• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

I understand. I agree, many people are ignorant. What I'm suggesting is that for many people, informing them of the truth doesn't magically make their beliefs go away.

There's a mountain of evidence which shows that people reach conclusions first, and then adjust their reasoning to fit that conclusion, rather than the other way around. Those initial conclusions are typically a result of emotional impulses.

It's not a lack of education any more than American obesity is a consequence of people being unaware that McDonalds is bad for you.
Yeah, I can agree with that.

Opiate

The extreme examples are people like young earth creationists or global warming deniers, who can be shown giant reams of evidence that just seem to slide off of them. It just makes no effect. They create elaborate, self contained conspiracy theories to prop up their position; climatologists are engaging in a massive conspiracy, for instance, or God made the earth to look just as if it were billions of years old, but really it's not.

Now imagine that most people aren't that extreme, but do many of the same things to notably lesser degrees. I'm sure I do it sometimes. We find ways to argue with inconvenient facts we don't like on an emotional level. We find ways to ignore evidence that doesn't suit our worldview.

I'm not suggesting that getting the facts out there is useless and that we should stop, I'm just saying that we account for human nature at the same time. The human brain is not some perfectly rational, reasonable instrument. Especially in an emotionally charged environment -- like a discussion of autism with parents of autistic children -- I think we need to expect that most human brains will be driven by emotional needs first, with logic serving as a slave, not a master.

that game was sad

that trynd...
350x700px-ll-5a2dc3bsas4u.jpeg

I ask for your forgiveness on behalf of all non-dick FoTM Rivens in the world

all around it was a pretty bad game. My usual support had to mid cos our Soraka wanted mid. the soraka was afk most of champ select so i had to take exhaust instead of heal

I was calling dragons and stuff but you probably saw Lee just farming red and wraiths, then take a blind Q into the enemy team

they kept us there for ages and that allowed trynd to split.

the riven didn't know where she had to be. We also had no pressure in lane because We had soraka against Ez and Taric.

Newt

all around it was a pretty bad game. My usual support had to mid cos our Soraka wanted mid. the soraka was afk most of champ select so i had to take exhaust instead of heal

I was calling dragons and stuff but you probably saw Lee just farming red and wraiths, then take a blind Q into the enemy team

they kept us there for ages and that allowed trynd to split.

the riven didn't know where she had to be. We also had no pressure in lane because We had soraka against Ez and Taric.
Soraka can put pressure, it‘s just that you guys had a really bad trade early on.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Nice! Thanks guys. Do you guys upgrade to Frost Queen right after sighstone/boots or leave it for last?
Yes, the frost upgrade is very good because if your adc is a shitter you can start farming without losing stacks.

also the slow is good for keeping people inside your ult.

Exploring other junglers again, but on blind pick because I can't get any game on Team Builder at this time.

Nautilus: Curbstomped. Got really fed dunno what to buy so I was thinking of either Wits or Gauntlet. Decided on latter since it's still safer.

Fiddlesticks: super sad pick against a team of Vayne, Thresh, Sion, Riven and Leblanc. I should also stop right clicking while I'm draining.

Amumu: I completely regret my experimental decision to buy Golem instead of Wraith and maxing RWEQ. I know I didn't start having mana issues with Wraith + spamming maxed E before.

I don't like these.

The Kat nerf is pretty big. Her level 6 power spike must be too good.

The Rammus nerf looks fine. The Q cooldown nerf will slow his ganks, and the taunt duration wasn't touched.

I guess fixing the range of Sona's Q was too good. There were probably too many Sona players running AP and buffing W encourages her support side.

Blizzard

Banned
In case it got buried in the vaccine comments, is Sona incredibly popular in competitive/high-level ranked now, that they would want to nerf Q? I thought if anything, she was weak for a while, and easy to kill for champions who could get to her.

Of course I've seen mention of Thresh nerfs changing things around a bit, e.g. Blitzcrank being more favored, so maybe change affected things.

I don't know if I'm imagining it, but the last patch brought back the delay in Sona's Power Chord again. Like if I'm in W stance then Q->AA quickly, I'll fire off a W Power Chord. Soon after the fix to the range of her Q, I could fire Q Power Chords after stance change quite easily. Now I have to intentionally wait around 0.5s after stance change.

Jeff-DSA

The Kat nerf is pretty big. Her level 6 power spike must be too good.

The Rammus nerf looks fine. The Q cooldown nerf will slow his ganks, and the taunt duration wasn't touched.

I guess fixing the range of Sona's Q was too good. There were probably too many Sona players running AP and buffing W encourages her support side.

I don't like the Katarina nerf. They always talk about counter play, and she has one of the most easily countered ults in the entire game. It has to do major damage, because it can be interrupted with very little skill and a lot of different ways.

If you pick a team without CC or an interrupt against Kat, you deserve to get wrecked by her ult.

Just last night I took Amumu to counter Katarina. She was totally worthless in team fights.

If your team tries to do baron for no reason, just ping back the shit out of them.

Yeah, it was the Wukong. he had no idea how important objectives are

we lost a drag at one point because he went top to get the last hit on a riven

the objective control was so bad and he was so toxic.

Ocho

I may start streaming my late night games with Newt aka being 4 man bot lane camped. I have everything to stream perfectly, so why not. Also, mad skillz bro.

Our Ziggs was also awful. Like so heavy and the Nasus didn't create any pressure top. He was freezing lanes instead of pushing towers and he played team fights really poorly.

Sofo

Yes, the frost upgrade is very good because if your adc is a shitter you can start farming without losing stacks.

also the slow is good for keeping people inside your ult.

Thought so! I tend to do that on Annie but I was just unsure about it since today I saw Annie Bot playing support Annie and not upgrading (kept GP to basic) but I guess it was because he got really fed (even a Quadra) or maybe because of different build paths?

Thanks a lot for the tips btw!

I guess Riot wont touch Sona's E right?

Why did they omited that but nerfed her Q and increased her W but never look at E short radius.

Edwardo

IDK I never really had a problem vs him before. For the longest time I'd see the enemy picked Blitz and i'd be like "oh nice, this should be easy." Maybe im just extra anxious because I've been trying to get into gold.

Newt

IDK I never really had a problem vs him before. For the longest time I'd see the enemy picked Blitz and i'd be like "oh nice, this should be easy." Maybe im just extra anxious because I've been trying to get into gold.
No, he‘s strong atm. Learn Sivir/Leona asap.

drawkcaB

I guess Riot wont touch Sona's E right?

Why did they omited that but nerfed her Q and increased her W but never look at E short radius.

Is Q really a nerf? 0.05AP ratio on a champion who in 99% of game doesn't even get any considerable amount of AP seems pretty meaningless. She's still strong.

So thanks to Negaduck helping me with Gnar I had some good matches yesterday even though I lost both. Felt better playing althought I'm still too timid whenever the opposing laner applies pressure and I had a few solid TPs and a pair of killer ults that turned teamfights completely around. Gonna play ~5 or so more Gnar matches and then move on to Sion and maybe Maokai.

jerd

What's the verdict on Sion? I tried him a couple of times and struggled to be productive but I've played with others who have done much better.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What's the verdict on Sion? I tried him a couple of times and struggled to be productive but I've played with others who have done much better.
He's pretty bad in lane. Slightly below average jungler.

Is Q really a nerf? 0.05AP ratio on a champion who in 99% of game doesn't even get any considerable amount of AP seems pretty meaningless. She's still strong.

She is a monster in early levels and keep the enemy adc at bay with her new poke kit as intended but poor bot lane I guess, its not like Zilean can double that damage or other supps that can non stop CC you or gives full inminity to their adc. I feel confused how Riot wants her stay passive with her offensive new mechanics,

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
His success depends a lot on his ult. I get sad when I whiff that shit.
I think my problem with Sion's ult is that it's super unreliable, has a decently long cooldown, and is massively less powerful than other bruiser ultimates (i.e. J4, Pantheon, Wukong, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom