• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to buy Leona, Free Leona rotation this week...

btw sorceress lux with new splash art on sale

<3

such a shitty skin why am i buying this

Swr-portrait-marisa.png

Best Skin ever

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I mean in-game. Riot will throw out all kinds of PR and numbers but it won't improve your in-game experience by any noticeable margin.
There are in game tips before the match about players getting banned. My life would completely change if I saw the number go up.

scy

now I know what I'll have playing for the next few hours

thanks

There are in game tips before the match about players getting banned. My life would completely change if I saw the number go up.

It should be a news ticker.

drawkcaB

now I know what I'll have playing for the next few hours

thanks

It should be a news ticker.

More like a stock ticker, then players could bet on champions getting banned.

Early morning banning had Vayne mains drop 3.8%, but that rebounded in the afternoon as value conscious investors recognize this was short term sell-off.

scy

but who will recognise the URL...

OF COURSE I RECOGNIZE IT

What game?

FFXIV and yuki chanting, it feels appropriate for my sanity

More like a stock ticker, then players could bet on champions getting banned.

Early morning banning had Vayne mains drop 3.8%, but that rebounded in the afternoon as value conscious investors recognize this was short term sell-off.

I thought about that but I think I liked this more in Champ Select and the other during the loading screen.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DOTA2 employs some psychological trickery to manage player behavior on a wide scale.

Recently, there have been these "surveys" at the end of game where you rate your one of your teammates along 3 axes, cooperation, friendliness, and willingness to play with again. I don't know how these stats are being used, but I assume they're being used somehow because they're the current evolution of the original experiment, detailed here: http://geekparty.com/how-valve-tricked-dota-2-players-into-better-behavior

But what we changed a bit a little more recently was added a couple more questions. So we added, “Please rate how cooperative your teammates were, one to five stars,” you know, not at all cooperative to very cooperative. We also added a third question, which was, “Rate how cooperative you were as a teammate.” And this was the important one.

I honestly don’t care if you lie. All of us want to think highly of ourselves, so there’s going to be a natural inclination to want to put, say, “Hey, I was really cooperative as a teammate.”

What’s going to happen, though, is that if you rate yourself really highly as a teammate, “Yeah, I’m a five-star teammate” but you weren’t, because you know that you were being a dick in the game, you’re going to go into what psychologists like to call cognitive dissonance. When you’re holding two conflicting notions in mind, right? One, that you were actually a bad teammate, and two, that you rated yourself highly as a good teammate.

You’re going to want to answer the question honestly. You’re going to want to actually rate yourself accurately as a good teammate, so the hope is that because you had this dissonance between how you want to rate yourself and how you actually behaved, it’s going to push your behavior more towards wanting to be a more cooperative teammate.

So we actually saw, once we put those questions in the game, is that the number of reports in-game went down by about 10 to 15 percent.
So yeah, Riot needs to get in on this and hire some psychologists with their massive treasure chest. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to experiment on 67 million people simultaneously.

zkylon

zkylewd
maybe it should just show the champion's winrate in champion select so ppl stops playing vayne, so they start losing less games and they start flaming less

if your champion's winrate is <50% you get a ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO BE CARRIED BY YOUR TEAM? popup box with like "yes i wanna be dead weight" and "no i'm a teamplayer" options (which instalocks you mf)

Sofo

I'm trying to get at least a champion per role, so at least on Normals I can get to do well, even in a role that isn't support.

So far I enjoy Tristana as ADC, and I think that if I improve with my positioning on TFs, it should be fine. For Jungle, I think Vi and Amumu might be to my liking (Vi has been, so far!). I still have quite the trouble last hitting on Mage roles, such as Lux, for my mid-laner, which I guess it might be Ziggs or Fizz. As for top I am torn between Riven and Gragas. Riven seems easy to use but hard to master? Got to try her on my husband's account (it's free rotation pre level 6) and had a lot of fun. Basically with the right farm and fed on early, you are just a death-machine!

Any other suggestions for mid or top are very much welcome! Preferably something that in the event that I start doing rankeds (which won't be for some months), I can take them there. Thanks in advance!

Had a really fun game with some friends on Team Builder, as Tristana. My friend and I fed early on to the botlane, which made things harder, but once I got some farm, basically I was just deleting people left and right (if they got close to me that is). @_@ Gotta love Trist!

zkylon

zkylewd
DOTA2 employs some psychological trickery to manage player behavior on a wide scale.

Recently, there have been these "surveys" at the end of game where you rate your one of your teammates along 3 axes, cooperation, friendliness, and willingness to play with again. I don't know how these stats are being used, but I assume they're being used somehow because they're the current evolution of the original experiment, detailed here: http://geekparty.com/how-valve-tricked-dota-2-players-into-better-behavior

So yeah, Riot needs to get in on this and hire some psychologists with their massive treasure chest. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to experiment on 67 million people simultaneously.
yea, i read this crap, it's the same shit as riot does

"we gave the "toxic players win less games than friendly players" tip a red hue and toxic players decreased in a 0.4%."

i kinda wish riot just upgraded the ping system to add like baron, dragon, warded, someone buy a pink, bait here, push, all that crap and then just remove the chatting system altogether

i don't think i've ever enjoyed a conversation with a random

I'm trying to get at least a champion per role, so at least on Normals I can get to do well, even in a role that isn't support.

So far I enjoy Tristana as ADC, and I think that if I improve with my positioning on TFs, it should be fine. For Jungle, I think Vi and Amumu might be to my liking (Vi has been, so far!). I still have quite the trouble last hitting on Mage roles, such as Lux, for my mid-laner, which I guess it might be Ziggs or Fizz. As for top I am torn between Riven and Gragas. Riven seems easy to use but hard to master? Got to try her on my husband's account (it's free rotation pre level 6) and had a lot of fun. Basically with the right farm and fed on early, you are just a death-machine!

Any other suggestions for mid or top are very much welcome! Preferably something that in the event that I start doing rankeds (which won't be for some months), I can take them there. Thanks in advance!

Had a really fun game with some friends on Team Builder, as Tristana. My friend and I fed early on to the botlane, which made things harder, but once I got some farm, basically I was just deleting people left and right (if they got close to me that is). @_@ Gotta love Trist!
for csing as a mage you might try just hitting all minions once or twice then using your waveclear spell to instantly kill em all. with lux specially you kind of want to do the opposite and leave them to be killed with your passive procs but you can like hit every caster minion once, e the wave so that all casters die immediatelly and then proc passive on every melee.

i also like running the mastery that adds damage to your attacks against minions and buy double dorans on most games which really boosts your waveclear early on

if you try to always back from base with a little more ap than before (also having ap/lvl runes helps) you shouldn't have much trouble clearing mostly with spells

you might like ahri mid lane. she's kind of a hard skillcap but not really and she's lots of fun and also has tons of pretty skins

Haly

I just need 3 pings.

"Well played!"
"I immediately regret my decision"
"New meta!"

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
maybe it should just show the champion's winrate in champion select so ppl stops playing vayne, so they start losing less games and they start flaming less

if your champion's winrate is <50% you get a ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO BE CARRIED BY YOUR TEAM? popup box with like "yes i wanna be dead weight" and "no i'm a teamplayer" options (which instalocks you mf)
The only Vayne player I saw recently was cool. Ezreal players are the new Vayne players to be honest.
You could always learn Akali.

garath

Top lane is a lot of FOTM champs but the old tried and true ones you can rely on are:

Renekton
Irelia
Jax
Riven

Mid Lane all arounders:

Ahri
Zed
Yasuo
Kassadin (banned often though)
Katarina (I only put her here because she's cheap and a lot of fun to play. Currently strong in solo queue)

garath

I just need 3 pings.

"Well played!"
"I immediately regret my decision"
"New meta!"

I would use this one.

Can also call it

"My bad"

Oh god. An RP sale. Shoot. I may have to throw $20 in there just in case.

edit: Double crap. Every legacy skin?? My kid is going to go nuts. You guys have no idea how into skins he is. I swear half my purchases have been influenced by him.

Haly

Is this something that doodoo head cooked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom