• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just undoing the nerf they made to deal with Botrk bruisers

Doesn't matter much when the active is buggier than Syndra's stun if you smartcast it

~1700 so around Plat V

;_; NUUUU

Dangit, those 5 losses really did me in.

You know you can just go to op.gg type in your name look at the MMR of your matches and know where they gonna put you...

I know it kills all the suspense....

I'm trying to find this info >_> IT'S NOT HELPING O;

Oh wait maybe I should click that 'Check MMR' button. I'm at 1799.

I hope this win skyrockets me to 2000. Well, next time I play...maybe...maybe Monday night.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not sure what to think about the new Ashe, playing my third game with her now.

It didn't help that the first two games were against a Zed, and being assassin-dived is not fun with no escapes.

She's really fun to play with the machine gun thing, but mid/late game is super weird. It seems like to me that a big part of ADC power mid/late game is having high-damage crits. Trading 250% damage crits every 2-3 hits for 150-170% damage autoattacks is a little weird, especially with the steroid that's on 4 seconds and off 18 seconds. If you turn on the Q and don't kill something, you're Ultra Dead.

It's good in lane though when you can dictate the downtime.

Blizzard

Banned
When I played her, she actually seemed weaker in a lot of ways, but I only played 1 match.
That's a little bit how I feel, and you know how diamond-level my skills are.

Aside from the 4-second Q window, Ashe is a no-crit autoattacker with a slight slow, no shotgun ability with the arrows because of the duplicate hit change, and boosted autoattack damage.

The boosted autoattack damage feels kind of lacking compared to stuff like Kog'maw shred, Jinx attack speed boost, or Vayne silver bolts. The thing is, Ashe doesn't have Kog'maw range, Jinx passive/CC, or Vayne invisibility/tumble/knockback, so people don't tend to just sit there so your mini-crits can kill them. If you have a coordinated team peeling and protecting you then it can work well, but a lot of things work well with a coordinated team peeling and protecting you. =P

Nev

Banned
abyss3.jpg

Wtf is this range tho.

CFA3JwGVEAAgLKJ.png

So this guy tried a new rework. I really think he has no idea what he's doing and he should leave her alone after realising he embarked on a unnecessary and stupid quest that no one asked for. Like who cares about an increased root in exchange for all the damage? Are you serious? The only change the most perfect and glorious champion in this game needs is making her Q go past units as long as you hold the key. Stop trying to ruin her with other arbitrary changes and stop trying to force versatile champions into specific roles, you boring killjoys. Next will be not allowing some champions buy certain items, like in Smite where they removed the ability from tanks to buy other than tank items or mages other than AP stuff. Fucking sad.

HWTF3F9.png

Their Lee Sin kept smoothly performing Insec maneuvers on me. ._. Level 28 my ass. I never see consistent finesse like it until at least Plat. He sold his items when the match ended. Excellent match regardless.

Soraka was a pretty dang good support too and she's only Level 9.

There are so many smurfs in normals, and there are too many bots in ARAM. League is in such a bad spot for newcomers right now.

Leezard

http://i.imgur.com/HWTF3F9.png[IMG]

Their Lee Sin kept smoothly performing Insec maneuvers on me. ._. Level 28 my ass. I never see consistent finesse like it until at least Plat. He sold his items when the match ended. Excellent match regardless.

There are so many smurfs in normals, and there are too many bots in ARAM. League is in such a bad spot for newcomers right now.[/QUOTE]

Your account is a smurf, or essentially a smurf. Is it really that surprising that you get matched up with other smurfs?

Sofo

So what is up with these people playing support and placing 9 wards in a 38 minute-match? Our top laner beat this Thresh to warding, wth. Never in my life had I seen bot-side so dark. When I decided to get the other upgraded ward (I had the upgraded sweeper already) as jungler, it was already too late. ._.

zkylon

zkylewd
i liked debuff w karma better than this version

longer stun is kinda boring

Your account is a smurf, or essentially a smurf. Is it really that surprising that you get matched up with other smurfs?

this

game recognizes you're experienced at the game and puts you with other smurfs

real newbies encounter smurfs less frequently and its usually because of premades

That's a little bit how I feel, and you know how diamond-level my skills are.

Aside from the 4-second Q window, Ashe is a no-crit autoattacker with a slight slow, no shotgun ability with the arrows because of the duplicate hit change, and boosted autoattack damage.

The boosted autoattack damage feels kind of lacking compared to stuff like Kog'maw shred, Jinx attack speed boost, or Vayne silver bolts. The thing is, Ashe doesn't have Kog'maw range, Jinx passive/CC, or Vayne invisibility/tumble/knockback, so people don't tend to just sit there so your mini-crits can kill them. If you have a coordinated team peeling and protecting you then it can work well, but a lot of things work well with a coordinated team peeling and protecting you. =P
i mean, ashe has arrow, that's her thing, you're comparign her to hypercarries that do very different things than her

she's not meant to be able to 1v1 those champions, think of her like sivir rather than jinx

zkylon

zkylewd
It's surprising considering I was 9W/9L into the match. If I was something like 9W/0L then yeah no surprise.
win loss doesn't really matter as much, it's really easy to tell if someone's not new since new ppl die like 20times per game.

so league just has systems that quickly figure out you're on a smurf and then just throws you against other random smurfs since its so hard to like know how good you are from like pre 30 normal games

Leezard

A good Elise is still really scary. She pretty much carried the game by getting all lanes ahead.

The top lane Heimer is a menace. We had taken 3 barons by the end of the game, the first one at 20 minutes. 3 barons in 38 minutes is insane.

So I think I finally encountered the stereotypical Vayne player I've heard so much about.

He spent the whole game feeding and blaming the rest of the team for it. He never left top lane (always over extended with no wards). Didn't pay attention to pings. And when teamfights were breaking out, he was on the other side of the map dying to the krugs camp or trying to solo baron with 1 and a half items.

I just...

drawkcaB

So this guy tried a new rework. I really think he has no idea what he's doing and he should leave her alone after realising he embarked on a unnecessary and stupid quest that no one asked for. Like who cares about an increased root in exchange for all the damage? Are you serious? The only change the most perfect and glorious champion in this game needs is making her Q go past units as long as you hold the key. Stop trying to ruin her with other arbitrary changes and stop trying to force versatile champions into specific roles, you boring killjoys. Next will be not allowing some champions buy certain items, like in Smite where they removed the ability from tanks to buy other than tank items or mages other than AP stuff. Fucking sad.

2nd rework looks like hot garbage. As someone who played support Karma and never got a chance to try it top or mid, the changes to ult-W and ult-E were really interesting, where ult-W becomes this awesome pick off tool and the passive scaling let ult-E be amazing in teamfights.

A longer snare is uninspired shit. Her abilities would be more fun if using your ult on them gave them different effects, not merely stronger versions...so I guess I'd prefer having damage back on E now. Oh fuck it, don't touch Karma.

Jeff-DSA

The top lane Heimer is a menace. We had taken 3 barons by the end of the game, the first one at 20 minutes. 3 barons in 38 minutes is insane.

If you don't specifically counter pick him, he will roll lane lane ridiculously fast and it's really hard to contest baron and dragons. He's dang near impossible to gank too.

*jungler pings that he's going to gank Heimer top*

*I ping caution from mid or bot, because I've seen this happen too many times*

*jungler and top go YOLO*

"DOUBLE KILL!"

"Your turret has been destroyed."

Kenai

I didn't realize there was a second rework up less than a day after the first one. I agree that the second rework is pretty garbage. The first set of changes were so much more interesting to me and gave a lot of options (debuff a frontliner + indirectly heal your team while they blow them up would be amazing in this meta), but this...hope they revert it to the older new one.

Edwardo

Oh damn Full Metal Jayce is on sale. It's the only one of his I don't own, so I think I should pick it up. I always wanted to unlock his Super Skin.

Jeff-DSA

Nekofrog

Banned
I love watching games that have a short lane phase and just turn into fight after fight after fight as people respawn. TheOddOne had a 40 something kill game sub 20 minutes yesterday that was just hilarious.

Had a game yesterday where an enemy shaco rekt our team. Was on his team in the next lobby and got him shaco, but somebody dodged. He wasn't on my team in the next lobby so I instinctively banned it and sure enough he was on the other team and mega tilted just because he didn't get shaco. His entire team said that he said at the start of their game that he didn't want to play because he wasn't shaco. He fed

Leezard

It's always fun to make an enemy Vayne player fail her series. Bonus points since it was her promo to D5 and she somehow got into a D4/D3 game as a Plat 1 player. Maybe she was premade with someone (Vlad,Varus?).

Tank jungler meta did not really apply this game.

garath

Whoops. Accidentally queued up ranked. I thought it strange that I got a pop up about dodging ranked games then it dawned on me when everyone in chat was being all super tryhard. So I picked Vi.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1824834376/42766588?tab=overview

Didn't go so bad. I got a little nervous as I didn't expect the ranked and had a little rough of an early game. Missed a flash Q on the gragas and gave Nasus a double kill. Also lost first dragon. But fell back into Vi rhythm and all was well.

I REALLY like the warriors->BC->tank build for Vi. I melted gragas and nasus while still being able to burst the squishies. I'm not super tanky but have a strong shield and can get in the fight and do my damage before death if needed. Soloed Ashe near the end and still had half health left. She even ulted me.

Vi is really strong in this tank meta. Maybe even more so than before. She really thrives in a long drawn out fight with a leveled W.

zkylon

zkylewd
asked madoka lux modeler why the actual skin doesn't have a pleated skirt and she told me it was because the polycount was running too high for that kind of detail

fuck you toasters lol

Stubo

HWTF3F9.png

There are so many smurfs in normals, and there are too many bots in ARAM. League is in such a bad spot for newcomers right now.
Opened up the thread, skimmed this page...oh good!

Hi guys, just made an account today after watching streams for the last month or so.

I know most of the terms and have a base understanding to get me started, think I need to read up on build orders to begin with at least. Any tips which aren't in the OP would be appreciated!

Edit: Oh, and should I use my free points etc. to pick up Teemo and one of Ashe/Sivir or just Ashe and Sivir (can only afford 2 atm).

Blizzard

Banned
i mean, ashe has arrow, that's her thing, you're comparign her to hypercarries that do very different things than her

she's not meant to be able to 1v1 those champions, think of her like sivir rather than jinx
Sivir can use her speedboost ult though, and do penetration damage through Q and W bounces. She also has the shield to protect her. Ashe has none of those -- E is 100% utility with a very long cooldown (not even bonus gold anymore), and W does not penetrate (and now double arrows don't have a shotgun effect).

Maybe if you say she's like Sivir without the mobility and AOE damage. :p

On a different note, one of the best League feelings is getting a popup that you got promoted from a ranked game, when you forgot you were even in a series.

Leezard

Hi guys, just made an account today after watching streams for the last month or so.

I know most of the terms and have a base understanding to get me started, think I need to read up on build orders to begin with at least. Any tips which aren't in the OP would be appreciated!

Edit: Oh, and should I use my free points etc. to pick up Teemo and one of Ashe/Sivir or just Ashe and Sivir (can only afford 2 atm).

Hi, welcome to the thread.

I think you might want to keep the free RP for a little bit longer since Ashe/Sivir etc. are really cheap champions in terms of IP. You should be able to get one of them after a couple of games.

I can't remember what is in the OP, but get your free Tristana + Tristana skin, Alistar + skin, Garen + skin from doing the youtube/twitter/facebook promotions if you haven't done it yet.

In the beginning you probably want to learn the characters mostly.

Edwardo

My best advice is just to play the game. Pick up the free champs that Riot gives away. There's info in the OP. Other than that, just play all the free week champions until you find someone you like and spend ip on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom