• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
are yorick ghouls still REALLY hard to target? I remember them being really hard to target.
Attack move is your friend.

Can only carry so hard :(.

UM4VWZk.png
lllosj.png

jerd

Alright so the entire time I've played League I was led to believe that armor/mr had diminishing returns, mostly because of the tooltip when you hover over armor which tells % damage reduction from that damage type. However, today an all AD enemy team was kind of making fun of me for not building enough armor and buying into more health later on (I had 200 armor by 20 minutes and they had a Yi so the health was better for his true damage anyway) but I just thought they were idiots not taking diminishing returns into account.

Anyway I just figured I'd share this since I've been playing for over a year and didn't know how armor worked and I know we have a lot of newer people here.

Every point of armor requires a unit to take 1% more of its maximum health in physical damage to be killed. This is called effective health

What this means: by definition, armor does not have diminishing returns, because each point increases the unit's effective health against physical damage by 1% of its current actual health whether the unit has 10 armor or 1000 armor.

And honestly it probably won't change how I build at all because health and armor items usually go hand in hand anyway but it could make me less afraid to build stuff like thornmail on top of my randuin's if it suits the situation. Hope this helps someone else because it sure made me feel dumb!

If you look at armor in a vaccuum sure, it doesn't have diminishing returns, but once Last Whispers come into play then it's a different story.

jerd

Yeah so the higher your armor the more effective % pen is making your effective health lower. It's still not how I thought it worked but I guess considering pretty much everyone in all AD comps is going to build lw anyway it is kind of irrelevant. Another thing that seems insanely obvious but I've never thought about before is the little note that says "Unlike health, increasing armor also makes healing more effective because it takes more effort to remove the unit's health than it does to restore it."

Leezard

Yeah so the higher your armor the more effective % pen is making your effective health lower. It's still not how I thought it worked but I guess considering pretty much everyone in all AD comps is going to build lw anyway it is kind of irrelevant. Another thing that seems insanely obvious but I've never thought about before is the little note that says "Unlike health, increasing armor also makes healing more effective because it takes more effort to remove the unit's health than it does to restore it."

About the bolded, this is why champs with shields or heals prefers building resistances while champs with armor/resistance steroids prefer building health.

jerd

About the bolded, this is why champs with shields or heals prefers building resistances while champs with armor/resistance steroids prefer building health.

Oddly enough I knew that but didn't think about healing the same way. Makes me wonder what other little things I may not be considering

Promoted from Plat V to Plat III. :D I was kinda expecting Plat II though, given the general ranks of the matchups but I'm not sure if it's possible to skip that much.

Negaduck

Really enjoying sion top. Feels like such a beast. His ult took a little to get the feel of but just ganking mid from top feels great and counter initiating when the team is backing out with his ult feels great.

Uh, a really long time ago. You shouldn't really have mana problems on anyone if you have Chalice though outside of very specific situations.

I remember it got AP nerfed but the mana regen was intact I was getting like 10 to 12 mana regen but now I am getting like 8 to 7 mana regen when I am in low mana

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I remember it got AP nerfed but the mana regen was intact I was getting like 10 to 12 mana regen but now I am getting like 8 to 7 mana regen when I am in low mana
They barely touched the regen when they did tap it. It's all in your head.

You're talking about Chalice or Athene's?

Last time Chalice's mana regen was nerfed was two years ago. The base MP5 on Athene's was nerfed 8 patches ago.

God I hate being last pick. Nine times out of ten I have to support which means a loss.

You get a hard earned victory with a carry, some epic 50 minute game, and then the next game you get stuck being some shit support role and get destroyed in 20 minutes. It's just deflating.

If these idiots would just let me TF mid everything would be fine. But when you're new to a tier (I just got Silver 2) it seems you get the bottom two spots in champ select more often than not, which means no mid for me.

dimb

God I hate being last pick. Nine times out of ten I have to support which means a loss.

You get a hard earned victory with a carry, some epic 50 minute game, and then the next game you get stuck being some shit support role and get destroyed in 20 minutes. It's just deflating.
Maybe don't play ranked if you can't fill every role. Last pick is the greatest.
But when you're new to a tier (I just got Silver 2) it seems you get the bottom two spots in champ select more often than not, which means no mid for me.
Not how it works.

Newt

Support is easy to win with. You're probably just bad.

I don't understand people who go into ranked without being comfortable with at least 2 or 3 champions in every role.

I feel pretty comfortable on every champion in the game, and there are obviously some I'm a lot better at and will bring to ranked, but...

yeah. The "I can't support/ADC/jungle/whatever" mentality is super alien to me. But then again I've played well over a thousand games of League.

zkylon

zkylewd
so much wrong about that post

Have fun jerking off in bot lane placing wards and doing nothing.
iomEac2rMLK48.gif

no wonder you always lose, you suck

I don't understand people who go into ranked without being comfortable with at least 2 or 3 champions in every role.

I feel pretty comfortable on every champion in the game, and there are obviously some I'm a lot better at and will bring to ranked, but...

yeah. The "I can't support/ADC/jungle/whatever" mentality is super alien to me. But then again I've played well over a thousand games of League.

i just dodge jungle games and play mids top

Newt

Like if you don't like a specific role (Jungle for me), there's plenty of low skill champs that are available for you to play. Good example for jungle is Amumu/Fiddle.

Have fun jerking off in bot lane placing wards and doing nothing.
I'm an ADC main. I do that anyways.

If these idiots would just let me TF mid everything would be fine. But when you're new to a tier (I just got Silver 2) it seems you get the bottom two spots in champ select more often than not, which means no mid for me.

only shitters can't carry from support.

Like if you don't like a specific role (Jungle for me), there's plenty of low skill champs that are available for you to play. Good example for jungle is Amumu/Fiddle.

I'm an ADC main. I do that anyways.

yeah. I totally get not enjoying a role, but there are plenty of easy and safe options for you to play if you have to play one.

clemenx

Banned
Agreed. I enjoy every role but jungle. If I have to play it I fall back on something stupid like Warwick or Rammus. There's an "easy mode" champion for every role if you don't necessarily enjoy it. Practice those.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm a bad support, but it's probably the easiest role in low elo.
Maybe, and I'm probably a bad support and that's why it was the hardest role for me in low silver.

I would say that support in low silver may be one of the most soul-crushing positions if you pick a utility support and the ADC is absolutely terrible (e.g. does not autoattack), however. It takes a certain fortitude to be able to endure that suffering long enough to build a consistent average.

dimb

I'm a bad support, but it's probably the easiest role in low elo.
Support is the role I see low level players consistently preform the worst at, because there are heavy requirements on awareness, game knowledge, and planning. It's easy to keep up with low ELO solo laners because they are less likely to shut a lane out or roam effectively. If someone is a bad mid laner you can make up for that with damage sources from the rest of your team. If someone is a bad support that becomes a hard gap to fill on the team.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Maybe, and I'm probably a bad support and that's why it was the hardest role for me in low silver.

I would say that support in low silver may be one of the most soul-crushing positions if you pick a utility support and the ADC is absolutely terrible (e.g. does not autoattack), however. It takes a certain fortitude to be able to endure that suffering long enough to build a consistent average.

I usually just go Lulu or Annie. Silver ADCs go melee mode so it's easy to get them low

Blizzard

Banned
Also, would it maybe be cooler, or healthier, if people let off on the personal attacks? Surely there's a way to discuss why roles are important (You can do XYZ in midgame, or you can help with trades by doing thus and such concrete example, or you can help with engages by doing XYZ, or dragons, or wards)?

It seems there are all sorts of valid points that could be made without resorting to "only shitters can't carry," or "no wonder you always lose, you suck," or "Have fun jerking off in bot lane".

We're all adults here, right? We can be civil -and- educational!

Newt

You place wards? What a casul
I'm the warrior that built this town.
Also, would it maybe be cooler, or healthier, if people let off on the personal attacks? Surely there's a way to discuss why roles are important (You can do XYZ in midgame, or you can help with trades by doing thus and such concrete example, or you can help with engages by doing XYZ, or dragons, or wards)?

It seems there are all sorts of valid points that could be made without resorting to "only shitters can't carry," or "no wonder you always lose, you suck," or "Have fun jerking off in bot lane".

That's no fun!

I usually just go Lulu or Annie. Silver ADCs go melee mode so it's easy to get them low

I had a 69% winrate with annie support in Silver. They have no idea how to exploit her weaknesses. You just burst them at level 2 and they're too scared to do anything for the rest of the lane. And then once you're out of lane you're just another carry.

Eh. I feel discussion around here is honestly pretty constructive and healthy, and only really gets "personal" when people make really shitty posts. Like Heavy has his way of thinking and clearly isn't open to other opinions.

I know I can get pretty defensive sometimes myself which is something I need to work on, but I don't hold grudges with anyone except for one or two people.

dimb

Maybe people shouldn't come in here to brag about how they make ranked a miserable experience for their teammates.

no wonder you always lose, you suck
Support is easy to win with. You're probably just bad.
only shitters can't carry from support.
If you knew how this game worked maybe you wouldn't just do nothing as the support. :^)

Since when did this thread become toxic.

Anyway, just had a game that felt like I was back in Bronze 5. 17-1 and the only death was going back to try to save a teammate, would've been 17-0. I went top vs. a Ryze that for some reason barely attacked me, basically let me free farm. Completely annihilated their team.

CIJbaWQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom