• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debonair Ezreal:

Bsx1pllCAAAFI4q.jpg:large

New Vi skin (Debonair Vi?)

pronk420

so i just started playing this and I'm really confused by people calling top in the chatroom before the match, and if we are on the dire side (purple? or pink?) they then go to what I'm pretty sure is bot. (the one at the bottom/right hand side of the map).

I thought maybe i had it wrong and when you are playing as the dire top and bot get switched, since this has happened in two matches now. we ended up with 3 people going to bot in the match i just played because someone called top at the start of it, and then went to bot. I figured maybe they were doing something i didnt understand before the minions spawned and they would go to the actual top later, but then they stayed their and said 'someone go bot' because the top (upper) lane was empty.

is this some LoL naming convention i don't understand? I've googled it and all the pictures show it as top being the left/upper lane and bot being the right/bottom lane.

Edwardo

Nothing will match debonair jayce

so i just started playing this and I'm really confused by people calling top in the chatroom before the match, and if we are on the dire side (purple? or pink?) they then go to what I'm pretty sure is bot. (the one at the bottom/right hand side of the map).

I thought maybe i had it wrong and when you are playing as the dire top and bot get switched, since this has happened in two matches now. we ended up with 3 people going to bot in the match i just played because someone called top at the start of it, and then went to bot. I figured maybe they were doing something i didnt understand before the minions spawned and they would go to the actual top later, but then they stayed their and said 'someone go bot' because the top (upper) lane was empty.

is this some LoL naming convention i don't understand? I've googled it and all the pictures show it as top being the left/upper lane and bot being the right/bottom lane.

Yea the lanes are more even than in Dora

zkylon

zkylewd
doom bots are hilarious, some people are tryharding it already so make sure to play with friends

also cool skins tho i think lux and ez make a better couple that ez and vi :I

also very sad they're not updating spellthief lux splash art. that's my favorite skin of hers (except for the stupid elbow bands thingies) but she looks like an old lady wtf

zkylon

zkylewd
i love how bots start with more potions than they should lol

i'm thinking they should've given doom bots special skins like metal mario or something

new skins:

vii.jpg

ezrea'.jpg

Nowadays I'm learning jungle voli and debating between Wriggles or Spirit of Golem for jungle item.

Golem for early game ganks and diving potential, wriggles for late game feral flare. Which is better?

I tried that new ali.

His ult at lvl 6 is ridiculous.
It's just like dive -> press r -> double for your adc -> wait for cd -> repeat from step 1

Nowadays I'm learning jungle voli and debating between Wriggles or Spirit of Golem for jungle item.

Golem for early game ganks and diving potential, wriggles for late game feral flare. Which is better?
Spirit if you want to dive

flare if you want to afk farm for 30 minutes and lose the game.

Loving the new Lucian. Don't build too much CDR. 10%-20% is plenty already. Everyone wants to look like Yasuo dashing everywhere but a 40% CDR build will not do enough damage late game. You will still need AD, crit and armour pen to stay relevant, so IE and/or LW are still mandatory. AS is not essential due to the E reset and the number of double shots you'll be spamming out. A mild amount of AS from a single item (either boots, TF or BotRK) is enough.

I've actually been having success with the original BT->TF build. 20% life steal is deceptively powerful if you all-in while laning and charging up the overshield before dashing in ensures you'll be able to dash in, unload, then dash out and win the trade.

CRS

Golem would probably work a bit better on Voli.
Loving the new Lucian. Don't build too much CDR. 10%-20% is plenty already. Everyone wants to look like Yasuo dashing everywhere but a 40% CDR build will not do enough damage late game. You will still need AD, crit and armour pen to stay relevant. AS is not essential due to the E reset and the number of double shots you'll be spamming out.

I've actually been having success with the original BT->TF build. 20% life steal is deceptively powerful if you all-in while laning and charging up the overshield before dashing in ensures you'll be able to dash in, unload, then dash out and win the trade.
Yeah, I think his old build will become a bit more common again.

BT, Tri, Last Whisper, IE, and maybe Ghostblade

brian!

tell him that rengar is a totally decent and strong pick that was banned in all five games of kta vs. njws
also tell him you are happy he is your friend!

tell him if he doesnt want to demote then he shouldnt touch rengar.
tell him that rengar is a totally decent and strong pick that was banned in all five games of kta vs. njws
the koreans make heavy use of rotational plays in order to make use of his ultimate and use that global pressure to take objectives and as a powerful splitpusher.

he's not a very good solo q pick.

silver rengars use ult, jump into the middle of 5 people and explode.

maybe at gold 1/plat 5 rengar is played better but at lower elos rengar is basically just a meatshield.

brian!

well you can say the same thing about any dumb play on any champion i dont really see how it's specific to rengar
almost every popular jungler has some form of deciding whether to jump on someone or not
like r u sure you aren't just throwing out some of dat anecdotal evidence

like a bad lee player might do the r kelly q into a bad situation, but i dont think you can generalize about a whole group of players because of this

well you can say the same thing about any dumb play on any champion i dont really see how it's specific to rengar
almost every popular jungler has some form of deciding whether to jump on someone or not
bandwagon fotm build for massive damage disregarding survivability combined with poor mechanics equal very poor initiations.

maybe its just me but whenever i see rengars back in silver 1, i just never see them until level 11 with a 3 stack feral flare randomly jumping onto people. rengar requires much better decision making compared to guaranteed initiators like vi and silver is somewhat legendary for questionable plays.

brian!

the fotm build leans tanky, that is pretty much how all the pros have been building him
oh unless we are talking about like ryan choi making rengar popular a few patches ago, which is not what im talking about, I'm just talking about the surge of rengar in competitive and the resultant copying

bad mechanics is worse on something like lee, rengar literally just has to decide what order of spells he wants
jumping in at a bad time is bad decision making, but like i said there aren't too many jungle champions you will successful with if you are diving in on bad situations with the full vision rengar ult gives you

like yeah i feel your pain playing with bad rengars, but it really isn't the champ's fault

rengar got good in the jungle because of ryan choi actually, i think it's because of him that they made his ult give stacks after reveal

scy

I'm not sure I follow. If the insinuation is that Rengar is bad with idiots and you're telling him to tell his friend to not play Rengar, are you just assuming his friend is an idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom