• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
While these changes put some champions in a bad spot, I'd rather have this than another month of all guys going red elixir/ 9 health pot rumbles. Starting with a cloth armor might be ok again, since it won't be as easy to have a ward.
I thought I heard they were increasing the price of elixirs to 350 ages ago so people couldn't get them to start with as easily (and so everyone would be forced into boots and potions or something), but it never happened so maybe I was mistaken.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm clicking, but it's not taking my money!

XFRgYBg.png
975 for anivia?

instabuy

Leezard

I thought I heard they were increasing the price of elixirs to 350 ages ago so people couldn't get them to start with as easily (and so everyone would be forced into boots and potions or something), but it never happened so maybe I was mistaken.

I think they talked about it quite some time ago, but it hadn't happened until this patch, yeah.

Whatever sub bronze shit hole you're playing in, don't reference or take anything from it.

I have never seen it personally, someone posted about it in this thread.
However I would be happy if the Ashes in my sub bronze shit hole were getting Hydra instead of their all AP frost arrow builds.

edit: I remember the good old days of SC2 beta copper league, bronze players could truly feel good about themselves

Jenga

Banned
So what does the bear change mean for udyr? Like, he just moves lower overall in bear now or what? Tiger's cool I guess, I don't play tiger udyr ever

So what does the bear change mean for udyr? Like, he just moves lower overall in bear now or what? Tiger's cool I guess, I don't play tiger udyr ever
I think it means he doesn't do the mini-dash anymore when stunning non-champion targets. Hardly a nerf.

Jenga

Banned
Dodging a match in a promotional series now counts as 1 loss. This will still end your series if you were one loss away from losing it

...who dodges a promo to begin w/? extra salt in the wound doesn't help anything riot

zkylon

zkylewd
Tiamat is easier to build though, which benefits all my heros greatly (I heard it is better than BT on ranged too)-
you're nuts, 75 ad and 12% lifesteal from hydra versus 100 ad and 18% lifesteal from BT.

adcs are single target dudes, they don't care about hurting multiple people or any of dem complicated stuff, they just wanna right click and pew pew pew whoevers closest.

Finally something I can agree with you on. :p Even though I have no RP.
iN2Ys3nV5ZOeQ.gif

I have about 500 RP, but I need to gift me a waifu for my birthday, and mr. costigan's terrible suggestion of yellow syndra doesn't cut it.

I really wish I had a diana/syndra skin :/

I'm kind of on the fence on buying trundle with rp now. It would be kind of like buying him at 440 and the classic skin at 440 too...

edit: Well scratch that, I just went to the store and saw that I had already bought him 3 weeks ago :S
What is wrong with me? I'm now blocking out the money I spend on this game lol
you're sick man, sick.

Pretty significant buff, though still doesn't make her a very good pick.
rofl I read the skill as being called feet of foot

Leezard

...who dodges a promo to begin w/? extra salt in the wound doesn't help anything riot

I'd say this is better for the player, since if you know you have a guaranteed loss (let's say one guy in champ select actually says that we is gonna troll) you can dodge it and you don't have to play the game. If you would've dodged before the patch, your series would've been canceled.

you're nuts, 75 ad and 12% lifesteal from hydra versus 100 ad and 18% lifesteal from BT.

Actually, in one special case the Hydra could be considered "better". If the adc dies so much that he is unable to keep any stacks on the BT, and doesn't go farm it up between deaths. It's not better on any averagely skilled player, but in a skill level where people are really terrible at farming/surviving Hydra could be more effective than BT .

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel like they should allow for dodges in the same way they allow rerolls in the new aram.

sometimes you seriously don't want to play with some people. sometimes you really want to play mid. etc.

Blizzard

Banned
I'd say this is better for the player, since if you know you have a guaranteed loss (let's say one guy in champ select actually says that we is gonna troll) you can dodge it and you don't have to play the game. If you would've dodged before the patch, your series would've been canceled.
If you dodge now it still counts as a loss though, so what's the point? You might as well play the game on the offchance that the troll doesn't troll, or you win 4v5. A chance is better than a guaranteed loss.

I feel like they should allow for dodges in the same way they allow rerolls in the new aram.

sometimes you seriously don't want to play with some people. sometimes you really want to play mid. etc.
The new aram queue lets you reroll? Is there a limit? That seems to ruin the whole point of aram, and would be kind of like what people already do in custom ARAM games. It's not "all random", it's more of "dodge and rejoin until I get Lux or Master Yi and everyone else can be random".

zkylon

zkylewd
Actually, in one special case the Hydra could be considered "better". If the adc dies so much that he is unable to keep any stacks on the BT, and doesn't go farm it up between deaths. It's not better on any averagely skilled player, but in a skill level where people are really terrible at farming/surviving Hydra could be more effective than BT .
well there are many things going wrong in that scenario already, but maybe?

I really don't play enough adc to know how to build guerilla style

This unrelated gif obsession needs to stop. It's like fucking popgaf in here lately
bind such a killjoy

The new aram queue lets you reroll? Is there a limit? That
seems to ruin the whole point of aram, and would be kind of like what people already do in custom ARAM games. It's not "all random", it's more of "dodge and rejoin until I get Lux or Master Yi and everyone else can be random".
you get rerolls as you play more and more.

I imagine it'll be a lot better since you'll be able to earn actual IP from arams and if you don't care about that you can prolly go infinite dodging at custom games

I wonder if this whole Freljord thing is the first step towards a direction of more focused 'factions'

I mean there has always been factions (noxus, freljord, void, demacia, etc) but maybe this is the beginning of something the guys that used to work on the league lore that stopped.

Everyone loved the Ionian victory that gave us Ionian boots, maybe in a years time we'll see games like:

DEMACIA

VS

NOXUS

I wonder if this whole Freljord thing is the first step towards a direction of more focused 'factions'

I mean there has always been factions (noxus, freljord, void, demacia, etc) but maybe this is the beginning of something the guys that used to work on the league lore that stopped.

Everyone loved the Ionian victory that gave us Ionian boots, maybe in a years time we'll see games like:

DEMACIA

VS

NOXUS

I want another rematch of Noxus vs Ionia, if just to see Ahri this time around. haha.

Kenai

After seeing the Piltover/Demacia Steel Legion and the Zaun/Noxus Bioforged "team up" skins, I am eagerly awaiting the Bilgewater/Ionia ninja-pirates.

zkylon

zkylewd

probably. part of the charm of lol is their kitchen sink approach to champion design, but something more cohesive wouldn't be so bad

as long as it ends up in more lux skins

Koomaster

I haven't really been keeping up with League news; so I have a question. Have Riot in the past say month or so given random RP to players for some reason?

I ask because I log in and have a little over 2k RP. I think I remember last time I looked I had ~1k because I was thinking I could use that to purchase a regular skin I like in the future and pretty much nothing else. So I'm not really sure where this extra RP came from. I know they have altered or will be altering skin prices; did I get some sort of rebate from a skin I purchased a while back now being worth less or something?

Nothing is on my transaction history so I know I didn't buy points in my sleep or something stupid. It's possible I'm mistaken about how much I had, but I don't really think so. Just wondered if anyone knew of anything like this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom