• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHK3

Banned
How is Nami? I feel like if you can actually hit bubbles consistently she'd be great but it seems like every hero i ever get interested in I get told they are mediocre, are their any GOOD champion supports?

Nekofrog

Banned
I feel like I should just stick to ADC in solo q. 7 games of Cait, all wins, winning lane every time. 4 games of Tristana, 3 wins 1 leave at level 1 (the thresh troll).

Patch 4.9 forecast - Lucian nerfs are coming guys!
Patch 4.10 forecast - Lucian nerfs are coming guys!
Patch 4.11 forecast - Lucian nerfs are coming guys!
Patch 4.12 forecast - Lucian nerfs are coming guys!

Riot can you just nerf the little shit already?

Leezard

How is Nami? I feel like if you can actually hit bubbles consistently she'd be great but it seems like every hero i ever get interested in I get told they are mediocre, are their any GOOD champion supports?

She's great, but does indeed require some mechanics.

Patch 4.9 forecast - Lucian nerfs are coming guys!
Patch 4.10 forecast - Lucian nerfs are coming guys!
Patch 4.11 forecast - Lucian nerfs are coming guys!
Patch 4.12 forecast - Lucian nerfs are coming guys!

Riot can you just nerf the little shit already?

Nerfing Lucian is not easy. They have to clearly define what strengths he should have and what should be his weak areas.

Do they keep his mobility and lower his burst? Do they keep his burst and lower his mobility? Do they keep his burst AND mobility, but lower his range?

There are any number of ways they could add weaknesses to his kit but they have to make sure they choose the right ones and internally test all that before it hits PBE.

It's not as simple as "nerf the little shit already".

Nerfing Lucian is not easy. They have to clearly define what strengths he should have and what should be his weak areas.

Do they keep his mobility and lower his burst? Do they keep his burst and lower his mobility? Do they keep his burst AND mobility, but lower his range?

There are any number of ways they could add weaknesses to his kit but they have to make sure they choose the right ones and internally test all that before it hits PBE.

It's not as simple as "nerf the little shit already".
Sure, but it's been months and all they got to show is a W ratio nerf while Lucian still dictates bot lane. They weren't too shy in "giving weaknesses" to Draven, Jinx, Sivir, etc when they became problematic.

Give him a real nerf if his rework is going to take a while. Don't just let him do as he wants until worlds before they can finally do something about him.

Sure, but it's been months and all they got to show is a W ratio nerf while Lucian still dictates bot lane. They weren't too shy in "giving weaknesses" to Draven, Jinx, Sivir, etc when they became problematic.

Give him a real nerf if his rework is going to take a while. Don't just let him do as he wants until worlds before they can finally do something about him.

all those champions had issues that were far easier to solve than Lucian's.

I dislike the idea of nerfing something to the ground until they can get a rework out. I honestly don't think Lucian is as far and above the rest of the pack this patch as he was last patch. He's still top tier, but not as far ahead. I'm fine with him the way he is until they can sort him out properly.

Nekofrog

Banned
does that mean my ADC is still undefeated?

edit: aww yiss, it does. thanks riot~!

edit #2: that was the longest and quietest laning phase I've ever had as an ADC. No jungle interference, just 2v2 farm lane in bot. First back was at almost 3k gold because neither of us were giving the other the opportunity to back.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Well this was a fun little ARAM, I just got determined at the end to not die so I might not have been the strongest but it was satisfying.

tuuoLsE.jpg

Hooray, finally hit Level 20! :D Now to work on figuring out runes; which ones are best for ADC? (I should mention my current ADC line-up is Ashe, Sivir, Jinx, and either Tristana or Graves. I'm deciding between those two right now)

Hooray, finally hit Level 20! :D Now to work on figuring out runes; which ones are best for ADC? (I should mention my current ADC line-up is Ashe, Sivir, Jinx, and either Tristana or Graves. I'm deciding between those two right now)
First focus on the defensive stuff you'll use on pretty much every single champion and role, namely magic resist blues, flat HP yellows, flat armor yellows and flat attack damage reds and quintessences.

For ADCs specifically, for most of the ones you mentioned you'll want 9 flat AD reds, 5 flat HP yellows and 4 flat armor yellows, 9 flat magic resist blues and 2/3 attack speed quintessences (use a flat AD quint if you go 2 attack speed quints)

drawkcaB

If there was a Peggle Deluxe 1.01 OT I would just post there instead.

League of Legends |OT6| If there was a Peggle Deluxe 1.01 OT I would just post there instead.

Damn, essence is gonna be bf instead of pickaxe huh. Now that's something to pull people into buying it.

Honestly wondering if the item is a first buy on a poke-centric Varus if the buffs go through. Just loose Qs all day 'er day.

support zyra building offensively is pretty normal.

Yeah, but they should still pick up sightstone. Dude bought 8 wards, that's quite a bit above the break even point for Sightstone's gold value.

Ocho

Braum, Morgana God tier.

Nami, Thresh, Zyra, Karma, Leona decent picks.

jerd

New Spirit of the Ancient Golem seems horribly inefficient. Olaf is one of my favorite junglers but it definitely seems much worse for him without the tenacity and with the weaker mana sustain. The free health will be nice i'm sure because of that ult passive. I guess I'll just have to try it out.

There's a Zyra supp player in Challenger that basically never buys a single ward and goes full AP.

How the hell he got to Challenger MMR is beyond me.

Type2

Pbe khazix buffs and alistar buffs oh my!

I'd be willing to suffer his laning phase again for that ult. I'm waiting for the morg needs.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yeah, but they should still pick up sightstone. Dude bought 8 wards, that's quite a bit above the break even point for Sightstone's gold value.
of course, i didnt see the need to comment on the obvious.

There's a Zyra supp player in Challenger that basically never buys a single ward and goes full AP.

the zyra pain train has no breaks.

tm24

support zyra building offensively is pretty normal.

Yeah, but starting coin and never upgraded it til after you finish rushing Rabadons, sorc shoes and armguard isnt really normal. Using the new match history, its obvious this guy doesn't believe in sightstone period

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/NA1/48567317

The new match history says he placed 26 wards. Game last 43 minutes. If we asusme he placed his trinket ward every time it could go, lets assume every 3 minutes. So about 14 trinket wards. that means he bought 12 wards. Instead of building a freaking sightstone.

le bip

Neo Member
Just had the firewall bug for like the 15th time in the past few weeks and yeah, my account is now banned for one week. I've never been mad like this because of this game since the first few weeks of playing it. I can't believe the leaving penalties are automated even if Riot has acknowledged this bug (which, of course, affects the leaving penalties themselves) since more than 3 years ago.

Had a support zyra buy 8 wards instead of a sightstone. And built all AP. And called support. I dont even

"Cuz buying that one is cheaper duh" I knew my match will not end well after that.

How someone would difference a support outside buying wards

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
did they announce tsm lustboy yet

If this actually happens, we've gone full Starcraft. Korean talent on foreigner teams (better pay, practicing conditions for them) to the point where you have maybe a couple actual american dudes left on the team.

brian!

yeah im down, helios and loco have already made more content for na than snoopeh or whatever, same with lmq and vulcan, could care less about transfer of players as long as it results in fun things to watch

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's great for the scene since the talent pool goes up and Korean players tend to appreciate their fans a bit more (at least in SC). Sucks for NA players who are gonna get pushed out.

brian!

phillip teach me everything you know
i know about franzia
and maybe i can treat a red wine stain if i get cold water on it prtty quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom