• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I should try Blue Ez again, though he really wants a fair amount of gold before he gets rolling. I guess final build will be:
- Ionian / Zerk
- Muramana
- Gauntlet
- Reaver
- Last Whisper
- Cleaver / BT / IE

My issue is that there's a fair amount of delay in damage during mid game. I'm thinking of something like Tear->Gauntlet->Muramana->LW with a Vamp Scept somewhere. Ionian + Gauntlet + Reaver + mastery = 40% CDR.

SZGF

Banned
Blue Ezreal has nothing on Twitch.

Hmm I should try Blue Ez again, though he really wants a fair amount of gold before he gets rolling. I guess final build will be:
- Ionian / Zerk
- Muramana
- Reaver
- Last Whisper
- Cleaver
- IE/BT/Scimitar

IBG is incredibly important - for the CDR and for the kiting it allows.

Blue EZ:
- ionian
- muramana
- reaver
- ibg
- lw
- ??? (defensive, botrk or IE)

zkylon

zkylewd
http://matchhistory.las.leagueoflegends.com/es/#match-details/LA2/106019965/242090

here's the build he did

guy was plat 1 and played pretty decent, tho you can tell who pussied out in the back and who man'd up only to be instagibbed by ie shaco+nami's wave tail end (heh) into durr hurr yasuo ult

me and my support misplayed the lane pretty badly and fed him a lot of kills so i was pretty far behind, tho, so our bad for being shit at the game

Yeah I don't understand blue Ezreal. He can't actually be an AD carry without any AD, right? What does he do exactly?
he doesn't do anything, he's just very annoying and can be randomly super strong in blind pick if you blindly counterpick yourself like it happened to us.

my other experience with him was this:

iS7g3LFBs25dh.gif

to me ezreal overall is pretty bad and blue ezreal is worse. haven't tried him myself but that's the feeling i'm getting

i was dealing more damage than him two items below him, if i hadn't played lane so bad he would've been sad

Yeah I don't understand blue Ezreal. He can't actually be an AD carry without any AD, right? What does he do exactly?
Kites really great. He does get a good amount of AD. His Q goes down to like 1.4s if you hit it, which means your other ability cooldowns also gets super low; Arcane Shift probably goes down to 3-4 secs if you keep hitting your Qs.

He does get a fair amount of damage.

- Muramana: ~70AD (2045 mana)
- Reaver: 50AD
- LW: 40AD

Total AD: 260AD, not counting his 6th item which could be another AD item (IE/BT/BC/MS/BotRK)
Q damage
= 115 + (260AD*1.10) + (101 base AD*1.25) + 153 (muramana) =
= 115 + 286 + 126 + 153
= ~680 damage per Q

SZGF

Banned
Blue Ezreal has nothing on anyone.

I'm just saying if you hate Blue Ez, you can pick Twitch and prey on him constantly. They need more purple items though. RIP malady.

Ghostblade, Botrk, Malady. Purple Twitch #1 (buff wits end)

brian!

i think ezreal is prtty good and his itemization wasn't hit hard by the patch
qtpie has used him in lcs and i bet he's used in korea sumtimes

i think kor is prtty into trinity->botrk ez, i remember loco talking about it once when he was streaming during quantic, i dont remember how qt built him

brian!

yeah a lot of ppl skip his w
but at one point bak in the day people would put a couple of points in his w because it was free trading during lane, so i feel like riot doesn't really want to make it good beyond it's siege utility

zkylon

zkylewd
I like regular Ez tho.
903cb1ee5c383a0ac70d281f196ab459.png
yea i actually like regular ezreal since he's actually pretty decent if you play him like a man

also tons of skillshots and spells

like u know, he's def my thing

i just don't think he's too good at the moment, i liked doing like regular adc build on him (prolly not ideal but i enjoyed it) and bt nerfs hurt that path for me

SZGF

Banned
yeah a lot of ppl skip his w
but at one point bak in the day people would put a couple of points in his w because it was free trading during lane, so i feel like riot doesn't really want to make it good beyond it's siege utility

Yea but a large part of that was the AS% slow too. IMO Ezreal is far outclassed by Lucian who has a lot more free poke available to him n similiar laning safety.

Ezreal just feels relatively low damage in regular team fight situations (he's pretty good when you can E on top of ppl n botrk them tho) n so I think he shud get a little more kick in his poke. But yea idk, Riot likes to sit on ppl for long times cos they are worried they might unbalance things too much with lots of buffs.

brian!

i feel like while lucian took a hit early on with the item changes he's totally ok to pick now without being a have to pick so I think he's balanced ok

Ashhong

Forget ezreal. It's all about trist. Went from 0-3 in lane to 16-8 by end game to carry it for my team. Late game trist is a monster. Time to ride her into plat

brian!

trist is probably the best late game carry
tho kog lanes better i think

oh wait no twitch

i dunno all the ads are pretty strong late

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i think kor is prtty into trinity->botrk ez, i remember loco talking about it once when he was streaming during quantic, i dont remember how qt built him
If they want to run an ADC with that build I think they mostly just play Kog.

Ferga

ez usually builds botrk and then trinity in 4.9

He pretty much becomes an assassin at that point.

Don't know if he can still do it with the nerfed active on botrk though

noones realised gaf won the last 6 or 7 ranked team games with me top but it's k :(

pigeon

Banned
What do you build on Xin Zhao? SotEL and then full tank? When I was trying him out I built FF and it felt better...but theoretically it's the wrong item to build if you want to gank very early, right?

I'm having that classic problem where I played him in free week, enjoyed him, bought him, and then had only lousy games with him after that :/

What do you build on Xin Zhao? SotEL and then full tank? When I was trying him out I built FF and it felt better...but theoretically it's the wrong item to build if you want to gank very early, right?

I'm having that classic problem where I played him in free week, enjoyed him, bought him, and then had only lousy games with him after that :/

My very brief experience with xin was when FF was worth building, and I was doing FF-Bork-Tank. Maybe try that? Depending how the game is going you could just build the bilgewater then tank.

Ferga

Sotel then:

If you're getting kills and miles ahead of the enemy jungler: Botrk into tank or even more ad (Alternatively, you can go triforce to become a good mix of tank and damage BUT it is very expensive to do so and you delay a huge power spike when compared to building Botrk)

If you're ahead but not by much: Yomuu into tank

If you're not ahead or behind: Brutaliser into tank

If you're behind: Tank

Watching Trick streaming from PBE, and one thing I'll have to get used to is buffs moving when they enter your vision. I'm used to seeing movement at a camp and thinking "oh fuck someone's there"

Mothman91

Hm I went bork/statik. Feel like the statik passive with her e passive can be ridiculous. Is ie/pd better?

It could be early on, but a IE/PD is way better than a botrk/statik. You get to crit 50% of the time with 275% damage, and Tristana is just a AA reliant champion, so you just sit back and right click afk.

Okay, so here's a ranked game I played tonight as TF. Silver II. Gonna warn you that the first 10 minutes are absolutely brutal, I play like complete garbage, but the game actually ends up really good for me. Would love some feedback, positive or negative, if anyone has the time to take a look.

Things I already know: my CSing is horrible, I need to stop throwing cards into wind walls, other things that I noticed then forgot because it's late.

Newt

Okay, so here's a ranked game I played tonight as TF. Silver II. Gonna warn you that the first 10 minutes are absolutely brutal, I play like complete garbage, but the game actually ends up really good for me. Would love some feedback, positive or negative, if anyone has the time to take a look.

Things I already know: my CSing is horrible, I need to stop throwing cards into wind walls, other things that I noticed then forgot because it's late.
Private.

I tried ad anivia, just for fun.

It was funny but it didn't worked in the end, damn you Yi. I did more damage than our Yasou, so it's okay.

i think ezreal is prtty good and his itemization wasn't hit hard by the patch
qtpie has used him in lcs and i bet he's used in korea sumtimes

QT goes Trinity > Botrk

He's been testing Blue Ez lately though.

Onikaan

:(

I really enjoy League. This is the first season I've been ranked in, and I managed to get Silver through promotional games. I've been holding onto Silver 3 for a while now after some ups and downs.

But my enjoyment of this game is seriously hampered by the people that I'm forced to play with. I have never experienced so many horrible personalities in such a short amount of time. What does this game do to the kids that play it? The worst of it is I suspect many of these people are not children at all...

In the last game I played my support died early and decided to blame me. You want to put them right but I've learned (the hard way) to just ignore it. So he wandered off into top lane and took a kill from there basically throwing the game out the window while I struggled on my own in bot lane. In the end I was blamed for "feeding".

I laughed. (and cried a little on the inside).

How do you get away from this? Or more importantly, how do you guys deal with it?

Not playing ever again would fix everything but it would be a real shame to have to go that far.

garath

Hold Tab, mute every single person in your team that gives you the slightest amount of shit and carry on

^^

He beat me to it.

Mute them. If they are causing any sort of agitation, just mute them. I know the basic urge is to snap back at them but it's not worth it in the slightest. Generally if you mute them and they don't get any sort of feedback for their raging, they shut up. Or if they don't, you don't care cause you aren't seeing it. :)

It makes the game much more pleasant.

Subtle

:(

I really enjoy League. This is the first season I've been ranked in, and I managed to get Silver through promotional games. I've been holding onto Silver 3 for a while now after some ups and downs.

But my enjoyment of this game is seriously hampered by the people that I'm forced to play with. I have never experienced so many horrible personalities in such a short amount of time. What does this game do to the kids that play it? The worst of it is I suspect many of these people are not children at all...

In the last game I played my support died early and decided to blame me. You want to put them right but I've learned (the hard way) to just ignore it. So he wandered off into top lane and took a kill from there basically throwing the game out the window while I struggled on my own in bot lane. In the end I was blamed for "feeding".

I laughed. (and cried a little on the inside).

How do you get away from this? Or more importantly, how do you guys deal with it?

Not playing ever again would fix everything but it would be a real shame to have to go that far.

Start trolling or go afk!

don't do this

caitt.jpg

apparently they changed up cait skin a bit

i'm guessing it's very wip as it looks like transparency on her hat is broken and everything looks like shit

i'm a fan of the changes tho, leg thingie and sleeve thingies look cool

my main problem with the skin is that it's like gray which makes it kind of boring to look at

like nidalee's is a shiny green, it looks awesome
There won't be a single change that'll ever make that skin look good, even if it is a mild improvement from what it was before. The only compliment I can give it is "at least it's not the stripper cop skin."

erragal

Many of them are kids.

I'm not as passive because I can't stand poor empathy and I'm a cruel old man. My tactic depends upon who they're fucking with.

If they're picking on someone else I will break them down psychologically and get them hyper focused on me. Basically take the brunt of their petty aggression. I've noticed that these kids play better if you engage them socially in some fashion and challenge them in a way they're not used to.

This doesn't mean yelling at them randomly/calling them names. It does usually mean pointing out their cognitive dissonance, their minor mistakes and talking about their usage of anonimity to mask other issues. Often what happens is the distraction forces them into a major mistake, you sarcastically criticize them for that and they shut up and play really well.

If they're targeting you it's more difficult to fix. My best solution if it's a laning partner as a support is to roam and make plays elsewhere on the map. If it's the jungler you're probably screwed anyway; poor jungler temperament is devastating. It needs to be the calmest position.

If issues occur after team fighting/objective control yoy need to be completely positive and a team player. Also in general say nj whenever your teammates make any good plays period. Positice reinforcement before issues creates a sense of comraderie that will last the duration.

Some people are legitimately having an awful day and cannot be reached. It's just a reality of the game and the harshness of an early game laning mistake can set tilting in heavily.

One trend I have noticed this season over last is people view virtually all strategy discussion as being mean/overly critical. It's become difficult to try and teach people macro play in game lately.

It might be time for the game to go vchat...but so ends my ability to play comfortably. That's ok as I get more enjoyment out of competitive analysis than playing anyway.

Good luck and stay positive if you keep playing. Try to be a motivating/protective force on your team and you can transition that into leadership. Remember most league players come from an isolated background, not one of teamsports and teamplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom