• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think noot is crazy if he says sej is not worth a ban

gragas is more op tho

how is janna low skill?

Maybe I'm just a bad janna player
i mean, you dont have to do much to do ok with janna, most of her spells are pretty straightforward

Hey, my team worked on the new HUD. Hit me up if you have more detailed feedback, especially once you've used it.
oh that's awesome, i really like it, specially having all the ally info right next to the minimap

what was the reasoning behind not having features like ally manabars and ult cd timers tho?

Low skill champions have always been dominant, but the tank meta introduced a few more.
i mean, i'm pretty sure it's always been like this, a couple more, a couple less, but easy champions are just better at solo q because of how little they demand of the player and the team

it's just much more difficult to coordinate a teamfight with azir than it is with annie

I think this is only true bc the stronger a champ is the easier it is to play them effectively. Yasuo and riven for example have always been a high skill cap champs, but used to be so strong you could just faceroll with them with minimal experience. I think leblanc has high skill characteristics but is so safe it is really hard to call her a high skill champ. I don't think low skill=strong is necessarily related to mechanical requirements of certain champs. Similar to how playing something that is generally considered weak takes a lot more knowledge to get the same result compared to op shit
leblanc has a very high skillfloor because of how she plays out in the mid-late game if you don't know what you're doing. unless you're pretty massively fed she's pretty similar to zed, you can't just hope for trading aoe ultimates in teamfights like you do with most champions in soloq, so you have to create picks on your own and move a lot around teamfights, specially now that there's so many tanks with easy to land cc

I totally agree. She can dominate lane in some matchups, but being useful in team fights is way more effort than it's worth. And the bugs are silly some times. The other day E launched my sphere backwards. That's not helpful.
the problem is that riot had absolutely no idea what they wanted to do with syndra and randomly nerfed her laning+broke her e completely

what's syndra's identity if you remove both her main strengths?

zkylon

zkylewd
talesofvaloran63.png

i love how lendo khar is kind of not even trying anymore and just giving me cute pictures to aww at

Well that Lucian game was a flop. Our Morgana was so damn salty and mad though, I couldn't help but delight myself in her anger.

And I guess:What the hell do I build on an ADC anyways?

Leezard

In this order

1. Hecarm - Low skill, faceroll
2. Cho'Gath - Low skill, faceroll
3. Kat - Low skill, faceroll
4. Ekko - Too much of an unknown
5. Gragas - Low skill, faceroll
6. Nunu - Low skill, faceroll
7. Annie - Too strong from behind
8. Alistar - Too much presence
9. Janna - Situational ban, counterpick based
It's a reasonable enough list. I'd replace Nunu with LB though, add Ashe and remove all of the support bans. Nunu is really annoying, but thankfully almost nobody plays him.

MaxiLive

Well that Lucian game was a flop. Our Morgana was so damn salty and mad though, I couldn't help but delight myself in her anger.

And I guess:What the hell do I build on an ADC anyways?

I only play a few adc champs but usually IE, Phantom Dancer/Shiv(usually depends how the team is doing), Blood thirstier, Last Whisper then something defensive if needed or another phantom dancer if you are crazy ahead :p

It's a reasonable enough list. I'd replace Nunu with LB though, add Ashe and remove all of the support bans. Nunu is really annoying, but thankfully almost nobody plays him.

Ashe seems incredibly stronk right now. Where would you rank her on the list?

I only play a few adc champs but usually IE, Phantom Dancer/Shiv(usually depends how the team is doing), Blood thirstier, Last Whisper then something defensive if needed or another phantom dancer if you are crazy ahead :p

I had a statikk shiv and an incomplete IE and a Vamp Scepter in my inventory.Our morgana was baffled at the Shiv.

Oh well. I should really learn ADC, but it's just soo boooring

Leezard

My ordering differs a bit. I'd put gragas in the top, Ashe second and chogath third. Hecarim and the rest is lower priority for me.

I believe heca is a larger threat than Cho but in my experience barely any mid laners or top laners (players, not champs) can handle Cho, so I have to ban him.
Who will rise as a good ADC once Ashe can't damage towers anymore? (without using normal attacks)
Ashe will still be top tier I think. Kalista is up there too.

MaxiLive

I had a statikk shiv and an incomplete IE and a Vamp Scepter in my inventory.Our morgana was baffled at the Shiv.

If you were ahead then maybe a ghostblade may of been better but I'm not too sure with Lucian I think a shiv is fine on him! ADC can be pretty boring as it is tricky to dictate how the lane will be played depending on what your support is doing.

Sometimes you have hyper aggressive supports who are great at zoning giving you the freedom to harass and farm, then the next game will be a super passive support who has zero presence which means you get zoned off farm slowing down the pace of the laning phase.

zkylon

zkylewd
Who will rise as a good ADC once Ashe can't damage towers anymore? (without using normal attacks)
not much difference, sivir will still be strong, jinx will still be strong

My ordering differs a bit. I'd put gragas in the top, Ashe second and chogath third. Hecarim and the rest is lower priority for me.

I believe heca is a larger threat than Cho but in my experience barely any mid laners or top laners (players, not champs) can handle Cho, so I have to ban him.

i speak from experience

i can't handle the cho

Nekofrog

Banned

one more win boys. approaching 60%wr with irelia. i was originally on the team with that trynd, vayne, and twisted fate and couldn't dodge due to promos. someone else did and thank god i wasnt on their team again.

garath

Ashe is a simple go-to adc now since she's both top tier and one of the absolutely easiest ones. I wonder how much time will have to pass until people tire of seeing Ashe.

Never. I have too many Ashe skins. She was one of my goto adcs before the rework. Now she's just that much more fun to play.

we did it boys.

never laned vs a naut before and i fucked up early.

Grats!! Nice job.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
one more win boys. approaching 60%wr with irelia. i was originally on the team with that trynd, vayne, and twisted fate and couldn't dodge due to promos. someone else did and thank god i wasnt on their team again.

Dat name change

Nekofrog

Banned
i have mountains of ip and nothing to spend it on. i decided im going to go with monthly name change rotations because why not.

Newt

Yeah, Leblanc is actually a common mistake for people to ban. She actually has one of the lowest winrates for a midlaner.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Start watching LCK vods, see Faker go mid Irelia.

RIP solo queue.

Leezard

Yeah, Leblanc is actually a common mistake for people to ban. She actually has one of the lowest winrates for a midlaner.
She's had a low win rate for a long time for sure. She's not the highest priority ban but she's often oppressive in my experience, and mid laners often want her banned when I ask for wishes. It might be confirmation bias or it might be that there's more people who can play lb properly than people that can deal with lb properly in my elo. It's hard to say.

Newt

She's had a low win rate for a long time for sure. She's not the highest priority ban but she's often oppressive in my experience, and mid laners often want her banned when I ask for wishes. It might be confirmation bias or it might be that there's more people who can play lb properly than people that can deal with lb properly in my elo. It's hard to say.
Yeah, it's definitely just confirmation bias. I've seen LeBlanc go 5/0 in lane and lose the game, and this kinda thing happens often. You should try not banning her and see this for yourself.

Anyways, I would never ban her with just 3 bans. If you're looking for champs people can't play against ban Shaco.

Leezard

Yeah, it's definitely just confirmation bias. I've seen LeBlanc go 5/0 in lane and lose the game, and this kinda thing happens often. You should try not banning her and see this for yourself.

Anyways, I would never ban her with just 3 bans. If you're looking for champs people can't play against ban Shaco.

She's not close to my top 3 bans, I pretty much only ban her when someone on my team asks for it. I might make an effort now not to ban her despite that though, now that I'm aware of the possible confirmation bias.

I would ban shaco, fiddle or nunu if any one of them actually saw enough play. They are monsters in solo queue but luckily very few people play them.
I'm surprised more people don't prioritize banning Nautilus.

I ban him sometimes when I'm out of other high priority bans. He's also annoying but nothing close to the other top tier annoying champs.

jerd

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1845931864/202336775?tab=overview

I've never felt so fortunate to win a game. I also don't think I've ever had to bail someone out as much as our adc. 2 of my 4 teammates in champ select had immediate red flags that would typically make me just dodge but I didnt feel like waiting. Our last pick said they were a smurf so we should let them jungle, and our 4th pick said "im not good at adc" then locks in draven. "smurf" has a 55% win rate in silver and a pretty typical looking match history, so i'm not buying it, and if you can't adc then for the love of god why do you lock in the hardest adc in the game. Alls well that ends well tho i guess

Also since there is 0 chance of this holding up I figured I'd share

eHnBh.png

Jeff-DSA

If I'm not playing mid, I'll sometimes ban Leblanc because I'm wary and don't trust my mid to not feed her and turn her into an absolute mid-game terror. If I'm going mid, I don't generally ban any mid champs. Right now I'm banning Sejuani, Hecarim (unless I'm top), and then asking for what people want me to ban. Ideally, these 6 would draw bans though:

- Sejuani
- Hecarim
- Cho'Gath
- Blitzcrank (I don't care how weak they make him, his grab changes games)
- Nunu
- Gragas

Interesting to see Cho high on so many lists.

I guess I wasn't crazy a few weeks ago when I was here complaining about him and Sej as part of this tank meta bullshit. I dealt with him several times before that series of posts and he was probably one of the most obnoxious late game experiences I've ever encountered in LoL, along with Sej. To be able to deal the kind of damage he (and Sej) can output with just 1 real offensive item is ridiculous. But w/e. Nice to know I wans't off my rocker as I futilely tried to chip away at their HP bars with a 6-slotted, critting Jayce for 10 seconds while they literally 3-shot teammates.

Jeff-DSA

Cho'Gath is just supremely unfun to play against, even if you have a favorable match up against him. One lucky Q means you're also going to eat his W and R and be dead. His damage scales up so fast when he's maxing Q that you can't build MR fast enough unless you want to severely gimp your early laning. So he ends up chunking you for 1,000 HP on a single ability while you're still struggling to clear your waves because you're forced to build an Abyssal Scepter rather than getting into Luden's or Rabadon's.

Strong CC, a silence, a true damage ult (that's insanely strong), and tankiness for days.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm still surprised we haven't seen a ton of Cho in professional leagues. He has some of the best burst in the game, and it's mostly AoE with strong cc. All while being naturally quite tanky.

I guess it's his lack of mobility but that damage seems too good to pass up.

Leezard

I'm still surprised we haven't seen a ton of Cho in professional leagues. He has some of the best burst in the game, and it's mostly AoE with strong cc. All while being naturally quite tanky.

I guess it's his lack of mobility but that damage seems too good to pass up.

We have seen him quite a bit. Not a "ton" I guess, but he's popular.

Jeff-DSA

im so rusty at playing sona

don't even enjoy playing her anymore

Man, I rarely see her now. She's pretty fun to play against, because she can frustrate you with such strong poke, but if you can catch her slightly out of position, you can blow her up big time. It's such a tense cat and mouse game with her.

I don't think the meta right now is especially kind to her either. Picking her into a hard engage supp is gonna be a tough matchup.

Gotta play it right. If you poke a hard engager down to < half hp and keep them there, you severely gimp their desire to hard engage. You can beat hard engagers into being passive for the full early game with lane control and constant harass. If you let a hard engager hang around a lane with full hp and mana, bad things are going to happen to you.

garath

Man, I rarely see her now. She's pretty fun to play against, because she can frustrate you with such strong poke, but if you can catch her slightly out of position, you can blow her up big time. It's such a tense cat and mouse game with her.

Yeah. I prefer playing Nautilus where I can just walk around the lane like nothing, chuckling at the "poke" I'm getting, then CC the daylights out of someone for my jungler to casually walk in and kill the opponents. No cat and mouse here. Just Elephant and mouse.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't think the meta right now is especially kind to her either. Picking her into a hard engage supp is gonna be a tough matchup.
It's not that bad honestly. Her laning phase is very forgiving to me compared to stuff like Nami. AD carries with long range easy return harass like Ashe are a bigger problem, but Sona is still in a good spot.

Pancakes

im so rusty at playing sona

don't even enjoy playing her anymore

&#2919;( &#3232; &#1044; &#3232; )&#2920;

She's in a terrible state right now in the meta. It's all about tank supports with CC and instant engage and every other support is quite frankly inferior. They really need to revert those HP nerfs and Q damage nerfs on her.

Jeff-DSA

It's not that bad honestly. Her laning phase is very forgiving to me compared to stuff like Nami. AD carries with long range easy return harass like Ashe are a bigger problem, but Sona is still in a good spot.

I would say that she's in a good spot for people who are very experienced with her. Anybody just trying her out is going to get annihilated and feed hard. There are lots of more forgiving supports that still perform well, such as Nautilus.

Bacon

Yeah I wouldn't say she's in a shit tier or anything like that but if you pick her against a morg/soraka/lulu or something like that you'll probably have a better time. Morg can probably actually still make life hell for her.

Leezard

She's kinda binary, sure. No hard engage? It's near a free lane. Hard engage? It's near a free lane for the opponents. Sure you can work around it against engage lanes like Dreams suggested but I'd much rather pick Nami since she has more options in those lanes.
Sona is pretty much an anti-Janna pick for me nowadays. If the enemies blind-pick Janna they shall regret it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I would say that she's in a good spot for people who are very experienced with her. Anybody just trying her out is going to get annihilated and feed hard. There are lots of more forgiving supports that still perform well, such as Nautilus.
I just don't find Nautilus to be as forgiving as you guys do.

killatopak

Gold Member

She was pretty popular back when DJ Sona skin released but I agree that there's less of her now.

I seldom see Lulu too so I wonder if she's still viable in the tank meta if everybody's tanky already.

Most often, I see Janna and Thresh as support.

Leezard

She was pretty popular back when DJ Sona skin released but I agree that there's less of her now.

I seldom see Lulu too so I wonder if she's still viable in the tank meta if everybody's tanky already.

Most often, I see Janna and Thresh as support.

I play Lulu at times when I think the team really needs to protect someone and peel off assassins. I think she's still good. She does decent enough against hard engage lanes and can handle stuff like Janna/Morgana/Thresh just fine.

edit: apparently Lulu is my second most played in ranked this season.

zkylon

zkylewd
im 100% blaming myself for being shit at her, tho i do think she's a lot less fun nowadays

rather play lulu every game

i think lulu is pretty strong right now

Jeff-DSA

Statement: Thresh is top 3 in fun to play champions in ARAM. Going full AD is hilarious. He lays down so much damage and just controls the whole scene. In a mode that's totally not serious, it's fun to play a champ so opposite of how they should be played and watch it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom