• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Jayce and Cait changes! Cait got straight up buffed, nice! Jayce got a bit nerfed in his early game, which I don't understand. He is quite weak atm and his late game damage got a bit buffed I guess. Would have loved it if they just kept the same base damage scaling and buffed his late game with those additional levels. He could have used em.

RIP AD Malphite though... I'm so sad they changed his W. ;___;

garath

Panth mid or jungle? I've been jungling with him and top as well with some good, and not so good results. i think the bad games were just me having bad games though.

Tried him mid. I was up against a katarina. I used to love him jungle. I had like a 75% win rate with him last season but he's not as strong this meta unfortunately. I may take another stab at him though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
WW is good right now. I, Newt, dictator of LoLGAF deem it so.

You got rekt in fantasy son, I rule this thread now. And I don't even play this game.

for Zkylewd.

vsICqNQ.gif

subtles

I've always wished Riot would give Jayce a strong W and a focus on clever spacing in team fights/siege scenarios over the direction they chose to push him after Worlds. He's still really strong when ahead but really difficult to play if your team is on the back foot/their tanks get ahead, considering how lopsided he makes certain team comps and the time it takes to scale (with a really small window, mind.)

Einbroch

Banned
Malphite already has mad burst so this is just gonna make him an AP assassin.
Kidding, kinda. Straight AP Malph with only Frozen Heart is secret OP.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of them nerfing his Cannon W. I thought it's a nice skill and damands a bit more rather than slamming the keyboard with his other abilities.

Tizoc

Malphite already has mad burst so this is just gonna make him an AP assassin.
Kidding, kinda. Straight AP Malph with only Frozen Heart is secret OP.

lol, yeah I prefer going RoA>Frozen Heart, he gets some good survivability that way.

Jeff-DSA

Even in a win, it's no fun playing against freaking Cho'Gath.

Edit: So I had a weird bug tonight. My cursor would change and then I couldn't click on the mini map, ping, or left click at all. It would clear after I died, but it did it over and over and totally ruined the game. Anybody see that before?

Jeff-DSA

Champions like Cho'Gath just need a simple skill injection. Kinda what they did to Graves.

I say that they should keep his damage but either remove the silence from his scream or remove the knock up from his Q. Too much CC for someone that bursty and that tanky.

Not sure why they didn't sneak Katarina into that pic. A team without CC will lose to even the worst Katarina.

do you guys think riot would ever consider keeping new champs out of ranked matches for a patch just so they have time to tune them appropriately

or will people not care or make a big stink about the ridiculousness of new champs if it's not taking place in ranked games

also fewer people would probably buy the new champs if they couldn't use em in ranked right away but i feel like people way overstate the money as a reason for riot doing anything

drawkcaB

Even in a win, it's no fun playing against freaking Cho'Gath.

I spectated that match. Yes, it's a hard match-up for Katarina, but you really played laning phase poorly. You had absolutely zero respect for what Cho'Gath can do, or how he does it.

Just as an example, you simply wouldn't stop going for last hits (mostly by Q->W once you fell really behind after the second death) while his Rupture was up (which he was maxing, you should have been able to tell because he was clearing the caster minions in the back by level 6). You'd consistently get minion blocked trying to dodge his Ruptures and get caught.

And it's not like you couldn't dodge them at all. When he'd try to poke you down at range with Q you'd clear it just fine. Just stand off to the side, force Cho'Gath to decide whether to use Q to clear or poke you - don't let him do both. Do your best farming with Qs at range, let him push up the lane with his Ruptures if he's so inclined. You aren't going to match his wave clear, he's going to make early roaming miserable, so you may as well let the lane push in to facilitate jungle ganks because you weren't killing him without assistance in lane anyways.

You got counter picked hard, you know? Accept that your usually game plan has been thrown out the window and play accordingly as opposed to...hmm...I don't know...Shunpo'ing onto a Cho'Gath surrounded by 5 minions before either jungler has even completed their second buffs when you have <33% health and he has ~40% and his Rupture and ignite are up

do you guys think riot would ever consider keeping new champs out of ranked matches for a patch just so they have time to tune them appropriately

or will people not care or make a big stink about the ridiculousness of new champs if it's not taking place in ranked games

also fewer people would probably buy the new champs if they couldn't use em in ranked right away but i feel like people way overstate the money as a reason for riot doing anything

I'd be down for a brief window where new champions are perma-banned from ranked. I wish that was around when Azir launched.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently leblanc's w speed also got reduced on top of the e width thing

they're not bad nerfs, her dmg is still there and i think reducing the w speed is much better than adding that revert lock thingie from zed's ult, but leblanc isn't really in the bestest of places right now, so i dunno about not giving her anything to compensate

i think she's gonna be pretty fucking bad

cHinzo

i'm not sure how lolgaf feels about sykkuno (i love him) but perfect demonstration of why ekko's invisible w is bullshit

doesn't help that it's really hard to see the clone in a visually busy situation like that (and ekko has a stupid amount of visual noise: passive stacks, flashy passive proc effect, passive speed buff effect, trail and clone from ult and from w, q is pretty huge and stays a while, lich bane effect...)

Love that guy. Followed him since season 2, because he's always so excited when playing (even csing lol) and he always plays different champs. Still not sure how his W was bullshit there. U can see the enemy cast it between 3:09 and 3:10 and he decided to auto attack his face for 4 seconds while standing in the same spot. You bet your ass you're gonna get stunned there. He even had time to flash out of it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Love that guy. Followed him since season 2, because he's always so excited when playing (even csing lol) and he always plays different champs. Still not sure how his W was bullshit there. U can see the enemy cast it between 3:09 and 3:10 and he decided to auto attack his face for 4 seconds while standing in the same spot. You bet your ass you're gonna get stunned there. He even had time to flash out of it.
he gets like half a second chance from something that clearly surprises him since he didn't see the clone (which imo is super hard to see)

my eyesight is pretty shit lately (half the times i literally can't tell the snowballs from the floor in arams), so might be partially my fault, but i really hate how that spell works

Tizoc

You know if Ekko were a female character, Zky wouldn't complain about them :v

I still say make it 0.75 seconds like Vinegar's circle.

Jeff-DSA

I spectated that match. Yes, it's a hard match-up for Katarina, but you really played laning phase poorly. You had absolutely zero respect for what Cho'Gath can do, or how he does it.

From the moment he was picked I had no interest in the match. I just don't care to play against him. Like ever. I wasn't trolling, exactly, but as soon as we were matched up in lane, I made it a "try stuff out" match. As soon as I took it serious, it was fine, but I don't enjoy it in the least. I would rather do yard work than play League of Legends with a Cho'Gath. It removes the desire to play the game from me. Even after winning I just quit.

I asked earlier, but is anybody else getting that bug where you can't left click until you die? You cursor changes and then you can't ping, click the mini map, or do anything that involves a left click. You're forced to scroll to move the camera. It makes it ridiculously hard to play. It was happening to me last night, but I've never seen it before.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
A couple days ago I had to support in a ranked and picked Braum for the hell of it. Nine ranked games later, he's my go to support now.

At the elo I'm playing, if the adc is remotely competent they have to 4v2 botlane to get some kills. Paired with a revved up Jinx those passive stacks pop real fast and don't get me started on some absolutely disgusting Kalista pairings I've had.

The jump + shield + ult combo to save the usual terribly positioned teammate is exactly what I needed to get some wins.

A+++ champ would buy again.

Edwardo

A couple days ago I had to support in a ranked and picked Braum for the hell of it. Nine ranked games later, he's my go to support now.

At the elo I'm playing, if the adc is remotely competent they have to 4v2 botlane to get some kills. Paired with a revved up Jinx those passive stacks pop real fast and don't get me started on some absolutely disgusting Kalista pairings I've had.

The jump + shield + ult combo to save the usual terribly positioned teammate is exactly what I needed to get some wins.

Hell yeah. I love Braum. I dunno why I haven't been playing him much lately.

garath

Very cool. I think I'll pick him up when I get a chance.

I've had to support recently a few times and I've started with Nautilus and returned to Blitzcrank. Nautilus is just awesome. CC for days and tanky as hell. Blitzcrank is just blitzcrank. It's like free wins if you can land a skillshot. The nerf to his speed up was pretty harsh though.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea braum's alright

he's got that issue with me that i keep mixing up which spell is w and which spell is e and i always fuck up a couple of times in-game because of that

nowadays i'm playing mostly lulu and thresh as support. lulu specially feels really strong and replaced nami for me. i'm kind of sad cos i loved nami so much but at least lulu has like top tier laugh

Nekofrog

Banned
i'm in love with the idea of braum, i just don't like his execution. yeah, he was kind of overtuned on release but now I feel like there isn't a huge advantage to taking him right now. there are better disengagers, his engage isn't reliable. his chase isn't as good as other support champions but is still OK, provided you have enough people to get auto's off before the target gets away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom