• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the amount of true damage that Darius can potentially do with full tank items, but for all I know he may be balanced in terms of overall game performance. I feel like Darius players also tend to be jerks, ala Master Yi / Vayne.

You dont have to bother to go equip some damage gear just being tanky ?

Blizzard

Banned
You dont have to bother to go equip some damage gear just being tanky ?
The ult does a maximum of 320 true damage at level 1, and 680 true damage at level 3, if Darius has no bonus AD at all.

So I guess I was wrong, that's not too bad. With one or maybe two damage items though, it can hit 800+ true damage if he gets the combo off. Yes, lots of champions can do damaging combos, but that amount of true damage just feels extra irritating sometimes. :p

Jeff-DSA

The ult does a maximum of 320 true damage at level 1, and 680 true damage at level 3, if Darius has no bonus AD at all.

So I guess I was wrong, that's not too bad. With one or maybe two damage items though, it can hit 800+ true damage if he gets the combo off. Yes, lots of champions can do damaging combos, but that amount of true damage just feels extra irritating sometimes. :p

It has a pretty long cooldown if you don't get the reset, however. You have to basically save it in a fight until you know it's going to get a kill.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think darius kinda lends himself to OH BULLSHIT! kind of moments but he feels kind of balanced power wise at least

i hear he's in line for a rework tho

Ferga

aFLpeCs.png

Er mer gerd

3 Koreans

-Stole drag in a 1v3, flashed over dragon pit and got a triple kill after

Felt like a boss. 9minute triforce, thanks.

Subtle

i think darius kinda lends himself to OH BULLSHIT! kind of moments but he feels kind of balanced power wise at least

Yeah apparently live Darius isn't close to what he was supposed to be because they rushed his release.

Jeff-DSA

I hate this game on the weekends.

VlAtLQ0.png

Also on the weekdays.

Our guy who is last pick takes Mundo and then just feeds kills under the bottom turret over and over. Then Lucian starts thinking that's funny, so when he gets a kill, he goes into the turret to die too. So then our Karthus thinks that it's funny so he just starts feeding kills into the mid tower.

This is what I deal with.

Nocturne and I were the only two trying. The rest were just straight trolling. In ranked.

XNtdIcz.png

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i mean i don't know if she's particularly troublesome but it's more of a general sigh that the game seems so out of place sometimes with like janna become op from one day to another and having alistar vs maokai top, zilean is banned all the time in competitive, etc.

i liked that ghostcrawler said that they'll start trying crazy shit on pbe

i mean the league's fun and all and for random games you see enough pick variety that it's ok but you know, it feels like if there were more tools (items) available to deal with the random op fotm stuff then maybe it wouldn't feel so random sometimes

i dunno just voicing my late night thoughts that may or may not be completely right

Newt

I hate this game on the weekends.

VlAtLQ0.png

Also on the weekdays.

Our guy who is last pick takes Mundo and then just feeds kills under the bottom turret over and over. Then Lucian starts thinking that's funny, so when he gets a kill, he goes into the turret to die too. So then our Karthus thinks that it's funny so he just starts feeding kills into the mid tower.

This is what I deal with.
Dude, if someone legit says they're gonna feed in champ select and you don't dodge, you're the one being stupid.

yea i mean i don't know if she's particularly troublesome but it's more of a general sigh that the game seems so out of place sometimes with like janna become op from one day to another and having alistar vs maokai top, zilean is banned all the time in competitive, etc.

i liked that ghostcrawler said that they'll start trying crazy shit on pbe

i mean the league's fun and all and for random games you see enough pick variety that it's ok but you know, it feels like if there were more tools (items) available to deal with the random op fotm stuff then maybe it wouldn't feel so random sometimes

i dunno just voicing my late night thoughts that may or may not be completely right
It's not random, lol. She got buffs recently.

zkylon

zkylewd
they were minor buffs everyone figured would do very little difference

as riot puts it "Some small buffs for Janna, given she's still very strong as a disengage support champion."

it's random cos it's unexpected

Jeff-DSA

Wow, I played one more game and that duo troll ended up on the other team. I killed the one who said he was going to feed in my game in the mid and then he quit, which caused another person on their team to quit. In post game chat they said that he was planning to troll the match, and he did. He played hard until I killed him and then just left the game.

I wonder if he got a hold of someone else's account and he's just trying to get it banned. It's obvious that he's just ruining games on purpose tonight.

Y6tseed.png

It's that KO King Kade guy.

Darius is very silly in 1v1 scenarios. But then again, it's essentially impossible to lose against him as Lulu, and he gets outscaled by more or less everyone. You can give up 40cs and still be much more useful after 20 minutes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
road to plat begins now
Congrats.
High plat is the worst though because of D5 players.
I hate the amount of true damage that Darius can potentially do with full tank items, but for all I know he may be balanced in terms of overall game performance. I feel like Darius players also tend to be jerks, ala Master Yi / Vayne.
He literally has no tools to stop himself from being kited.

Darius is very silly in 1v1 scenarios. But then again, it's essentially impossible to lose against him as Lulu, and he gets outscaled by more or less everyone. You can give up 40cs and still be much more useful after 20 minutes.
He's nearly impossible to lose against as anyone with any kind of range. And he isn't even the king of close-combat melee / 1 vs 1 skirmishes after they drastically lowered the damage on his ult and how its resets behave. There's very little reason to be afraid of Darius right now.

dominion, yuck
Could be worse. Like competitive League in all its boring glory with samey picks all week month in month out, or the joy of moving in a straight line during an ARAM session.

Achtius

I lost to a darius support, no idea how to play again him, he was so tanky :(

TomShoe

Banned
Game starts

Katarina: "I'm sorry"

*leaves*

Duo Partner Leona: "Pls don't report!!!!"

*leaves*

What do?

I lost to a darius support, no idea how to play again him, he was so tanky :(

Just don't die vs. him. If he doesn't have any kills after 20 minutes, he will be irrelevant for the rest of the game.

Ocho

I'm almost done with my placement matches in LAN server and it's funny when a bronze player tries to advice me on what to do, how to play, and they are soooo god damn wrong, it's hilarious. They have absolutely no idea how to play this game. However, I usually play along and ask for forgiveness for being so noob, then proceed to carry their ass.

Blizzard

Banned
Dude, if someone legit says they're gonna feed in champ select and you don't dodge, you're the one being stupid.
Isn't this victim blaming? People shouldn't intentionally grief games like that, and Riot should take them out of ranked if they do feed.

You yourself admitted a day or two ago that (in diamond) you sometimes go AFK if votes don't go your way, right? And you said you had been doing that for a long time with no consequences? That's an indication that the system should be improved, in my opinion.

The ingame League community may be bad, but I don't think people should be called stupid for refusing to dodge. If anything, I wish Riot would remove the ability to dodge and see what happens. If griefers are the problem, they should deal with that, rather than sort of facilitating it.

I'm almost done with my placement matches in LAN server and it's funny when a bronze player tries to advice me on what to do, how to play, and they are soooo god damn wrong, it's hilarious. They have absolutely no idea how to play this game. However, I usually play along and ask for forgiveness for being so noob, then proceed to carry their ass.
*edit* Great attitude. XD

drawkcaB

They've floated a few ideas out there, but as far as I know none have been put into practice in any meaningful way. The core idea that kept creeping up every time it was discussed in the forums was to make his bleed stacks meaningful on all abilities, not just his ult and give him more sticking power. Power reduction in very short engagements and stronger abilities if you dare to stay around and fight him.

Personally love Darius and I'd play him more if I could handle range v. melee match-ups.

Tizoc

So our mid was a fiora who wen tup against Kata, and the opposing team's Wukong mainly focused on mid. Wu and Kata fed like mad off of her and our jungler :/
I was doing OK as Twitch but when Kata targets you? ggs.

garath

Isn't this victim blaming? People shouldn't intentionally grief games like that, and Riot should take them out of ranked if they do feed.

You yourself admitted a day or two ago that (in diamond) you sometimes go AFK if votes don't go your way, right? And you said you had been doing that for a long time with no consequences? That's an indication that the system should be improved, in my opinion.

The ingame League community may be bad, but I don't think people should be called stupid for refusing to dodge. If anything, I wish Riot would remove the ability to dodge and see what happens. If griefers are the problem, they should deal with that, rather than sort of facilitating it.

It's not victim blaming, it's protecting yourself.

What's worse? a 3 lp loss and a 5 or 15 minute time penalty (I honestly don't remember which it is for ranked anymore) or wasting 20-40min on a miserable game for more LP loss and worse - MMR loss.

It is kind of stupid not to dodge when you have people claiming they are going to ruin your game before it even starts. It's not worth the headache. Riot can police them and certainly they will eventually be banned but that doesn't help you for THIS game right now.

Let's draw a real life analogy. If someone walks into a store and starts waving around something that looks like a gun threatening to shoot someone, do you stand around and see what happens or do you leave? Maybe it's a toy gun, maybe it's a skit! Roll the dice?If it's real, the police will eventually get the guy but they aren't there right now. Protect yourself and get the heck out of dodge.

Blizzard

Banned
It's not victim blaming, it's protecting yourself.

What's worse? a 3 lp loss and a 5 or 15 minute time penalty (I honestly don't remember which it is for ranked anymore) or wasting 20-40min on a miserable game for more LP loss and worse - MMR loss.

It is kind of stupid not to dodge when you have people claiming they are going to ruin your game before it even starts. It's not worth the headache. Riot can police them and certainly they will eventually be banned but that doesn't help you for THIS game right now.

Let's draw a real life analogy. If someone walks into a store and starts waving around something that looks like a gun threatening to shoot someone, do you stand around and see what happens or do you leave? Maybe it's a toy gun, maybe it's a skit! Roll the dice?If it's real, the police will eventually get the guy but they aren't there right now. Protect yourself and get the heck out of dodge.
Maybe, it just seems uncomfortably similar to "they were asking for it" arguments, to me.

I understand there can be a situation like was just mentioned where maybe someone is trying to get someone else's account banned. I don't know that you can really do much about that. I guess the thing with dodging is, not only does it lend itself to griefers staying active in the game longer than they otherwise would (maybe the players who dodged are slightly happier, but the community as a whole is thus unhealthier), it also lends itself to additional min-max gaming, e.g. "always dodge if you see a Rengar / Master Yi / Vayne" or whatnot. Again, this may actually slightly hurt the community as a whole since Riot would be missing some statistics for what would have happened in those games, unless Riot also tracks stuff like "percentage of games dodged when Rengar is on your team".

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I just don't care enough to dodge. It's only stupid because Riot is so bad about banning offenders that your report might as well be meaningless.

garath

Maybe, it just seems uncomfortably similar to "they were asking for it" arguments, to me.

I understand there can be a situation like was just mentioned where maybe someone is trying to get someone else's account banned. I don't know that you can really do much about that. I guess the thing with dodging is, not only does it lend itself to griefers staying active in the game longer than they otherwise would (maybe the players who dodged are slightly happier, but the community as a whole is thus unhealthier), it also lends itself to additional min-max gaming, e.g. "always dodge if you see a Rengar / Master Yi / Vayne" or whatnot. Again, this may actually slightly hurt the community as a whole since Riot would be missing some statistics for what would have happened in those games, unless Riot also tracks stuff like "percentage of games dodged when Rengar is on your team".

It's a choice. Dimb laid it out. Do you care enough to dodge? I'm not playing to gain rank anymore. I play for fun. However, I do NOT enjoy myself when someone hateful is very obviously trolling the hell out of the game. So if faced with a choice of rolling the dice on someone who is a fucker in champ select, I'll dodge. That's why I have -3 LP right now.

I currently get to play 1 game a month to maintain my rank. The last 3 games (all ranked) I had someone go afk on my team or disconnect immediately. Talk about bad luck. If I had any inkling they would have done that, I would have dodged immediately. I want to make the most of the limited playtime I have. That doesn't involve suffering fools.

On the contrary. I don't dodge for teamcomps or champion picks. For that, I don't care. As long as all 4 guys show up and play the whole game, I'm all right with it. I'm not going to dodge for a Master Yi or a Teemo top. More than likely they're going to be as bad as advertised, but you never know.

I just don't care enough to dodge. It's only stupid because Riot is so bad about banning offenders that your report might as well be meaningless.

Riot banning offenders is never going to solve the issue. Whether they're repeat offenders or doing it for the first time, there's no system in place to help you in that moment.

Whether Riot's heavy handed and quick at punishing repeat offenders or not doesn't matter in the moment, because that game will be affected no matter what happens after that. Your LP is gone and you wasted 40 minutes of your time. Knowing that guy got banned within 5 minutes of the game ending isn't going to make people feel better and solve the issue.

It's a hard thing to deal with. I'm not sure what kind of preventative measures Riot could put in place to prevent people from being affected by leavers/afkers/trolls.

Jeff-DSA

Game starts

Katarina: "I'm sorry"

*leaves*

Duo Partner Leona: "Pls don't report!!!!"

*leaves*

What do?

I agree with the others and report in these situations.

As for me not dodging, well, I feel like if I do that I'm just kicking the problem down the road for the next guy. They immediately go back into champion select and start trolling a new group. I would think that if people just report them after a match that they will eventually be banned, but it seems like they're just not doing it lately. Honestly, the last month has been brutal for toxic players. I've never seen such a crazy high number of players ruining games ever, and they really need to get it under control.

V_Arnold

Just like with every game, being out of "meta" does not mean shit. If you go outside meta and you WIN, you change the meta. If you go outside/against meta and fail, then you were just bad.

People love binary stuffs, and they do not want to think of any game's meta as something malleable. They just want to learn the current one (hah) and claim that it is the only way to play/succeed. And then this mindset is regularly shattered, only to be built up again and again. New stuff is built into the meta, and NOW the meta is untouchable. Until it needs to be rebuilt once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom