• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

if big ol teams end up getting booted from lcs it'd be pretty cool to see them scatter

like itd be pretty funny if ggu stayed in but in like 2 months all the players from the kicked dignitas team were instead ggu and then dignitas the group buys out ggu

or itd be cool to see nien on coL (sry chuper)
or like chauster becoming the ggu jungler
hotshot new coL ad

think of the possibilities

Edwardo

New Sale:

Muay Thai Lee Sin 487 RP
Enchanted Galio 260 RP
Chosen Master Yi 260 RP

Mordekaiser 395 RP
Urgot 395 RP
Jayce 487 RP

zkylon

zkylewd
hellfire_lux_by_irahi-d627l7c.jpg
I'd buy it

couldn't sleep all night so been playing some morning lol on my smurf account. can't believe how trashy people are there, everybody's a fucking smurf that feels like they're hotshots because they can beat the lonely beginner.

played wukong and lee sin for the first time, liked both of them.

also played a bit of karthus and like three matches of ashe, karthus is still meh, though playing without blue buff (no jungler) and with no teamfights (since everyone's an idiot in <10) is just stupid with him. ashe I really liked, she comes equipped with a kiting for dummies kit so she's actually pretty fun to play.

and it's so ridiculously unfair that you get summoner spells as you level up, it's so fucking annoying when there's like one dude with flash that just escapes everything you throw at him...

Cathcart

Yeah. Flash is just dumb to begin with. Even champs that basically have flash on a 10s cooldown still take flash because hey, extra flash. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Roit pls

Edwardo

Question..

So basically, every once in a while I play with a friend of mine from work and her friends. Her friends always ask me what role I play. I usually say I can play whatever. Is it not a common thing that someone can play any lane/role?

zkylon

zkylewd
I should get back on playing akali. really love her on aram, though I really forgot what to build her. I do like gunblade, sunfire cape then deathcap then maybe a zhonyas.

Question..

So basically, every once in a while I play with a friend of mine from work and her friends. Her friends always ask me what role I play. I usually say I can play whatever. Is it not a common thing that someone can play any lane/role?
I dunno, I main mid and can play a decentish adc and support, and I'm pretty bad at top and I just don't jungle.

my friends usually also main a role and branch out, though more than me that's for sure.

I think people on average like a role more than others but it's normal to be able to play anything, at least semi-decently. like, I'll jungle if need be, I'm just no good at it, have little experience outsmiting people and just don't have the jungler instincts, etc.

Hari Seldon

I just started getting into this game. Been playing Ashe but I'm not sure if I find her playstyle that fun. I want more of a high risk/high reward type play. How is Katarina for a noob like myself?

Edwardo

I dunno, I main mid and can play a decentish adc and support, and I'm pretty bad at top and I just don't jungle.

my friends usually also main a role and branch out, though more than me that's for sure.

I think people on average like a role more than others but it's normal to be able to play anything, at least semi-decently. like, I'll jungle if need be, I'm just no good at it, have little experience outsmiting people and just don't have the jungler instincts, etc.

I'm not sure if it's actually why, but I played dota for the last 7 or so years, so I at least have alot the moba mechanics down pat. So I felt like I was already halfway there when I started playing League again.

Top is my favorite lane as of right now. I have a blast with Jayce and Tryndamere up there. A lot of the time i'm playing with friends who have 1k+ wins and i'm sitting here with <150. I really just fill in wherever they aren't. So now that I think about it, that probably has a lot to do with it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just started getting into this game. Been playing Ashe but I'm not sure if I find her playstyle that fun. I want more of a high risk/high reward type play. How is Katarina for a noob like myself?
actually if you want a risk/reward thing kat will be perfect. 90% of her thing is knowing when to jump in, a moment too early and you'll get cc'd, a moment too late and your whole team will be dead.

she's also not that hard to play and she's a lot of fun. give her a try.

Oh God, outsmiting people. Probably one of the single most satisfying things in the game. If I don't do it at least once per game I've failed.
outsmiting I dunno, I just outlaser

I'm not sure if it's actually why, but I played dota for the last 7 or so years, so I at least have alot the moba mechanics down pat. So I felt like I was already halfway there when I started playing League again.

Top is my favorite lane as of right now. I have a blast with Jayce and Tryndamere up there. A lot of the time i'm playing with friends who have 1k+ wins and i'm sitting here with <150. I really just fill in wherever they aren't. So now that I think about it, that probably has a lot to do with it.
maybe. I have 0 dota experience so lol was all new stuff for me. I'm also reluctant to try out new roles for some reason.

you wouldn't believe how long it took me to get to mid. for some reason back in the day I thought it was like the hardest role in the game and whenever I played annie or something I'd get real nervous. so silly..

Hari Seldon

actually if you want a risk/reward thing kat will be perfect. 90% of her thing is knowing when to jump in, a moment too early and you'll get cc'd, a moment too late and your whole team will be dead.

she's also not that hard to play and she's a lot of fun. give her a try.

Alright thanks dude. I'll watch some vids and look into purchasing her tonight.

Being able to slingshot tower-hugging champs from the bush in ARAM as Zac is awesome.

I don't think Kat is that easy to play. But it's great practice for smart-casting. And her jukes with W and E can be pretty mindblowing.

Einbroch

Banned
Being able to slingshot tower-hugging champs from the bush in ARAM as Zac is awesome.

I don't think Kat is that easy to play. But it's great practice for smart-casting. And her jukes with W and E can be pretty mindblowing.

She's not easy, but she'll definitely teach you about positioning.

fuck, dodging ranked makes you automatically lose the promotion? i dodged cause last pick said that no matter what i pick he will pick the same role and feed. i dodged and lost my silver promotion. i was 2-0 :/

fuck, dodging ranked makes you automatically lose the promotion? i dodged cause last pick said that no matter what i pick he will pick the same role and feed. i dodged and lost my silver promotion. i was 2-0 :/

I wanted to dodge a promotion game once too, but as I tried to exit I read for the first time (never read it before) the leave dialogue.
Was really kinda lucky, I think I even ended up winning the game.

Oh God, outsmiting people. Probably one of the single most satisfying things in the game. If I don't do it at least once per game I've failed.

Stealing blue with a Parrrley at least comes close to this feeling. Did it last game (there were 3 of the opponents there, it was our blue) and it felt amazing. :D Still lost hard unfortunately. :<

RE: GP builds:

When I GP, I usually go Black Cleaver plus Gauntlets for damage a Warmog and I upgrade the Avarice into Atmas at some point, the chalice isnt touched until really late in the game, where I either upgrade him to Mikael, to protect our carry a little or replace him with something powerful.

edit: Shiv GP is very situational, like when I can get it very early and the enemies are kinda squishy but then it really helps securing a win.

Shiv isn't a 100% thing on him, absolutely. I'm rushing it at the moment because 1) I had decent success with its waveclear when I played GP top only, and 2) VVinrar recommends it, being the main GP streamer about the place. (He's in Gold I think.) I don't take him at his word, though - I wouldn't still be building it if I hadn't been successful.

If I want to improve I need to try other builds, so as I said earlier I'm gonna rush something else on Midplank. Maybe Hexdrinker, we'll see. The shield might allow me to max Q in lane. IE then, and aiming for Sunfire after.

In summary, we have learned:
- dimb/soda cop gonna hate
- That doesn't mean he's wrong about builds
- Eat oranges, be 'kay

EXGN

I owned face without you.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Ibg deals 125% base as bonus damage. Gp base is 108 at 18.FM gives what, 30 bonus damage? Not even close

See newcomers, other than being a hateful old man that yells at clouds, soda cop is wrong

Ibg isn't that bad on gp really, just really unnecessary. He doesn't need the slow or the mana pool, or the cdr even. If you want spell blade, get tf. If you want tankiness, get randuins or sub fire. If you wanna aoe parleyyyy farm, get shiv or tiamat

What about IBG + Manamune? Parley would trigger both IBG and Manamune procs, no?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Shiv isn't a 100% thing on him, absolutely. I'm rushing it at the moment because 1) I had decent success with its waveclear when I played GP top only, and 2) VVinrar recommends it, being the main GP streamer about the place. (He's in Gold I think.) I don't take him at his word, though - I wouldn't still be building it if I hadn't been successful.
i beat a gold swain as gp mid yesterday. guaranteed credibility. 100% certified.

I start Q always, but usually max W for the burst/disable from other mids. Sometimes I max Q if I'm confident. E is something I only ever max on Supportplank, but I've heard good things. I just can't back those things up with my own experience.

I had a Cho mid like that in a ranked game once.

"Cho, Lee Sin's coming mid." (ping)

An Ally has been slain.

Repeat two more times.

Ward BOTH SIDES of his lane for him after he states that "wards won't help they can just dive me."

Still dies to ganks.

Ferga

I don't get why people whine about you not calling mias if when you do they just die anyways.

noone calls mia anymore. It's all about that danger ping.

CLICK-DRAG UP. SPAM IT IN RIVER.

Never fails. Makes people shit their pants and run to turret.

zkylon

zkylewd
I mia ping and v ping river or something if I know the route she's taking.

I really like when they go "L 2 FOLLOW YOU RETARD" after giving the enemy kat a triple kill because they dove because they couldn't be bothered to watch the map or read the chat.

this ain't call of duty, son, I don't HAVE to follow, and if I don't follow, maybe it's for a reason, like being low on mana or having my tower pushed by the enemy jungler or something.

I don't even see the point of calling mias, it reinforces the bad habit of not paying attention to the map, anyways.

Boken

Banned
I mia ping and v ping river or something if I know the route she's taking.

I really like when they go "L 2 FOLLOW YOU RETARD" after giving the enemy kat a triple kill because they dove because they couldn't be bothered to watch the map or read the chat.

this ain't call of duty, son, I don't HAVE to follow, and if I don't follow, maybe it's for a reason, like being low on mana or having my tower pushed by the enemy jungler or something.

I don't even see the point of calling mias, it reinforces the bad habit of not paying attention to the map, anyways.

Or like if I just wanted to stay in mid and farm, man.

djm

Been playing a few days now. I was never really into or got any good at DOTA back in WC3, so I've kinda been sucking it up, but I have my moments.

I know ranked play unlocks at level 30, but is there any sort of matchmaking magic going on in the background of normal games? I'm on a pretty nasty 7 game losing streak, which maybe granted is because people at these low levels are so quick to just vote to surrender after a few towers get killed. Just curious is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom