• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

Shoutout to EUW GAF! Was fun yesterday! I think I got to play top for once since level 10? as Pantheon vs Akali... the feeding was real baby. ._. lol

Also got to play ascension... pretty bizarre game mode. D; I picked Heimerdinger and I think it was the bad choice, but in the end, it worked out!

Akira

I was just spectating a live custom game being played by Cloud 9 versus what I think might be the OMG team. The game was paused and you can see Hai telling the other team they messed up and the custom game was made viewable accidentally...

Edit: Oh, it was a scrim. Spoiler:
C9 was getting stomped.

Ferrio

Banned
Bought rammus, always never bought him cause I figured his Q was hard to control. Son of a bitch it autopaths, that's beyond easy...I've been living a lie! I always though people were pros wheaving through the jungle, though even that's not hard.

Newt

Worst team comp ever.
f5d8845b271237e8d70bf423bf76c113.png

drawkcaB

Worst team comp ever.

Oh wow...that is something else.

Finally got a good ADC. Finally got a win as Braum. I fucking knew it. If I could just not get absolute shitters my record with Braum wouldn't be so bad. Absolutely crushed our lane and the other lanes didn't fuck up. I had an Ashe earlier that tried to duel Jinx four times. Just stood there each time. Told me I should stay near her when Zilean plants a bomb on her because it'll reduce the damage. Jesus Christ why is support so hard?!

Ferrio said:
I didn't say that, why does it say I said that?

lol. That's what happens when I don't bother to select multiple quotes and do it myself.

Jeff-DSA

Woooooow, what a run of games. 0-4 tonight. We've had games where two players started out AFK for 5 minutes, a top Teemo that was completely toxic, a last pick "support" who chose Riven and then complained about us losing team fights, a bot lane that would ping me to teleport down and then run away while I was channeling in (twice), and an Udyr with everything negative that an Udyr can bring to a game (who I actually felt bad for because the team was a bunch of dicks to him).

League.

Ferga

Worst team comp ever.

One of the worst thresh players in the world somehow won us the game with one single hook on the lucian under turret late game.

Seriously, I was shaking my head in disbelief while everyone was hitting the nexus to end the game. The sheer disappointment of winning that game from the fact that lucian didn't QSS the hook (he QSSed an ignite though!) and why lulu didn't ult lucian to save him under tower destroyed every ounce of respect I had for the land of diamond 3-5.

We should of lost that game even though we had 5 dragons and 1 baron as opposed to the enemy's 0 dragons and barons but we won off 2 of other team's missteps.

God damn, diamond is dumb.

And why the hell did I lose 32lp for one loss... Still trying to wrap my head around it.

Jeff-DSA

Guys, we were one AA away from taking down the Nexus and our Rammus starts taunting and Thresh runs into the Fountain. Rammus types "WINIONS" and he dies in front of the Nexus and they actually hold it off, Ace us, and roll on to our base and win. Then because I went 0-5 tonight I got demoted for my first loss at 0 LP even after winning 9 of 10.

Cool, Riot. Would buy again. A+++++++

I'm taking the weekend off. I'm seen some BS, but tonight was something on a whole other level.

Edit: Here's a pic. Notice the death on the Fountain and the death right above the Nexus. That was our Thresh and Rammus.

EbazVq6.png

zkylon

zkylewd
huh how is that in any way riot's fault

and u might be misremembering on your wins/losses as unless there's a weird bug or something you get 3 games safety thing

Leezard

huh how is that in any way riot's fault

and u might be misremembering on your wins/losses as unless there's a weird bug or something you get 3 games safety thing

The safety is only for the first 3 games, not 3 losses at 0 LP. If you play a couple of games, go back to 0 LP and you have relatively bad mmr, you will get instantly demoted.

zkylon

zkylewd
The safety is only for the first 3 games, not 3 losses at 0 LP. If you play a couple of games, go back to 0 LP and you have relatively bad mmr, you will get instantly demoted.
makes sense

really shitty situation but u shouldn't be playing so many losing games straight

my sympathies but i wouldn't put it on rito

Sofo

And why the hell did I lose 32lp for one loss... Still trying to wrap my head around it.

I can only assume that's because Master Tier? Yesterday watching a stream, someone on the enemy team claimed they lost 47 LP from a particular loss.

I like the LCS! I only get bored on some games but most of the time I enjoy it and learn stuff!

Ferga

another 30lp loss and then followed by a -32

Oh well, bring on the d5 demotion.

Feels like I'm being tortured for wanting to play.

So much for this new system getting rid of ranked anxiety.

Ferga

Man just losing 30+ lp per loss is just soul crushing.

Thought I could take it since I don't really care about ranking anymore but man, losing 2 games worth of lp in one loss is just... not a good feeling.

Feel like that 7 win streak to pull my mmr over my ranking was all for naught.

Bacon

Sometimes I wonder why I ever wander over to the league reddit.

Discussion is impossible there, it's just one person makes a joke at the very top and then 30 people piggy back onto that joke and say some dumbass variation of it. Then when you get past all of that the next person makes a joke and the cycle repeats over and over again.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THAT???

Yet I always find myself going there, I don't know what's wrong with me.

you guys realise it's not remodels or anything right?

they're just slightly changing the colour of the textures and stuff so they look better on the new map.

Nobody's getting new hair or new models.

Leezard

Nah, you couldn't always get away with that shit back then because Riot wasn't enforcing a meta.
Clg EU gott away with it very often.

People complained about the s2 meta being enforced by Riot as well. It's one of those common complaints.

Personally I think balance and role diversity is better than ever right now except for adcs.

If you don't have at least an hour to commit to a game before playing, PLEASE DON'T PLAY

50 minutes of my life and a won game lost because our jungle Eve decides 40 minutes in she has to leave.

ffs.

I just don't care enough if it isn't ranked.

doesn't matter whether it's ranked or not. I don't have a lot of time to play these days and I'd rather my games weren't ruined because someone's time management sucks.

Oh well, came back with a hard carry on jungle Rengar the next game.

GhRtHsI.png

our bot lane got absolutely mauled and we were behind on objectives, but I made lots of really good calls and picks. Won team fights, got a free baron and snowballed from there until they surrendered.

Even though MF won lane she couldn't do anything against me late game combined with Wukong ult and Kayle ult.

Jeff-DSA

If you don't have at least an hour to commit to a game before playing, PLEASE DON'T PLAY

50 minutes of my life and a won game lost because our jungle Eve decides 40 minutes in she has to leave.

ffs.

Happened to me in more than one match last night. One match started with our jungler and ADC both away. They were a duo. Turns out they were "getting so high" before the match. Cool, guys. Not only did you miss the first 5 minutes, but now you're just making weed jokes the whole match. Then I had the early leaver a bit later and the mid-game absence in another game because he was sorry but he "had to do something real quick for 5 minutes."

Sucks, man. You lose simply because others can't sit their butt down for 45 minutes straight.

Last night was so mentally abusive. I had extra time (which isn't easy to come by as a father of two) so I decided to pack in some games for this whole get to gold before the season ends push. I was a win from promos and then just ran into a monster streak of toxic players. Just really, really bad people who were fighting nonstop. I played 5 matches, all of them had at least one moment with an AFK player (sometimes two) and all of them had super abusive players.

I think my favorite moments from last night are tied between the match when we were facerolling the other team but someone said something rude to our Talon so he decided to feed out a loss from that point (he would burn his ult BEFORE engaging just to show how much he didn't care) or when all we needed to do was hit their Nexus one more time and Thresh walked onto the Fountain and Rammus sat there and taunted until he died and then they went to our base and won. Both were all-time classic super fun moments.

drawkcaB

doesn't matter whether it's ranked or not. I don't have a lot of time to play these days and I'd rather my games weren't ruined because someone's time management sucks..

It's a lack of respect for other people. I'm sure every now and the players who do this had a legit reason (though they had longer to play than they actually did) but these players are much more often that not way more likely to troll, feed intentional, and be toxic in general. It's a pattern of behavior and I report them accordingly.

Jeff-DSA

It's a lack of respect for other people. I'm sure every now and the players who do this had a legit reason (though they had longer to play than they actually did) but these players are much more often that not way more likely to troll, feed intentional, and be toxic in general. It's a pattern of behavior and I report them accordingly.

It's all you can really do.

I'm taking the weekend off. Going to go balls deep into Destiny and come back next week with a refreshed feeling towards League. The game is extremely fun, even when losing, if everybody is trying or at least being civil to one another. It's really dumb, even when winning, if you have people trying hard to wreck the experience.

When I'm playing normals I don't really care if someone needs to leave, but I understand not all people think the same, so I avoid playing on a tight schedule as much as I possibly can.

Though If I have to suddenly leave because of unforeseen circumstances I'm leaving without giving a shit, be it ranked or normals.

Tizoc

doesn't matter whether it's ranked or not. I don't have a lot of time to play these days and I'd rather my games weren't ruined because someone's time management sucks.

Oh well, came back with a hard carry on jungle Rengar the next game.

GhRtHsI.png

our bot lane got absolutely mauled and we were behind on objectives, but I made lots of really good calls and picks. Won team fights, got a free baron and snowballed from there until they surrendered.

Even though MF won lane she couldn't do anything against me late game combined with Wukong ult and Kayle ult.

Dat MF build...

Fuzzery

One of the worst thresh players in the world somehow won us the game with one single hook on the lucian under turret late game.

Seriously, I was shaking my head in disbelief while everyone was hitting the nexus to end the game. The sheer disappointment of winning that game from the fact that lucian didn't QSS the hook (he QSSed an ignite though!) and why lulu didn't ult lucian to save him under tower destroyed every ounce of respect I had for the land of diamond 3-5.

We should of lost that game even though we had 5 dragons and 1 baron as opposed to the enemy's 0 dragons and barons but we won off 2 of other team's missteps.

God damn, diamond is dumb.

I think it's because rito fucked up their MMR due to games not counting, I had like a 5 game win streak, and lost 34 for a loss immediately, and was like wat. Next game was +15 LP.

And whoever throws less wins!

pigeon

Banned
Sounds like you got carried, son.

A little bit! Maybe a hidden advantage of losing lane is that the enemy thinks they can just ignore you in teamfights.

I thought we had generally agreed since forever that if Riot ever updates/remakes her, it's going to be a nerf of one or more forms?

I played a bunch of Fiora and I kind of like her, but I still believe the above.

Well, yeah. I think nearly every rework is a nerf of SOMETHING. The second most common reason Riot does reworks is that champion designs don't have weaknesses and so they can't be put in a good state just by tweaking numbers. Even Sion's rework is certainly going to dump on that point and click ranged stun.

Fiora has too much power to instantly explode targets and the rework is definitely going to crush that. I expect the ult to be gone too. If they want her to be a swashbuckler, what she needs is more sustained active defense. (The fabled l*ght f*ght*r.)

Probably part of the reason the rework slowed down is that they want to change a whole bunch of stuff about top lane in the post-season in any case. Notice that the reworks they've been pumping out are the ones targeted for mid and support.

I think my favorite moments from last night are tied between the match when we were facerolling the other team but someone said something rude to our Talon so he decided to feed out a loss from that point (he would burn his ult BEFORE engaging just to show how much he didn't care) or when all we needed to do was hit their Nexus one more time and Thresh walked onto the Fountain and Rammus sat there and taunted until he died and then they went to our base and won. Both were all-time classic super fun moments.

If it makes you feel better, the video of the Thresh/Rammus BM game will probably be on Reddit pretty soon, so at least you'll be famous. That stuff gets upvoted every time.

When I'm playing normals I don't really care if someone needs to leave, but I understand not all people think the same, so I avoid playing on a tight schedule as much as I possibly can.

Though If I have to suddenly leave because of unforeseen circumstances I'm leaving without giving a shit, be it ranked or normals.

Real life takes precedence over video games, obviously, but by the same token, if people leave I report them, regardless of which team or what the reason was. If they don't have a consistent history of leaving, then the report probably won't matter much.

I wonder if they plan to institute a leaver queue for people with a chronic tendency to quit games. Lyte spent a lot of time explaining why they couldn't do that for toxicity because it's not binary enough, but he used ragequitting as the specific example of a case where it would be possible.

Dat MF build...

Is the QSS for Rengar? Such an odd buy.

Won another game of Ascension. I went Hecarim and died a lot, but still got 3rd place because I would hit E/Ghost/Ghostblade and run around capping relics. The fact you can't interrupt unless you actually damage the capper kinda sucks for melee champions.

It also helped that their worst player (Gnar) was Ascended. If Udyr or Sion got it we probably would've lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom