• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

They feed.
They feed me good beef bulgogi!
dignitas_980x420.jpg

amazing
Wtf, where.

Newt

yea i get what you mean

my thought is thresh is a champion that got so many nerfs that he's now allowed to have his op thing being his lantern. it's not like the rest of his kit isn't god tier or anything, cos it is, but he's been beaten with a stick until he's become really manageable

he's not alistar but i'd say he's one the weakest at laning of all the strong supports i can think of.
I disagree.

Tizoc

Just lost a match where the opponent jungler was an AD Jungle Lulu.
I crap you not.
Ez managed to carry us but TF and Xin could've been better (me too I feel).
Ah well.

zkylon

zkylewd
He has one of the best laning phases out of all the supports.
honest i might've overshot it saying it was weak, he's actually got decent laning

What are the reason(s) you would say that? Sheer utility?
he's very safe and got no real weakpoints while someone like zyra can shit on him but if adc gets ganked she can't do all that much about it

that's my guess

i don't disagree. like i said before, take that post of mine with a grain of salt

What are the reason(s) you would say that? Sheer utility?
impossibly hard to shut down
does huge harass damage during laning due to flay passive
almost a guaranteed kill on the landing of death sentence
absolutely massive amounts of crowd control
the lantern

you can have thresh be at 0 items and if he lands a hook onto the apc or adc, you will win the teamfight.

zkylon

zkylewd
also rekkles said in interview after alliance they picked nami over thresh to have a better 2v2 laning

so you know

rekkles' too pretty to lie

nami has the better 2v2 only if she takes advantage of her better level 1 harass. even then she still has to dodge the hook otherwise the sheer damage output from thresh will just massacre her.

zkylon

zkylewd
nami has the better 2v2 only if she takes advantage of her better level 1 harass. even then she still has to dodge the hook otherwise the sheer damage output from thresh will just massacre her.
i think you're underselling the amount of damage nami has

like thresh lands a q and it's 80 (q)+65 (e active)+80 (e passive).

nami lands a q and it's 75 (q) + 70 (w) + at least 25-50 from e. nami also has a bit more damage since she starts spellthief.

i'm ignoring lots of stuff (flay hitting many people, multiple nami q bounces) cos that's hard to appraise but like you're making it as if thresh has annie like burst

also nami can play around the hook a lot better than thresh can play around nami's damage since w and auto range is way higher than flay.

not saying it's not true that if he lands a hook you're usually in a flash or die situation but same can be said for many stuns that are easier to land

Thresh is far from being a weak laner

There's no lane that actually beats him. If things go south he can just become a peeler and there's little most supports can do about it.
my wording was really bad and i'm sorry for that, i shouldn't have said his laning was weak

and yea no matter what you do to him in lane he's a god later on with the crazy amounts of cc plus lantern

Blizzard

Banned
honest i might've overshot it saying it was weak, he's actually got decent laning

he's very safe and got no real weakpoints while someone like zyra can shit on him but if adc gets ganked she can't do all that much about it

that's my guess

i don't disagree. like i said before, take that post of mine with a grain of salt

impossibly hard to shut down
does huge harass damage during laning due to flay passive
almost a guaranteed kill on the landing of death sentence
absolutely massive amounts of crowd control
the lantern

you can have thresh be at 0 items and if he lands a hook onto the apc or adc, you will win the teamfight.

These are great points, but I wanted to know Lord Newt's reasons! D:

And Newt now with the waifu avatar, hard times. soda cop, good try attempting to give him a 'L'.

zkylon

zkylewd
damn it i wanted to do a fancy one with like transparency and shit and make newt proud and i got beaten

eh, still a victory for waifu legion

i'll take it

sorry i failed u newt :<

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Gonna change my avatar. Draven is way too difficult to play at higher elo, I don't even find him fun to play anymore in ranked. Someone crop for me pls.

HUNTRESS SIVIR!

Gooble gobble one of us one of us

Also I really need to re-learn Sivir. She was my second best ADC last season but I never caught up with the nerfs.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wonder why riot hasn't gone ahead with the chinese splash arts for more champions

like look at dat sivir splash art. dat shit is epic

while na version is complete shit

you know it sounds like it would help sales to have good splash arts since the store doesn't even show the ingame models, right?

SeigO

Banned
Damn I just got my wisdom teeth pulled this morning and I'm going to be going for Diamond 1 before I move out of west coast ping in a week or two. I'm on percocet for the next 4 days. I hope I don't tank my LP hard like this haha.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Damn I just got my wisdom teeth pulled this morning and I'm going to be going for Diamond 1 before I move out of west coast ping in a week or two. I'm on percocet for the next 4 days. I hope I don't tank my LP hard like this haha.

Let me know if you ended up doing better, I would start choking those percocet when I play ranked.

Interesting coincidence, I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday morning.

IV Sedation + Local is just amazing, I can't remember the surgery and it's been completely painless.

How long does it take before my elo decays? I'm in gold 5 and basically just want to stay there for the rewards, busy getting through my backlog at the moment.

zkylon

zkylewd
Interesting coincidence, I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday morning.

IV Sedation + Local is just amazing, I can't remember the surgery and it's been completely painless.

How long does it take before my elo decays? I'm in gold 5 and basically just want to stay there for the rewards, busy getting through my backlog at the moment.

not sure but i think like a month or something?

if you're opening the game often it'll let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom