• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
wait...so if i buy a new skin it makes me stronger ?
also, did you guys played against bots?

depends on the skin colour scheme.

ie: red skins give bonus ad, green give attack speed, blue gives CDR, etc, etc. the colour breakdown is on the wiki

Subtle

So what're some of your favorite summoners names you've seen? Currently have an enemy BigDickRyze. Charming. Always liked the name MyNameIsFunnyHah.

SZGF

Banned
That new ancient golem looks hella scary. Free ward on a 2nd tier item?! Conservation AND a free ward? Late game HP scaling!?

New BT is still not rushable. It's no longer a terrible item, but you still shouldnt go BT first.

Updated Urgot splash is terrifying. He really is a gross dude.

Quill Coat sounds interesting. It will always do 50 dmg/sec on the big monster.

Dunno what to think about the Machete rework. Is it really +AD against monsters? Yet another buff to Lee?

No more Tenacity though, which means I can't always pick up Tabi. :'(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fishy carried me to Gold. Fishy will carry me to Plat!

uajBdRJ.png

p6Ah310.png

jerd

Lost my first 4v5 today. Talk about disappointing. Lost something like 8 of my last 10 and dropped from silver 1 to 0lp S3 in 20 games or so. Took yesterday off to have a little break and still went 1-3 today. Not sure if I'm just on perma-tilt or wut. Any tips lolgaf?

zkylon

zkylewd
caitt.jpg

apparently they changed up cait skin a bit

i'm guessing it's very wip as it looks like transparency on her hat is broken and everything looks like shit

i'm a fan of the changes tho, leg thingie and sleeve thingies look cool

my main problem with the skin is that it's like gray which makes it kind of boring to look at

like nidalee's is a shiny green, it looks awesome

drawkcaB

So I tried out quill onseveral tank junglers and a few off-tanks for good measure. So here's some early impressions:

• Machete: as a starting item might be a slight nerf for tank junglers. The stat changes are fine, but it's the cost increase that hits them. 4 pot start isn't as effective for early ganks. Haven't tried it on meta champs like Lee and Elise, but I wouldn't be surprised if its a net nerf to almost all junglers intended to slow down their early game.
  • Nautilus: No substantial change to clear speeds with Quill. He uses a slight bit more mana, but he never had sustain hp/mana issues once he had two point in W anyways. Clear speed is roughly the same maybe even a touch faster with Quill - the damage he lost from spirit stone % increase is roughly offset by Quill % max health damage to monsters.
  • Sejuani: No real change to first clear. You'll still end up with one pot by the time you finish your second buff. Quill helps her clear once she picks it up, particularly on mana. It still isn't good - you're aren't going to plow through camps with constant full hp/mana the way Vi, Elise, etc. do, but it's good enough that you can stay much longer which opens more gank opportunities.
  • Maokai: Improved first clear. Significantly better clear with Quill. What improvement is due to Quill and what's due to his other PBE buffs is difficult to differentiate, but it's much better than on Live.
  • Skarner: No change to initial clear. Mana sustain was a bit worse with Quill than with Spirit Stone. Skarner tends to drain mana during ganks so this hit might be harsher than I'm making it out to be. After his re-rework most people are building SotEL for his jungle item. I don't see that changing.
  • Volibear: No change to initial clear or clears once you pick up Quill. New SotAG's +25% bonus health is definitely nice for later game.
  • Quill: Improves clear times to varying degrees. The biggest difference is probably when going for Dragon. The %max health burn is very noticeable. Still not as good as damage oriented junglers, but it evens things up more when it comes to taking jungle objectives. The +hp/5 and +mana/5 is a bit odd. It works, but while the Spirit Stone's Butcher passive promotes damage, Quill/SotAG's passive promotes extending your stay at camps. I found myself having much better sustain if I used one maybe two abilities at camps and just AA'ing the remainder of the time. The item is even potentially broken because there's a use case that Riot might not have looked into: you can stop at wolves or wraiths, kill the big monster at those camps, and then just stop. You continue to be hit by the small monsters and that continues the +hp/5 and +mana/5 effect indifinitely. Your hp will only go up a bit, but you can top off your mana in about 10 seconds in the early levels. Champions like Maokai are purposefully designed with mana gates in mind - Quill can remove that entirely. You can gank, use your mana heavy ult, go back in the jungle and just sit there. It's like "mini-base'ing". Once you count the ward active this item is definitely better than current Spirit Stone for tank junglers.
  • SotAG: This item might actually be worse. The extra +hp/5 and +mana/5 aren't a huge improvement and you'll be dealing the same %max health to camps. The added armor and +25% bonus health passive and ward don't outweigh the loss of tenacity and 150 hp. Pretty sure the item is now worse vs. AP champions, and maybe even against AD champions. This item as a whole feels nerfed. The +25% bonus health pays dividends after a few more defensive item pick-ups, for better or wose. I don't see new SotAG making your tank jungler less of a pushover vs. the meta junglers. I guess the ward helps you be safer, but tank junglers will still get beaten up in early-mid game duels with SotAG - or Quill for that matter. At best tank junglers are no worse off in the early and mid game than before, and probably better in the late game as the %25 bonus health starts to affect Sunfire, Randuin's, Warmog's, etc. Maybe that's the intent? Hard to say.

brian!

i like mirror 1v1s though it usually boils down to whoever makes the first move (will lose)

when i win a mirror 1v1 that false sense of superiority surg3s

I think... I think I just met the worst udyr LAN. Thankfully he was in the enemy team... but how do you manage to do so little damage and yet be in all the teamfights?
1600 dmg to champions.

His build was okay, except for the boots of swiftness, I personally don't like them.

drawkcaB

Yeah. Some players are so used to playing ability based champions that AAs feel unnatural.

Dreams-Vision said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

See, nothing wrong with your Jayce if you want to win.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit of new nidalee

feels a lot better but i don't understand q damage really

like i kept doing hilariously low amounts of damage to enemy thresh but he had an aegis and some health so maybe it was that

zkylon

zkylewd
yea like

blue ezreal is back

i don't think he's all that strong but people are playing it

this is why you never have to give mana to carries

i'm going back to midlane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom