• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
d[-_-]b;119591567 said:
I'd be one of them, never really seen a good janna support tho.

They're out there but there are just soo many other supports that outclass her in every category, she's not worth playing. The fact that you can (read:will) screw your team over sometimes with your ult is another annoying factor in her kit.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I feel like the new ot needs to acknowledge the great waifu divide of lol gaf

And a link to our official steam page!

You gifted me Mirror's Edge in like 2009, when we played TF2 and Fuel, and I played for a few hours, got stuck and never played again and I have felt terrible and indebted to you ever since.

Now you just make me want to gift you a crappy game that I know you can't finish.

TomShoe

Banned
Yep, going straight to hell.

RfYpT.jpg

TomShoe joined the room.
PeaceYo joined the room.
ChocolateYoda joined the room.
Kidwell4lyfe joined the room.
TomShoe: PIMP CANE OF JUSTICE
TomShoe: hows it taste
TomShoe: gg
dahlman82: haha hahaha too bad ur terrible lol
dahlman82: hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Llawdrin: ... You think that's impressive?
TomShoe: says 8/10/12 boy over here
dahlman82: nope but he thinks it is
TomShoe: don't be made because you got the backhand
dahlman82: yeah um we had no tanks
dahlman82: hahahaha
dahlman82: not mad
Llawdrin: Tanks aren't necessary in ARAM
dahlman82: u just think ur good and ur not lolo
dahlman82: hahahaha
TomShoe: you sound like it
dahlman82: yes they r
dahlman82: when u hav 2
dahlman82: and we hav none
TomShoe: why are you so upset
dahlman82: hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Llawdrin: . . . no then you just need to do more damage
dahlman82: never said i was
dahlman82: just saying u bad
dahlman82: bronze v lol
TomShoe: And you're a hater
dahlman82: hahahahahahahaha
dahlman82: hahahahaha
dahlman82: hahahahahaha
dahlman82: hahahahahaha
dahlman82: hahahahahahaha
TomShoe: You wanna 1 v 1?
TomShoe: ??????????????
dahlman82: ahahahahaa
dahlman82: sure
dahlman82: y not
TomShoe: Take a shot at the champ mang
dahlman82: but not today i m partying
TomShoe: riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite
dahlman82: im drunk and still btr then u
dahlman82: ahahaha
dahlman82: u cant even ranked
TomShoe: you must get all the ladies
dahlman82: cause u bad
dahlman82: haahahaha
dahlman82: hav a fiancee
dahlman82: bitcch
TomShoe: Stop being so upset
dahlman82: ur the one being a dousche
TomShoe: just mad cuz you got pimp caned
TomShoe: lmao
dahlman82: pimp cane never hurt
TomShoe: swing that rod and hit you in the face
dahlman82: more like a twig
dahlman82: hahaha
dahlman82: small like ur ****

AcridMeat

Banned
I honestly think how much I play aram has made me way better at team fights and positioning actually. I die way less in SR than I used to and secure way more kills confidently.

It's a jokey fun mode but there's more to it if you want there to be.

CRS witnessed the game we lost ;_;. If only Karma hadn't autopathed into our jungle and gotten caught we would have had that game. :'( Super minions overwhelming. We were pretty far behind for a long time too though. I was i think 3/3 in lane and around 40-50cs down.

If I worked at Riot I would add something like this:

"Did you know: Players who use /ignore all wins 75% more games"

or at least: "... enjoy the game more".

AcridMeat

Banned
If I worked at Riot I would add something like this:

"Did you know: Players who use /ignore all wins 75% more games"

or at least: "... enjoy the game more".
That's a nice positive message that breeds teamwork in a highly team oriented game.

Haha oh my goodness I checked and had 60,000 damage dealt to champions.

Blizzard

Banned
That's a nice positive message that breeds teamwork in a highly team oriented game.

Haha oh my goodness I checked and had 60,000 damage dealt to champions.
It actually does help teamwork, since people use smart pings instead of talking in chat.

I never used to ignore people, but I've started doing it occasionally when people are just slinging racial slurs or similar. It really does make the game better. If it's a really good player but they're throwing slurs, I'll still report them for that in case anyone sees the report and chat log. But, I'll mute them ingame and take the win as well.

AcridMeat

Banned
It actually does help teamwork, since people use smart pings instead of talking in chat.
I didn't want to actually get into messaging here, but you're equating so much here. Telling people to ignore chat doesn't necessarily mean they'll use pings. Having a message that promotes pings? Now that would have a better chance of doing so.

I don't know why I even had to make that post.

pigeon

Banned

I don't think that most people should mute everybody, but if you're constantly tilting you may as well just mute everybody and pretend you have a chat restriction.

When Riot implemented the chat restrictions there were quite a few people who commented on Reddit that being chat restricted made them win more and have more fun and so they wanted more chat restrictions so that they wouldn't tilt and flame their team. These people are their own worst enemy.

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't want to actually get into messaging here, but you're equating so much here. Telling people to ignore chat doesn't necessarily mean they'll use pings. Having a message that promotes pings? Now that would have a better chance of doing so.

I don't know why I even had to make that post.
You were originally replying to a kind of joking post by Sr Kitsune, and now replying with what appears to be a serious response, so I'm a little confused.

You said "That's a nice positive message that breeds teamwork in a highly team oriented game." My point is that the EFFECT of putting teammates on ignore, on average, may well be more wins and more enjoyment more often than not.

Yes that's unfortunate, and no it shouldn't be that way, and yes humans should be nice. But with the current problems that the League community has, using ignore in pure solo queue may actually both improve your experience and improve your win rate. Not everyone will use pings, but on average it may be improved.

No, Riot is not going to put Sr Kitsune's message in the game client, but I don't THINK we were seriously suggesting that would happen. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't mute everyone but i'm quick to do so if i feel like it's gonna make me upset

generally the moment someone on the enemy team says a word i'll mute them. i don't like
all those people that go like "camp some more" or "lucky" or that shit, so i'll just mute em

if it's on my team i'll only mute if they're being abusive to me but even then it won't really help me since i get very sensitive very easily if i'm yelled at. i don't mute people if they're flaming among each other since i don't really read the chat too much anyways

Blizzard

Banned
The nice thing about the other team raging with "camp some more" etc. messages is that it lets you know that they've become upset. This is a giant neon sign for the jungler to continue to harass that lane, hopefully making the rage complete, and causing the rest of the team to dogpile the losing laner and fight with each other in chat. Soon the journey to the dark side is finished and your team wins.

Newt

I don't really say negative things to team-mates in chat. I actively try to turn the enemy team against themselves. Like for example.

TF (15:31): Wow, our Trist so bad.
Me (15:40): I feel sorry for you man, I'd hate to have trash like that on my team.

That way I'm promoting the TF into being more toxic.

Yes, I'm a scumbag.

AcridMeat

Banned
You were originally replying to a kind of joking post by Sr Kitsune, and now replying with what appears to be a serious response, so I'm a little confused.

You said "That's a nice positive message that breeds teamwork in a highly team oriented game." My point is that the EFFECT of putting teammates on ignore, on average, may well be more wins and more enjoyment more often than not.

Yes that's unfortunate, and no it shouldn't be that way, and yes humans should be nice. But with the current problems that the League community has, using ignore in pure solo queue may actually both improve your experience and improve your win rate. Not everyone will use pings, but on average it may be improved.

No, Riot is not going to put Sr Kitsune's message in the game client, but I don't THINK we were seriously suggesting that would happen. :p
If you really want me to break down my thought process every step of the way, here it is summons.

I posted a joke response to a joke post. You responded to my response with a serious answer I disagreed with, so I responded to you in a serious manner.

You may be sitting there thinking, "Why? Why would he be so serious like this all of a sudden?"

It's because I actually use the chat to communicate objectives to the team. I've had enough games over the years where doing so has helped the entire team. It irks me when people play a genre that depends so heavily on teamwork and coordination and cooperation to have enjoyment and success, yet want to block off the means to accomplish that.

Is that satisfying enough? I never thought he was being serious. I honestly don't know why you thought I took it seriously.

If anything you take what I say seriously because you message me about it.

Newt

If you really want me to break down my thought process every step of the way, here it is summons.

I posted a joke response to a joke post. You responded to my response with a serious answer I disagreed with, so I responded to you in a serious manner.

You may be sitting there thinking, "Why? Why would he be so serious like this all of a sudden?"

It's because I actually use the chat to communicate objectives to the team. I've had enough games over the years where doing so has helped the entire team. It irks me when people play a genre that depends so heavily on teamwork and coordination and cooperation to have enjoyment and success, yet want to block off the means to accomplish that.

Is that satisfying enough? I never thought he was being serious. I honestly don't know why you thought I took it seriously.

If anything you take what I say seriously because you message me about it.
That wasn't clear. Gonna need you to go into more detail here.

zkylon

zkylewd
The nice thing about the other team raging with "camp some more" etc. messages is that it lets you know that they've become upset. This is a giant neon sign for the jungler to continue to harass that lane, hopefully making the rage complete, and causing the rest of the team to dogpile the losing laner and fight with each other in chat. Soon the journey to the dark side is finished and your team wins.
yea i generally try to make rager's lives all the more miserable but i never say a word

there's never anything good to be gained for interacting with people in the internets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom