• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negaduck

Shared this in chat but had to share it here too.

Sickest play ever last night. Was top lane as jax against a gnar. We were fighting near the wraith next to the bottom side blue, I leap strike and empower with sheen to knock him to half life. I run up a bit and into the tri brush right above the bottom side wraith by blue.

Gnar comes back to lane thinking he is safe to farm (you are never safe from big daddy nega) I hit the wraith twice to get my super strike, flash over the wall and leap strike + empower to Ctrl+alt+Del the little guy.

I felt like I should have gotten an invite to worlds with that play it was so sick.

Blizzard

Banned
Shared this in chat but had to share it here too.

Sickest play ever last night. Was top lane as jax against a gnar. We were fighting near the wraith next to the bottom side blue, I leap strike and empower with sheen to knock him to half life. I run up a bit and into the tri brush right above the bottom side wraith by blue.

Gnar comes back to lane thinking he is safe to farm (you are never safe from big daddy nega) I hit the wraith twice to get my super strike, flash over the wall and leap strike + empower to Ctrl+alt+Del the little guy.

I felt like I should have gotten an invite to worlds with that play it was so sick.
You killed a small, furry creature using Jax, destroyer of worlds. :( That sounds more like animal cruelty than admirable play!

Ocho

another 30lp loss and then followed by a -32

Oh well, bring on the d5 demotion.

Feels like I'm being tortured for wanting to play.

So much for this new system getting rid of ranked anxiety.

Join me in Platinum. It's better here. No Sivir/Quinn troll ADCs.

But yeah, I understand. Right now I get like 10-15 LP per win and lose 20-30. Riot wants to see us fall.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Join me in Platinum. It's better here. No Sivir/Quinn troll ADCs.

But yeah, I understand. Right now I get like 10-15 LP per win and lose 20-30. Riot wants to see us fall.

Thank god we don't have those terrible Sivir trolls. Building essence reaver and whatnot.

garath

Two more ranked games. I'll lose both and it'll be the first season I finish with less than a 50% win rate :( However, I'm excusing myself. I'll still finish Gold III which is a full DIVISION higher than last season (lol).

Ugh.. baby grow up faster so I can start playing more regularly again.

AcridMeat

Banned
Glad to hear you were able to keep your ish Garath. I decayed into Gold 4 from 3 but I'm in the same boat, full division improvement.

Had I not had a massive losing streak that started with a 4v5 loss in my final promo game to gold 2, and losing about 6-8 after that and losing my will to play ranked, I could have been plat I know it. :( Still extremely happy with gold though.

garath

Glad to hear you were able to keep your ish Garath. I decayed into Gold 4 from 3 but I'm in the same boat, full division improvement.

Had I not had a massive losing streak that started with a 4v5 loss in my final promo game to gold 2, and losing about 6-8 after that and losing my will to play ranked, I could have been plat I know it. :( Still extremely happy with gold though.

Very nice :)

I'm disappointed. I feel like I was progressing better than I ever had when I first started ranked this season. I do not think Plat was unobtainable at all. However, life comes first. My 23 ranked games are not enough to propel me up.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
watched the poppy game and ended up watching the rest of the series.

this UOL team is fun and the thresh is godlike.

Subtle

Very nice :)

I'm disappointed. I feel like I was progressing better than I ever had when I first started ranked this season. I do not think Plat was unobtainable at all. However, life comes first. My 23 ranked games are not enough to propel me up.

That's how I feel. Playing a couple ranked games per week isn't enough to climb.

brian!

i played like 90 ranked games last season and i went from s1 to p5

but I also played normals in the meantime
time is definitely a big factor in ur ability to climb

Jeff-DSA

I'm pissed about my demotion to Silver V. I won 8 in a row and 9 out of 10, but a 5 loss streak demotes me. That's some bull. Dropped me to 75LP too, so it's going to take two straight wins to hit promos, because I'll most likely be at 97LP after the first win.

I'm pissed about my demotion to Silver V. I won 8 in a row and 9 out of 10, but a 5 loss streak demotes me. That's some bull. Dropped me to 75LP too, so it's going to take two straight wins to hit promos, because I'll most likely be at 97LP after the first win.

Same thing happened to me. Was comfortably in Silver III then lost 5 games in a row and was instantly demoted to Silver IV. Now I'm at 99 LP.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone got any smash bros 3ds demo codes? That thread is getting bombarded harder than a enemy Corki. I'll luv you forever <3

I was plat but had the spam me ads option turned off so Nintendo won't send me shit. Just gotta wait a week like a pleb.

Nekofrog

Banned
so has riot just completely given up on forcing lulu out as a solo lane champion or something?

i remember a rioter posting somewhere that riot's official stance was that they didn't like her being turned into a solo lane champion and I think this is reflected in the 4,335,334,663 nerfs in a row she got to tone her down.

but the nerfs have tapered off for solo lane lulu, and she's still super strong

Nekofrog

Banned
i'm practicing my corki again so i can bust out the retextured red baron corki i have and spank some nuggets.

feels good to play him again. he was my first adc i bought :3

newbase.jpg

Season 5 will basically look like League 2

brian!

so has riot just completely given up on forcing lulu out as a solo lane champion or something?

i remember a rioter posting somewhere that riot's official stance was that they didn't like her being turned into a solo lane champion and I think this is reflected in the 4,335,334,663 nerfs in a row she got to tone her down.

but the nerfs have tapered off for solo lane lulu, and she's still super strong

she's not really a problem atm i think

Einbroch

Banned
I really like the new art direction Riot is going with in-game.

The new font is awesome, the new map is awesome, and these re-textures are awesome.

zkylon

zkylewd
If the images on the right are the new champion versions, they look really faded and blurry / bloblike.
that's kind of the point, to kill useless detail so that it looks better from a distance

you can tell there's less "texture" in akali's weapons but try shrinking the image to a size similar to what you see in-game and...

iFnIkVKPC0Gtq.png

which one of the two looks better/reads better :>

edit: also old textures had to compete with a massively overdetailed and oversaturated background which made it so they had to be a lot sharper and detailed so that you can tell them from the bg. this is no longer necessary with the more muted background in srvu so these will look much better

Einbroch

Banned
If the images on the right are the new champion versions, they look really faded and blurry / bloblike.

They look a million times better in-game, I would imagine.

The issue with champions like Akali is their base model is so old and ugly that these don't look good on them, but their old textures just looked even worse on the new map.

newgravesbase1.jpg

Graves is a better example. He looks great.

Einbroch

Banned
All these incremental visual upgrades make a total client rework look further and further away.

The only thing that really needs a rework in the launcher, and the latest visual update (for the launcher/patcher) is actually is on an entirely new, self-coded system.

Also the visual team has nothing to do with coding the client or whatever.

This texture rehaul isn't even being made by the guys that actually do Visual updates.

Also the client just literally got the first steps of the rework. I assume the current version is no longer running on Adobe AIR

Blizzard

Banned
that's kind of the point, to kill useless detail so that it looks better from a distance

you can tell there's less "texture" in akali's weapons but try shrinking the image to a size similar to what you see in-game and...

iFnIkVKPC0Gtq.png

which one of the two looks better/reads better :>

edit: also old textures had to compete with a massively overdetailed and oversaturated background which made it so they had to be a lot sharper and detailed so that you can tell them from the bg. this is no longer necessary with the more muted background in srvu so these will look much better
I like the one on the left better, aside from possibly the knives. That also looks smaller to me than what it would look like ingame but maybe I would need to compare with a screenshot off my own system.

The Graves example looks okay, but I don't like the new faded blurry map style either. It looks a lot like the DOTA 2 style. I think I would prefer the old style for both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom