• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
A few oddities:

1. I might have asked about this a while back and I don't remember a response: Is there something that makes BOTRK and the small version not trigger sometimes? More than any other active item, those seem to give me grief where I press the button THINKING I'm in range to smartcast it on a champion, but it doesn't go on cooldown. Does it get cancelled if you use an attack or another ability?
  2. Has anyone else been getting a lot of bot friend requests recently? I keep having random names adding me and I'm almost certain it's bots or elo boosters or something. There are more than usual in the last few days.
  3. I went on a big losing streak today. At 0 LP Silver V, it might be my first time in bronze tonight if I keep playing, yikes!
  4. Newt, you said you were going to draft Gleeb if Lemon failed. Did Lemon do well enough you decided not to?
  5. Funny story, I think I briefly had KEITHMCBRIEF on my fantasy backup roster in a previous week before I realized he wasn't actually playing. If only I'd kept him there, psychically realizing Piglet would get benched!

I'm at 0 LP in Silver V. I've lost once there already. I'm going to slip to Bronze tonight, I just know it.

fuck that. time for a break. you might be on tilt and don't realize it. take a break, play some non-ranked or play a different game entirely. recharge and go back in again later.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
After 2 losses in a row, just stop playing for awhile. Chances are the losses are going to keep coming if you don't.

Jeff-DSA

Zyra gave me a win. Praise the plant.

Edit:

Zyra gave me another win. Had a FILTHY quadra kill where I flashed forward, rooted 4 guys, dropped an ult, seeds and Q. They all died at the same time.

Blizzard

Banned
5 win streak into a 5 loss streak.

Just like the last time I instantly got demoted from diamond 4. God damn it.
I'm not seeing a 5 loss streak. I see 3 losses and 2 losses, with a 15/3/16 Vi win in between. Also, if lolking is at all accurate, it's showing 6 matches in 4 hours for you. That's maybe 10 minutes of down time per match.

Which leads into...
fuck that. time for a break. you might be on tilt and don't realize it. take a break, play some non-ranked or play a different game entirely. recharge and go back in again later.
After 2 losses in a row, just stop playing for awhile. Chances are the losses are going to keep coming if you don't.
After the first 2 or 3 in that streak, might as well take a break for a few hours. It might not be worth the toll on your time, sanity, and LP. :(

Nekofrog

Banned
R5kFPLM.png

one more win for an entire wall of (ranked) green

went over a week without being able to actually play due to a mouse dying, and then getting a replacement mouse i hated and having to wait for a new version of my old mouse

Jeff-DSA

must be doing bronze to diamond

I was beating him in lane. He even typed out "GG" at one point, and then my dumb team turned into a buffet for him and threw the game. We were up 11-3 and then everybody felt like they should try to 1v1 Kalista until she was a beast.

Obviously a purchased account though.

It's hard enough getting out of silver without these morons wrecking matches. I've ran into so many boosters/smurfs this season.

cHinzo

because rito nerfed her when they shouldn't have
I know u loved her, but her stun width was ridiculous. It got overnerfed though. Now it's smaller than her animations (pre-nerf it was way wider than her animations), but they gonna fix it next patch.

zkylon

zkylewd
I know u loved her, but her stun width was ridiculous. It got overnerfed though. Now it's smaller than her animations (pre-nerf it was way wider than her animations), but they gonna fix it next patch.
way overnerfed, specially when headhunter nidalee spears still go through minions and morgana binging is fatter than sion. i barely use steel legion lux anymore because i feel guilty about her bullshitty q hitbox.

and q nerf was dumb

Newt

They definitely didn't nerf her correctly. They should have slaughtered her ult damage and left her q damage as normal.

The map and changes just killed it for me. I dunno what's going on. Why am I not playing anymore? Ever since the season ended I stopped for a couple months and then the map changes and the tons of other changes and new champs. I just can't. I loved playing my regular ole LoL ranked with the regular map and no changes with my TF. I played about 2-3 games a night and that was it, on to the next day and more adventures with TF. Now I have no desire to play. Why? Where did it go?

zkylon

zkylewd
all i'm asking of rito is a 120 ap item, the next lux skin to not be total shit and a personal apology from morello and ghostcrawler

The map and changes just killed it for me. I dunno what's going on. Why am I not playing anymore? Ever since the season ended I stopped for a couple months and then the map changes and the tons of other changes and new champs. I just can't. I loved playing my regular ole LoL ranked with the regular map and no changes with my TF. I played about 2-3 games a night and that was it, on to the next day and more adventures with TF. Now I have no desire to play. Why? Where did it go?
the legendary ad tf is still deep inside you

he's calling out for you

all i'm asking of rito is a 120 ap item, the next lux skin to not be total shit and a personal apology from morello and ghostcrawler

the legendary ad tf is still deep inside you

he's calling out for you

I've said this before but fuk it I'll say it again. There is not a better feeling in this game than dominating a match with ad tf. Nothing comes close. I've put in thousands of matches, I own like 120 champs, and I can say without a doubt in my mind the last 500 matches with my tf have been more fun than anything else in the game. It NEVER. GETS. BORING. It just doesn't.

the attack speed
the 5 second cooldown stun that lasts an hour
the auto attack sound
the epic map wide ult assassinations
the shiv proc
racking up 15-20+ kills like butter
mastering his range and knowing when to engage

He became an extension of me. I never felt more in tune with a video game then when I play my tf in league. I know that sounds like I'm trolling but I'm not. There is no better satisfaction, more rewarding feeling, more FUN, more excitement, in league of legends than my tf.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i'll start seriously playing anivia. maybe actually follow the advice and also pick up cassi. they're two champions i've had mild success with and that are kind of different from the ones i play since they actually take a lot of skill to do good in lane with.

can't think of many other interesting mids to play

subtles

Played Xerath for the first(?) time and I infinitely prefer Ziggs from what I've seen so far. I may warm up to him, but he feels like an inferior version due to the pressure I can't exert without overreaching. (i.e gameplay feels a lot more boring/less dynamic imo)

The worst part of playing on a new account is the lack of skins ;_;

well your taste is terrible :p

I love danganronpa

way too easy/obvious
mini games are horrible
terribly written, makes no sense at all

i figured out each case in like 30 seconds and then had to do 'investigation' and trials for 2 hours in which they make sure that even a hamster would come to the right solution. it's way to easy for adults and way to brutal for kids as a 'your first visual novel' type of thing, no idea what their target audience was.

only case 2 is somewhat decent, the rest is bad-mediocre and the ending is just incoherent rambling.

Edwardo

Played Xerath for the first(?) time and I infinitely prefer Ziggs from what I've seen so far. I may warm up to him, but he feels like an inferior version due to the pressure I can't exert without overreaching. (i.e gameplay feels a lot more boring/less dynamic imo)

The worst part of playing on a new account is the lack of skins ;_;

Yeah I always liked Ziggs. It's probably because he was the first midlaner that I learned when I started playing again at the beginning of Season 3. I've tried Xerath, but he's just kind of bleh.

Sande

that would be pretty bad imo, katarina's kit is all about doing aoe damage in teamfights so she can get the resets

teh thing to change about kat is making some of her damage dodgeable and some of her kit fuckapable, so she actually takes some skill to play and a bit enjoyable to play against
I was just entertaining the thought of making her more of a single target burster instead of a team deleter. I agree that some other changes would probably be far better.

so you are seriously suggesting that katarina's ult deal 1125+375%AP+562%bonus AD to a single target?
No. I said that her ult damage would be reduced by 15% (and on a second thought 20% would be better). She would do 127,5% (of the damage she currently deals) to a single target, 95,625% to 2 targets and 85% to 3 targets. With 20% that would be 120%, 90% and 80%. And these are just numbers I'm throwing around after thinking about them for half a minute, not precise patch suggestions.

Jeff-DSA

Guys, I don't know how to play with low elo players. I just can't do it. I get frustrated that I'm the only person warding. I get annoyed that 2 people will pursue an enemy across the entire jungle, ignoring pings to come back, only to get picked by the other team. I can't stand that we can have these massive leads and then just blow it all by not grouping up. I don't know why it's always my team. I can't win anymore.

I get that the most common element in all of my games is me, so you don't need to tell me that.

I honestly haven't enjoyed League since I was in gold. I don't think that I have the skill to get back. Yeah, I did it last season, but it was riding on a broken Lucian freelo train. I don't think I can do it now.

I play so much better at gold. Maybe I'm not the type of person that can carry, but I can play up to my competition well. I went toe to toe with that elo booster last night and was beating him soundly. We had that game won, but I don't know how to keep my team out of trouble.

Maybe I need to switch to the hyper carry champs or whatever. You can get way ahead with Miss Fortune, but can you carry scrubs? Maybe that lead means more with a Jinx or (barf) Vayne.

I don't know what to do. Quit? Feels like I should.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Guys, I don't know how to play with low elo players. I just can't do it. I get frustrated that I'm the only person warding. I get annoyed that 2 people will pursue an enemy across the entire jungle, ignoring pings to come back, only to get picked by the other team. I can't stand that we can have these massive leads and then just blow it all by not grouping up. I don't know why it's always my team. I can't win anymore.

I get that the most common element in all of my games is me, so you don't need to tell me that.

I honestly haven't enjoyed League since I was in gold. I don't think that I have the skill to get back. Yeah, I did it last season, but it was riding on a broken Lucian freelo train. I don't think I can do it now.

I play so much better at gold. Maybe I'm not the type of person that can carry, but I can play up to my competition well. I went toe to toe with that elo booster last night and was beating him soundly. We had that game won, but I don't know how to keep my team out of trouble.

Maybe I need to switch to the hyper carry champs or whatever. You can get way ahead with Miss Fortune, but can you carry scrubs? Maybe that lead means more with a Jinx or (barf) Vayne.

Hope this helps

Was Gold V last season, but I'm now sitting at Silver IV 60LP. I see people doing stupid things all the time, but the only reason I'm not frustrated is that I know I will eventually go on 30-0 streak with Leona at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom