• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Support is the best role. You don't have to cs so you can focus on controlling the enemies, make shot calls and figure out what the enemies are trying to do so you can counter it. It has a good mix of strategic and tactical play.

Ocho

Have fun jerking off in bot lane placing wards and doing nothing.

Damn it, Heavy. I believed in your TF ADC road to challenger, but you've broken my heart. I was your only fan.

Saying support sucks and playing this game for longer than seasons have existed and still being silver... I'm disappointed. There's no hope. Dream is dead. I'm out.

the amount of stupid things we put in the OT is moving me to tears

it'll be up earlier than the previous deadline too. Probably 1 PM BST on Sunday instead of 5

Damn it, Heavy. I believed in your TF ADC road to challenger, but you've broken my heart. I was your only fan.

Saying support sucks and playing this game for longer than seasons have existed and still being silver... I'm disappointed. There's no hope. Dream is dead. I'm out.
I made that post while upset. They were being toxic towards me and I raged and made a stupid post to try to make them mad.

Einbroch

Banned
I tried AD TF last night because why not.

I'm surprised you do as well as you do. I sucked ass. The only reason I was .500 was because I ulted to mid like three times to get a kill.

I tried AD TF last night because why not.

I'm surprised you do as well as you do. I sucked ass. The only reason I was .500 was because I ulted to mid like three times to get a kill.
Takes a lot of practice to get the feel of his range, his damage output, when to fight, when not to fight, when and where to ult, it's unlike other AD ranged carries. He's also the most fun I've ever had in the game after so many years. Syndra, Leblanc, sometimes Fizz... they will wreck you in lane if they're any good. Other than that, it's np.

Did you use my full build? with the runes, item order, everything? the 29% AS from runes is very important

Einbroch

Banned
Takes a lot of practice to get the feel of his range, his damage output, when to fight, when not to fight, when and where to ult, it's unlike other AD ranged carries. Syndra, Leblanc, sometimes Fizz... they will wreck you in lane if they're any good. Other than that, it's np.

Did you use my full build? with the runes, item order, everything? the 29% AS from runes is very important

Oh God no. I went split push because I was useless in team fights because I didn't know what I was doing. We won, so it's all good (was in a five man stack).

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm silver IV and I get exclusively high silvers and golds in my normal games (I usually win, too).

I guess I should play ranked. I wish my campus connection weren't so shitty. Getting constant 200 ping.

pigeon

Banned
I made that post while upset. They were being toxic towards me and I raged and made a stupid post to try to make them mad.

So you made a troll post to get people annoyed with you, and a bunch of people got annoyed, and they said annoyed things.

What were you expecting to happen?

Trolling without expecting people to get mad at you is like playing AD Twisted Fate or something

everybody in my ranked games is gold..
i win one i lose one which is okay against gold for me (S2).
my net lp gain is like 5

i'm never getting out of Silver.

Oh God no. I went split push because I was useless in team fights because I didn't know what I was doing. We won, so it's all good (was in a five man stack).
Try it out if you have the attack speed runes. It's really great fun.

So you made a troll post to get people annoyed with you, and a bunch of people got annoyed, and they said annoyed things.

What were you expecting to happen?

Trolling without expecting people to get mad at you is like playing AD Twisted Fate or something
They said mean things before I made the post. Newt called me bad

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I feel less motivated to get to gold now that I learned of the rewards. My only real reason now is to get the banner trim that shows "Hey, I got to Gold last season."

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Reevaluating myself regarding ADC.

Gonna have to narrow it down between Ezreal, Sivir, Caitlyn and Vayne. Might just take out Sivir and then pick appropriately within each champ select.

Got my Jax and Vlad top, Lissandra mid, Xin jungle and Janna/Nami support.

I can do this, the climb to plat is real.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't say support is easy but the amount of support mains you get when you climb are kinda astounding.

Like 3 people wanna play support and mid or top gets last picked. I never saw anything like that in bronze or silver.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wouldn't say support is easy but the amount of support mains you get when you climb are kinda astounding.

Like 3 people wanna play support and mid or top gets last picked. I never saw anything like that in bronze or silver.

support climb is super legit. supports have pretty high kill participation and fed supports can really shut down the enemy team with vision and smart item buys. or you can just roam mid and give your shitty akali a kill while your adc is freezing

it's just a great role to play if you wanna climb, specially cos so many people is so fucking bad at it

I guess thats why Riot wanted to make some passive support being more aggressive, I still have so much to learn in support (with sona) or going against full cc supps like Alistar.
Yeah, supports are more active now. Thresh and Blitz can carry games with the hooks. Leona carry with AoE stun and initiating. I still find them boring to play.

Yeah, supports are more active now. Thresh and Blitz can carry games with the hooks. Leona carry with AoE stun and initiating. I still find them boring to play.

Fair point but it would make some players trying to use them full AD and forgets there are the support and their main function.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I love playing against silver zeds. It's so cute when they juke themselves into my swain wombo combo.

I think that's actually my favorite thing about Swain. He doesn't give a single fuck about AD assassins. I don't think I've ever lost lane to a Zed or Yasuo.

Bacon

Honestly if you buy a sightstone in bronze/silver as support you are already ahead of probably 50 percent of the other supports out there.

I think Sightstone and the new GP/10 items made support easier, more fun to play, and more popular. Watch high-level Dota games and supports spend all their gold on wards, counter-wards, dust, and scrolls. At the end of a game they'll be severely underleveled with barely any items. I wouldn't say supporting in Dota is any harder or easier than supporting in LoL but there's less of a tangible reward in the former.

Also the new support champs have interesting kits. Braum, Thresh, Nami are not just button-mashing healbots like old Soraka.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno i'd say s4 actually made supporting a bit harder

like the "just buy sighstone and a bunch of wards and you'll be better than 50% of the people" was truer last season where you just bought a million pinks and walked around with oracles starving the other team of vision. you still had to do a lot with very little but support had better base stats to compensate

now you actually have to be smarter about what you buy and when cos you have so much gold so if you waste it on like a sunfire cape you're gonna be feeling it.

also with fiddlesticks nerfed and soraka and sona reworked, most of the supports have some kind of depth to them. taric, blitz, janna and zilean should all probably get their kits looked into, tho they're pretty strong anyways.

also sona winrate is ridiculous, she's back <3

Nekofrog

Banned
Also, would it maybe be cooler, or healthier, if people let off on the personal attacks? Surely there's a way to discuss why roles are important (You can do XYZ in midgame, or you can help with trades by doing thus and such concrete example, or you can help with engages by doing XYZ, or dragons, or wards)?

It seems there are all sorts of valid points that could be made without resorting to "only shitters can't carry," or "no wonder you always lose, you suck," or "Have fun jerking off in bot lane".

We're all adults here, right? We can be civil -and- educational!

We need a new punching bag now that dead names is gone

And if you present yourself like that, well...

Bacon

i dunno i'd say s4 actually made supporting a bit harder

like the "just buy sighstone and a bunch of wards and you'll be better than 50% of the people" was truer last season where you just bought a million pinks and walked around with oracles starving the other team of vision

now you actually have to be smarter about what you buy and when cos you have so much gold so if you waste it on like a sunfire cape you're gonna be feeling it.

also with fiddlesticks nerfed and soraka and sona reworked, most of the supports have some kind of depth to them. taric, blitz, janna and zilean should all probably get their kits looked into, tho they're pretty strong anyways.

also sona winrate is ridiculous, she's back <3

In low elo a lot of people just treat support as a an extra mage. That is why if you have one side buying support items i.e. sightstone, and one side buying mage items, your team has the advantage because your support is actually providing vision.

This happens all too often and its frustrating when you have the mage support who has 15 cs by minute 20.

zkylon

zkylewd
what i really want is that assassin support that certainlyt talked about

a support with a mobility spell that can like jump all over the battlefield tagging enemies to expose their resistances and then swap back to peel for their carries

sounds so much fun

In low elo a lot of people just treat support as a an extra mage. That is why if you have one side buying support items i.e. sightstone, and one side buying mage items, your team has the advantage because your support is actually providing vision.

This happens all too often and its frustrating when you have the mage support who has 15 cs by minute 20.
not much has changed as i don't think low elo people bought pinks or oracles in s3 either.

but like if you want a damaging support just play annie or zyra. they've fallen out of flavor but they're both pretty ok. keep buying wards but you know sneak in a dfg/guise or two in there.

Yeah, what a difference 150 range can make. Love playing Sona now.
yeah, i need to entune myself back with her tho

i feel like i've been playing way too much nami and thresh and lost a lot of accuracy with her ult

also been lately doing aggressive runepages with like ap and like 0 9 21 and it's just not been working for me with nobody, not nami not thresh not everyone.

so i gotta dial that back to comfort zone with like defensive runes and masteries and stop pretending i'm not super rusty at supporting

like i literally play 80% or more of my games mid, i just gotta accept i suck at everything else :p

Leezard

If only there were a lot more mixed damage champs. Nowadays you usually favor one damage type over the other.
Hybrid damage champs are notoriously difficult to balance and have always been way too strong when they were viable, since you cannot simply build either armor or magic res to counter them. See: Irelia, Jax, Akali. Irelia's ultimate was once magic damage, but it was changed to make it easier to itemize against her.

zkylon

zkylewd
If only there were a lot more mixed damage champs. Nowadays you usually favor one damage type over the other.
rito already said they're working on removing all mixed scaling items

so that idea is going away

considering that all the champions like that are pretty annoying (akali, jax, corki, uhh can't think many more...) i'm fine with it

Hybrid damage champs are notoriously difficult to balance and have always been way too strong when they were viable, since you cannot simply build either armor or magic res to counter them. See: Irelia, Jax, Akali. Irelia's ultimate was once magic damage, but it was changed to make it easier to itemize against her.
and one day vayne will get her % health true damage thing replaced by one or the other :>

i don't even hate vayne nowadays but that thing irks me so much

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
rito already said they're working on removing all mixed scaling items

so that idea is going away

considering that all the champions like that are pretty annoying (akali, jax, corki, uhh can't think many more...) i'm fine with it
Well that sounds better. I hate having ultimates on my ad champ that scales with ap (im looking at you renekton).

Jeff-DSA

Yeah, mixed damage is bull. Nothing worse than clicking on the death recap and it just says mixed damage. Ok...I'll just build...whatever, I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well that sounds better. I hate having ultimates on my ad champ that scales with ap (im looking at you renekton).
well this doesn't mean mixed damage but mixed scaling on items specifically. so no more gunblade, guinsoo and whatever, but renek's ult will totally scale with ap and deal magic damage

it's specific to champions that do mixed damage in unfun ways, like corki or something, that you look at the recap and you don't know wtf to build against him

the reason it's ok for ad champions to have ap scaling spells right now is because of trinity force and baron. also because their kits are tuned around it for specific reasons. like i guess if renek dealt like a million dot physical damage with his ult he'd be crazy strong because brutalizer/lw would be so effective so they would have to nerf something else, or maybe the base damage, etc. at the same time having it be magic damage gives renek an edge to play around for a bit while people only buys armor against him. maybe not the best example but i think you get the idea

with new baron i think they might want to look into this tho

Yeah, mixed damage is bull. Nothing worse than clicking on the death recap and it just says mixed damage. Ok...I'll just build...whatever, I guess.
hp? like generally you'll want to have both types of resistances anyways so it's not too bad except against the weird outliers like corki or irelia or something

edit: but also they're specifically annoying cos they also have true damage. like who the fuck thought these champions were good ideas lol

Jeff-DSA

hp? like generally you'll want to have both types of resistances anyways so it's not too bad except against the weird outliers like corki or irelia or something

That works to a degree, sure, but at times you have to build specifically to deal with AD or AP. I dunno, I just don't like it.

By the way, I'm going to backburner Katarina a bit and start going Syndra for a while.

zkylon

zkylewd
That works to a degree, sure, but at times you have to build specifically to deal with AD or AP. I dunno, I just don't like it.

By the way, I'm going to backburner Katarina a bit and start going Syndra for a while.

that'sd the spirit

embrace absolute power!

zkylon

zkylewd
just realized

is this closer's favorite item

Twin_Shadows_item.png

I don't have an issue with Vayne's %HP true damage. She has a lot of meaningful tradeoffs to back up that level of damage, and it allows her to fit into a niche where she becomes this hyperscaling tank destroyer.

It's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom