dictate how the lane is played or like just cut off certain possibilities (thinking mainly of soraka, except when you play w/ kunch and he goes exhaust heal and makes it food fight banana lane)

but yeah im not really invested in the idea of gp support, just in the form that shitting on him takes

I like using unusual supports but even I don't see why you'd want to use GP as a support. I'd take nunu's blood boil over raise morale. If you want to be a harassing support there would also be other better choices that still provide CC in other abilities outside their ult(like Nidalee, Sona, Orianna, Zilean)

oh and BTW

Skins going to 1350 and havent been on sale before will go on sale at 487: Arcade Sona, Astronautilus, Pool Party Ziggs
(fuck I bought arcade sona 2 months ago)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=36778036#36778036

wickd v soaz 1v1 for top lane spot in LCS highlights (this generated 140k concurrent viewers on twitch. LoL > dota)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th6bqZ5LgL8&hd=1

Lol I bought all 3 of those at launch because they were awesome. I have no regrets. Although now we'll be seeing even more arcade sona's for the next bit.

Does anyone know when the ARAM playlist is going to be added?

brian!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU

oprahbees.gif

scy

Playing the lane properly is the most important part of being a support. Conventional or unconventional doesn't necessarily matter here if they play the lane right (zone, ward properly, don't take cs, etc.). I wouldn't really want a GP Support just because it doesn't offer anything noteworthy but I'll take that over having them play something "proper" that they don't know and then sits in the bush and does nothing.

Then again, if they do the latter with any "proper" Support then they'd probably play the lane poorly regardless of their pick as it's a case of not knowing what to do there anyway.

I think the only sensible solution to this discussion is for me insta locking GP support for the next 10 ranked games and going Chalice->Wardstone->Boots->Avarice->Stattik->Mikaels (I upgraded the chalice too) all while roleplaying as a pirate.
I will post results here.

edit: Arrrr and a bottle full rum

I think the only sensible solution to this discussion is for me insta locking GP support for the next 10 ranked games and going Chalice->Wardstone->Boots->Avarice->Stattik->Mikaels (I upgraded the chalice too) all while roleplaying as a pirate.
I will post results here.

edit: Arrrr and a bottle full rum

Yesssssss this will cheer me up mightily :D

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
i mostly am against supports who dictate how the lane is played or like just cut off certain possibilities (thinking mainly of soraka, except when you play w/ kunch and he goes exhaust heal and makes it food fight banana lane)

but yeah im not really invested in the idea of gp support, just in the form that shitting on him takes

Exhaust Ignite, just go all out level 1, I really hate ad that just farm and won't fight until the jungler come. Why do what the enemy expect us to do when you can surprise them and get the first hit advantage.

There are nothing worst than sharing a lane with pansy, if you think you going to lose in 2v2 level 1 fight with surprise advantage, why the heck you play ad in the first place. Go pick warwick and pve in jungle for 30 minutes.

Support is the trainer, and ad carry pokeman. Just start the stupid fight when I tell you, deal as much damage as you can, and don't stop until your screen turn grey or there are no enemy in the lane.

brian!

kiunch is the best

"There are nothing worst than sharing a lane with pansy" - Kiunch 2013

enemy ad has cleanse

"o shit" - Kiunch 20xx

erragal

Support is the trainer, and ad carry pokeman. Just start the stupid fight when I tell you, deal as much damage as you can, and don't stop until your screen turn grey or there are no enemy in the lane.

I like this quite a bit. Now to give all my adcs pokemon names to call out. It's brilliant.

brian!

on april 17th 2013, neogaf poster "Kiunch" coined the term "stupid fight"

league of legends players around the world began to slowly understand that the game itself was a "stupid fight"; "Kiunch's" impatient claim that one should just "start the stupid fight" as commentary on the frivolous nature of the game itself

on april 20th 2013, when North Korea begans sending out nuclear missiles as the US simultaneously began randomly nuking parts of the Middle East, the words resounded. "finally", thought the public, "they and we have started the stupid fight".

"Deal as much damage as you can", whispered Kim and Obama (at the same time, time zones accounted for).

I like this quite a bit. Now to give all my adcs pokemon names to call out. It's brilliant.

And just think of all the hilarious ability names we can yell in /all:
<after carry forces flash and still kills> "ADC used TROLL!"
<after carry dives in while you're warding and dies> "ADC used SELF-DESTRUCT!"
etc.

brian!

this stress lose job people being broken down narrative that Riot has created is fucking terrifying

perhaps that is what "TheOddVirus" signifies

Kenai

I will never get out of Gold by playing nothing but true Solo Q.

I have realized this now.

Yea, I think I need a solid duo partner as well to get out of Bronze 1. I think I'm at least Silver material, but...ugh. Maybe I'll get a winning streak and finally get though, my points have fluctuated so much this week...

Macattk15

Yea, I think I need a solid duo partner as well to get out of Bronze 1. I think I'm at least Silver material, but...ugh. Maybe I'll get a winning streak and finally get though, my points have fluctuated so much this week...

Yeah I've played almost 400 games (399) ranked and I'm at a solid 6.1/3.5/7.9 KDA ratio playing mostly mid/top/ad .... but lately I've done nothing but lose.

I win mid ... I try to roam and gank other lanes to assist them ... but other people just feed SO hard.

I really need to find a good duo partner ... or I fear I will never leave Gold.

Garen 23 games 7.7/1.7/7.
Brand 42 games 7.2/3.7/7.3.
Ziggs 36 games 9.1/3.3/8.2.
Diana 12 games 9.2/2.8/6.5.
Swain 14 games 9.1/4.2/7.2.
Syndra 11 games 6.7/2.9/4.5.

Just a sample of my ratios on my more played champs in ranked this season.

Do I really need to just play easy flavor of the month champs and try to dominate harder or is Solo Queue really just terrible to expect anything from?

methane47

Yeah I've played almost 400 games (399) ranked and I'm at a solid 6.1/3.5/7.9 KDA ratio playing mostly mid/top/ad .... but lately I've done nothing but lose.

I win mid ... I try to roam and gank other lanes to assist them ... but other people just feed SO hard.

I really need to find a good duo partner ... or I fear I will never leave Gold.

Garen 23 games 7.7/1.7/7.
Brand 42 games 7.2/3.7/7.3.
Ziggs 36 games 9.1/3.3/8.2.
Diana 12 games 9.2/2.8/6.5.
Swain 14 games 9.1/4.2/7.2.
Syndra 11 games 6.7/2.9/4.5.

Just a sample of my ratios on my more played champs in ranked this season.

Do I really need to just play easy flavor of the month champs and try to dominate harder or is Solo Queue really just terrible to expect anything from?

You go mid with Garen?

garath

Wow, I've lost my touch as mid. Played so much jungle I completely got shat on as Ryze then as Kat. Ouch. The Ryze game I can understand. I think I've played him twice ever. The Kat game was just plain uncool. Faced a LeBlanc who had a Hecarim jungle. I just blanked on how to even play against it. I fell behind early and never recovered. Didn't help that my team got crushed too but still. Not used to getting shut out. Need more practice mid!

zkylon

zkylewd
so played lux ryze again, just went ganking at level 3 (success), again at 6 (fail), etc. etc.

basically just ignored him all match long. wasn't so bad, but doesn't feel like a counter, more like a walk-around.

I really feel like ryze is bound to get hit by the nerf stick one of these days, no one should be able to deal that much damage and be that tanky.

She's getting massively buffed in the next patch, and I thought she was really good before all this. I played her with buffs on PBE and she's awesome. Better as a mid though.

Really, really enjoying Nautilus jungle. He's great.

methane47

I think i need to buy a new ADC.

Tristana has been my main for ever... who should i look into getting next.
(I have ashe, but dont really play her)

To make an argument for Ashe.
I just won a ranked game with her (3 minutes ago) where I started with a FB on Ezreal.
It was a lvl 1 a fight on our lane, me and Sona were harassing him really good so he flashed away, on like 140 hp BUT I got one more autoattack in and critted him for exact that amount, thing is at that moment I only had a 3% chance of doing one.
Me and Sona XDed good about "that crit".
Well after a exact 20 min surrender the stats were 20-2 for us, but I think I helped setting the tone, ridiculous stomp.

What I am trying to say is, Ashe is a pretty cool champ with good poke and a strong lategame + her ult which is incredibly useful.
Also shameless lucking with her passive is super fun.

She's getting massively buffed in the next patch, and I thought she was really good before all this. I played her with buffs on PBE and she's awesome. Better as a mid though.

no definitely not. i she was super weak at release and they are buffing her now. next patch will probably have another buff.

Thanks for the opinions. I guess I'll just go for Fiora right now and get Quinn some time down the road.

Ken

To make an argument for Ashe.
I just won a ranked game with her (3 minutes ago) where I started with a FB on Ezreal.
It was a lvl 1 a fight on our lane, me and Sona were harassing him really good so he flashed away, on like 140 hp BUT I got one more autoattack in and critted him for exact that amount, thing is at that moment I only had a 3% chance of doing one.
Me and Sona XDed good about "that crit".
Well after a exact 20 min surrender the stats were 20-2 for us, but I think I helped setting the tone, ridiculous stomp.

What I am trying to say is, Ashe is a pretty cool champ with good poke and a strong lategame + her ult which is incredibly useful.
Also shameless lucking with her passive is super fun.

XD

So I just saw the new champion Zac with my own eyes for the first time in a match and I was mad. So far I can't say that he's cheap from the moves he was doing on me (not to mention I started fighting him continuously around lvl 17 at the end), but that revival when he dies kinda makes me sour. First time I killed him I was happy and ran to start pushing, then 10secs later I see Zac come behind me and kill me because I was at low health from the battle.

Their's nothing worse then getting killed by someone that you "thought" you finished off lol. Hard way to find out he can auto revive.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I just saw the new champion Zac with my own eyes for the first time in a match and I was mad. So far I can't say that he's cheap from the moves he was doing on me (not to mention I started fighting him continuously around lvl 17 at the end), but that revival when he dies kinda makes me sour. First time I killed him I was happy and ran to start pushing, then 10secs later I see Zac come behind me and kill me because I was at low health from the battle.

Their's nothing worse then getting killed by someone that you "thought" you finished off lol. Hard way to find out he can auto revive.
anivia has the same thing on a better cooldown, with added resistances on level 15 and isn't divided in four parts so you can destroy him easily with aoe. she also revives faster than him. also anivia can revive with full health. anivia passive <3

the trick is remembering their passives' cooldown. for anivia it's 4 minutes, for zac 5. so if you made them use their passive, at least know that you have a couple minutes to kill them again, for real this time.

and 5 minutes is a lot, 5 minutes is a buff, in 5 minutes dragon could spawn, etc.

Kenai

It's not that hard to tell. You won't get the "you have slain an enemy!" message and there will be 4 little blobs to kill, very easy if he is by himself and you didn't turret dive or something.

I thought you were going to complain about his ganks since I have yet to find a way to properly ward against him in the laning phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom