• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
VrlQC9Q.jpg
holy fuck that ahri was bad.

i dont even know how but we made a massive comeback randomly. mainly because i was landing 3 man ults all the time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't jinx it!
that's me! i'm the jinxer!

If you can weather the opponent's early game, yes absolutely possible in top lane.
i guess the shield will discourage laning a bit since he's a bit worse against single targets since the w dmg thing won't be up as long but feels like he could turn into of those roa tanks

an extra four health per W proc might as well be nothing. The E change is definitely nice for his clear though. Just doesn't seem like one of those changes that's extremely noticeable.
do u think xin needs that big of a buff tho? he's mostly outclassed in this meta, but whatever j4 and vi like xin should like so i feel like them getting nerfed and this minor things could make him compete a bit more at the bruiser rankings

Think I saw a change that changed the passive on sunfire to the same one and made it unique...
yes, basically sunfire and jungle sunfire both build out of a new item that's replacing the giant belt portion of sunfire cape. the item gives a mini sunfire cape effect and hp

Vi nerfs. Why?
she's overpowered atm. too much damage, lockdown, fast and safe clears, same as j4, they just do everything too well

Whoa

Because she is the undisputed second best jungler in the game
hmm, that's interesting. so maybe tanks should start at gromp now?

Musician

Bami's Cinder [NEW ITEM]

Total Cost: 1000 gold
Recipe: Ruby Crystal + 600 gold
+300 Health
UNIQUE Passive - Immolate: Deals 5 (+1 per champion level) magic damage per second to nearby enemies. Deals 50% bonus damage to minions and monsters.

Jungle Enchantment: Cinderhulk [NEW]

Recipe: Bami's Cinder + Tier 2 Jungle Item + 350 gold (NOTE: its not confirmed!)
+350 Health
+25% Bonus Health
UNIQUE Passive - Immolate: While in combat, deals 15 (+1 per champion level) magic damage a second to nearby enemies. This increases up to 100% based on time in combat.

Jungle Enchantment: Juggernaut

Removed and replaced with Cinderhulk

Sunfire Cape

Now builds out of Bami's Cinder instead of Giant's Belt
The burn aura passive is now UNIQUE Passive - Immolate.

Rip juggernaut. You were sort of ok but not really.

zkylon

zkylewd
Gromp was always meant to be the tank start camp with that smite buff, they just needed to give it more oomph

yeah, i think it's a neat idea

the issue i have with both the gromp thing and the cinderhulk thing is that they're still buffs to j4 and vi and whatever. like, rito says "As for fighters buying Cinder hulk plus damage, it's possible, but they'll get less effective health out of their builds, as they spend more gold on offensive stats." but i rarely see j4 or vi or lee buy anything but tank items outside of warrior enchant. maybe a brutalizer once in a while, but really

Because hey let's nerf every good jungler and not buff the bad ones or fix the jungle for the millionth time in a row

Vi totally wasn't considered weak a year ago or anything
what?

they are literally buffing like 10 other junglers in this patch -__-

Bacon

Phew. Voli buff is more quality of life than a straight buff. Most times I just don't bit jungle camps if I'm ganking because of the cool down.

I was worried he got buffed.

Yeah looks like it will make his clears a bit easier. I'll gladly take that change

do u think xin needs that big of a buff tho? he's mostly outclassed in this meta, but whatever j4 and vi like xin should like so i feel like them getting nerfed and this minor things could make him compete a bit more at the bruiser rankings

hmm, that's interesting. so maybe tanks should start at gromp now?

He doesn't really but I can't imagine those buffs changing his play rate or anything. I found myself kind of struggling with him if I didn't have rangers so hopefully I'm wrong and they do make him feel a little different.

Because hey let's nerf every good jungler and not buff the bad ones or fix the jungle for the millionth time in a row

Vi totally wasn't considered weak a year ago or anything
Because the landscape in which Vi existed a year ago is exactly the same as the current landscape.

Even reddit would frown at that post.

there's some pretty huge nautilus buffs on the pbe right now, mainly the one where his E dropped to like 6 seconds and a pretty huge mana cost decrease.

bidguy

Banned
I remember when that used to happen...once upon a time, in a golden land.

Yes, unfortunately. I lost a promo the same way once, but it was just to go up a division, not a full tier.

just looked and im still in promos it seems like riot knows when someone has isp problems or it was divine intervention lol

ill try again tommorow even though its gonna be the most stressful games ill ever play

Well yeah obviously. All the other good junglers received nerfs, making Vi a top tier pick once again.
Vi was top tier regardless of other junglers.

The jungle is based on single target damage, Warrior gives fucking armor pen, every champion is weaker at 6, she gets extra CC pre 6 with blue smite and level 6 ganks are favoured.

Like come on, literally every jungle change went in her favor. Only thing that changed mid season is that instead of having 4 ultra top tier junglers we now have 2.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well it's not like there's a lot of competition. Thanks Riot.

Was thinking the same thing
Well yeah obviously. All the other good junglers received nerfs, making Vi a top tier pick once again.
these two are really awkward posts being in the same day every other jungler is getting buffs

don't be dumbos

He doesn't really but I can't imagine those buffs changing his play rate or anything. I found myself kind of struggling with him if I didn't have rangers so hopefully I'm wrong and they do make him feel a little different.
if anything i think all riot's recent nerf/buff winrate craziness indicates that going with smaller changes might be a better choice, even if the impact is not as immediately noticeable

I can only assume the complaints about the Vi nerf are because she might not be a ticket on the freelo train anymore. with the number of changes to other junglers in the very same PBE patch I don't know how you can say Riot isn't trying to address the issue of Vi and Jarvan being the only worthwhile jungle picks.

I don't know. Guess i'm just salty about Vi seeing as I bought her yesterday :/
This isn't really going to do much, just tone her down and make people forget she exists which is basically great for Vi players.

50 base damage isn't going to stop a well placed ult from killing someone at level 6.

zkylon

zkylewd
i kinda hope the lizzy nerfs stop here, she lost a fair bit of ranged harass which is mostly a top lane nerf, but i feel more changes might make her bad at mid

like mid lane she's fairly balanced, she has some rough matchups because of her low range and her damage is kinda low to just plain 1v1 murder people the way ahri or lebonk do. she can, but it's much harder for her.

I don't know. Guess i'm just salty about Vi seeing as I bought her yesterday :/
she'll still be strong

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm actually surprised they nerfed the ult damage. The range is the only thing I have trouble with.

I remember reading a suggestion that she could only ult targets with a stack of denting blows but that sounds pretty harsh.

Jeff-DSA

Vi was a menace. This doesn't hurt her THAT bad considering how good she's been. She definitely needed a nerf. She's been auto ban for me for a little while.

Now give Blitzcrank's hook a slight range nerf, please.

I'm actually surprised they nerfed the ult damage. The range is the only thing I have trouble with.

I remember reading a suggestion that she could only ult targets with a stack of denting blows but that sounds pretty harsh.
That would be fucking stupid.

so the only reason why people play vi is now gone?

lol.

zkylon

zkylewd

that would essentially olaf her lol

at one point i had the idea that her ult could like upgrade her q so it had even more range (maybe no self slow, more speed, etc.) and did a massive version of the ult effect upon hitting a champion. i think it would be a cool mechanic but would kind of destroy her since you can either dodge it or body block it and she also wastes her q cd so, yeah...

i feel like there's some room for some unfairness in how champions work (say, vi's point and click lockdown) as long as the rest of their kit is balanced around that unfairness. i know noot disagrees but i think syndra's ult is pretty ok because it's worthless on its own and requires other skillshots to land as well as the ball micro thing and just generally getting close to whoever you want to blow up. there's probably a better example but that's all i can think of right now

and like probably vi has to be that way, and whenever she's too strong she should pay for her lockdown somewhere else (like dmg, shield, etc.)

Skux

Vi nerfs are fine by me, she's been top tier for 2 years now. The nerfs aren't even that hard.

Naut changes look cool, he'll have another source of damage in his E which is far more reliable Shield damage nerf looks harsh but we'll have to see how the new item changes the clear.

Vi nerfs are fine by me, she's been top tier for 2 years now.

Naut changes look cool, he'll have another source of damage that isn't only his shield. Shield damage nerf looks harsh but we'll have to see how the new item changes the clear.
Now now, no need to exaggerate

Bacon

Vi nerfs are fine by me, she's been top tier for 2 years now. The nerfs aren't even that hard.

Naut changes look cool, he'll have another source of damage in his E which is far more reliable Shield damage nerf looks harsh but we'll have to see how the new item changes the clear.

What? No

Tizoc

So wait hold up, with Naut's E being 4 seconds cooldown at max level, Lich Bane would be able to deal a nice chunk of damage on a target. Not saying ti should be built on him but it's a thought :V

zkylon

zkylewd
So wait hold up, with Naut's E being 4 seconds cooldown at max level, Lich Bane would be able to deal a nice chunk of damage on a target. Not saying ti should be built on him but it's a thought :V
i don't want to be mean but you're like the worst theory crafter i've ever seen lol

Sande

I'm having trouble deciding max order on Varus. I've been doing well with Q>W>E but the E damage is really tempting as well. All of his skills are so good that you don't want to leave them last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom