• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubo

Read before your edit, cs = creep score right? I'm learning last shotting the minions, hopefully I'll get there.

I'd picked up the 2 free champions in the OP but now I have the twitter one too, thanks guys!

zkylon

zkylewd
Opened up the thread, skimmed this page...oh good!

Hi guys, just made an account today after watching streams for the last month or so.

I know most of the terms and have a base understanding to get me started, think I need to read up on build orders to begin with at least. Any tips which aren't in the OP would be appreciated!

Edit: Oh, and should I use my free points etc. to pick up Teemo and one of Ashe/Sivir or just Ashe and Sivir (can only afford 2 atm).

would recommend you try those champions out in free week before you buy them. i guess ashe and sivir as cheap enough that you can "risk it", tho if you mean rp then nah, save it for a "discount" on a skin or a champion or whatever

Sivir can use her speedboost ult though, and do penetration damage through Q and W bounces. She also has the shield to protect her. Ashe has none of those -- E is 100% utility with a very long cooldown (not even bonus gold anymore), and W does not penetrate (and now double arrows don't have a shotgun effect).

Maybe if you say she's like Sivir without the mobility and AOE damage. :p

On a different note, one of the best League feelings is getting a popup that you got promoted from a ranked game, when you forgot you were even in a series.
i just mean that she's an utility adc which means that her strengths are not necessarily comparable to those of jinx/vayne/tristana whatever

ashe has one of the strongest ults in the game, has really long aa range and has lots of spammable slows, as well as the super vision thingie now. those are the nice things about ashe that hypercarries like jinx don't have, and her tradeoff is that she doesn't have resets/mobility/insane dmg/etc

it's just easier to compare her to sivir than jinx because sivir's ult is also a utility spell

Read before your edit, cs = creep score right? I'm learning last shotting the minions, hopefully I'll get there.

I'd picked up the 2 free champions in the OP but now I have the twitter one too, thanks guys!
yup cs = creep score

if u want an ip boost they'll give you 4 games if you link your account with facebook in-game

338ff1069899b1535365309edbafe86d.png

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I WONDER WHO IT IS

jerd

Is it just because of her passive? On paper she seems superior in every way now save the gold gen. Slow is a little weaker but it's constant and free

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it just because of her passive? On paper she seems superior in every way now save the gold gen. Slow is a little weaker but it's constant and free

new volley is prolly a lot less bullshitty which i guess makes her weaker in lane which upsets noot cos he's doublelift

the volley change had a long time coming tbh, i like the direction they went for her

garath

I really like the new Ashe. The crit change is the biggest and most impactful change imo. She now dishes out consistent, high damage with some crit. I really wish every ADC was like this. Ive always disliked the RNG crit chance.

She's still a utility ADC. The E change is pretty sweet too.

Still getting used to the Q. I'm still trying to toggle slow and not paying enough attention to stacks. In another 5 or so games I should get the hang of it. She's really fun now.

Leezard

It sucks to lose the final game in the promos since some dude in champ select asked for a lulu pick/swap, didn't have lulu, and then the guy that got lulu afked.

I was hoping for someone else to dodge since it was my series, but oh well. These things are rare at least.

zkylon

zkylewd
It sucks to lose the final game in the promos since some dude in champ select asked for a lulu pick/swap, didn't have lulu, and then the guy that got lulu afked.

I was hoping for someone else to dodge since it was my series, but oh well. These things are rare at least.

payback for feasting on that vayne's tears

zkylon

zkylewd
why would someone not have lulu tho

lulu's awesome

speaking of lulu look what i got

(shut up about the booze costy, im depressed)

it's great, hair is super soft and i love the hat, really hope rito makes more plushies

Congratulations Tizoc! I need to play more ranked, I'm easily pleased, so whatever rank I'm assigned I wouldn't mind.

Also the new Irelia skin is cute. If I'm playing OOTL Karma and an Irelia teammate has the matching skin we can look uber cute while feeding.

am i getting trolled by nomads medallion

10 hp per minion

60-70 hp per wave (aka 1 autoattack from a support)

wat

thats really not fixing much about why coin is shit to start with and upgrade.

also i dont believe it but they somehow made ardent censor even more shit.

zkylon

zkylewd

10 hp per minion

wat

i feel like riot should just give shurelyas line some combat stats or maybe really go forward with the whole "roaming support item" thing from the ms from coin lvl2 and make it give you gold for x units traveled or something

spellthief and relic shield are just more fun gp10 items

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finally got to play Ekko. Really like his kit, lots of playmaking potential. Almost certain he'll be an LCS favorite (though I said the same about Bard). He feels quite good too, though his regular autos could use a touch of work.

Definitely picking him up when he goes live. Neat champion. His w's shield is insanely strong, same for his ult damage.

Blizzard

Banned
One Ashe thing you have to watch out for (though I guess it applies to Draven as well) is that when you're slow-timing your hits to keep the 5 stacks active, sometimes your support will run in and smite the minion with relic shield, causing you to lose all your stacks before you can get in range of something to hit.

This makes you feel very sad.

Fracas

#fuckonami
In my promos, got a Jayce supporting my Jinx.

you only yolo once

edit: we won LOL

i love the random shit that works in silver

xezuru

As Zac can you Flash your jump and still get the CC? or does it reset you to neutral?

Edit: You can't use any summoners while jumping :[

Forgive the late question, but when did Urgot really become a thing? I thought I was being trolled so I dodged a few matches, but now I'm spectating some high-level matches (Dyrus, xPecake, LemonNation) and...here he is.

He's solid now?

Fracas

#fuckonami
After a full day of playing Jinx, I can't decide if I should go Shiv or PD.

I like the SS proc a LOT and AOE rocket shiv crits are fantastic, but the extra crit and atk spd from PD feels too good to give up.

edit: and not to mention, getting an extra free shiv proc from her passive is nice too, but not anything huge

Miss Fortune and Twitch are total garbage in this meta.

I disagree. Twitch can always snowball the game or just flat out win the game as long as he survives laning phase. If you were watch Doublelift or Sneaky's stream they almost always go off on Twitch in Solo Queue because they don't get punish in laning phase.

And if you watch SSW last year at Worlds you notice they always lane swapt Twitch to get him out of laning phase and of course they ended up winning Worlds and that's why we have a SSW Twitch skin. Doesn't matter what Meta he's the only ADC that can actually bypass front line and straight up assassinate the back line with his stealth.

I disagree. Twitch can always snowball the game or just flat out win the game as long as he survives laning phase. If you were watch Doublelift or Sneaky's stream they almost always go off on Twitch in Solo Queue because they don't get punish in laning phase.

And if you watch SSW last year at Worlds you notice they always lane swapt Twitch to get him out of laning phase and of course they ended up winning Worlds and that's why we have a SSW Twitch skin. Doesn't matter what Meta he's the only ADC that can actually bypass front line and straight up assassinate the back line with his stealth.

okay so MF and Varus are the least desirable atm? And Twitch unless I'm really solid with it.

got it.

Hmmm, they're probably the only two that are outright worthless, but Varus is rough. I think that MF and Twitch are the only two that even highly skilled players will struggle though.

Doublelift Alt (smurf) account.

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=pengyiliang

On the right select champion next to Rank/Normal etc there's a yellow bar that says "champion".

Select Twitch and look at his W/L.

11 games played 9 Wins and 2 Loss in challenger.

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=c9+sneaky

Win % on Twitch only lower than Kalista/Cait

zkylon

zkylewd
like always you can play whatever you want, tho obviously some champions are more effective in some metas than others

current meta is big on health stacking so there's somewhat less early jungle pressure but adcs are more important than ever with all the tanks running around, specially jinx since she's pretty op, and apparently vayne if winrate matters for something..

i think draven's supposed to be really good now?

there's also lots of fighting and deathball comps now which makes sivir pretty strong

but yea play whatever you like, i would advice against playing low mobility adcs like mf because it's pretty frustrating right now because of all the cc

jerd

10 hp per minion

wat

Idk anything about support but why doesn't ardent censor just make your heals healier and your shields shieldier since those are the stats you clearly actually want. Plus you could do it without giving supports more offensive power like ap would. Riot is dancing around giving it all these weird stats instead of actually making it a usable item.

Coin is funny bc the stats are good for what they are and really gold efficient, but they're all the stats you don't really want. Idk though I can see it being sorta usable now but like I said I don't know support

Blizzard

Banned
Forgive the late question, but when did Urgot really become a thing? I thought I was being trolled so I dodged a few matches, but now I'm spectating some high-level matches (Dyrus, xPecake, LemonNation) and...here he is.

He's solid now?
If I recall correctly, Urgot had a ridiculously pick/ban rate in the last championship game set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom