• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

H0aGQuIDk0C9EPIm

i love shilin so much

The next scene is when Nami drags MF down to a watery grave.

I woke up, hoping it was a nightmare

but I guess not

:(

??

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Decided to give ranked a shot even though I hate the nature of the place. Can't complain too much, was a close game because our Akali got stomped by Zed at mid so he was able to kill at will(he even got a quadra at one point) and then Late game Trist happened. Learned I actually do still like Leona, no idea why I disliked her so much back when I played more.
You should look up a guide on how to build support tanks.

Decided to give ranked a shot even though I hate the nature of the place. Can't complain too much, was a close game because our Akali got stomped by Zed at mid so he was able to kill at will(he even got a quadra at one point) and then Late game Trist happened. Learned I actually do still like Leona, no idea why I disliked her so much back when I played more.
Abandon Sunfire Cape in any of your builds. It's not good on anyone, much less supports who rely on their utility. Iceborn Gauntlet isn't outright terrible, but I would never prioritize it over any item that could be more widely beneficial to the team.

Blizzard

Banned
4 games of winning top lane early on, getting some nice tp ganks in but losing to an incredibly fed mid laner and a tonne of dragons

Alright, fine. A bit frustrated but still not playing on tilt.

Guess I was never suppose to be in diamond

I usually salvage bot lane with tp counter ganks but I can't do anything about mid laners who just assassinate everything :\

This is my second losing streak in 2 weeks. Was going so well with the whole 'winning' thing too
As I mentioned, you had only played 30-35 games or so. Why not wait until the 100 mark so statistics have time to even out? In theory, even if you have bad mid laners who feed the other team, some of the time the other team will have bad mid laners who feed YOUR team. You just have to wait for statistics while trying to play consistently yourself.

Another possibility might be that Irelia is sub-optimal even with teleport at your level -- do you mind if I ask why you are using her despite the losing streaks? You seem pretty obviously frustrated. Are you asking for advice or just venting?

dimb

I really should.
It's not too hard. Basically just prioritize the cost effective tanky items that generally have supportive properties. Damage components even on otherwise defensive items like Sunfire Cape or Iceborn Gauntlet aren't going to help much in a teamfight when your primary goal is to survive as long as possible and protect your teammates.
Another possibility might be that Irelia is sub-optimal even with teleport at your level -- do you mind if I ask why you are using her despite the losing streaks?
Let me find a reaction image for this.

Edit: I'm just going to use this one.
M7xCACG.png

DeadNames

Banned
I wish I could report people who don't ban Braum. -_-

Also I hate legitimately losing because of teams. Literally everyone fed, but I didn't care. They weren't douches. But our Rengar and Karma were.

Blizzard

Banned
Let me find a reaction image for this.

Edit: I'm just going to use this one.
M7xCACG.png
I'm disappointed I didn't even get a Lulu image. Is Ashe meant to signify "Irelia is a waifu, you can't be disloyal as such"?

I mean, if one believes one's losing streaks and frustrations are truly the gods of random numbers and Riot smiting you with bad luck, and it's going to even out, that's fine and I can understand grinding through it. I do it myself. But if you're just plain unhappy, maybe it's time for a change. I feel like that tends to help me if I'm stuck in a rut with a champion.

dimb

I'm disappointed I didn't even get a Lulu image. Is Ashe meant to signify "Irelia is a waifu, you can't be disloyal as such"?
It means Irelia is hyper meta right now at all levels of the game, will probably only get stronger, and is a top lane champion worth learning.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What's a good waifu to save up some IP for? I wanna play this some more but the only waifu I got wears a helmet so you can't see her face. :(

Subtle

What's a good waifu to save up some IP for? I wanna play this some more but the only waifu I got wears a helmet so you can't see her face. :(

Ashe is the one true waifu

Edit: but if you're looking for a viable waifu, Caitlyn is always good.

Edit 2: some sick ppl consider jinx a waifu, so if you're into that, I mean she's viable

Tizoc

He's odd...like I know what I'd need to build on him but he is mainly reliant on his Q, since you gotta mash it like crazy if you land your E on the enemy.
I got a homicidal twitch whenever he gets picked on my team and the player decides to focus on Attack speed.

BTW would BoRK+Youmuu work fine on Caitlyn? Looking up on Probuilds, Bloodthrister is favoured more, but far as I've seen here, Bloodhtirster isn't all it is cut out to be.

Abandon Sunfire Cape in any of your builds. It's not good on anyone, much less supports who rely on their utility. Iceborn Gauntlet isn't outright terrible, but I would never prioritize it over any item that could be more widely beneficial to the team.

It's not too hard. Basically just prioritize the cost effective tanky items that generally have supportive properties. Damage components even on otherwise defensive items like Sunfire Cape or Iceborn Gauntlet aren't going to help much in a teamfight when your primary goal is to survive as long as possible and protect your teammates.
Thanks for the pointers. I was just kinda winging it based how badly Zed was eating into us.

SeigO

Banned
Another possibility might be that Irelia is sub-optimal even with teleport at your level -- do you mind if I ask why you are using her despite the losing streaks? You seem pretty obviously frustrated. Are you asking for advice or just venting?
I think you have a point here, I disagree with Dimb.

I label Irelia as sub-optimal for carrying in yolo queue and that's why I decided against trying to learn her because it'll just frustrate me winning lane and losing games. She's sort of like Nidalee where her build of defensive items+ triforce doesn't allow her to carry through all phases of the game. When you play Irelia you're incredibly reliant on having a decent team and that's the opposite of what you want in solo queue, you want to be playing a play maker that can pick people off, poke the enemy team down, chunk down towers or force fights over objectives.

I'm not very experienced with Irelia, but I do know that I see 8-4, 7-3 etc Irelia's lose all the time.
I recently switched over to "flavor of the month" Ryze and it's been going pretty well, it's so much easier playing a safe champion. The 2 losses are games where we had leavers and let them push down our mid lane early.
aQghdJZ.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
simple rules for support items:

start gold generation (coin if you want the speed up active, relic shield if you're going tanky and spellthief if you're going poke) + 2 pots + ward or 4 pots (can be 2 red 2 blue, your pick) if they have a non-ganking early-on jungler like warwick.

rush blue sightstone and at least level 2 gold generating item.

if you need mana regen (you're sona, nami, etc.) buy chalice

if enemy has strong cc buy mikaels crucible

if enemy has lots of poke buy locket of iron solari

if you need armor gets randuins omen (use the active!)

if you need mr buy banshees veil

---

situational stuff:

if you need to be extra tanky and want lots of cdr you can buy frozen heart or spirit visage

if you scale decently well with ap (annie, nami) you can buy zhonyas or even abyssal for defense+damage

if you're zyra and you want damage buy liandrys/rylais

if you need to scout or can use an extra slow buy twin shadows

---

buy lots of potions, always, mana and health. start yellow trinket and switch to red as soon as you get blue sightstone.

don't upgrade blue sighstone to red until later on. always try to have a pink on you, use it on dragon when you're killing dragon and then buy another pink and put it somewhere more useful so you can deny them the gold for killing it

upgrade red trinket when you feel like killing vision will be more important, changes game to game.

boots should usually be mobility but you can try mercury treads against hard non-knockups cc (think veigar or morgana, but not alistar), sorc shoes if you're gonna deal lots of damage with like zyra or annie. ninja tabis and lucidity boots i don't usually find useful

---

hope that helped

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is this a Street Fighter IV cross promotional?

Is that why C. Viper is in the game?

dimb

I think you have a point here, I disagree with Dimb.
I actively avoid top lane so you probably know better than me. If we're talking like optimus prime optimal than yeah you might as well just pick Gragas every game or something. As far as bruisers go for top lane though I don't really know how much better you can do than Irelia.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think they look ok

ezrea34.jpg

vi2.jpg

and it's 750

imo these are among the best 750 skins released. think that the world cup skins were 750 also

i don't think i'll be buying em since i don't play those champions all that much but quality wise i think they're pretty great

zkylon

zkylewd
splash art background characters being blank faces is kind of a waste tho

we need cocktail dress skins

midnight ahri tho.
yea that one's pretty cool too, it always surprises me they sell it for 750

Is this a Street Fighter IV cross promotional?

Is that why C. Viper is in the game?

i'd be down for this

like when people were going cray about game of thrones crossover

or just make unofficial ripoffs like jaeger aatrox and mad max mf

delicious reference skins

SeigO

Banned
I actively avoid top lane so you probably know better than me. If we're talking like optimus prime optimal than yeah you might as well just pick Gragas every game or something. As far as bruisers go for top lane though I don't really know how much better you can do than Irelia.
Oh ya well that's true, but the issue is just that bruisers top have fallen out of meta completely. Irelia is the top of her class though, but she's still difficult to carry with solo. If you duo with a good jungler or mid it's not as big of an issue.

sleepykyo

The next scene is when Nami drags MF down to a love grotto.

Yuriyuriyuri.

Finally watched new dawn trailer. It was pretty epic and hilarious.

Obvious Katarina bait.
Nautilus arriving late and getting smashed by a pillar after a failed anchor pull attempt.
Darius being such a beast that it takes Rengar, Leona (should have kill secured after that dunk) and Ahri to drop him.

It has been noted before, but with better/more realistic graphics LoL would be pretty gruesome, post dunk Leona was kind of hard to watch.

zkylon

zkylewd
bjork is very good for the active which is lower in range than caitlyn autoattack, so you're wasting money on an active you'll rarely use (at least optimally like you'd do with twitch ambushes). passive is ok but since cait has no attack speed steroids and relies mostly on autoattacks for her damage and her passive scales so well with ad and crit bjork is just a lot of stats that aren't so great on her

youumus is similar, caitlyn doesn't care about cdr and low ad+crit isn't ideal either. the active is cool but cait has enough mobility and range so that she shouldn't need it

get her ie + pd + lw + bt

she'll be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom