• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
man feral flame sounds pretty crazy.

i played very few games on this patch but i've seen pretty scary yis and shyvannas and even a jungle draven.

i feel like nocturne is gonna be pretty beast in playoffs

i played very few games on this patch but i've seen pretty scary yis and shyvannas and even a jungle draven.

I've been meaning to try it out on Yi, but I was never much of a Yi player to begin with, even back when you actually could jungle Yi in ranked without people auto-reporting you.

No surprise with Draven, though; he does everything, with style.

The main problem I'd see with Nocturne is that he actually really likes to use Duskbringer to clear fast, but doesn't have a very healthy mana pool. You could probably get by if you use it more judiciously and just use Feral Flare plus his passive to clean up some camps, but that period between building Madred's and unlocking the Flare is probably going to suck.

I looked through my emails and found that League is the most expensive game I've paid for. $120 for ~3 years. :( In contrast I paid $20 for 2000 hours of TF2.

watching some people with Feral Flare. Gotta try that shit later/this week with Yi, Aatrox or Nocturne.

Before it gets nerfed. Like, holy shit that ward range.

Nev

Banned
Hey dude, what do you think of top karma? I know you're like, one of the best at her. Can she carry?

She can carry from anywhere if you play right. I don't think anyone should play Karma with no blues guaranteed, I refuse to play without them, for one. You absolutely need 30% minimum, even though I always go for 35%-40%. In terms of performance, she can deal with the kind of Shyvana, Renekton etc just fine, but again, without blue, I'd rather go support. I'd have to punch myself for saying this, but I'm starting to enjoy her as support-mage. With the changes in S4 you can actually build real items and apart from the unlikely Rabadon, I end up with a similar build. Sure, I don't take 3/4 of the carries HP with one R+Q, but I do decent damage and I provide the same utility.

watching some people with Feral Flare. Gotta try that shit later/this week with Yi, Aatrox or Nocturne.

Before it gets nerfed. Like, holy shit that ward range.

Yeah, the range really is hot. Being able to drop a ward somewhere vital without having to get close enough to sniff it cuts down on the number of surprise Thresh hooks by a significant margin.

Normally I'd say something about how supports need it, but meh, anyone can ward Baron these days. Sure would have been nice back in the dark days when the back side of purple's red buff was a Sona graveyard, though.

Yeah, the range really is hot. Being able to drop a ward somewhere vital without having to get close enough to sniff it cuts down on the number of surprise Thresh hooks by a significant margin.

Normally I'd say something about how supports need it, but meh, anyone can ward Baron these days. Sure would have been nice back in the dark days when the back side of purple's red buff was a Sona graveyard, though.

maybe less LCS teams will fall for the "everyone hide in baron pit and we'll hook one when they try to ward" trick. The extra range should make that much less of a danger.

Still think that ward range is going to get nerfed though. It's pretty absurd.

Out of the 9 ranked games I played yesterday, the two I lost I had to support an MF.

Well, it's not like people are coming into this well-practiced on MF. (Or like you're well-practiced at supporting an MF, most likely.) Granted, if she was OP you'd see immediate payoff, but if she's just back to good it'll probably take a while for people to get spun up and start getting results.

Well, it's not like people are coming into this well-practiced on MF. (Or like you're well-practiced at supporting an MF, most likely.) Granted, if she was OP you'd see immediate payoff, but if she's just back to good it'll probably take a while for people to get spun up and start getting results.

Nami/MF was a demon combination at one point and the GAF Maths here don't seem to suggest she's become any more viable.

I dunno, one of them went BC and LW too, which I thought was odd?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Had a jungle Jax with feral flare. He was a terror.

Type2

yeah you guys have been slacking. need my inhouse entertainment in the evenings.

------------------------------------

Qtpie playing Persona 4 during queue is my favourite thing about League streaming right now
Have people just stopped doing them since I stopped playing?

I'll try and find some free time this week but for now it just isn't happening.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
We're all too lazy to spam out invites.

And/or struggling in yolo queue.

Jeff-DSA

Maaaaan, we got wrecked by a support Vel'Koz. I thought that it was goofy at first, but holy crap, he deals so much damage and basically pushes the lane to your tower so easily that it's really hard to handle. His stun is something you can dodge, sure, but you have to dodge it at distance, because he can trigger it manually to hit near, so you're always pushed back away from the minions. Then once he's up to level 6, it's just downright nasty what he can do with a Lucian on his side.

There's this weird shift of putting AP supports down in the bottom lane right now that I'm seeing. Nidalee support, Vel'Koz, Twisted Fate, etc. I don't know how I feel about it, but it is really tough to deal with if you A) don't have a jungler that can help out well, and B) your ADC can't stay in lane and avoid damage.

Ferrio

Banned
gotta play some jungle Fiora with Feral Flare. Aww yeah.

I did last night... my team were assholes started "GG"ing and crap after I picked her. I went 12/3.

I was on an all GAF team. Their jungler was also a mao oddly enough

edit: Going to miss URF mode...... bye bye OP AP skarner.

Jeff-DSA

Oh, man, oh man. I want to play some jungle Fiora. I love Fiora, but she's just simply not viable in the top lane anymore. If she has some use in the jungle, I'll be super happy. I've jungled with her once before, and it went well, but the other jungler was useless, so it was hard to judge how good she really was. With Feral Flare, seems like a legit pick.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh, man, oh man. I want to play some jungle Fiora. I love Fiora, but she's just simply not viable in the top lane anymore. If she has some use in the jungle, I'll be super happy. I've jungled with her once before, and it went well, but the other jungler was useless, so it was hard to judge how good she really was. With Feral Flare, seems like a legit pick.

She still clears like ass pre latern :(.

Hopefully the rework helps her out some in the jungle.

There's this weird shift of putting AP supports down in the bottom lane right now that I'm seeing. Nidalee support, Vel'Koz, Twisted Fate, etc. I don't know how I feel about it, but it is really tough to deal with if you A) don't have a jungler that can help out well, and B) your ADC can't stay in lane and avoid damage.
It's isn't weird though is it? Lux, Nid and Zyra support were still quite popular before Annie started wrecking just before Worlds. Adding Vel and whoever else to this doesn't seem strange at all to me.

TF seems odd in comparison to the other as they all have some sort of zoning capability.

garath

So what's going on with Feral flame? OP? I haven't been playing last couple weeks or even watching streams. I'm more out of it than usual.

I played one wriggles Nocturne game but my team got mega stomped and gave up by 10 min in so I didn't even get to see the flame (sidenote, it pisses me off so much when people give up after 10 min even when the score is like 1/8. The game is so not over)

Ferrio

Banned
So what's going on with Feral flame? OP? I haven't been playing last couple weeks or even watching streams. I'm more out of it than usual.

I played one wriggles Nocturne game but my team got mega stomped and gave up by 10 min in so I didn't even get to see the flame (sidenote, it pisses me off so much when people give up after 10 min even when the score is like 1/8. The game is so not over)

Haven't played enough to know if it's OP, but it's certainly shaking up the jungle picks which is good.

zkylon

zkylewd
i personally don't like the idea of feral flame too much. like junglers imo shouldn't get that much gold if they're leaving their team to hang while they're afk farming. laners at least have to like lane against someone and get ganked and you know work for their gold :p

i think that right now it may be a little op since on some junglers it seems like it's basically an improved elder lizard or something, but meta needs to shift around a bit before making any calls. but from what i saw power junglers with feral flame don't feel like they're banking on lategame since i've had a shyvanna with like 300 cs (tho admittedly she was clearing lane for shen we he ulted) that still had time to gank all lanes multiple times and was scary as all hell when she jumped out on ya mid-game. our udyr with ancient golem (guess that's kind of questionable but he did become unkillable eventually so i guess it's not so bad) really couldn't match her clearspeed and her ganks, so i dunno

Nah, 80 matches? In my adventures in elohell I've found Gold IV that had 400 matches.
outch. my climb from elo decayed silver 4 through gold 1 took me like a hundred games and i already have like 25 from placement + throwing with grago and i still haven't made plat so that could very well be me any day now T_T

Eso sí que es triste. ¡Feliz cumpleaños!
Happy Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom