• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
MF has to be on the list for a gameplay update, right?

I don't have the full list in front of me, but isn't she like the only immobile ADC that isn't either a late game hypercarry (ala Jinx/Trist/Kog) or a champ that brings great utility/teamfight presence (Sivir/Urgod/Ashe/Varus)? Granted, I don't really play her but she's in a really weird spot right now.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
stfu u dont ever accept my invites.

the adc nerfs arent even that bad lol.

I haven't played in 2 months
2Z4KqDF.png

Nekofrog

Banned
MF has to be on the list for a gameplay update, right?

I don't have the full list in front of me, but isn't she like the only immobile ADC that isn't either a late game hypercarry (ala Jinx/Trist/Kog) or a champ that brings great utility/teamfight presence (Sivir/Urgod/Ashe/Varus)? Granted, I don't really play her but she's in a really weird spot right now.

i think one of MF's reasons for being immobile is that she's such a strong lane bully that she can nullify an enemy ADC entirely while still being a moderate damage dealer mid/late

the problem comes now with the meta shift to hyper tank initiators which nullifies her existence period

unless she gets like 6 kills in 15 minutes and goes IE/triforce then gg idc how tanky you are lategame because you won't get to late

garath

Oh fuck right off with those Jinx nerfs. She might need something but digging down those old, terrible ult nerfs that make her ult do no damage point blank is not the way to go.

Also why the fuck is Graves getting compensatory shit but she isn't, specially when he's a much bigger and dumber problem?

I generally tend to agree with you across the board. This is no different. I was about to say almost exactly this. This is a massive Nerf to jinx. 25 damage for an ult at level 6? What smoke are they cracking? I don't know the distance scaling off the top of my head but at what range does it do even more than an auto attack? I'd understand if there was no windup or something but its a big delay to knock off that ult. What I'd much rather see is maybe a missle width/explosion radius nerf at close range. Widen it as it travels. Given the windup it would be a lot easier to dodge the point blank ones but still reward the use of it.

Bungie's

yea weird jinx nerfs, shell probably still be a strong pick in solo q though. what makes her strong is her aoe rockets and passive.

Jeff-DSA

Maybe they could at least give Jinx's ult at short range some sort of slow/stun that doesn't apply at the increased range/damage. Because with those nerfs you're better off not using the stupid ult and letting yourself die so you can fire it from the fountain when you respawn. If damage was really an issue, at least give her some utility.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
if you need to educate yourself on why jinx rocket does a lot of damage look at the scaling on it, notably the hp% damage: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Jinx

if you're whining that the most played adc who also has the highest win rate in the game is getting a nerf i dunno what to tell you. the ult fires off too fast and is too useful close range, leaving jinx without the close range weakness she should have. jinx is strong in lane and at six, and then scales into one of if not the best late game carry. this is balanced how?

Fracas

#fuckonami
This probably isn't the best time to mention it but I decided to play Jinx and somehow got a penta lol

i dont know what happened

zkylon

zkylewd
well having a patch today almost guarantees that 5.8 is gonna be next week the soonest so the nerf might not stick

the damage on her ult is pretty bonkers tho, so i dunno, even if the base damage is kind of shit, she's still gonna do 35% of your missing health plus half an auto before the ramp up.

i'm no jinx expert but it doesn't sound so bad to me, it punishes her for being close to enemies while keeping the same reward as before for being far away, that sounds like something appropriate to jinx

i dunno about the graves nerf tho, i feel like he needed to get hit a bit more early, maybe...

Then make her execute scale with range while reducing the base damage a bit. Don't make her point blank ult utterly useless unless you're doing some stupid heal bait duel to the death.

125 base + 40% ratio in one go is completely overkill. You will always do less damage than before unless you land it at capped damage because the range scaling is based on a % increase so anything less than a max range Nidalee spear range ult is nerfed.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh didn't realize they also nerfed the ratio to 0.1

yeah that's pretty harsh

still don't think it's so bad, just reinforces strengths and weaknesses

you're not supposed to be shooting this from close range after all

could be, i dunno, not really very knowledgeable on the subject and i'm mostly displeased with having to wait another week for my lux rework to seriously care about anything else

Newt

She already got a mini rework

She just needs balance changes. Either that or chainsaw her kit
I think her kit is cool and really fun. She actually takes a lot of skill to use her Q probably. I think something minor like making her E proc W stacks or giving E a bit of a damage buff would be good enough.

Also, Black Cleaver buffs will help her.

Newt

Then make her execute scale with range while reducing the base damage a bit. Don't make her point blank ult utterly useless unless you're doing some stupid heal bait duel to the death.

125 base + 40% ratio in one go is completely overkill. You will always do less damage than before unless you land it at capped damage because the range scaling is based on a % increase so anything less than a max range Nidalee spear range ult is nerfed.
It just makes sense for her ults to have a disadvantage to it. Draven and Ezreal have damage falloff on their ults, and Ashe's is less effective at close range too.

I just think they need to make it so that the explosion only does the execute damage on the person hit. Doesn't make sense for the explosion to also do an execute to everyone else.

But it already does have a disadvantage, it needs to wind up to deal max damage

Sure, nerf the point blank damage. Don't delete it, however. Removing the AoE execute would be a good idea too, yeah.
I think her kit is cool and really fun. She actually takes a lot of skill to use her Q probably. I think something minor like making her E proc W stacks or giving E a bit of a damage buff would be good enough.

Also, Black Cleaver buffs will help her.
Where would she fit the new BC in her build?

Newt

Sure, nerf the point blank damage. Don't delete it, however. Removing the AoE execute would be a good idea too, yeah.

Where would she fit the new BC in her build?
Probably IE ---> Phage.

Maybe BT---> Phage
Really not noticeable enough.

Man toplane is such a weird place.

It makes me so nervous. I feel like once you're down a little bit you have to play super cautious. I've been playing a ton of shen today. Really liking him. Feels amazing to ult into a teamfight and get a four man taunt.

Shen is in such a bad place. As a top lane main I love it when someone picks Shen... YAY free lane.

Then again he deserve it after his dominance from season 2-3. But I do feel like he's been in the gutter for too long season 4 was his repenting. I think they need to unlock him from nerf hell though. Return of the Shen!

zkylon

zkylewd
Shen is in such a bad place. As a top lane main I love it when someone picks Shen... YAY free lane.

Then again he deserve it after his dominance from season 2-3. But I do feel like he's been in the gutter for too long season 4 was his repenting. I think they need to unlock him from nerf hell though. Return of the Shen!

they prolly need to make his knife thingie a skillshot or something

the whole manaless targeted poke thing is not too cool

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ugh, Ziggs is back in the solo queue meta? Zzzz.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if anyone would play ranked teams if there was a similar restriction to the one for duo queue

it feels like every other ranked teams game i play it's like a d1 carrying a bunch of plats

what's sad is that my ranked teams team is like s1, so it's not like we're any good or anything

nah he doesn't need a skillshot.

what he needs is mr per level.
i mean yeah but like, i think i've read rito saying that the knife thingie's holding him back cos it's just not a very cool laning style

Ugh, Ziggs is back in the solo queue meta? Zzzz.

called it!

Shen is awesome. I never play him, but I like having him on my team.

I disagree. Shen so useless.

The TP is almost always late, or stopped. His split push is slow as fuck. I could just go Hec or anyone that builds hydra and make him sit at tower all day trying to CS.

He's most likely going to lose CS by at least 50. I mean even watching challenger players lose with. The last player that I remember having any success on Shen was PDD when Spirit Visage still gave 20% CDR. I remember Toy'z team running Shen like maybe a year ago and even they gave up on that shit, and you know Taiwan loves them some Shen.

Blizzard

Banned
People concerned about Jinx and/or Graves nerfs, aren't PBE changes sometimes experimental (thus the PBE beta nature), and don't always make it into the game?

Maybe we should wait until the actual patch to panic. If there's some sort of PBE feedback forum, maybe Riot will also accept suggestions about the current PBE iteration.

zkylon

zkylewd

Leezard

He will do 20 less damage on a long range, single bullet Q and the same damage up close. Her ult won't even do an auto attack worth of damage up close but will do the same damage at the damage cap. Her damage before the missile caps out will also be lower considering the damage increases starting on the minimum, making her ult do less damage in most scenarios.

The nerfs aren't even remotely similar.
Jinx took the larger nerf, but the nerfs are very similar in nature, especially when you say that graves gets some kind of compensation that jinx does not, as their close/long damage is untouched for both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom