• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
People would surrender and/or be more likely to give up if they saw more higher ranked borders on the enemy team. Or something stupid like that.

Some Newts just wanna see the post game lobby burn.

The other day i played normal and according to lolnexus the other team was all silver/gold and their top laner was diamond. I was top lane.... and I'm only gold. If anything it made me played harder, told my team i probably won't win without help. So jungler camped for me and i went like 9-1-7 carried the game.

Now without the jungler help i probably would of lost but i kept tabs in my head how it would of went without his help and according to my calculations i only lost by about 15 CS. Now it's only a normal but still it made me actually played it like if it was rank knowing my lane opponent was diamond.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Higher ranked people usually just dick around and try new things in normals anyway so it's not a huge deal like lower ELO people make it out to be. It was a dumb argument and I dunno why Riot caved on it.

Chromas won't ever be handed out for mastery.

Rito even sells tiny summoner icons for $$$, or at least require you to spend money to get them (eg skin summoner icons like Debonair).

Yeah...it's why it was a surprise to me that Blizzards MOBA alternative offered icons, a mastery skin(Purchaseable with ingame currency), and alternative dye jobs for all the skins simply for levelling up your champion. And enemy players can see this skin, it's none of Riots hugbox nonsense.

Wait, enemies can't see your mastery crests?

So the crests serve no purpose other than having your team flame you for having a bad game with a champion you have a crest on? Honor-quality job there, Riot. Way to spend time doing something that will be irrelevant in a couple weeks.

Also I love how one of the ADC titles is "pathfinder". Might as well call it "brush checker"

Yeah, this is the worst part for me. I want to show off to enemy players that I'm pretty good with X or Y champion. I want to have a special icon or skin to say 'Hey I actually know this champion.' ...Granted I feel if they did add skins or icons they'd make you buy it with RP.

drawkcaB

If you're picking Vi you absolutely want something dead. Unless your team gets fucked and you need to improvise I don't see much of a reason not to get it.

Because you don't know how the match is going to go. You don't pick Vi because something needs to be dead, you pick her in burst/pick comps against high mobility carries. If what you want absolutely dead is a fed Irelia, Hecarim, etc. while the squishies are only doing moderately well, Trinity Force isn't going to cut it.

Also, if you're counting on the attack speed from TF to mesh with Denting Blows and rely on that for your post engage damage, I guarantee you'll get more damage out of 20% CDR for Excessive Force casts, 30% armor reduction, and +200hp, not to mention the increased damage and mobility from Q being on lower CD.

Fuck...I wish I wasn't stuck in meetings all week and forced to do my usual work at night. I really, really want to try out Warrior->BC on Vi and Xin Zhao right now. Oh, and keep playing Nautilus jungle. And brush up on my support picks, and...I need a vacation. That's what I need.

garath

Because you don't know how the match is going to go. You don't pick Vi because something needs to be dead, you pick her in burst/pick comps against high mobility carries. If what you want absolutely dead is a fed Irelia, Hecarim, etc. while the squishies are only doing moderately well, Trinity Force isn't going to cut it.

Also, if you're counting on the attack speed from TF to mesh with Denting Blows and rely on that for your post engage damage, I guarantee you'll get more damage out of 20% CDR for Excessive Force casts, 30% armor reduction, and +200hp, not to mention the increased damage and mobility from Q being on lower CD.

Fuck...I wish I wasn't stuck in meetings all week and forced to do my usual work at night. I really, really want to try out Warrior->BC on Vi and Xin Zhao right now. Oh, and keep playing Nautilus jungle. And brush up on my support picks, and...I need a vacation. That's what I need.

You and me both friend. I usually take 80% of my vacation days dealing with kid and household issues. My last week off was to take care of my oldest son who had his tonsils removed.

I told my wife this year I was going to take two days off for video games. My ass is getting parked in front of my desk and I'll grind out as many games as I want. Just gotta pick a good time.

Xin with warriors+BC sounds awesome. The little movespeed boost on autos will help a lot too.

jerd

Doesnt matter how much time you have, what really matter is how you use your time.

Apparently a rough translation of his champ select quote

They really cannot decide what color to make spades ezreal's hair

jerd

I hope his ultimate advances game time by 5 minutes. Stomping? 15 minute baron. Getting rekt? 15 minute surrender. Got baron 2 minutes ago? have another

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I hope his ultimate advances game time by 5 minutes. Stomping? 15 minute baron. Getting rekt? 15 minute surrender. Got baron 2 minutes ago? have another

I hope he has a knock up, multiple dashes, and a spammable execute.
mEMtSJn.png

drawkcaB

You and me both friend. I usually take 80% of my vacation days dealing with kid and household issues. My last week off was to take care of my oldest son who had his tonsils removed.

I told my wife this year I was going to take two days off for video games. My ass is getting parked in front of my desk and I'll grind out as many games as I want. Just gotta pick a good time.

Xin with warriors+BC sounds awesome. The little movespeed boost on autos will help a lot too.

My wife generally goes back east for about 2-3 weeks once a year, that's my games & home repair time. I usually take 3 days vacation around that time too. Five straight days of mid-30s debauchery (sleeping in, gaming, cooking) and I'm good until the next time the family leaves.

jerd

I'm guessing the e-sport thread is going to eventually turn into LoL vs Dota. Stay safe out there

One of these days we'll be able to have a moba thread that doesn't turn into a graveyard.

That day will come about 5 years after the Riot/Valve merger when everyone accepts the smash hit game Lol vs. Dota into their hearts.

Pancakes

I'm guessing the e-sport thread is going to eventually turn into LoL vs Dota. Stay safe out there

It's just an e-peen contest of which game has higher viewer count, revenue, prize pools, waifus, and more idiocy. General E-sports threads almost turn into this.

Pancakes

Can we be cool and underground like the FGC now?

jerd

I just saw that rumor. Hopefully it is global

Edit: apparently the more accurate translation is "Doesn't matter how much time you have, just how you exploit it" which is interesting

Also PSA 2 for 1 rune pages is live

Nekofrog

Banned

there's nothing wrong with enjoying one game over the other, or enjoying both

but when it comes to measurable, factual information people still seem to lose their minds that the game they play isn't the most popular for some reason iono

I don't see Phage working too well on Garen, least I haven't tested it much yet to see if it still gives him movement speed while E-ing.

It's movement speed on dealing physical damage. If anything new BC is a massive buff because who cares about flat mitigation in tank vs tank skirmishes, more health, more CDR and you can stick to the enemy carry like glue.

garath

there's nothing wrong with enjoying one game over the other, or enjoying both

but when it comes to measurable, factual information people still seem to lose their minds that the game they play isn't the most popular for some reason iono

Yeah. It always turns into such a shit fest. People just want their favorite game/system/whatever to be the "best". I'm totally out of that thread the instant it gets anywhere close to that. The lesson of boken will not be forgotten.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
BC is rad but the build path is terrible on a lot of champions that can use it. Like Garen.

Jeff-DSA

BC is rad but the build path is terrible on a lot of champions that can use it. Like Garen.

Agree. Losing the Brutalizer makes it hard for a lot of top laners. Was interested in it for Fiora, but would rather go Hydra into Ghostblade over Hydra into BC given the build path and the attack speed boost. I could almost see adding BC over LW or BT, however.

I think the new build path on BC is good for bruisers. The health/CDR also helps a lot. I like new BC over old BC a lot more. Only on champions like Zed/Fioria/Riven squishy melee it sucks on.

Hm so reading Riots writings on the champion mastery, it seems like a whole lotta nothing

-Only you can see your own grade
-Enemies can't see your crests
-No real rewards so far except for the custom emote I guess
-'Riot isn't considering skins as a reward'

It really is another way to fill those bars I suppose. I mean, if they're going to steal the 3 skin dye job idea from HotS, they should take the mastery skin idea as well while they're at it.

So whats the point if only you can see it then.

Pretty useless and worthless unless you spam the emote

Nekofrog

Banned
speaking of vayne

that garen game i had, had a vayne into a cait. the instant we loaded into the game guess what i heard guys

guess what i heard

silver of the moon

So whats the point if only you can see it then.

Pretty useless and worthless unless you spam the emote

Yeah it baffles me...the actually spent resources on the most useless thing ever. Like, I get the psychological effect of wanting to get maximum bars for your favorite champions, but...it really is nothing.

It's like if they made skins only appear for you and your character. You wouldn't see anyone elses skins. Because you know, 'They're going to make fun of me for making money' or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom