• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

How do people feel about Naut Support?
I like CC tanky supports and wanna know if it's worth it with the upcoming IP price cut.
Pretty limited on IP, but I really enjoy Leona and seems good to have someone similar (does he even cover opposing matchups).

I like naut support a lot. He's huge. Literally.

jerd

After winning 10 games in a row, 1 loss. Nothing wrong with the system here.

At least I got a win after.

What's super fucked up about this is that most of your games are 90% filled with other D5 players so its not even like you have a mid plat mmr. Kind of lends evidence to that theory that there is a weird pocket of mmr between plat 1 and d5 that is screwing with everyone's gains

jerd

I played ken support with kalista and it was pretty stupid. Idk how many other adc's i'd really like to play him with but yeah that was a fun lane

Blizzard

Banned
After winning 10 games in a row, 1 loss. Nothing wrong with the system here.

At least I got a win after.
What if your LP gains and losses are Riot's hidden punishment for your bragging about being toxic and strategically AFK'ing? :p

"Oh I'm sorry, I accidentally flipped the terrible LP switch on your account. Not like you deserved it."

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
What if your LP gains and losses are Riot's hidden punishment for your bragging about being toxic and strategically AFK'ing? :p

"Oh I'm sorry, I accidentally flipped the terrible LP switch on your account. Not like you deserved it."
That would be a smart move on Riots end.

I've played Zed vs Azir three times as Zed and shitted on Azir three times. I don't play Azir but it seems like it's a terrible matchup for him. I wasn't that impress with Febiven solo killing Faker's Azir twice, cause I thought it was bad match up for Azir.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the Zed "R" nerf... hm that sucks if it did just because Faker died in a stupid match up. Azir out played me later in team fights though... now it's only getting worst for Zed. We still won but that 3 time the I've played the match up and ended lane phase 7-1, 5-1, and 9-1. And all 3 of them I ended the game with like 5+ deaths because... I can't team fight with Zed good enough. Now it's only getting worst..... fuck.

Newt

but no one ever has

you're in a special kind of prison where your toxicity fortifies the cages even more
The 10 game winstreak was no fluke. I've been super aggressive with my dodges/forcing people to dodge recently.

Plus I've gotten out before. It just took a 12 game winstreak.

jerd

The 10 game winstreak was no fluke. I've been super aggressive with my dodges/forcing people to dodge recently.

Plus I've gotten out before. It just took a 12 game winstreak.

dodging must be super hard for you. That's like 1/3rd of a win

dodging must be super hard for you. That's like 1/3rd of a win

Yea but better than losing 3-4 worth of wins in one loss... yikes. I need to dodge more. I think I've only dodge maybe twice in my time playing this game, and plenty of them I knew shit wasn't going to work. Like you know when your team has Teemo support.

zkylon

zkylewd
I like CC tanky supports and wanna know if it's worth it with the upcoming IP price cut.
Pretty limited on IP, but I really enjoy Leona and seems good to have someone similar (does he even cover opposing matchups).

pretty op imo

On the day that I played him for the first time, I 1v4ed the opposition.

Dude is nuts.

Leezard

Naut supp is really strong. It's the only support pick worthy of a ban right now. It's now as high priority as Kalista or Gragas bans, but it's near it.

Tizoc

OK having played Ashe a little more I've come to understand how she's been reworked; basically she no longer does Crit damage unless her passive is applied to a target via an initial Auto or through her W.

An enemy affected by Frost will start taking crit damage, but its modified in that it does LESS damage than the usual.

Seeing as Ashe is one of the cheaper ADCs to unlock it can install in newcomers why Crit should be built first on an ADC.

cHinzo

e6cf848ac5.jpg
Fck, I wanted to try the Lux skin out. >_> Of course everyone turned into a mid main suddenly. Had to ADC for the first time in 2 seasons lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
just running into him a lot lately and i just hate his "be near you and one shots you" gameplay

very frustrating to play against

faridmon

I think my main problem with being a jungler, is that I put too much faith in people. As a tank player, I tend to initiate, but when people never take notice, its hard to make any difference. I am at best when people follow it up.

I just played with bunch of people, who were really good at their lane, sort of dominated, but when it came to team work, knew fuck all what to do. Whenever I innitaited, I got yelled at for going in there. I am supposed to be a tank, if they don't follow it up, then Why blame it on me.

Am I in the wrong here?

i think wukong is my newly most hated champion

I do hate his escape, but his ult is fairly weak, no?

garath

I think my main problem with being a jungler, is that I put too much faith in people. As a tank player, I tend to initiate, but when people never take notice, its hard to make any difference. I am at best when people follow it up.

I just played with bunch of people, who were really good at their lane, sort of dominated, but when it came to team work, knew fuck all what to do. Whenever I innitaited, I got yelled at for going in there. I am supposed to be a tank, if they don't follow it up, then Why blame it on me.

Am I in the wrong here?

The trick is communication. It's not easy to do on the fly but you can use pings to try and explain your intention if there's no time to type. i.e. if I'm playing Vi and I see an opportunity coming up to initiate, I'll ping the player I'm going to ult and then do a bunch of "On my way" pings. If I change my mind and I'm NOT going to go in, I'll ping back pings a few times. Most people get it.

You can also try typing out your intentions long before a teamfight. I.e. you back and expect to siege as malphite you can just say "Hey, If I see an opportunity to land an ult on 3 or more of them, I'll probably take it". Try to ping before you do it anyways. It helps.

The higher elo you go, the better followup you'll see. Sometimes you might not want to initiate though. But even then, it's usually better to follow the crazy person in than stay back and watch your team get picked off one by one.

And sometimes you just see a great opportunity and jump on it and no one follows up. That can happen a lot if you are behind. People are scared to fight when they've been behind. Again that's something that gets better as you climb.

Edwardo

Am I in the wrong here?

To be honest, you have to play around your teammates. Ya it'll be the best way if they follow up every time you initiate, but that's honestly not going to happen 100% of the time. Understand how they play and make your moves more in line with that. If they don't notice your initiations, try pinging more. Pinging over and over that you're about to go in should get their attention. They might call you annoying, but who cares as long as you're getting the W. Communication is key.

His ult has a big AD ratio. I think it does 110% of your AD per tick. So if he's building some damage then it'll be pretty strong.

Leezard

Am I in the wrong here?

Wukong's ult is strong, provided the wukong player builds damage like he should and not some shitty tank build.

i think wukong is my newly most hated champion

I actually came here to complain about him too.

Braindead "press R to win teamfight" ult. Caught out of position or take a bad trade? lolstealth who cares, waste your mana/cd on my decoy pls. And then the fact that he's inexplicably tanky even when he builds full damage.

At least with other hideous champs like Malzahar they have clear weaknesses. Wu is just straight up no skill, no risk, huge reward.

faridmon

Thanks you so much guys. But yeah, while I do pings a lot, I don't use it as much when going in to initiate. Also, I never took account how people are feeling when the team are behind, and it makes much sense that they are going to be careful when they are levels behind.

Also great to hear that follow ups gets better the higher the rank is!

also didn't know about Wukngs Ult could be that powerful, I guess most of the Wukongs i play against build theirs as a tank Rather than an attacker!

As you can tell I am still new to the whole meta side of things, scaling and ratios completely gets lost on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom