• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

Oh boy. Teambuilder is gonna be swamped. Hopefully they put it out this weekend so I can have lots of time to play around on it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
not yet. They have an AMA today, so I assume it'll either be tonight or some time early next week. Maybe when the season ends on Monday night
i'm expecting monday night, personally.

but id be happy to be surprised.

--

did the nocturne speed buff make it to live? i wanted to try top nocturne with it.

Sofo

I might've missed it but is Janna free this week? Will go bot supp as her in TB

Zyra and Blitz are currently the supports on free week!

Do you guys that use Zyra as support, what runes do you use? Masteries? I might give her a spin while it's on free rotato.

time for round 2...

ceEWwwq.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

Do you guys that use Zyra as support, what runes do you use? Masteries? I might give her a spin while it's on free rotato.

mpen reds
ap quints
armour yellows
mr or cdr blues

21/6/3

I run armor reds and yellows, MR blues and AP quints, 21/9/0 masteries

I also play like a lobotomized chinchilla and go full AP aside from Sightstone so you should probably listen to Panda instead.

Ocho

Just got drop hacked in a fucking Team Builder match. We win two teamfights in row that turned the whole match around and suddenly everyone on my team is d/c'ing non-stop and not a single one of their players has issue. Fucking assholes. We're a mix of bronze and unranked players and they're a mix of gold and silvers. Little fucking shits.

I don't think that is how drop hacking works.

I can't believe people actually think vaccines can cause seizures and autism.
It's even more surprising that it seems to be a big issue in the US. I just watch people in the internet trying to stop this bullshit misinformation from spreading and I'm like "why in the bloody fuck does this need to be said? what kind of stupid fuck would actually believe vaccines do that?'

Bacon

It's even more surprising that it seems to be a big issue in the US. I just watch people in the internet trying to stop this bullshit misinformation from spreading and I'm like "why in the bloody fuck does this need to be said? what kind of stupid fuck would actually believe vaccines do that?'

The logic is that they don't want to believe that their gene's could have caused their offspring to have these conditions. Obviously it's deeply flawed logic but I believe that to be the driving factor.

The logic is that they don't want to believe that their gene's could have caused their offspring to have these conditions. Obviously it's deeply flawed logic but I believe that to be the driving factor.
Any "logic" can go fuck itself when parents would rather their kids die of smallpox than having autism.

Talents

Banned
How come everything goes to hell right when about to get into promos

I know that feel. I was in a promo game yesterday and we had this guy who begged to go mid so we let him. He picks fizz and the game starts, the first thing he says is "Can Xerath aim his Q?" At that point I'm pretty sure the entire team knows he's gonna feed. Level 1 or 2 he ends up dying to Xerath and as soon as he gets back into lane he dies again, he's like level 3 when Xerath is 6. Somehow the Fizz was Platinum. No idea how he got to plat unless he got boosted.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1810195098/32532368

Blizzard

Banned
Any "logic" can go fuck itself when parents would rather their kids die of smallpox than having autism.

Well, I don't blame the parents too much. Autism can be super severe.

But yeah, lack of education on how vaccinations work isn't good.
I think I know what you mean, but given the post you replied to, it sounds like you're implying dying of smallpox is NOT "super severe"? Presumably you mean you don't blame parents for thinking the risk of a child dying of smallpox is smaller than a perceived risk of autism?

About League itself, do people like the Sona changes because they nerf the Q, or because they increase the W healing? I feel as though for a time, Sona was very rare -- weak and easy to kill. Is she extremely popular in competitive and high rank levels again?

Does the UK have crappy ISP monopolies like Canada and the US do?

I don't live in the UK

I live in Ireland

we have worse internet

also...

Kae83fF.jpg

every lane got murdered

but we won

it all started when I stole a baron. then we won another fight and got 2 inhibs. and then we were losing a fight bot but winions won it for us

solo q. man.

garath

I don't live in the UK

I live in Ireland

we have worse internet

also...

Kae83fF.jpg

every lane got murdered

but we won

it all started when I stole a baron. then we won another fight and got 2 inhibs. and then we were losing a fight bot but winions won it for us

solo q. man.

One more. One more.

Opiate

Well, I don't blame the parents too much. Autism can be super severe.

But yeah, lack of education on how vaccinations work isn't good.

It's not a lack of education. People who believe vaccines cause autism are almost never people who see the studies which show it doesn't and then say "Oh, I was wrong. Good to know!"

The belief is primarily driven by emotion, not (a lack of) knowledge. If you're a parent that learns that your child has a terrible disability that will make raising them even more challenging and that your child will never have a normal life, you want an explanation, or a cause, or someone to blame.

The real answer is that sometimes awful things happen for no reason and no one is to blame and there is nothing you can do about it. It's an awful, terrible truth, and I can understand why some parents simply can't cope with that reality.

You're not going to solve what is at its core an emotional problem with logic and evidence.

Newt

It's not a lack of education. People who believe vaccines cause autism are almost never people who see the studies which show it doesn't and then say "Oh, I was wrong. Good to know!"

It's driven by emotion, not knowledge. If you're a parent that learns that your child has a terrible disability that will make raising them even more challenging and that they will never have a normal life, you desperately want someone to blame. You want a cause or a reason.

The real answer is that sometimes awful things happen for no reason and no one is to blame and there is nothing you can do about it. It's an awful, terrible truth, and I can understand why some parents simply can't cope with that reality.

You're not going to solve an emotional problem with logic and evidence.
I dunno man. Ask the average citizen in the US or Canada the biological mechanism of how vaccinations work and only a few would be able to give a coherent answer.

Opiate
Depressingly Realistic
It's a really sad truth. People like that don't understand how vaccines work but don't try to understand either. They'll keep spewing the same Martha Stewart-fueled bullshit about mercury while screwing up herd immunity. They just want to point fingers.
I'll spectate and stream the next (last?) game!

http://www.twitch.tv/speuler

It's up now, right in the beginning of the game. I usually never stream but hopefully the settings are ok.
Those trades down bot, Costy is going ham

Jeff-DSA

Man, Blitzcrank is supremely annoying. Leveling up a smurf when Blitzcrank is free is brutal. Unless you take him yourself, you're going to watch your teammates get hooked over and over and over and over and over and over.

I even was playing support last night and after our ADC got hooked/killed for the third time he said, "Annie, you're supposed to take that!" I told him to stay behind minions, and that nobody is supposed to take the hook. It's everybody's job to dodge or avoid it. He then raged the rest of the match, never stopped getting grabbed, and neither did the rest of the team.

Playing Annie into Blitz is pretty fun once you're fed though. He hooks you into the team and you don't even have to burn your flash to stun/Tibbers them.

Opiate

I dunno man. Ask the average citizen in the US or Canada the biological mechanism of how vaccinations work and only a few would be able to give a coherent answer.

I understand. I agree, many people are ignorant. What I'm suggesting is that for many people, informing them of the truth doesn't magically make their beliefs go away.

There's a mountain of evidence which shows that people reach conclusions first, and then adjust their reasoning to fit that conclusion, rather than the other way around. Those initial conclusions are typically a result of emotional impulses.

It's not a lack of education any more than American obesity is a consequence of people being unaware that McDonalds is bad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom