• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Kalista in this week's free champ rotation. Awesome. I am so going to try her.

She needs to go on sale. Hopefully it'll be next week or the week after (or sooner)

jerd

Akali changes up sooner than expected. AP ratio on E increased to .4 and is on a 1 second cooldown at max rank

Explosive Charge (E) charge damage increase per basic attack stacking up to four times increased to 30% from 25%
Finally an actual damage buff instead of "uhh if you do this you reduce her CDs for small amount" stupid buffs

Super Minions
[Seeing some super increased stats on Super Minions.]
Magic resist increased to 40 from -30
Armor increased to 100 from 30
Base Damage increased to 306 from 180

That seems like a huge buff?

Nekofrog

Banned
Imagine getting an early inhibitor. It doesn't matter which lane, you now have full map control cause it'll take an entire team to stop a super minion early

Leezard

h4s1hVD.jpg

Ranked game of the day. Fiddle and Yasuo were major pains until we managed to catch fiddle before the teamfight.

Fiddles should not be seen.

That seems like a huge buff?
No longer grants the Minion Commander Aura (+70% increased damage and +70 armor/MR) to itself and the minions around it.
After the update, it's clear that it's a nerf. They get the same stats as they had with the aura, but the minions around them do not gain the aura effects. It will be easier to waveclear everything but the Super Minion now.

edit: nevermind, it's just a slight nerf. Super minons won't stack the aura on each other anymore. http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/34uoa3/54_pbe_update/cqyay1g
There was an error in the initial check in that made them not grant it to anyone. This was fixed shortly after. It doesn't look like the PBE picked up the change, but they should be granting their aura still to everyminion around them (except supers).

Nekofrog

Banned
After the update, it's clear that it's a nerf. They get the same stats as before from the aura, but the minions around them do not gain the aura effects. It will be easier to stall now.

the WIP state of the patchnotes didn't have the removed aura when it posted the stat boosts

zkylon

zkylewd
Zky do you play on a cellphone or something

my videocard burned a couple months ago so im playing with the shitty integrated ones

i'm gonna be out of neogaf for a while, dealing with some sad personal stuff, so im not gonna post much

see you guys later, take care

Jeff-DSA

my videocard burned a couple months ago so im playing with the shitty integrated ones

i'm gonna be out of neogaf for a while, dealing with some sad personal stuff, so im not gonna post much

see you guys later, take care

Get your stuff taken care of and get back soon, duder. Stay lewd.

TomShoe

Banned
4 game losing streak whoop whoop

bJnipfP.gif

Fuck thresh and people who won't let me play my main

at least only 2 of those are ranked

Pretty close to quitting League for a while.

The game just isn't fun anymore. This new tank meta is so lame. There just isn't a good way to fight against a Hecarim that can just blindly charge into your team and kill you with zero counter play while also having 3.5k HP.

Stacking HP and resistances is too easy and all you can do to fight against it is buy one of three items that are expensive and make you useless against anyone they don't counter.

Newt

The game just isn't fun anymore. This new tank meta is so lame. There just isn't a good way to fight against a Hecarim that can just blindly charge into your team and kill you with zero counter play while also having 3.5k HP.

Stacking HP and resistances is too easy and all you can do to fight against it is buy one of three items that are expensive and make you useless against anyone they don't counter.
I doubt this tank meta is going to last much longer.

Fracas

#fuckonami

IIRC cinderhulk got hit pretty hard on PBE

Blizzard

Banned

For context, are you speaking as an AD carry (or AP carry) main?

I doubt this tank meta is going to last much longer.

It should've never started. Riot can't go more than 3-4 months before introducing an item or champion that is so obviously broken upon release that it ruins everything.

Plus they completely ignored the dominion community in terms of a ranked que and twisted treeline completely sucks now, so what am I supposed to do?

Chug tank meta SR shit game smoothies all day? ARAM against guys that have accounts that consist of Sona, Sona, and Sona?

Oh god, this game has become so pointless. I miss season 2.

I don't "main" anything anymore, but I like to be able to play something that isn't totally meta here and there. Now, I'm punished for not taking a pick that can hit lvl 2 before they ever get to top lane and then scale into unkillable by 20 mins.

Newt

He plays weird shit like Yorick.
It should've never started. Riot can't go more than 3-4 months before introducing an item or champion that is so obviously broken upon release that it ruins everything.

Plus they completely ignored the dominion community in terms of a ranked que and twisted treeline completely sucks now, so what am I supposed to do?

Chug tank meta SR shit game smoothies all day? ARAM against guys that have accounts that consist of Sona, Sona, and Sona?

Oh god, this game has become so pointless. I miss season 2.
Yeah, but I dunno. Shit like Jarvan and Vi were stupid too.

Talents

Banned

Yeah I don't blame you. I played 1 game of ranked for the first time in a month yesterday and that was only because if I hadn't played yesterday, I would have began to decay. I just don't feel like playing when their are tanks as dumb as this in the game.

cHinzo

Just had a 13/1/19 game on Elise. I really don't get how she is the lowest winrate jungler. She should be fine with her % HP damage in this tank meta, she has tankiness and long range stun right? She stays pretty healthy during the jungle clears, can duel almost anyone with her burst and CC, her ganking pre-6 is really good and her teamfighting aint that bad either. Am I missing something? I also like Cinderhulk on her more than Magus, since Cinderhulk is almost the same as the old Spirit of the Ancient Golem.

e90Mark

I like to read the discussions here, but I never post.

I just started playing this game about 3-4 months ago. I recently got to 30 like last week, and finally played 5 provisionals yesterday, and 5 today. I went 5-5 and got Silver IV.

Is that pretty decent for a fresh account/relatively new guy? I'm surprised there's still a lot of "noobs" in ranked. A few games I lost were very winnable.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hopefully you don't end up like my friend who mistakenly got into silver v despite being totally new and unfamiliar with the game. She dropped like a rock and got really upset. :(

e90Mark

Hopefully you don't end up like my friend who mistakenly got into silver v despite being totally new and unfamiliar with the game. She dropped like a rock and got really upset. :(
I'd like to think I'm relatively familiar with the game. I always played with my high ranked friends in normals and it made me need to adjust a lot faster than doing like 100000 co-op games.

A few of my friends that are gold/plat/diamond did say I would probably get Silver, depending if the team was decent.
If you're a rookie and skipped Bronze be very, very glad
I hear Bronze is just a pit, lmao. Some of my provisionals with them were just like WTF.
The majority of people are in Silver V-III.
Good to know I'm smack dab in the middle haha.

Nekofrog

Banned
Ever since last season placements, Riot seems to generously place people into silver by near default and let them slide into bronze if they deserve it.

Bacon

Ever since last season placements, Riot seems to generously place people into silver by near default and let them slide into bronze if they deserve it.

That's what happened to me. Took me all season to finally get back into silver. Probably still deserve to be in bronze but whatever

TomShoe

Banned
That's what happened to me. Took me all season to finally get back into silver. Probably still deserve to be in bronze but whatever

Same. I can't believe it took me 14 games with Cait and a 34% win rate to realize I'm not good with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom