• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
It's like whenever I pick irelia, I somehow encourage my team to lose the whole game in less than 15minutes.

It feels like it's been forever since I actually played an irelia game where I didn't have to vs legendary mids and adcs or get ganked by 4 people at 15minutes because all my other outer turrets have been destroyedd
For some context here, you started happy:
Seriously, why haven't I ever bothered to learn irelia.

She is a beast at snowballing and recovering from a difficult lane.

Erghhh
My match history is almost all irelia games. Mmmmmmm
I'm dreading the day people start to pick up irelia. It's almost an instant nerf next patch if that happens
Two weeks later, you're at the point you are now. In maybe 2-3 weeks, you have played 31 Irelia games.

I don't mean to be rude, but isn't that barely scratching the surface? I did something like 100 ranked Riven and Kat games when I was taking statistical notes for myself in a previous season.

Incidentally, your win rate and number of ranked games this season for Irelia is almost identical to my Fiora numbers now that I have started losing with her too. You might try switching champions for a while since sometimes that leads to wins again. Above all, I recommend focusing on what you can do consistently, and what you can improve with your own play, since you are going to have good and bad teammates in any game, and it may be difficult to affect them from top lane. We all have games with bad teammates, and most of us probably have games where WE are the bad teammates too.

The important part is that we try to get better attitudes, not blame people, and improve personally. These are all big things I need to work on if I play more.

For some context here, you started happy:

Two weeks later, you're at the point you are now. In maybe 2-3 weeks, you have played 31 Irelia games.

I don't mean to be rude, but isn't that barely scratching the surface? I did something like 100 ranked Riven and Kat games when I was taking statistical notes for myself in a previous season.

Incidentally, your win rate and number of ranked games this season for Irelia is almost identical to my Fiora numbers now that I have started losing with her too. You might try switching champions for a while since sometimes that leads to wins again. Above all, I recommend focusing on what you can do consistently, and what you can improve with your own play, since you are going to have good and bad teammates in any game, and it may be difficult to affect them from top lane. We all have games with bad teammates, and most of us probably have games where WE are the bad teammates too.

The important part is that we try to get better attitudes, not blame people, and improve personally. These are all big things I need to work on if I play more.
it was factually proven in season 3 that no matter what

i couldnt win with taric.

Newt

Alright got to gld 1 today in solo queue.

Time to move towards plat.
image.php

Lol I still got a long way to go.

Although if my matches with my friends are any indication, I could get to Platinum 1 (Diamond is too high for me no thk you) after some more grinding and a better comp and internet connection.

But that will have to wait until school starts again and my ping is 80ish not the 150 i have now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Game needs to load the map as soon as you reach 100%, cause I just spent 5 minutes in the loading screen thinking these people were on wooden PCs when the game already started without my knowing it.

CRS

Game needs to load the map as soon as you reach 100%, cause I just spent 5 minutes in the loading screen thinking these people were on wooden PCs when the game already started without my knowing it.

And do what? You wouldn't be able to buy or move anywhere. What it needs is to not have a static loading screen.

DeadNames

Banned
I played with the biggest retard Lee sin today. He literally just sat in my lane tossing Q's out while their Wukong (who is still op as hell) dominated.

0 LP silver 3. I can't GAF. How the hell do I go from silver 1 promos to on the brink of silver 4? I'm back where I fucking started..

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And do what? You wouldn't be able to buy or move anywhere. What it needs is to not have a static loading screen.

So you can actually see you're in the game, rather than hoping the client didn't freeze on you, which now I worry about.

And maybe chat with the other team while you wait for other people to load in.

SeigO

Banned
Can I get a team where they don't go 0-10 in less than 10minutes please
Haha tell me about it, I went on a 9 game losing streak the other day and I'm starting to feel like it's the ranked lottery as a top lane main. It seems like the bot lane almost always massively swings in one teams favor, maybe it's because the (Kog/Luc/Trist) trifecta are too overpowered once they get rolling.

Ferga

4 games of winning top lane early on, getting some nice tp ganks in but losing to an incredibly fed mid laner and a tonne of dragons

Alright, fine. A bit frustrated but still not playing on tilt.

Next game we go!

Level 3, burn both summoners on akali and practically win the lane until she reaches 6. But by then, i'll have some mr and cdr to deal with her burst

Nope.

Come on down, my 100hp jungler. Let's give akali double buff and a level up to chase me down with red!

Guess I was never suppose to be in diamond

Haha tell me about it, I went on a 9 game losing streak the other day and I'm starting to feel like it's the ranked lottery as a top lane main. It seems like the bot lane almost always massively swings in one teams favor, maybe it's because the (Kog/Luc/Trist) trifecta are too overpowered once they get rolling.

I usually salvage bot lane with tp counter ganks but I can't do anything about mid laners who just assassinate everything :\

This is my second losing streak in 2 weeks. Was going so well with the whole 'winning' thing too

Back to back 5-0 in lane and lose.

I'm done with rank for this season... just wait for my gold border and pray next season the kids that play this game grow the fuck up, and no new blood joins. Or I am going to Dota.

Sofo

Figures, the game I decide to go out of my way and jungle and not support, we get a Blitzcrank that didn't buy wards or Sighstone... at all. We got so close to winning but Ziggs and Blitz decided not worth waiting for Annie and I, so then it just melted away.

And with every defeat I'm sinking lower and lower and keep having a harder time winning. :/ I'm really losing my confidence in this game. I have basically ruined it forever. D:

Ferga

Guy couldn't get top so he goes jungle nasus. Ends game by going 0/2/0, stealing farm and staying in the jungle the entire game. When team fights were happening, he just ran away and did wraiths

He died twice to dragon because he tried to solo it.

Enemy pantheon, on the other hand, went 7/2 and practically demolished every single lane.

Ferga

Well after spamming gragas 13 times and playing agaisnt irelia twice, I know how to rip him apart with irelia.

AD rune page, 21/9, doran blade start with ignite.

Kill him or push him out of lane at level 2 after he uses barrel and then never let him recover after that.

Get another 1-2dorans on first b and keep auto attacking the wave. You sustain more than gragas can deal out by simply auto attacking the wave

DeadNames

Banned
So what do you guys think of lmq? Are they immoral for going to NA for a free pass to worlds?

I've seen some discussion about it and was eager to hear what GAF had to say.

So what do you guys think of lmq? Are they immoral for going to NA for a free pass to worlds?

If NA gives a team like LMQ a free pass to worlds they don't deserve to be in worlds in the first place.

BaronReplays was still okay after all. One of the latest updates reset the region which explains the error messages where it can't find the ID.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I mean they might not even be at the top of the standings. I don't really see how it's a free pass.

I thought there was a level restriction with team builder. Randomly checked one teammate who turned out to be a legit Lv14. Promptly left.

I guess ._. I just dislike ARAM because how random it is. :E And have no experience in Dominion at all!
Dominion isn't really too difficult. The 'trick' is to focus on keeping your towers secure (rather than endlessly chasing for kills) once you've obtained three of them, and when to use Revive in order to defend or help capture a vulnerable tower. Don't be like the majority of the players who use one charge immediatedly when they die during their very first skirmish at the top of the map. Garrison is also a strong yet underrated summoner spell when you're a tanky initiator like Alistar; it'll interrupt tower channels, it speeds up the tower's regeneration and the damage of a tower gets noticeably increased / decreased depending on whether you use it on one of your own or one of the enemy's.

There's also a temporary self-buff in the middle of the map that spawns periodically, but too many players go fetch it at the worst possible times (like when multiple enemies are about to capture a tower) and it's not worth picking up if you can't dish out the damage. And don't forget about collecting the sigils when low on health / mana: especially handy for those moments when you're uncertain whether or not you should stick around to defend.

Tizoc

Was playing as Jungle Warwick, our bot was Lucian+Leona, top was Trynda and mid was Fizz.
We were actually ahead on kills, but our Leona kept getting frustrated when dieing and even said to go afk. I tried to cheer them up on that we were winning, but that didn't seem to work :p
We won in the end though.

Support Teemo. Yeah I'm alright with that. Game starts and he admits he's still uploading 4 videos so he's lagging and just AFK'd for like 25 mins.
"Why not pause?" "Cant its important sorry"
"Why bother queueing?" "It's fun, common sense duh".

Mid Yasuo getting completely dumpstered by mid Eve + jungle Sona. Like 1/14 dumpstered. 1/4 surrenders until the last 5 mins of the game.

ibwX9EJI3jHAq5.gif

Enough League for tonight.

No one plays him in gold because he's useless once a team buys banshees but in bronze, nobody buys defensive items and never buy advanced sweepers so he's super easy to win with at that elo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom