• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Bad advice is bad advice, that's all. Constant AA harass is what Thresh does in lane. It's his strength. Armor Reds isn't really necessary at all and is completely not how you'd play him.

Edit: And getting on your case for "everything" you say is more that you post about twice as much as everyone else here.

I don't get how him posting more than everyone else has to do with you getting on his case for "everything." Frequency of posting has nothing to do with it. While I think everything is exaggerated from zkylon 30/30 and 100/100 is no different when defining everything. Him posting more is irrelevant. If you're talking about the frequency of posts allow for more chances of him giving bad advice that's a different story. Even then I'd say your edit post was sort of iffy.

scy

I don't get how him posting more than everyone else has to do with you getting on his case for "everything." Frequency of posting has nothing to do with it. While I think everything is exaggerated from zkylon 30/30 and 100/100 is no different when defining everything. Him posting more is irrelevant. If you're talking about the frequency of posts allow for more chances of him giving bad advice that's a different story. Even then I'd say your edit post was sort of iffy.

Because "everything" here I'm taking to mean "more than everyone else." Of course it would seem that way if you post more than everyone else. More chances to respond to people or to be involved in discussions. That's ... how it kind of works.

I don't know what your goal is here.

Boken

Banned
The breakdown of good society

Kiunch is the hero we need

ps. stop being so mean to people everyone, what is this, league forums? reddit?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Because "everything" here I'm taking to mean "more than everyone else." Of course it would seem that way if you post more than everyone else. More chances to respond to people or to be involved in discussions. That's ... how it kind of works.

I don't know what your goal is here.

My only goal was to try and figure out what you meant and try to better clarify the situation. I've noticed that there's a habit of assuming that others know what a person thinks and the act based on such assumptions. I'm only aiming to make sure there are no misunderstandings and give my two cents. I have no ulterior motive. Everyone has a goal when posting. I don't know why you felt the need to explicitly state that. If you wanted to know what my goal was you could've simply made it a question. Posting like you did makes you appear sort of antagonistic. I'm not trying to start any fights.

My only goal was to try and figure out what you meant and try to better clarify the situation. I've noticed that there's a habit of assuming that others know what a person thinks and the act based on such assumptions. I'm only aiming to make sure there are no misunderstandings and give my two cents. I have no ulterior motive. Everyone has a goal when posting. I don't know why you felt the need to explicitly state that. If you wanted to know what my goal was you could've simply made it a question. Posting like you did makes you appear sort of antagonistic. I'm not trying to start any fights.

n520yh-jpg.gif

mercviper

I go to happy hour and I come back to a mess of a thread lol

So all flat AD reds? I get myself one Crit rune just for the statistically advantage. Unless there's something I'm missing.

What reds should I be running?

Specifically, I get AD reds, armor blues/yellow, and movespeed quints.

edit: oh you mean on thresh? I'd go flat armor with him. AD imio is not really worth it since you may get like 20-30 or something autos per match at best.

Runes are all about the early game playstyle. I prefer AD marks because I AA harass a lot in the lane at the beginning and an extra 8 damage per auto in the lane is worth more than 8 armor that you can get from your passive due to diminishing returns. Pretty much the only reason not to get AD and go armor instead is if you never auto harass in the lane phase.

You can pretty much do whatever you want with runes for any role except jungle, because it's all tailored to your early game playstyle. I exclude jungle because those runes are heavily dependent on getting what you need to actually clear it.

Jungled Nasus again. I got pretty fed early on (6/0) so I rushed Sheen after SotAG. Got a lot of luxury wards to smite Steal everything. Game was really damn even in scores. We gave our Khaz the pentakill. It cause their Cait and Olaf to just AFK in defeat even though Cait was doing great (8/1, good CS). On the other hand, Khaz was being a total ass about it.

Stuff like this makes me not want to give pentakills. >:|

zkylon

zkylewd
iXBicjJkkVeS4.gif

ok people, I just felt I was being treated unfairly, I like to think I give good advice (obviously not all the time, and clearly that was not the case that time) and that my contributions to this thread are overall positive rather than negative. I often speak without much forethought, that's just my dumb nature, but I didn't think my comment (as wrong as it may be) deserved being mocked, it's not like I was suggesting to get spellvamp or some weird shit like that.

edit: I understand it's my fault for talking about shit I don't know about, I'll try to think twice about that sort of crap in the future

anyways, with that out of my chest, I agree with kiunch, can we go back to #yolo?

also I need comp ideas for a 3v5 match I'm gonna play against some pretty terribad dudes. we're almost certainly gonna do jayce and lux, and we're thinking of maybe shen as the third guy...

edit 2: also fuck scy for hyping me for lissandra tonight

scy

Oops. On the plus side, I'm happy about it since I won't be on tomorrow until late anyway. May finally be done with my soul-sucking job too. And/or dead in a ditch somewhere.

And maybe bind's post was a bit aggressive but that's also almost all of his posts anyway. I acknowledge I should've actually said something in my post but, honestly, I didn't think it was that big of a deal when I made the first one so I didn't think about it at the time (+ went back to playing Borderlands 2 instead).

I think everyone else reacting to it like idiots made it out to be bigger than it was. It's just being wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. Not really a big deal to be wrong. It's not even about Armor itself (not really a bad page, my Support page is Armor Reds), it was more about Thresh not auto-attacking a lot. Ranged Supports auto champions more than ADCs in lane. That's how it works, generally. On top of that, Thresh's entire strength is how powerful his auto-attack harass is due to Death Sentence's Passive. That's why Q is maxed first, really. Not necessarily to improve his grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom