• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

why is that funny, he's just bankrolling and coaching it.

we should encourage that.
Yeah, he has enough money so more power to him. Don't know about the coaching aspect since he's so mediocre when he's on a laning role, but good luck to him.

V_Arnold

Why are there good, "nice" supports in this game when people can just pick TrollCrank or Thrash and hook till the end of time? Even if all I do is dodge it , dodge it, dodge it*, the enemy adc can just go for creep kills and ignore me. And thus the side with more hooks (aka offensive, in your face style support) just gets more gold invetiably.

Enlighten me. Why is there an option to chooose Soraka or Karma as a supp when you can choose Blitzcrank?

*Oh, and when I do not dodge it, death. Early game and endgame as well. Why?

Newt

Why are there good, "nice" supports in this game when people can just pick TrollCrank or Thrash and hook till the end of time? Even if all I do is dodge it , dodge it, dodge it*, the enemy adc can just go for creep kills and ignore me. And thus the side with more hooks (aka offensive, in your face style support) just gets more gold invetiably.

Enlighten me. Why is there an option to chooose Soraka or Karma as a supp when you can choose Blitzcrank?

Soraka can hard bully both Thresh/Blitz. She can stay safe behind minions, and constantly harass to the point where the Thresh/Blitz won't be able to make aggressive plays. Yes, if you play passive the enemy will end up getting a gold lead, but if I see a Thresh or Blitz miss a single hook, I'll do my best to get up into their face and murder them. Thresh and Blitz also have super hard counters to them, such as Leona/Ezreal/Sivir/Braum/Alistar and maybe Corki.

zkylon

zkylewd

cos other supports do other things?

blitz can't win you teamfigths like sona does and will get shit on in lane by nami

stand behind minions and punish when they miss their hook

drawkcaB

Someone on reddit is floating the idea that all the splashes that have the dust animation and other changes might be related to a Shaco rework that was slated for late 2014. Best theory so far, as far as I'm concerned.

Newt

Someone on reddit is floating the idea that all the splashes that have the dust animation and other changes might be related to a Shaco rework that was slated for late 2014. Best theory so far, as far as I'm concerned.
What does dust have to do with Shaco though? I feel like it's lightning clouds for Ao Shin.

Ocho

I win as new Soraka vs Blitzcrank. You need a good skilled support to win vs hook champs, though.

Yes, what we need are more Ahri and Miss Fortune skins.

What champion has had the least attention regarding skins? I don't mean Azir, obviously. Take age in to account.

My guess is that less popular champions have gotten fewer skins (not surprising) but that uglier champions have, too. Of course, then there is Cho'Gath, with his two legendary skins.

Skarner still only has his release skins.

Leezard

You can just pick something like Janna and bully them out of lane. I like playing against Thresh and Blitz.

Nekofrog

Banned
what would happen in a mirror match of blitzcranks where they both launch their hook at exactly the same time and hit each other at exactly the same time?

personally i think summoners rift would blow up

Leezard

What does dust have to do with Shaco though? I feel like it's lightning clouds for Ao Shin.

There are more changes than only dust.

Quote from reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2jfsok/more_changed_champ_pages/:

Warwick[2] : Using very weird splash art
Kennen[3] : Background is completely blue with no moon
Brand[4] : He shoots no fire from his right hand
Nami[5] : Bloodred eyes
Chogath[6] : Different splash art all together
Kayle[7] : Bloodred wings
Draven[8] : blue skys and shattered axe?
Blitcrank[9] : His right arm is broken.
And of course, the 7 champions shrouded by dust,
Xerath[10]
Zed[11]
Cassiopeia[12]
Lissandra[13]
Leblanc[14]
Twisted Fate[15]
and Hecarim[16] .
(Also something weird going on with tfs cards and a zed shadow)
Please tell me if there is something I missed!
EDIT: Lucian has switched directions, facing the wrong way.
EDIT#2: Alistar has a weird swipe/wind in front of his face.
EDIT#3: Janna's page has a black tint, and black winds.
EDIT#4: Jayce also has weird shading problems, blue skys etc. Also added links.
EDIT#5: Caitlyn, thick smoke to the right, Graves more cards than normal. Also new Anivia splash(old) More links.
EDIT#6: No blue flag behind Jarvan, wow there are so many changed, i don't have enough edits to fit them all.
EDIT#7: Final edit, ALOT of champs are now using their own old artwork, or their Chinese counterpart artwork.
EDIT#8: I lied, Zac's in a cave, Also lux's header is much darker, less light beams.

Just look at the Chogath page:
http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/chogath/

Leezard

The more I think about it the more I think it is something simple like Harrowing. Most changes make things more dark and more "evil".

zkylon

zkylewd
there's no way it's nothing

i think people are reaching with many of the splash thingies like just noticing changes now that were there forever but the smoke thing means something

either ao shin

or a skin thing

but like it's too ao shin to be someone else

but who knows

Newt

there's no way it's nothing

i think people are reaching with many of the splash thingies like just noticing changes now that were there forever but the smoke thing means something

either ao shin

or a skin thing

but like it's too ao shin to be someone else

but who knows
Could be an Ori skin.

I used to be terrified of hooks. Back in S3 Blitz was an auto-ban and if he landed a hook it usually resulted in blown summoner's or a kill. But I think the fear was a result of me still learning the game and the people I played with.

Then I realized if you stand close to minions you won't get grabbed, and if you're ranged you can easily harass. And getting hooked isn't the end of the world either: if you're Leona or Alistar you'd welcome the hook as it's basically free initiation.

There are still poor picks into Blitz/Thresh: mostly immobile champs. But ADC's like Ezrael, Corki, Tristana, and Lucian have escapes to counter hooks. I played one game with a Blitz who grabbed Tristana many times but she'd just jump away when he did.

And as others have said Blitz is basically a hook machine in teamfights: if you grab their ADC it's a win, but grab their initiator and you'll get flamed for costing your team the fight. The rest of his kit isn't that great either.

A good Blitz will just zone you without even using his hook: people will see him use his W and back up.

Thresh has a weaker hook but a better kit. I used to see a lot of Thresh picks but have rarely seen any. I guess being one tier lower matters.

Nekofrog

Banned
pretty sure all this new splash art stuff is just riot incorporating dead names' ban into the lore. he has now ascended and his negative influence is spreading to champions he considers OP

in b4 syndra's splash art is deleted entirely

zkylon

zkylewd
As far as I know, Kalista, an ad carry, is coming to League seeking for revenge on several champions who are marked with shrouded profile pages. Kalista has a completely new mechanic named soulbond which links you with a chosen teammate, often your support. He/she uses spears. Thank me later.

if it's another adc i'm gonna be all like

iup6Ovbp8jCLn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom