• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Well it seems like a set off a flame war last night. I dunno, I agree with Costy here.
I didn't see anyone flaming -- we were discussing whether there is anything Riot can or should do about people griefing with apparent impunity, and I didn't think it was decent to call people stupid for not wanting to dodge, because it feels like saying "those players are asking for it". Other people brought up good points about various aspects of it all.

Overall I think it was pretty polite?

These are the worst bans.
At least I admit it! I just do it because I don't want to see them.

Jeff-DSA

I didn't see anyone flaming -- we were discussing whether there is anything Riot can or should do about people griefing with apparent impunity, and I didn't think it was decent to call people stupid for not wanting to dodge, because it feels like saying "those players are asking for it". Other people brought up good points about various aspects of it all.

Overall I think it was pretty polite?

Funny enough, after the discussion, I do think it's rather dumb of me not to dodge when I'm running into an obvious no-win situation. I didn't realize how difficult the moderation situation was, so maybe I should be better at looking out for myself.

But still, I do think it's on Riot to improve the quality of experience.

Newt

So went up against top Ali for first time. He honestly didn't seem that strong to me. He felt like he had no pushing power. I would just roam mid and get kills for my ori. Could someone care to explain how top Ali works?
a966b60c219af44435d2aa8c6c1c5028.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So went up against top Ali for first time. He honestly didn't seem that strong to me. He felt like he had no pushing power. I would just roam mid and get kills for my ori. Could someone care to explain how top Ali works?
He can push pretty well with passive and sheen. In theory.

Ferrio

Banned
When I tried him I went the Mao build route... that didn't work so well... couldn't clear waves at all. I was annoying as hell to garen though.

Negaduck

Playing after a hiatus of league is always so weird. I feel like my knowledge is outdated from patches lol.

What's the best place to check to see who's pretty viable in each lane?

I usually play top. Garen is my favorite but I'll play any top to win.

Burt

Playing after a hiatus of league is always so weird. I feel like my knowledge is outdated from patches lol.

Maokai.

Maokai in any lane.

Maokai in any role.

Einbroch

Banned

Malphite secret OP. Get in on this LP train before it's common knowledge.

Wait what's the difference between an ultimate and legendary skin?
Legendaries are the 1850 RP skins. They come with a new model, animations, voices and effects, like Battlecast Cho and Forecast Janna.

Ultimates are the 3150 RP skins. They come will all the legendary stuff plus a ton of other exclusive shit like on kill effects, transforming model as you level up, profile banners and icons, etc. Only ultimate skins so far are Pulsefire Ezreal and Spirit Guard Udyr.

TomShoe

Banned
Wait what's the difference between an ultimate and legendary skin?

From LoLWiki:

LoLWiki said:
The skins tagged with the 1820 price are called Legendary Skins. These skins usually affect the champion in more meaningful ways than just changes in appearance. As an example, Lion Dance Kog'Maw will make him shoot out fireworks for his skills, instead of the normal projectiles.

The "special effect rule" however isn't always true, especially for older legendary skins, where only the model was changed; those skins still had far more work put into them than the others at that time.

Skins that receive even more work than a what a Legendary skin requires are Ultimate skins. At the moment there are only two skins in the category: Pulsefire Ezreal and Spirit Guard Udyr. Ultimate skins, along with their unique appearance, quotes and improved model, comes with a couple extra bonuses - a special summoner icon or icons(s) and a profile banner. Therefore, these skins have the highest price yet, and cost 3250 RP.

Veigar getting the ultimate? Who plays him? He can delete one person, but in teamfights he falls off.

zkylon

zkylewd

the image doesn't really indicate it'll be an arcade skin as the three arcade skin champions are in pixelart style while giant evil hand is not

might just be the ascension thing

also very unlikely they'll tie in the ultimate skin with another skin line i think

but who knows

i'd rather it'd be for veigar than xerath for sure

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
the image doesn't really indicate it'll be an arcade skin as the three arcade skin champions are in pixelart style while giant evil hand is not

might just be the ascension thing

also very unlikely they'll tie in the ultimate skin with another skin line i think

but who knows

i'd rather it'd be for veigar than xerath for sure

I just realized they went with a mage, archer, warrior archetype for those skins.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Does Thoorin actually play the game? I turned on Summoner's Insight but the first thing I heard was that Lee Sin was the most balanced champion in the game.

Blizzard

Banned
For Fiora, would Last Whisper be best built after Hydra or should Youmuu be built after Hydra?
I would suggest ghostblade. It helps you catch people, stick to them, do more attacks when you're there, and kill towers faster if you're split pushing.

Last whisper can come later.

Ori, Caitlyn, Udyr, Amumu, Jax, Pantheon, Nami, are pretty well balanced in my opinion.

Ori, Cait, Nami are strong champs, but all have counterplay. Nami requires landing a difficult to land skillshot and good positioning, Cait requires good kiting and positioning with a clear advantage (her range) and clear weaknesses (not incredibly mobile, not a great duelist, not that strong at all ins), Ori requires landing skillshots, smart use of skills, good positioning, good teamplay.

Udyr I think is balanced because he is a champion with very clear strengths (waveclear, jungle clear, tankiness, speed, dueling potential, counter jungling) and weaknesses (easily kited, mana reliant). Amumu, Jax, and Pantheon are similar. Amumu and Pantheon (jungle) suffer from poor early mana sustain. Amumu is very vulnerable to being killed in his jungle, while Pantheon is strong early and relies on applying enough early pressure to begin snowballing. Jax and Amumu both have weak early games that scale well, but both can be countered with proper cc chaining or disengage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom