• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokn

Banned
I'm confident in pretty much every lane at this level except adc. Hell I think I only straight up lost lane once, but I mostly get thrown into the jungle.
Yeah, but might as well give yourself the best chance and play your best role anyway.

They didn't go far enough away from the dominion formula.

It should of been an arena with limited amount of deaths, and when you go down you can get revived by other teammates clicking on you and channeling for X seconds. Or something I don't know... I guess I don't give a shit about capturing points whether it be a crystal or a tower.

I just don't know what they were going for. There are better ways to do a team death match mode than what we got.
My problem is that the pacing is the same throughout the whole game, and that there's only one way to win the game (fight). The relics are too few to make capping them a viable strategy when you're on the backfoot.
It feels like your team strategy is decided at champ select and then you spend 15 minutes executing that strategy. And so it lacks the parry/riposte react/proact style that we all know and love in SR.

IMO they should've made it Rounds based, which allows you to make different plays each round - e.g. 5 bot and rush enemy relic, then next round 5 mid and rush ascended - And the team with the highest points after 10 rounds wins.

It's all been downhill since the end of season 2. Games just got longer and less aggressive.

IDK, Champions Summer Finals was pretty fun

zkylon

zkylewd
maybe if they removed the reset on talon q his burst would be slower and without the silence yo maybe able to flash out of it

prolly not, i bet most ppl max rake, i don't really know anything about talon.

i feel like overall he's very leblanc-y in that you're in range you die in ~1.5s or something and like lebonk proved that was all she had going for her so i don't see talon surviving nerfs

but again i dunno nothing about talon

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
And Fiddle...and Rammus.
They are all bad, but my problem with mummy specifically is this has late game scaling is immense, his early game isn't that bad, and his mid game is still strong.

Newt

the bronzodia is real!
I think you mean. Diamodia.
2af40c5fa6ebf250b02482e078821edd.png

They are all bad, but my problem with mummy specifically is this has late game scaling is immense, his early game isn't that bad, and his mid game is still strong.
Same with Rammus though. Rammus probably even has a better early game than Amumu.

bokn

Banned
Invest in Malphite stocks today!

I think you mean. Diamodia.
2af40c5fa6ebf250b02482e078821edd.png

Same with Rammus though. Rammus probably even has a better early game than Amumu.

I respect good Fiddle junglers though. And a good clear speed is kinda part of a good early game. Amumu late game is definitely better than Rammus'.

Newt

I respect good Fiddle junglers though. And a good clear speed is kinda part of a good early game. Amumu late game is definitely better than Rammus'.
Rammus' late game is still extremely strong though. Also, I think Fiddle jungle takes less skill than you think it does.

dimb

Fiddle, Mummy, and Rammus all have excellent early game clears.

Ferga

I feel like I need to run someone who can push objectives. When running jungle with lee etc, I'm at the mercy of my teammates actually taking objectives and pounding on a turret as tank lee/eve or maokai doesn't accomplish much.

Not to mention all the teams I've been on seem clueless how to deal with splitpushing, so I hope the same is true with my opponents.

Stop playing lee. His nerfs pushed into a place where you're either godly on him or you lose games because of your pick.

Unless you're willing to understand ALL jungle matchups against lee, don't play him. He has so many build paths and different roles in team comps, it's not a pick that you can just play without care and hope for the best.

You need to understand when it's right to fulfill the role as a straight out peeler, an assassin, a straight out counter jungler or a tanky dpser who sticks on carries. Don't play him and try to be all these things in one game. You ain't going nowhere if you play lee and don't understand him at all.

Jack of all trades, master of none

Ferga

I agree with bokn

Rammus' first clear sucks

Fiddle and mummy are pretty good

But man, I wish people would listen when I say, 'hit the small ones in the leash, it takes me 8seconds to kill them with autos' when I play fiddle.

dimb

Maybe it's all relative but I'd love to have Rammus first clear on a bunch of junglers. He has enough health to level three gank easily and that's all that matters.

Ferrio

Banned
Silver II promotion series time.

AP jungle amumu carried our asses. Vayne did well too, very aggressive. It got her killed a few times in lane, but she still stayed ahead.

Like a freaking suicide bomber.

Stop playing lee. His nerfs pushed into a place where you're either godly on him or you lose games because of your pick.

Ya maybe I should, but I'm not bad at him as you think I am. That game the other night was "late night normals/aram" ferrio which means I'm inebriated in some way.

I've played with a Vayne last night too. She was incredibly toxic but she was pulling off stunts. She wasn't even fed but I remember when she got caught in a 1v4 and took down two of them and escaped.

so they say they're gonna rework Fiora, then deprioritise her and then decide to nerf her

Forget everything about my defence of Riot's balancing. That's fucking ridiculous.

Newt

so they say they're gonna rework Fiora, then deprioritise her and then decide to nerf her

Forget everything about my defence of Riot's balancing. That's fucking ridiculous.
Well she is a piece of shit champ that can do well without any real skill. This is coming from someone who actually plays Fiora often.

Maybe it's the rework since Soraka and Viktor are basically done now and they're the ones that kicked her off the schedule?

Even if that isn't the case, even more of a reason for them to rework her pronto since Riot doesn't want to Olaf champions any longer.

Fracas

#fuckonami
oh god i'll feed as all of those

kinda thinking rumble. Never used him. I need to learn top lane but I hate bruisers outside of junglers.

bokn

Banned

Those are the two choices when a strong champion has a bad kit though.
1. Rework immediately
2. Nerf until rework is ready (de-prioritisation)

Nothing ridiculous about choice 2 - it might feel unfair if you're a hardcore Fiora main, but in the grander scheme of things its just the only choice available if the rework isn't done. It sounds like a minor nerf though, +2s cd on her super sticky Q or something probably.

Yo guys which champ should I buy next? Grabbed Amumu earlier but I still have >6300 ip.

Wait for Azir.

Type2

I bought brand today and idk what to think. He does a crapton of damage and destroys team fights. His abilities are easy to land. I kind if like him.

Maybe it's the rework since Soraka and Viktor are basically done now and they're the ones that kicked her off the schedule?

Even if that isn't the case, even more of a reason for them to rework her pronto since Riot doesn't want to Olaf champions any longer.

"Between 4.17 and 4.18 you can expect some small changes to champs like Akali, Talon, Yasuo, and Fiora (oh man Fiora)"

Nope. Small changes. It's fucking absurd how basically since not long after she was released they spoke about reworking her and have yet to commit to it. There were good signs when Guinsoo came back but they've dropped that since then.

It's so ridiculous that it's gotten to this point. It's a massive failure on their part that this is what it has come to.

Those are the two choices when a strong champion has a bad kit though.
1. Rework immediately
2. Nerf until rework is ready (de-prioritisation)

Nothing ridiculous about choice 2 - it might feel unfair if you're a hardcore Fiora main, but in the grander scheme of things its just the only choice available if the rework isn't done. It sounds like a minor nerf though, +2s cd on her super sticky Q or something probably.

It's ridiculous because they've pussyfooted around for so long. In the mean time champions that have come out long after her and long after they decided they needed to rework her have gotten their own reworks. Lucian, Rengar etc. being the obvious examples. Meanwhile they keep up this non-committal bullshit that's leading to her getting nerfed instead of properly addressed.

bokn

Banned
"Between 4.17 and 4.18 you can expect some small changes to champs like Akali, Talon, Yasuo, and Fiora (oh man Fiora)"

Nope. Small changes. It's fucking absurd how basically since not long after she was released they spoke about reworking her and have yet to commit to it. There were good signs when Guinsoo came back but they've dropped that since then.

It's so ridiculous that it's gotten to this point. It's a massive failure on their part that this is what it has come to.

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom