• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type2

I love leading levels ones as a jungler. The draw back is we get early surrenders and 78 ip a game =[
EDIT: right after this post after a successful level 1 we proceed to get owned. jinxed myself. Of course jungler gets blamed for feeding when he pings for him team to help him secure his blue -_-

mercviper

On a whim decided to play some normals with Jungle Leona. She's fun to play but I don't know exactly how competitive it can be. I feel you really have to make use of that early game advantage or the pick is a waste and will end up being a disadvantage overall. It also feels a lot like the Alistar jungle pick pre-nerf, but with a slightly better clear, given that you can get a madred's and autoattack like a boss by cheating with Q.

Anyway, here's the replays, a la LoLReplay.

Game 1: A draft pick with a few gaffers. We stomp them pretty hard this game and get a surrender @ 20. A somewhat unsurprising outcome as we end up facing 2 sub-30 accounts in this matchup. :x

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31885639/04-22-2013 00-24-35 0 .lrf

Game 2: A blind pick with a few of my friends where I have a terrible start. I miscommunicate that I do not really want a smiteless blue so top lane begins with the buff instead of me. I then run to red so I can have a buff and at least lvl 2 before ganking but get counter jungled instead by J4 and give up first blood whilst still lvl 1. We have a very rough start but manage to pull through in the end with our super non-standard 4 ninja + jungle leona comp. The opponents here were 4 plats + 1 silver.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31885639/04-23-2013 00-37-21 0 .lrf

If there's trouble viewing it in LoLReplay I can try to do a game analysis tomorrow on stream and link it then.

Summoner spells used were Smite/Teleport, and I ran my 21/9/0 jungle bruiser masteries with runes that get me 19 armor, 4.5% MS, and 8.5 AD.

Played and recorded another Leona jungle. Still dunno why my stream causes inconsistent lag on my end. Varies from 150-350 constantly. :/

http://www.twitch.tv/mercviper/b/394866358

Sorry Scy.

Edit: I think I can get incoming mumble chat on the stream, but at the cost of game sound, since right now I have it come in from 2 sources (headset/speakers). What would you prefer?

Xisiqomelir

So...Thresh is great and I will buy him after I complete runepages.

Just hit 30 after about a month of playing this game. No ranked until 1k wins.

garath

Ok you guys are lucky, you didnt miss the greatness that was IG v WE

VODS here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1cxrdm/ig_vs_we/c9kzllm

if you care about good lol games, these are it

Awesome. Thanks! Will watch tomorrow.

I started after 200 wins. Stopped. Did it again after 250. I don't regret a thing.

Blizzard

Banned
If you are next to an enemy tower which is focusing minions, and you hurt or kill an enemy with a long range attack like Lux laser, and the enemy is out of tower range, does the tower change focus to you or stay on the minions?

Maaaaaan Jayce is fun. Hard to use though. >.< There are so many things he can do, and I do the completely wrong one at least half the time.

Boken

Banned
If you are next to an enemy tower which is focusing minions, and you hurt or kill an enemy with a long range attack like Lux laser, and the enemy is out of tower range, does the tower change focus to you or stay on the minions?

no

think of tower aggro range as tower vision range. if the tower didnt see you hit him, how can it know?

how many games before you learn how tower aggro works

Cathcart

Played my first ever game as Leblanc, went 10/3/5. Not too bad, I definitely like playing as her a lot more than against her :) Was duoing with a friend playing Yorick on mumble who was complaining about the Zed he was against. So I went top and I was like "can you slow him?", he says yeah and about a second later Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead. My friend just said "whoa" and started laughing. Good times, good times.

PS I don't understand the caviar thing :(

Changes focus to you. Pretty sure I've seen a tower switch focus to me as Singed walking past it after proxying behind it when an out of range enemy has poison DoT on them.

zkylon

zkylewd
man I so enjoy when I get to shut people up. I had this kat telling me I'm boring or too passive because I guess I farmed? or something? I'm syndra, what do you want me to do? I already killed you once and drove you out of lane+took your tower down, I have the most kills and damage in both teams, yet it wasn't enough for her, I guess? kept telling me "OUTPLAYED" when she shunpo'd somewhere or something.

so annoying

well I love idiotic champions like katarina that see a reset and go kamikaze so I baited that with seraphs and blew her ass off with a combo in a crucial teamfight, winning us the game.

so satisfying

we also had a platinum 5 mundo in our team that was pretty trash, threw the game twice and just derped after mid game. I guess if a platinum is stuck playing with silver 4s it must mean he's shit.

also I think ashe is my new favorite adc. I got too embarassed to play her after missing her ult in an aram, but she's pretty fun and it's nice to be on the op side of volley.

that's a bit much. you can be ready for ranked a lot earlier depending on what your mindset is. if you learn to farm, pay attention to the map, etc., you'll be alright much sooner.

no

think of tower aggro range as tower vision range. if the tower didnt see you hit him, how can it know?
wait what

LuuKyK

Decided to come back to lux after a looong hiatus. I am destroying everyone that is on my rainbow beam (way). Sometimes I forget how good she is.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the answers. I guess it's not a situation I often see but it sort of makes sense.

*edit* Though two different people gave two different answers.

Boken

Banned
Changes focus to you. Pretty sure I've seen a tower switch focus to me as Singed walking past it after proxying behind it when an out of range enemy has poison DoT on them.
no it doesnt.
chances are the dotted enemy champion walked back into tower aggro range since they were chasing your proxying ass.

wait what
yep.
the official term for it is "help call" or something. There is a limit to the range that towers can detect help calls from champions

Ferga

Played my first ever game as Leblanc, went 10/3/5. Not too bad, I definitely like playing as her a lot more than against her :) Was duoing with a friend playing Yorick on mumble who was complaining about the Zed he was against. So I went top and I was like "can you slow him?", he says yeah and about a second later Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead. My friend just said "whoa" and started laughing. Good times, good times.

PS I don't understand the caviar thing :(

There's like 5-7 GAF players in this league:

2JQYuGjh.jpg

I just hate the name of it. It's my main motivation for getting to platinum.

Cavalier sounds like caviar. Brilliant joke, is it not?

LuuKyK

There's like 5-7 GAF players in this league:

2JQYuGjh.jpg

I just hate the name of it. It's my main motivation for getting to platinum.

Cavalier sounds like caviar. Brilliant joke, is it not?

Wtf, I completely misunderstood the joke as Ive never heard about the cavalier thing.

I though it was a reference to the starfall attack (or whatever) of hers that call balls from the sky and they sort of look like caviars.

I feel dumb now.

Wtf, I completely misunderstood the joke as Ive never heard about the cavalier thing.

I though it was a reference to the starfall attack (or whatever) of hers that call balls from the sky and they sort of look like caviars.

I feel dumb now.
Caviar, raining from the heavens.

AdventChild

Neo Member
Hey guys!

Last night I was promoted to Bronze II thanks to winning streak with Taric. The thing is that now I am with 0 points, which means that if I lose the next ranked I'll go back to Bronze III. Am I right??

Thanks.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey guys!

Last night I was promoted to Bronze II thanks to winning streak with Taric. The thing is that now I am with 0 points, which means that if I lose the next ranked I'll go back to Bronze III. Am I right??

Thanks.
nope, you get a few free losses if you were just promoted. like if you lose 5 in a row, you're out, if you lose one or two you're good.

Boken

Banned
however if you do lose a few, youll probably be earning less LP once you start winning (due to lowered MMR) - meaning you are closer to 0 than you wouldve been anyway.

FoxSpirit

Man, haven't played this game in ages.

Jump into an easy bot game, pick Nami. Bot with MF.
By the 2:30 we make a kill, looks like he will get away, I auto-attack and get the kill.
"wtf, now just look at this ks!!"
In easy bots. When he got the next 12 kills.
Sorry, I value my free time too much.

Back to Starcraft II.

bjaelke

It wasn't anything spectacular. He was merely a ward sweeping minion in the game. But the reactions in the champion select when they locked him in as the last pick were fantastic.

Some people on reddit suggest he meant to lock in Morgana and miss clicked :lol

garath

Thanks for the answers. I guess it's not a situation I often see but it sort of makes sense.

*edit* Though two different people gave two different answers.

Boken's right. The tower only aggros you if the enemy champ is in range of the tower. It's been pointed out a few times in LCS games by Rioters in case there's any doubt.

Kacar

I took a couple days off to reignite my desire to advance in ranked, but man is the going tough.

I remember the good days when I got 25 LP per win, and going like 5/2 was enough to get into or close to your promotion series, but now 5/2 gets me right to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom