• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find me another person in GD with 4 seasons under their belt + 1-2 more yeras before they had seasons. Someone with thousands of ranked wins. Someone who plays a legendary build all thought was dead. I am that man.

Nekofrog

Banned
Find me another person in GD with 4 seasons under their belt + 1-2 more yeras before they had seasons. Someone with thousands of ranked wins. Someone who plays a legendary build all thought was dead. I am that man.

and still silver 2

maybe ad tf ain't that good after all

Bacon

I just tried your tf build against bots and basically went even in K/D ratio. If that was against real people I would've gotten stomped. Don't think it's for me. If it works for you and you have fun with it though more power to you!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Can only carry so hard :(.

UM4VWZk.png

Also, wtf do I do with all this IP?

NcZfk0S.png

Ashhong

There was some talk in here bout morellonomicon a few days or maybe a week ago. When do you guys get it? Assassin AP? Support? I forgot what you guys said, but it was helpful..

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
There was some talk in here bout morellonomicon a few days or maybe a week ago. When do you guys get it? Assassin AP? Support? I forgot what you guys said, but it was helpful..

It's niche item for champs like Heimer and Zyra who scale very well with extra CDR. It's also mostly used against big healing champs like Mundo or Tryndamere.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I buy it on supports sometimes. Stuff like Lulu and Velkoz. The regen on it is a viable alternative to Chalice. If you can get value out of the passive and want to combine CDR + offensive power it's a good pick up. If you see stuff like Warwick, Fiddlesticks, or Swain on the enemy team it's worth considering.

Ashhong

Ah thats right, I think it was in regards to CDR for ap mids. Thanks guys, gonna try that if the situation permits. Maybe replace the rylais in my builds.

zkylon

zkylewd
i almost never buy it unless i'm doing like a tear rush

like if i'm ori against like jayce or something i might do tear rush into morellos. or like against zed maybe tear rush into seekers into morellos

Ferga

ok. I changed my mind.

Lane Sion is not such a great idea. Mana costs are too ridiculous for the minimal damage you dish out if your shield is broken.

Maybe I'll try again with maxing W first.

Nekofrog

Banned
ok. I changed my mind.

Lane Sion is not such a great idea. Mana costs are too ridiculous for the minimal damage you dish out if your shield is broken.

the only lane sion i went against was as master yi top.

100% of his ults were to run away from me

COWARDS

Maybe I missed it, but do you go Mid or Bot TF?
Mid, but never tell them you're going AD otherwise they'll rage.

Just a little edit to that build:

I've been getting longsword + 3 pots now instead of dagger + pot like it says there since dagger price increased so you can't get a pot anymore. Longsword + 3 pots works well. You just upgrade that to a vamp scepter after you get Shiv.

ok. I changed my mind.

Is it me or does new Sion's kit seem like one that shouldn't be using mana? Use health as the cost or something. Just the whole aesthetics and skills seem to be for a no mana champ.

Ashhong

i almost never buy it unless i'm doing like a tear rush

like if i'm ori against like jayce or something i might do tear rush into morellos. or like against zed maybe tear rush into seekers into morellos

Tear rush better than just doing chalice into seekers or morellos? Have never done a tear rush, but maybe that will solve my issues with laning against zed.

Tizoc

Mid, but never tell them you're going AD otherwise they'll rage.

Just a little edit to that build:

I've been getting longsword + 3 pots now instead of dagger + pot like it says there since dagger price increased so you can't get a pot anymore. Longsword + 3 pots works well. You just upgrade that to a vamp scepter after you get Shiv.

Hmm any reason why you wouldn't upgrade longsword first to VS? Only costs like 500ish Gold.

My main problem with TF is timing the W so I can get the red or Gold card.
For that matter, have you tried replacing one of your items with Trinity?

Ferga

Is it me or does new Sion's kit seem like one that shouldn't be using mana? Use health as the cost or something. Just the whole aesthetics and skills seem to be for a no mana champ.

Shouldn't use health as a cost. Or else that kind of goes against stacking hp, which is his best stat in the late game.

I could see him being manaless with his cooldowns.

But mana is alright on him. It's just his mana costs need to be toned down by a bit. Especially in the late game. He feels like god damn Poppy in terms of mana costs.

Both W and Q increase in mana with each skill point. It's kind of ridiculous.

pigeon

Banned
ok. I changed my mind.

I tried a few top Sion starts and the one I had the most success with was actually E-Q-W, maxing Q. E is a really good level 1 ability against most enemies and it actually has a sustainable mana cost.

I tried to force W first multiple times, but I just couldn't get it to work out. W is just not an effective sustain tool early and the mana cost screws you if you try to use it regularly. It's basically Nasus's E in terms of the role it plays in the kit.

If you just use E to poke and occasionally Q if you can catch them after hitting an E, you have enough mana for a long stay in lane.

Negaduck

I played before twitch and eve came out. I read their release patch notes.

I still think AP ez is the best ez.

Sofo

You guys really think Thresh is in such a bad spot? I still think he's really good, not as god-tier as he was but still damn good. Free Flash for a team mate and the rest of his abilities apply a sort of CC. Granted success goes through how skillful you are with hooks but that goes without saying.

I think in the right hands of someone that can use the entirety of his kit well, it can become a roam god, helping other lanes get going.

I wish I could practice it a bit more, recently I've gone back to Leona (the first champion I "seriously" bought and learned the game with) and left Threshie a bit alone. Maybe I should do some normals to get comfortable with him again.

zkylon

zkylewd
Tear rush better than just doing chalice into seekers or morellos? Have never done a tear rush, but maybe that will solve my issues with laning against zed.
well tear rush is cheaper, so you can wait for 1k gold and get like tear+cloth armor or something like that. like if you have dorans+chalice versus a zed with like brutalizer or maybe two long swords and a dorans he's gonna be dealing true damage to you (if you can always run armor yellows against ad mids) and you're gonna be feeling pretty miserable :(

also forgot the other situation i might buy morellos, which is like laning against swain or vlad or something. if they're top then i have to consider buying it and doing something funky like tear fiendish codex deathcap then morellos or something. but like for lane if they have like mundo top it's not all that great to rush. also wouldn't do athenes+morellos as that's a lot of money wastefully spent on cdr that you should be topping off with blue buff/elixir. like just pick one

nowadays i'm not a big fan of morellos tho, so usually against ad mids i end up doing like double dorans, seekers, fiendish codex, finishing zhonyas and then just do athenes.

the reason i don't like morellos too much is that i feel that infinite mana and having some mr is almost always better than grievous wounds (it's useful but w/e) and 20 ap (also not bad but still pretty w/e).

---

tear rush i don't love too much either, cos basically to get almost the same result as athenes (aka infinite mana and 20% cdr) you're spending 2900g instead of 2600g and tear isn't immediately awesome like chalice is, so yeah, i'd usually rather delay the mana regen thing and get like zhonyas and a late athenes and just rely on blue buff. it's got other benefits later on but i don't think they're worth it most of the time

tear rush is really good if you're in a very chill lane and are looking to go insane lategame with like ori or something. you can end up with like 800 ap or something and like melt the entire team by yourself. also with like zhonyas and seraph you're pretty much unkillable if your team's half decent

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You guys really think Thresh is in such a bad spot? I still think he's really good, not as god-tier as he was but still damn good. Free Flash for a team mate and the rest of his abilities apply a sort of CC. Granted success goes through how skillful you are with hooks but that goes without saying.

I think in the right hands of someone that can use the entirety of his kit well, it can become a roam god, helping other lanes get going.

I wish I could practice it a bit more, recently I've gone back to Leona (the first champion I "seriously" bought and learned the game with) and left Threshie a bit alone. Maybe I should do some normals to get comfortable with him again.
If you like Thresh play him. Some people preform well on him and are able to take advantage of the tool kit. If someone wants to roam and create picks I kind of just feel like Blitzcrank has more map presence, and Leona is more reliable.

Ferga

Maybe i'll try a safe glacial shroud rush into a giants belt for shield damage spam

Or go ROA-Maokai build and neglect Q for funsies

Newt

He's certainly not weak. That being said, I'd take a Blitz over a Thresh any day. Blitz has way more reliable skills, and damage. Back in the day, Thresh could just chunk you with autos, but he can't really do that anymore.

pigeon

Banned
Thresh is obviously still good, since he's picked in Worlds all the time. The fact that he's still picked after getting some huge nerfs should make clear how incredibly strong Thresh used to be.

But, like some other champs (Zed or Lee Sin come to mind), he's mostly strong in a situation where you have strong team coordination, because his most important tools are about positioning and mobility, and those require good communication to use well. So in solo queue he'll just be harder to win with because you need a group that communicates well.

Sofo

Yeah I guess that makes sense ._. it's just after Leona I grinded the IPs to buy Thresh, for him to get nerfed like a week or 2 after I bought it? >_>; (Lantern shield nerf and walls damage/slow afaik?)

I'm not good with him by any means but it is true that it is more frustrating to play than say Leona. Tossing lanterns to save peeps then having them ignored is kinda... -_-'

I really wanted to buy Nami but I am ok with not having her, same as Braum. I feel I've gotten to the point where I am comfortable with my champ choice and maybe I don't need to own ALL the supports. I guess Nami would be good for babysit lanes a bit more? I only got to play her during the free rotation but I did have a lot of fun. I have Janna but feels a bit more boring? Hard to explain!

Weird bug. I picked Fiora, and it kicked me out like I dodged, now her pic is on the right side of my client. It stays from screen to screen. It's also put me in the 5:00 penalty box.

That sucks D; On my very first ranked I was first pick, and trying to ban Kha'zix it kept the image as well as the abilities overlay on top for the rest of the picking... -_- was really annoying. RITO PLS.

zkylon

zkylewd
not really hard to explain, janna's a lot more boring than nami :p

i would say thresh is still top tier but nerf after nerf he just lost a lot of lane presence and his kit just takes more finesse to pull off than other strong supports like janna or leona or blitz or whatever

but he's funnest support ever and you don't need to be a god at him to be decent, so i still play him a lot. or maybe nami, i love them both

This is my first season though. I'm still fresh and ignorant. But I'm also Gold, so I'm the worst kid of ignorant. Sorry.
yea that bug is mega old

Jeff-DSA

Ok, so, like, I can't get into a match with similarly ranked players. I'm getting these shot caller Bronze players that rage because they jumped into a 1v5 fight as Katarina and then complain that nobody helped out. Yeah, buddy, that's not how you play Kat, but whatever. So then they refuse to fight and just steal my farm out of the jungle.

Then at the end of the game our Swain is blaming everybody for being "Ghandi" and not dealing damage in a fight (dumbest insult ever), and he's sitting on 50 FREAKING CS AT THE END OF THE GAME.

I put a freeze on Ranked when I hit Gold, but maybe that's where my actual good matches are going to be at. Might have to abandon Normals, because it's crazy town over here.

Jungle Fiora is still fun. Team was so heavy though. Essence Reaver on MF...no IE.

EGYJy9g.png

Sofo

Ok, so, like, I can't get into a match with similarly ranked players. I'm getting these shot caller Bronze players that rage because they jumped into a 1v5 fight as Katarina and then complain that nobody helped out. Yeah, buddy, that's not how you play Kat, but whatever. So then they refuse to fight and just steal my farm out of the jungle.

Then at the end of the game our Swain is blaming everybody for being "Ghandi" and not dealing damage in a fight (dumbest insult ever), and he's sitting on 50 FREAKING CS AT THE END OF THE GAME.

I put a freeze on Ranked when I hit Gold, but maybe that's where my actual good matches are going to be at. Might have to abandon Normals, because it's crazy town over here.

Jungle Fiora is still fun. Team was so heavy though. Essence Reaver on MF...no IE.

EGYJy9g.png

I guess when you started improving on ranked you stopped playing normals so your MMR from normals vs ranked is quite differentiated? (spelling?)

I guess what you could do is either play with people (duo+) or else try to hardcarry games to bring your normal MMR higher!

The good side I guess is that enemy team might be just as clueless as the people you get matched with, particularly that Swain. Dang, 50 CS RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom