• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Even the games I win are full of toxic assholes. This fiora raged at us all game cause she lost lane to a tp malphite. She kept getting caught randomly in the enemy jungle and I asked her to group because we need her Ult with galio....in response she says afk.
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1470007030/51376537

We all had to beg her to play while defending mid inhib tower which felt like shit. Reported her after.
On the bright side the nami carry is strong. So many flash bubbles landed, stuns cleansed and long range ults for rengar and fiora to catch.
I really dislike playing against good Nami players that hit nearly every bubble.

About even winning players complaining, I had to go support today so I picked Braum. I had a Jinx (champion without an escape) who was almost eternally on the front line, all game, while I ran to try to get in front of them, or begged in chat to PLEASE stand behind the mustache. Let mustache protect you. I am here to help.

It seemed like each time the Jinx would die, they would complain about something. Lucian so OP! Morgana so OP! That 3-second snare so OP! (Those were the reasons I was begging them to stay behind me, or at least behind minions)

After the game, when we had won, they said that Lucian and Morgana were OP, but at least Braum is also OP.

nArsPe5.jpg

ori thought that it was gg when they were 2 kills up on us.
2 minutes later i get a doublekill top against rengar and wukong.

Sofo

Thanks for the tips on taking a break from Summoner's Rift! Got to try Blitzcrank at an ARAM yesterday and enjoyed it so much! Compared to Leona and Thresh, that have similar mechanics but don't get the joy of safety, picking people with the Q was so much fun...! Definitely will buy it to have a bit of a wider repertoire. Also I don't think the other team really understood how dangerous I was to be allowed to be near o.o/

wVcQ15B.png

I think that build I use is pretty bad? I was going for Tank/AP but idk, kinda got that Banshee's just because Kog, but still I think I could have spared myself from it.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the tips on taking a break from Summoner's Rift! Got to try Blitzcrank at an ARAM yesterday and enjoyed it so much! Compared to Leona and Thresh, that have similar mechanics but don't get the joy of safety, picking people with the Q was so much fun...! Definitely will buy it to have a bit of a wider repertoire. Also I don't think the other team really understood how dangerous I was to be allowed to be near o.o/

I think that build I use is pretty bad? I was going for Tank/AP but idk, kinda got that Banshee's just because Kog, but still I think I could have spared myself from it.
Just a heads up, you usually only want to unlock champions with IP, especially if they are less than 6300 like Blitzcrank. :) RP is used for skins.

Blitzcrank is fun, but can be tough to use in Summoner's Rift. The grab is very powerful as you noticed, but it can be easy to either completely miss (your teammates will get mad), or grab some tank like Amumu into your team (your teammates will also get mad).

You are probably okay for now just getting the recommended core items on the item page, and picking things from the offense/defense categories as needed. Have fun!

Sofo

Just a heads up, you usually only want to unlock champions with IP, especially if they are less than 6300 like Blitzcrank. :) RP is used for skins.

Blitzcrank is fun, but can be tough to use in Summoner's Rift. The grab is very powerful as you noticed, but it can be easy to either completely miss (your teammates will get mad), or grab some tank like Amumu into your team (your teammates will also get mad).

You are probably okay for now just getting the recommended core items on the item page, and picking things from the offense/defense categories as needed. Have fun!

Oh yes definitely, I meant with IPs! I have like 400 RPs (I think I've had them since the start) and I'm saving them in case there's a really nice skin on sale. What I actually liked from hook is that it doesn't endange you at all @_@ I can see why grabbing an Amumu with ult could be so devastating, I didn't think of that, ty!

ALN1031

How do you ADC mains usually deal with orb walking while having high attack speed? I can orb walk perfectly fine around 1.0 attack speed, but my hand's misclicking at around 1.7. Been practicing my kiting mechanics as ADC in customs and such. Btw, I can do all attack speeds fine with attack move, it's just the manual one that you have to do around minions/teamfight that I'm having trouble with.

Newt

How do you ADC mains usually deal with orb walking while having high attack speed? I can orb walk perfectly fine around 1.0 attack speed, but my hand's misclicking at around 1.7. Been practicing my kiting mechanics as ADC in customs and such. Btw, I can do all attack speeds fine with attack move, it's just the manual one that you have to do around minions/teamfight that I'm having trouble with.
Oh, saw that you use attack move.

You should just use it all the time tbh.

ALN1031

Do you use attack move? It's really easy with attack move.

Yeah, I can do it extremely well with attack move, but attack move doesn't work in all situations, if I spam with 2 guys on me for example, I will end up hitting a mix of both instead of focusing one down, and to hell with attack move if there's minions nearby.

EDIT: Oh, you edited. Well... this is awkward.

Oh, saw that you use attack move.

You should just use it all the time tbh.

Hmm, you mean use attack move all the time? Won't that really mess up if I'm near minions?

Newt

Yeah, I can do it extremely well with attack move, but attack move doesn't work in all situations, if I spam with 2 guys on me for example, I will end up hitting a mix of both instead of focusing one down, and to hell with attack move if there's minions nearby.
Just use attack move directly on the target you want. That's how it prioritizes.

Holy fuck that shyvana was tanky. I'm glad I didn't pick Sona into that shit. She would have straight up murdered us.

WTF IT CHANGES SHYVANA TO SHYQUANA IN MY AUTOCORRECT NOW

Newt

Holy fuck that shyvana was tanky. I'm glad I didn't pick Sona into that shit. She would have straight up murdered us.

WTF IT CHANGES SHYVANA TO SHYQUANA IN MY AUTOCORRECT NOW
Kinda feel bad, that Shyvanna deserved the win, and would've got it for sure if I wasn't smurfing. So dumb how riot implemented that 1 division system.

Shyv was plat so it was sort of weird. Still she shat all over Akali like she was a toilet bowl and if it wasn't for mikaels/blade/ebbnflow she probably could have stalled the game out. Maybe even carried a win.

Too bad the bot, mid and jungler positioned so poorly.

zkylon

zkylewd
also on that ranked teams their bronze 5 akali ended up lower level than our thresh

i checked their match history and they still get carried by that diamond most games

i think riot should be enforcing the same shit as in solo queue for ranked 5s. it makes games a lot less stupid (for instance that game was a stomp except for bot lane) and disallows for idiots like that varus from carrying their shit friends to free gold skins

Just use attack move directly on the target you want. That's how it prioritizes.

didn't know this

so like if i a+click near the guy i'm trying to hit it's basically the same as clicking him?

it won't just autoattack that ward or minion that's next to me?

Blizzard

Banned
didn't know this

so like if i a+click near the guy i'm trying to hit it's basically the same as clicking him?

it won't just autoattack that ward or minion that's next to me?
If you a+click exactly on an enemy, I think it will attack that enemy. Pressing a and then hovering your mouse over an enemy should show a different cursor color (red?) to let you know it's going to work.

If you a+click NEAR an enemy then I'm guessing it will attack whatever is nearest your champion as your champion moves towards the clicked point.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's not just one game either

there's been a lot of games where it's just like a diamond with a bunch of silvers and golds and bronzes or whatever

like, we won many of those games anyways since the other players are impossible to carry but still, it's never too entertaining to play against these people

If u want to focus something u got to click it.

same as starcraft or dota or any rts.
yea, i'll just keep attacking wards or whatever, i play mid anyways, no need to learn fancy stuff like clicking who i want to shoot at

you know until the day they make you capable of cassio e'ing with attack move

Blizzard

Banned
i checked their match history and they still get carried by that diamond most games

i think riot should be enforcing the same shit as in solo queue for ranked 5s. it makes games a lot less stupid (for instance that game was a stomp except for bot lane) and disallows for idiots like that varus from carrying their shit friends to free gold skins
Isn't the whole point of the ward skins to be from casual ranked games and not serious-business stuff? Finding people dedicated to playing enough ranked team games anyway is hard enough. The teams I got on either didn't play a game in one case, and went idle after 2 games in the other case.

And what's wrong with high-level friends carrying friends to free ward skins? Hasn't Lord Newt, for example, been vocal about that exact thing -- playing with friends to help them get to higher rankings, and smurfing when the rankings are too different to let him do it?

Like, if people are friends and want to play together for a ward skin, I don't see the problem.

Newt

also on that ranked teams their bronze 5 akali ended up lower level than our thresh

Ehh, every on the NA GAF team is either Dia or Plat, but I wouldn't really wanna enforce the division thing.

Just bought Braum. Oh god so many shields

y4plnxX.png

Nearly lost early in the game but somehow kept winning teamfights and I have no idea how it happens.

zkylon

zkylewd
Isn't the whole point of the ward skins to be from casual ranked games and not serious-business stuff? Finding people dedicated to playing enough ranked team games anyway is hard enough. The teams I got on either didn't play a game in one case, and went idle after 2 games in the other case.

And what's wrong with high-level friends carrying friends to free ward skins? Hasn't Lord Newt, for example, been vocal about that exact thing -- playing with friends to help them get to higher rankings, and smurfing when the rankings are too different to let him do it?

Like, if people are friends and want to play together for a ward skin, I don't see the problem.
Ehh, every on the NA GAF team is either Dia or Plat, but I wouldn't really wanna enforce the division thing.
it just happens often enough that you're robbed of decent ranked games. like the reason i play ranked teams is to get away from shitty normals so playing against depressingly terrible bronze players is funny for a second but like it gets old pretty fast and it must not be much fun for em either (i don't really care for this tho, if you're getting elo boosted fuck yourself)

also having people get victorious skins for free out of playing with their diamond players just cheapens the value of getting gold for everyone, and like this peaked pretty hard after they did that limit thing on duo queue so yea, it's just bullshit

like i just want good games

6300ip

No idea who I want to buy.

E4Yuf06.png

Do your job gaf and tell me what to do..

so many fun champions i like in gray

lizzy, lux, jinx, elise, syndra, lebonk (she's kinda shit right now but still), mf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom