• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Lissandra's kit seems like the best in a while, but I'm really sick of angry female mages.

2011/early 2012 had Orianna, Rumble, Xerath, Ahri, Fizz, Viktor, Ziggs. A robot, a yordle piloting a machine, an energy dude, a fox girl, a fish thing, a mad scientist and a furry bomb yordle. Very little overlap.

Since then: angry spider/human female, angry plant/human female, angry floaty human female, angry moon human female and now angry black ice human female.

I am not surprise since there are a lot of gender issue in gaming being brought up. They need to attract more people that play the game with two hands.

garath

Krepo playing support Lissandra. Not going too well but it's mostly the game rather than Lissandra. He's made some mistakes but she does seem like a Zyra style support. Lots of utility.

I'm going to do it. Support Lissandra.

Krepo playing support Lissandra. Not going too well but it's mostly the game rather than Lissandra. He's made some mistakes but she does seem like a Zyra style support. Lots of utility.

You fool, you'll kill us all!

scy

Trundle wants to stack as many resistances as possible, right? Since his passive/ultimate are percentages of enemy HP and thus high HP wouldn't help him as much, much like a shield champion.

For the most part, the normal build of Ancient Golem and Bulwark will still be his standard build. His ult giving him health doesn't negate the fact that you still want to reach a certain level of Health before stacking resistances.

Just to note, I wouldn't take basically anything from the first two weeks as proof of her, really. It'll more be a case of her success/failure early on being largely mechanics based as nobody knows how exactly to use her.

I still don't think she'll be best suited as a support (too squishy for her all-in style) but we'll see how it pans out.

Played a game with her, she's so fun and so good.

I don't think she'd work well as a support. Her range is too low and you'd have to all in them basically, but she's so squishy. You'd have to do it Leona style but without Leona's beef.

For the most part, the normal build of Ancient Golem and Bulwark will still be his standard build. His ult giving him health doesn't negate the fact that you still want to reach a certain level of Health before stacking resistances.

I've heard this before and often wondered about it. Is the rule as simple as 'you need x health before y resistance item is worth it'? Or is there significant subtlety there?

Boken

Banned
No one knows anything of the new quest then?
we will probably find out more when they release their "war of frejlord" website (speculation) edit: speak of the devil
I've heard this before and often wondered about it. Is the rule as simple as 'you need x health before y resistance item is worth it'? Or is there significant subtlety there?

early game you are more strapped for cash but take mixed damage - health blocks both

but if you like NUMBARS, at around ~50 resistances (armor + mr average), the equilibrium point is ~1800 hp. (the point where resists become more valuable than hp)

read: http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/gentleman-gustaf/21121-resistances-vs-health

if you wanna know too much

garath

It's all "effective health" meaning the amount of damage you can take after health and resistances. (this applies to any game really)

I was going to type out a nice explanation of that but the wiki already has it.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Health

For example, a champion with 1000 HP and 0 armor and an enemy with auto-attacks that deals 100 damage, then the champion can be killed when 10 auto-attacks. If the champion has 100 armor, the champion prevents 50% of the damage so the enemy deals 50 damage with each auto-attack. Therefore, as each auto-attack deals half damage and the enemy needs to execute double the amount of auto-attacks to deal 1000 damage. So the enemy instead of dealing 1000 damage before reduction to kill the target, the champion has to deal 2000 damage before reduction to kill the target.

edit: Boken's link is better.

Boken

Banned
THE BATTLE FOR FRELJORD (video)

ENTER FRELJORD: Promo Site

h6UCyJB.png

(win 10 games with a faction to earn its icon, can only obtain 1 at a time)

Blizzard

Banned

Why are (and why will it continue to be this way in the future) ancient golem and bulwark standard for Trundle? Are they simply the mathematical best items for him given cost, or something like that?

we will probably find out more when they release their "war of frejlord" website (speculation) edit: speak of the devil

early game you are more strapped for cash but take mixed damage - health blocks both

but if you like NUMBARS, at around ~50 resistances (armor + mr average), the equilibrium point is ~1800 hp. (the point where resists become more valuable than hp)

read: http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/gentleman-gustaf/21121-resistances-vs-health

if you wanna know too much

It's all "effective health" meaning the amount of damage you can take after health and resistances. (this applies to any game really)

I was going to type out a nice explanation of that but the wiki already has it.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Health

edit: Boken's link is better.

Ah, thanks guys. Very helpful.

Musician

Blackfrost Anivia is mine.

To think that a few months ago a scoffed at people who payed money for skins.

Now... Now I am the worst skin-whore of them all.

scy

Why are (and why will it continue to be this way in the future) ancient golem and bulwark standard for Trundle? Are they simply the mathematical best items for him given cost, or something like that?

Ancient Golem is efficient and overall gives great stats that Trundle (and basically all Tank Junglers) want while also building from a starting item; Bulwark is just a great item for the team. You could go one of the selfish item routes (Warmogs, Sunfire, etc.) but those are probably best left for after your core two.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Blackfrost Anivia is mine.

To think that a few months ago a scoffed at people who payed money for skins.

Now... Now I am the worst skin-whore of them all.

League of legends is a free game. Completely and totally 100% free.

Loooove Howling Abyss. Sure there are still dodgers but it's so much more convenient nowadays. Best of all, it counts as a regular gain so it's great for win of the days.

I got AP Kog against a team with no divers. It was so unfair
and fun
. Always brought back 2 major items when I died.

Honestly I'm not sure if Guardian's Horn will even help melee champs that much here. It's still same old "poke wins unless the game drags".

garath

Normal drafts have been such trash lately. 3-4 dodges in a row easily. Takes 15-20 minutes to get into a game. Then it can go to hell from there. Took me almost 30 min to get into a game last night and our adc rage quit 8 min into the game citing "trash support". Then our team collectively decides it would be best to camp fountain and surrender and the opposing team refused to push and claimed they would report if we afk'd fountain. We did anyways. Waited out a boring 12 minutes till surrender except for our valiant support who kept going forth to feed them kills.

Wonderful games.

edit: Watching XJ9 play Sejuani. She's going to be everywhere now.

Yay ARAM queues. No more playing bot games to get that first win. RIP Dominion if anyone still played it.

Bought Sejuani last night just for the classic skin. Now to get back to 50K IP...

LuuKyK

Lizzy is mine already! My internet connection is fucking bad right now though, so I wont bother until later today when I hope it will be better.

Blizzard

Banned
Normal drafts have been such trash lately. 3-4 dodges in a row easily. Takes 15-20 minutes to get into a game. Then it can go to hell from there. Took me almost 30 min to get into a game last night and our adc rage quit 8 min into the game citing "trash support". Then our team collectively decides it would be best to camp fountain and surrender and the opposing team refused to push and claimed they would report if we afk'd fountain. We did anyways. Waited out a boring 12 minutes till surrender except for our valiant support who kept going forth to feed them kills.

Wonderful games.

edit: Watching XJ9 play Sejuani. She's going to be everywhere now.
I didn't know they removed warmogs in ARAM, though I guess it makes sense because people used to rush it.

I tend to agree about normal drafts. People in this thread may mock screenshots of blind mode wins (or maybe even normal draft wins) ((or maybe even ranked wins)), but sometimes jumping into a blind pick game is nice instead of waiting 5-10+ minutes to finish picks, bans, and dodges from one or both teams.

Unless you've got a full premade, but even then the other team can dodge.

garath

I didn't know they removed warmogs in ARAM, though I guess it makes sense because people used to rush it.

I tend to agree about normal drafts. People in this thread may mock screenshots of blind mode wins (or maybe even normal draft wins) ((or maybe even ranked wins)), but sometimes jumping into a blind pick game is nice instead of waiting 5-10+ minutes to finish picks, bans, and dodges from one or both teams.

Yep. I'm not shy about it. If I have any sort of time constraints or I just want to try a new champ, I'm hopping into blind pick. There's rarely any dodges (surprisingly) and the game starts quick. They usually aren't as competitive but it's a good way to get a game going.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Wss5gOz.png

Naut can't carry they said. Why are you getting the kills they said...

(The 19 kill game was a 4v5 in which I triumphantly carried my team to victory, while going 6-1 against a 2v1 lane bot. Cait never showed...) Naut OP

Blizzard

Banned
Wss5gOz.png

Naut can't carry they said. Why are you getting the kills they said...

(The 19 kill game was a 4v5 in which I triumphantly carried my team to victory, while going 6-1 against a 2v1 lane bot. Cait never showed...) Naut OP
Nice, what build did you use on Nautilus?

It reminds me of a game last night. We had a Maokai go top lane. Okay, a little unusual, no big deal...and then he proceeded to beat Tryndamere in lane, and take like two towers. He kept going 1v3 (and sometimes escaping) or more, and built pure tank items, and we were afraid that we might lose since he was going alone so much. In the end he heroically engaged, died and the rest of us aced to win. But even with all tank items he had about 30k damage to enemy champions. I was 7/0/7 Katarina and I only had 20k champ damage, and our Vayne only had 20k champ damage. I have no idea how he did so much damage unless it was because he would ult and the other team would pound on him or something. I don't remember the details of how Mao's ult work, and I never play him.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Nice, what build did you use on Nautilus?

It reminds me of a game last night. We had a Maokai go top lane. Okay, a little unusual, no big deal...and then he proceeded to beat Tryndamere in lane, and take like two towers. He kept going 1v3 (and sometimes escaping) or more, and built pure tank items, and we were afraid that we might lose since he was going alone so much. In the end he heroically engaged, died and the rest of us aced to win. But even with all tank items he had about 30k damage to enemy champions. I was 7/0/7 Katarina and I only had 20k champ damage, and our Vayne only had 20k champ damage. I have no idea how he did so much damage unless it was because he would ult and the other team would pound on him or something. I don't remember the details of how Mao's ult work, and I never play him.

gep4B3M.png

I have been having ALOT of fun with Naut lately. I go with some ap and CDR and have been doing very well. If they have alot of physical damage I go frost armor and if they have a lot of AP I get MR. The key is to get a decent start. His pull is amazing and if I have a decent ADC we usually own bot lane. After that NAUT OP.

Edit: Also I had a movement speed of 450. Good luck running away! lol... Anchor too stronk

Kenai

I feel like I shouldn't be #teamlizzy if I can't even afford her. Teamlizzy is her and Trundle and legendary Anivia?

Edit: Mother of God, I saw the new Nunu splashart and might have ruptured something.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like I shouldn't be #teamlizzy if I can't even afford her. Teamlizzy is her and Trundle and legendary Anivia?

Edit: Mother of God, I saw the new Nunu splashart and might have ruptured something.
As in it's that good or that bad?

I liked the forum comment.
attachmentg0fof.jpg

"Guess where this iceball is going?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom