• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
it has 1600 range and you don't know where he shoots it

i have no idea what riot was thinking

As long as you're outside of his dash range he won't be able to close the distance for a stun. If he casts it from brush or something you're pretty much fucked, but then that's no different to Ahri's charm or whatever.

The only part of his W that needs a nerf is the shield.

Indeed, there's a huge difference in vision control as you rise through the skill brackets.
More on this topic, with some stats:
http://www.goldper10.com/stat/1680.html

FPQFQpd.png

Up4nHY5.png

I main support and have only been playing since February. Got my first rank recently in Gold and I think in part warding must've helped. It annoys me so much how little people care for it.

Warding is power and just one stealth ward is so cheap and could save your whole team. I don't get it when people don't place any importance in it. I'm CONSTANTLY placing my sightstone wards or trying to sweep the other team's and buying extra in hard games.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I LOVE BARD!

I tried playing him but it's just not clicking for me. I feel so worthless in teamfights when I play him. I've been on a big Alistar binge lately, the cow is ridiculous right now imo. Tower dives become a joke, peeling and big AoE CC are super easy to pull off. Hardest part is getting that WQ combo off properly on ~200ms ping.

zkylon

zkylewd
Saw it earlier today and it got me to go back and watch two of Faker's Orianna games. The way a strong Ori can dominate unfavorable match ups and go on to make art is breathtaking.
faker playing ori is like beautiful like real ballet

As long as you're outside of his dash range he won't be able to close the distance for a stun. If he casts it from brush or something you're pretty much fucked, but then that's no different to Ahri's charm or whatever.

The only part of his W that needs a nerf is the shield.

watching the replay i see a very faint and transparent circle when the w is gonna land but i'm not sure if you can see that if you're on the enemy team. i remember a rioter explicitly said you couldn't see where it went until it landed (or something similar to that) so i'm guessing that indicator is ekko's and you can't see it as the "victim"

he w'd in front of me and i couldn't see where it would go. maybe this is the vfx being super hard to see and i didn't notice, but the impression i got when playing against him is that it was completely invisible

this is entirely different from ahri hiding in a brush, since you can see the charm travel and make a decision to flash/dodge it/whatever.

this isn't him even being in a brush..

I tried playing him but it's just not clicking for me. I feel so worthless in teamfights when I play him. I've been on a big Alistar binge lately, the cow is ridiculous right now imo. Tower dives become a joke, peeling and big AoE CC are super easy to pull off. Hardest part is getting that WQ combo off properly on ~200ms ping.
yeah i don't like playing him either, even if i like his kit in theory. i like the concept of a support that's all about roaming but his actual roams aren't as good as like thresh's (or at least for me) so i just don't like him so much

Blizzard

Banned
watching the replay i see a very faint and transparent circle when the w is gonna land but i'm not sure if you can see that if you're on the enemy team. i remember a rioter explicitly said you couldn't see where it went until it landed (or something similar to that) so i'm guessing that indicator is ekko's and you can't see it as the "victim"

he w'd in front of me and i couldn't see where it would go. maybe this is the vfx being super hard to see and i didn't notice, but the impression i got when playing against him is that it was completely invisible

this is entirely different from ahri hiding in a brush, since you can see the charm travel and make a decision to flash/dodge it/whatever.

According to the wiki, Ekko's W circle is invisible to enemies until 0.5 seconds before it's ready, so there's supposed to be a small reaction window.

zkylon

zkylewd
According to the wiki, Ekko's W circle is invisible to enemies until 0.5 seconds before it's ready, so there's supposed to be a small reaction window.
it's a really frustrating thing that i don't understand what purpose it serves

i find it really bizarre that modern riot would add that kind of thing to a champion

i found that to be way more annoying than his absurd stickiness and his super fizz e ult

edit: i'd very much prefer it had a faster travel time but was really clear

Blizzard

Banned
I'm having really bad luck today with teammates. Previously I was having no problem getting mid lane.

Today I should have stopped playing, but I tried another...and today, 3/5 games someone else took mid (because I was last pick etc.) Even when I tried mentioning I had around 87% win rate mid (13-2) in the last 7 days, I got laughed at or ignored...

...and all 3 games, whoever took mid did badly and/or picked someone weird. All 3 were losses. The 2 where I got mid were wins. The last game had a Nunu who went mid and (very offensive language)
was calling me and/or other players "puta", "perra", "whore", "BTCH", and/or "cumdumpster".

I'm hoping Riot's new chat bot system will parse the log or something, because that was a bit much.

drawkcaB

Well, you might know this already, any maybe it doesn't work at such a high ping, but WQ doesn't actually involve any timing. Once the headbutt animation starts, just hold down Q. Pulverize will almost immediately go off right after even if you don't let go.

Ashhong

Damn, had one of the best games. My Lee and Azir were behind like 0-6 and 0-4, and raging at each other. All hope was lost. I kept telling them this is gold, don't give up and we can come back.

Well, a few team fights later we were on our way back. Their adc was pretty bad and they had a Panth who kept trying to chunk me down while I had a Soraka. I ended the game 15-2-20 as Sivir and got my first S+, 20 LP to get me into promos for Gold 2, AND my first mystery gift from our Azir which gave me Battle Bunny Riven.

This is the life.

Tizoc

ok hadn't laned against him yet

ekko's w being invisible until it lands

what

the

fuck

is

counterplay

Maybe it's because I hadn't played AGAINST an Ekko yet, but I'm under the assumption that enemies can still see the field before it activates much like how his allies can see it?

Edwardo

My main goal is usually to pick enemies off with my team. He's really great for it. In teamfights I generally try to bind enemies together or at least slow em down. Give speed boosts to whoever needs em. It's hard to decide who needs them the most though. For example, in that game I posted I would speed up Darius so he could rush in and grab someone from their backline. If he didn't need the help, I'd give it to Yasuo going in, or to Cait as she'd be kiting enemies. I really love his ult. See an couple enemies alone, just throw it on em and speed up your team to engage.

I feel like it's just all situational stuff.

I played a lil Alistar last night too after seeing him get picked a bunch in LCS. I'm just under 100 ping and it still can be a little tricky to get the combo down. But yeah, he does feel like a beast.

jerd

Well, you might know this already, any maybe it doesn't work at such a high ping, but WQ doesn't actually involve any timing. Once the headbutt animation starts, just hold down Q. Pulverize will almost immediately go off right after even if you don't let go.

Thing is you can't wait for animation at high ping. I always just immediately hit Q after W

Results in a lot of pulverizing nothing but whatever

Edwardo

Oh good to know. Thanks.

Bacon

I always feel like alistar is one of the clunkiest champions to use whenever I play him, his kit just feels really dated to me.

killatopak

Gold Member
Wait how come some of you guys have 100+ ping where in EU and US they have some of the fastest internet speeds while in my country having a measly 5mbps means I have 8 ping.

faker playing ori is like beautiful like real ballet

Well you can see his throw animation even though you can't see the area of effect until the last second. He even yells out when he does it, so it's really easy to just back off for a bit so he can't dash on you. Doesn't matter where W will land if he can't follow up, is what I'm saying.

Blizzard

Banned
Wait how come some of you guys have 100+ ping where in EU and US they have some of the fastest internet speeds while in my country having a measly 5mbps means I have 8 ping.
Distance from the server seems to be the issue. In North America, people on the east coast get bad ping. It's worst in the northeast, simply because they are so far from the west coast server.

East coast people get better ping on the Latin American North server.

Maybe it's because I hadn't played AGAINST an Ekko yet, but I'm under the assumption that enemies can still see the field before it activates much like how his allies can see it?
If I'm reading correctly, there are 2.5 seconds where only allies can see the field, and the last 0.5 seconds, enemies can see the field.

killatopak

Gold Member
Distance from the server seems to be the issue. In North America, people on the east coast get bad ping. It's worst in the northeast, simply because they are so far from the west coast server.

East coast people get better ping on the Latin American North server.

Internet speed has very little impact on your ping

Guess I'm super lucky that I'm close to a server.

Blizzard

Banned
I am very sad. I finally got to try Ekko in a ranked, but I got crushed. Bot lane died 15 times, and I died 4.

Most of the time I used ult it was useless or I killed myself. I might have gotten a useful stun with W twice. I had most damage but only went 5/4/1. I especially have difficulty finding the ghost when action happens, so I never know where the ult is going.

Overall I didn't find good ways to save lanes -- by the time I got 2 items, other lanes had been crushed and I had only gotten 1 kill from roaming.

He seems fun to play, but not easy enough for me to stomp as a new player.

Tizoc

If I'm reading correctly, there are 2.5 seconds where only allies can see the field, and the last 0.5 seconds, enemies can see the field.

Ah OK, they could always make it like Vinegar's Circle by giving the opposition 0.75 seconds before it fully stuns them.

Blizzard

Banned
That's the thing though. Don't hit Q. Hold Q. Don't let go of the button press. It'll go off right after Headbutt makes contact.
Maybe I'm completely confused, but I thought that just results in Q going off and cancelling the W command completely...unless you hit Q after the animation starts. It's also easy to screw this up if you're slightly out of range for the W, since W will make you start to move and Q will cancel that move-W sequence.

If you can reliably hold Q after the animation starts, then I feel like you have low ping and can react to the animation, and/or you have the timing down where you don't need to hold Q anyway.

Watching Quas stream right now he was first pick and picks top lane Ryze. Last pick... autolock vlads.

Yep... even pros get fucked over by idiots at the challenger level. Holy fuck....

Blizzard

Banned
Watching Quas stream right now he was first pick and picks top lane Ryze. Last pick... autolock vlads.

Yep... even pros get fucked over by idiots at the challenger level. Holy fuck....
I took a screenshot from the challenger Vladimir in question. I didn't have the stream at source quality yet so it's blurry.

chal8ou7g.png

Blizzard

Banned
Yea I tune in right during champ select. Quas was first pick that guy was last. So he had a good minute or two to decide to troll someone famous.
Looks like it's working out well thus far. I didn't see if they had a jungler, but they have no smite and they're dominating.

scoreboardy3j5r.png

*edit* And they took down the nexus in under 30 minutes, Quas wins.

That's NA challenger solo Q for you. I don't even understand...what I just watched.

And now watching an elise support in Doublelift's game... OKAY NA I GET IT!

jerd

Maybe I'm completely confused, but I thought that just results in Q going off and cancelling the W command completely...unless you hit Q after the animation starts. It's also easy to screw this up if you're slightly out of range for the W, since W will make you start to move and Q will cancel that move-W sequence.

If you can reliably hold Q after the animation starts, then I feel like you have low ping and can react to the animation, and/or you have the timing down where you don't need to hold Q anyway.

Pretty much this. If you're waiting to react to the animation to do anything at my ping it is going to be too late and you're just gonna knock them away. The delay at 100 ping is almost exactly the cast time of headbutt or so it seems

zkylon

zkylewd
Well you can see his throw animation even though you can't see the area of effect until the last second. He even yells out when he does it, so it's really easy to just back off for a bit so he can't dash on you. Doesn't matter where W will land if he can't follow up, is what I'm saying.

i mean his double dash has 700~ range and you have to take flash into account. got ganked that way, w from fog of war just behind me, guy dashed flash clicked me and i was stunned (and then he dealt like a billion free dmg)

i still want to hear a reason why it's a good idea to have an invisible skillshot in the game

Einbroch

Banned
Saw it earlier today and it got me to go back and watch two of Faker's Orianna games. The way a strong Ori can dominate unfavorable match ups and go on to make art is breathtaking.

I really like Ori. I think she's balanced and can make incredible plays while still able to be outplayed.

There's a reason she's been a consistent force throughout the seasons. They need to copy what makes her work and apply it to every champion.

faridmon

Not a good, when I am losing because of our jungler can't jungle for shit, our top losing 0/5 and our mid is afk. Me as a supp and the adc were doing business as usual getting kills, and I see that we have like half of our kills in our team for the entire game!

I am always gonna be as good as the team around me, which is frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom