• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played rek'sai for the first time following an Oddone build i saw from probuilds. She's a little underwhelming when you go full tank but damn if she's not strong.

I kept screwing up a lot because i forgot you couldn't see while burrowed so i would just be alone next to three of them and not know it.
'
edit: she also has some really good emotes.

edit2: Zky im looking at my steam friends list and did you do what i think you did

They finally decided to put ally icons beside the minimap.

Still wishing for mana cost display on the skills so that I'll know if I have enough mana for a spell rotation. Ally summoner spell display would be nice too. Kinda hard to see the ult dot.

Nekofrog

Banned
He's a terrible jungler.

Jeff stated that he liked living in a world where people could be banned for being terrible at LoL, and that he was sad when I took that sense away from him. Hopefully his belief in such a world has been reinvigorated.

How can you be a fair judge of someone's skill at LoL when all you play is Dominion.

CATCH22.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just played rek'sai for the first time following an Oddone build i saw from probuilds. She's a little underwhelming when you go full tank but damn if she's not strong.

I kept screwing up a lot because i forgot you couldn't see while burrowed so i would just be alone next to three of them and not know it.
'
edit: she also has some really good emotes.

edit2: Zky im looking at my steam friends list and did you do what i think you did

?

zkylon

zkylewd
wedding_gown_ahri_by_lengyou-d8vvbs7.jpg

not enough wedding dress skins

Waifu Ahri is a bit too literal for me.

I hate it when I pick a difficult champ like Syndra and the other team wins by headbutting their keyboards with Amumu and Maokai and Annie. So discouraging.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I hate it when I pick a difficult champ like Syndra and the other team wins by headbutting their keyboards with Amumu and Maokai and Annie. So discouraging.

Welcome to the league of point and click win.

zkylon

zkylewd
keep dreaming boy.
well i am a dreamer

i like wedding dresses

sue me

syndra's not worth playing anymore

there's no any motivation to play syndra because they directly nerfed her strengths when she was perfectly balanced

oh and they introduced a million bugs too because whatever

playing syndra was super rewarding once, it's not the meta that fucked her over, it's poor balancing

dat skin is ugly

what

evs

The tank meta, man. The lowest skill champs in the game are just dominant.

low skill champions have always been dominant

annie, malzahar, katarina, janna, amumu, graves, leona, ziggs, champions like those being strong is nothing new to the tank meta

In a game where being mechanically skilled makes up maaaaybe 20% of what's actually important, I find the frustration over low-skill champs pretty ridiculous.

Newt

In a game where being mechanically skilled makes up maaaaybe 20% of what's actually important, I find the frustration over low-skill champs pretty ridiculous.
Lets have a deal here. Before every ranked game you play, post the team comps of both teams. I'll identify which team has the easiest champs, and will be able to determine which team wins with a 75% accuracy simply to prove you wrong.

Blizzard

Banned
I do think it's a little funny when someone loses and says after the game that your champion requires no skill.

Even if that were the case, if I'm trying to rank up, do they expect me to handicap myself with additional optional difficulty or something? :p

Newt

I do think it's a little funny when someone loses and says after the game that your champion requires no skill.

Even if that were the case, if I'm trying to rank up, do they expect me to handicap myself with additional optional difficulty or something? :p
Of course, use every advantage you have to win.

If you don't know how to support, play Leona. If you don't know to jungle, play Amumu.

Blizzard

Banned
Of course, use every advantage you have to win.

If you don't know how to support, play Leona. If you don't know to jungle, play Amumu.
I've made this mistake before and done HORRIBLY losing games as jungle Amumu. He may be easy, but he's sure not easy enough for me.

On the other hand, I'm randomly 4-0 as Garen this season in ranked. He's become my go-to "I need to go top lane tank and I have no idea what I'm doing" champion. The only catch is that you have to survive past early game long enough to get black cleaver or whatever. Laning against Teemo was really painful, but I still won the game in the end.

Lets have a deal here. Before every ranked game you play, post the team comps of both teams. I'll identify which team has the easiest champs, and will be able to determine which team wins with a 75% accuracy simply to prove you wrong.
The problem with this argument is that "easiest" is a vague term based on opinion. I could say that I will identify which team has the "coolest" champs, and then behind the scenes I could check win rates and produce the same results, but I could claim that my chosen champions are still the "coolest".

Leezard

Ashe is a simple go-to adc now since she's both top tier and one of the absolutely easiest ones. I wonder how much time will have to pass until people tire of seeing Ashe.

xezuru

Doing pretty well, don't play ranked suuuuper often, but got a good 3 win hat trick to end the night, thinkin I'm getting better at teamfighting and ward control.

Hopefully push on to Gold in a couple days.

Newt

Ashe is a simple go-to adc now since she's both top tier and one of the absolutely easiest ones. I wonder how much time will have to pass until people tire of seeing Ashe.
This is true, but Ashe is still inherently going to be harder than Amumu or Leona. Not that support is inherently easier than ADC tho, someone like Braum is much more difficult to play than Graves.

Leezard

This is true, but Ashe is still inherently going to be harder than Amumu or Leona. Not that support is inherently easier than ADC tho, someone like Braum is much more difficult to play than Graves.
For sure, she's less one dimensional than them.

jerd

Low skill champions have always been dominant, but the tank meta introduced a few more.

I think this is only true bc the stronger a champ is the easier it is to play them effectively. Yasuo and riven for example have always been a high skill cap champs, but used to be so strong you could just faceroll with them with minimal experience. I think leblanc has high skill characteristics but is so safe it is really hard to call her a high skill champ. I don't think low skill=strong is necessarily related to mechanical requirements of certain champs. Similar to how playing something that is generally considered weak takes a lot more knowledge to get the same result compared to op shit

syndra's not worth playing anymore

there's no any motivation to play syndra because they directly nerfed her strengths when she was perfectly balanced

oh and they introduced a million bugs too because whatever

playing syndra was super rewarding once, it's not the meta that fucked her over, it's poor balancing

I totally agree. She can dominate lane in some matchups, but being useful in team fights is way more effort than it's worth. And the bugs are silly some times. The other day E launched my sphere backwards. That's not helpful.

Blizzard

Banned
Fun statistic of the day: Bronze and silver are the only solo queue ranks where Ekko appears to have ever gone over 50% win rate on lolking. At all higher ranks, the win rate drops.

Newt

So who's worth a ban these days?

I kinda wanna always ban Ahri, because all the Ahri players I've played with are so damn bad.

In this order

1. Hecarm - Low skill, faceroll
2. Cho'Gath - Low skill, faceroll
3. Kat - Low skill, faceroll
4. Ekko - Too much of an unknown
5. Gragas - Low skill, faceroll
6. Nunu - Low skill, faceroll
7. Annie - Too strong from behind
8. Alistar - Too much presence
9. Janna - Situational ban, counterpick based

In this order

1. Hecarm - Low skill, faceroll
2. Cho'Gath - Low skill, faceroll
3. Kat - Low skill, faceroll
4. Ekko - Too much of an unknown
5. Gragas - Low skill, faceroll
6. Nunu - Low skill, faceroll
7. Annie - Too strong from behind
8. Alistar - Too much presence
9. Janna - Situational ban, counterpick based

Sejuani's not much of a threat these days? Alright then.

Newt

I mean, she's still strong, but not strong enough to warrant a ban anymore. Nunu is significantly more of a threat.

I mean, she's still strong, but not strong enough to warrant a ban anymore. Nunu is significantly more of a threat.

Yes, but I feel as if Nunu is less impactful (I mean by the average player, not potentially) at lower elos. Of course the same could be said for many on the list but I think it's especially true for Nunu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom