• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Make her dash a skill shot. If it hits an enemy target, you get another and the cooldown is reduced. If you miss, it's like Gnar, you can't use it for a while.

Make her Riposte block EVERYTHING. There's a damn wind wall and an unbreakable on Braum. You can give that to her at least.

Turn her E into a passive that increases her attack speed for a few seconds every time you attack. This stacks up to (whatever) times.

Leave her ult alone.

Make her passive not a complete piece of shit.

bokn

Banned
It's ridiculous because they've pussyfooted around for so long. In the mean time champions that have come out long after her and long after they decided they needed to rework her have gotten their own reworks. Lucian, Rengar etc. being the obvious examples. Meanwhile they keep up this non-committal bullshit that's leading to her getting nerfed instead of properly addressed.

I understand that you feel strongly about Fiora, but you can't see reworks of more recent champions as slights against your cause. Lucian, Rengar, Soraka, Viktor, Sona etc all occupy different design spaces than Fiora (auto attack melee carry(light fighter?/assassin?). I'd understand if you were upset if they reworked a bunch of melee carries before her, but I think they're just having a lot of trouble making something interesting to fulfill the melee space. Master Yi got reworked (same design space) and it was barely a change from his original design - whilst Fiora seems to require a more drastic change to her kit and needs to avoid the kind of assassiny area that Master Yi has already put himself into. Personally, I think the melee auto attacker space is pretty small and boring, so it's probably not easy to make a good kit for Fiora.

the only thing I can think of is removing the untargetable aspect of her ult.

Which would be dumb.
I think you're overreacting now, There would be no way they would/could do that since she doesn't even have a hitbox during her ult.
Make her dash a skill shot. If it hits an enemy target, you get another and the cooldown is reduced. If you miss, it's like Gnar, you can't use it for a while.

Make her Riposte block EVERYTHING. There's a damn wind wall and an unbreakable on Braum. You can give that to her at least.

Turn her E into a passive that increases her attack speed for a few seconds every time you attack. This stacks up to (whatever) times.

Leave her ult alone.

We're not trying to make her overpowered

Newt

Leave her ult alone.

Make her W a spell shield. I <3 spell-shields.

CRS

Coming soon: Mass Texture Rebalancing!

Hey everyone!

As the update to Summoner's Rift continues to percolate on the PBE, we're looking to address the fact that many of League's older champion and skins were created using the Rift's current look and color palette (or even older ones), which continues to evolve over time. At this point, many champion and skin textures need a bit of rebalancing to ensure they look nice regardless of where they're standing, or who they're standing next to.

We're talking just about every champion and skin released before 2013 (with a few outliers). This may seem scary, but I want to emphasize that these will generally be small tweaks; corrections rather than major changes. Due to the scale of the project, this won't all be coming at once, so don't despair if you don't see your favorite champion in the first batch! Here's an example of what you'll eventually see:

This then ties back to the update to SR, as one of our primary goals with the update is fleshing out LoL's visual hierarchy. Put simply, this means that particles should have the highest visibility, followed by characters, then finally the environment and map. Rebalancing characters' colors and textures gives us the chance to also better execute within that visual hierarchy.

We also aim for hierarchy on the characters themselves, drawing attention to key areas like heads and weapons through highlights, while dropping the values on less visible or important areas so it doesn't distract from characters' focal points. At the highest level, we want to ensure that everything looks consistent, and that the art always adds to, rather than detracts, from gameplay.

With these goals in mind, we've locked several character artists in a room (no, they’re really in there - they've got classic rock playing on a loop, and we're occasionally throwing them some food or something), and they're cranking away in order to finish things up by the time the update to SR hits Live. We'll be rolling these out over time, and you'll see the first batch of ~10 tomorrow on the PBE (barring any hitches!).

Please let us know any feedback and questions that you have on this. IronStylus and I will be hanging out and chatting!

FAQ:
Could you explain a little more of the technical details of this?
While making these changes, we're reassessing the finer details and making calls to emphasize certain areas of characters with the goal of increasing overall visual fidelity. Because we have a very zoomed out isometric camera angle, we want to communicate the important parts of a character without detracting from them as a whole. In other mediums (minigames, Udyr comic, cinematics like 'A New Dawn,' etc.) characters will also show a level of detail suitable for the angle in question.

This is something we've already been doing with new champions and skins to increase readability and clarity, while minimizing pixel flicker and excess noise. Our goal is never to take something away from our characters. We continue to develop and iterate on all our characters so they look like they fit inside of the same world, and in this case so they'll have visual consistency on the Rift.

Are you updating skins as well?
Absolutely. We always consider skins when working on champions, although in this case most recent skins already reach the quality standard that we're shooting for on this project.

However, there will be a few instances where we’ll deliver some changes to a character that will only affect their default appearance. An example of this is a metal shader that we’re adding to Orianna's base texture, which will not be applied to the skins at this time. This is being done opportunely where we see a chance to do justice to the character's core identity.

Will this affect the releases of Champion Updates?
Nope! This isn’t a project done by ChampUp, so it won’t affect any of the upcoming projects in the slightest.

Einbroch

Banned
We're not trying to make her overpowered

A stacking E turns her into a duelist, which is what she's meant to be. Her burst is almost nothing outside her ult. If you ignore her, or she outplays you with a Riposte, she's supposed to win.

Edit: Those recolors look great.

brian!

why didn't they say fiora was from shurima
yeah ive seen ppl have success w/ brand in jungle and support too
but i mean i wuldnt do it ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

CRS

czUC6kG.png

XQUWnUX.png

Nekofrog

Banned

Leave her ult alone.

a skillshot dash would make her fucking broken

brian!

fioza
maybe make her have an italian accent....
maybe make her model a pizza............

A third person emerged from the tomb after sivir fukks up. It's Fioza the pizza. "It's a me Fioza", she slurs, drunk on many wines.

when ppl ask fioza what it was like being trapped with renekton and xerath
she was drunk the whole time she doesn't remember

bokn

Banned
A stacking E turns her into a duelist, which is what she's meant to be. Her burst is almost nothing outside her ult. If you ignore her, or she outplays you with a Riposte, she's supposed to win.

Skillshot Q allows her to wall dash/free escape from ganks/dodging skillshots + making it a skillshot doesn't change her ability to dash frontline then dash into backline. It'd minorly reduce her ability to double tap Q trade in lane, but that's about it.

W is just plain extra power, nothing else to say.

Stacking E isn't an issue, but Riot doesn't like pure passive QWER abilities that just give you stats.

You're just flat out increasing the power of Riposte + bonus utility of Q. Overall a pretty decent buff to a strong solo queue champion.

Holy shit, sweet. Was wondering how long it'd take for them to update everybody. Guess the answer is not very long.

I think Fiora really needs the untargettability so that she can actually survive in teamfights. Riot can probably try separating the damage and survivability aspects of her ult though. I had some ideas for Fiora but I don't play her that much. Something like this. What do you Fiora players think?

Passive (new): Cadenza / Sidestep
- After every 8/7/6 attacks, Fiora gains a stack of Sidestep. Fiora can store up to 2 stacks. Fiora can consume a stack of Sidestep to dodge the next basic attack (champions/large monsters).

Q: Lunge
Active: Fiora dashes to her target, dealing physical damage and applying on-hit effects (including her passive) and knocking aside other targets. For the next 5 seconds, if Fiora successfully Sidesteps, she can cast this ability again, but has no mana cost and no knock aside.

W: Riposte
Active: Fiora gains a stack of Sidestep.
Passive: Fiora gains 10->30% bonus movement speed for 2 seconds whenever she Sidesteps (does not stack). Additionally, she will counter attack the aggressor for 30->50% AD if within range (250 range).
Cooldown: 12->8

E: Burst of Speed
Removed bonus movement speed.
Now also fully refreshes on assists.

R: Blade Waltz
Active: For the next 8->12 seconds, Fiora's fighting prowess is enhanced.
- Fiora gains 10/20/30 AD.
- Fiora will land an additional strike for every basic attack, dealing 10/17/25% AD. Applies on-hit effects and crits.
- Sidestep now works on spells, but only reducing the damage by 30%.
- Lunge's second strike can now also knock other enemies aside.

jerd

ppl say gnar is pretty strong but ur team has to play around your ult

The way I look at it is I'm having tons of fun with him and I'm prolly not gonna make plat no matter what I do this season so I might as well just chill and play what I want. I think he's capable of plenty on his own at this elo but I've had some pretty good luck with him. People have picked Mundo into me twice, Nasus a few times and Renekton a couple times. I've had some pretty easy lanes on him.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How about a buff to her ult.

Allow Lux to split her laser if she shoots through Lucent Singularity.

PEW PEW PEW.

drawkcaB

There were good signs when Guinsoo came back but they've dropped that since then.

Same Guinsoo who sat on Karma for a year+, who released tidbits of at least four different Karma kits on Twitter? I'll put money on the Fiora kit he hinted was half impossible to actually implement as intended. This is the same guy who released the original DotA Invoker, let's not assume he was anywhere near a working kit.

Ferrio said:
I think he can be a really strong support against the right matchup.

Me too, although landing his stun will always be difficult. I can think of another half dozen mages that could be played as off-supports if the player is able enough with them.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought we had generally agreed since forever that if Riot ever updates/remakes her, it's going to be a nerf of one or more forms?

I played a bunch of Fiora and I kind of like her, but I still believe the above.

Feebastic

Why does everyone hate Ascension so much? I think it's pretty fun - unbalanced as all hell, of course, but fun nonetheless. Also interesting to see a kind of meta forming for it so early (1 top Relic, 4 contesting Bot relic).

Also whoever was singing Maokai's praises earlier is 100% right. He's so good, and so fun to play as well. You really feel like you're contributing during fights as you CC the shit out of everyone and reduce everyone's damage.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Why does everyone hate Ascension so much? I think it's pretty fun - unbalanced as all hell, of course, but fun nonetheless. Also interesting to see a kind of meta forming for it so early (1 top Relic, 4 contesting Bot relic).

Also whoever was singing Maokai's praises earlier is 100% right. He's so good, and so fun to play as well. You really feel like you're contributing during fights as you CC the shit out of everyone and reduce everyone's damage.
I find team comp to be very important to winning in this mode. And jax will always overpower anyone stiil.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why does everyone hate Ascension so much?
It's a dumb "for fun" mode that has such severe balance issues that most games are decided at champ select. Which basically means you can't actually goof off on it very much. Sustain is really broken on the map, and there are awkward times when you just feel trapped with low health, and there's little you can do to rectify that. The map is cramped, and the predictable spawns on the capture points push a lot of boring situations where you already know the outcome, and even if it's negative you don't really have other options or ways to get back in the game. You gotta reach into the toilet bowl of needles for the key even though you know something bad will happen, because you aren't offered a choice.

Blizzard

Banned
It's a dumb "for fun" mode that has such severe balance issues that most games are decided at champ select. Which basically means you can't actually goof off on it very much. Sustain is really broken on the map, and there are awkward times when you just feel trapped with low health, and there's little you can do to rectify that. The map is cramped, and the predictable spawns on the capture points push a lot of boring situations where you already know the outcome, and even if it's negative you don't really have other options or ways to get back in the game. You gotta reach into the toilet bowl of needles for the key even though you know something bad will happen, because you aren't offered a choice.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME???

Ferrio

Banned
Back in silver II.

My jax play is really shaky. Second promotion game went horrible. Gnar pushed me back, amumu got jacked in jungle by fid and gnar, I came to help....traded kills on fid and me. I was already behind levels since there was a huge wave during this, and the death was even worse. Amumu kept trying to gank the lane and it just kept getting worse and spiralled outta control.

3rd game I played against the weirdest nasus. I was jax... and he pushed the lane constantly. Used his E and everything, which hell worked fine for me but really caught me offguard. Twitch and braum cleaned up bot though and the game was a cakewalk.

jerd

Anyone else having trouble getting the ascension icons? It's the only reason I'm still playing the mode but I haven't even got the 1 win one yet. My last game I should have got the perfect ascension icon but didn't.

Anyone else having trouble getting the ascension icons? It's the only reason I'm still playing the mode but I haven't even got the 1 win one yet. My last game I should have got the perfect ascension icon but didn't.

You have to claim the rewards manually on the LOL website. It should show your progress there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom