• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

I got to be a sub in one of the top EUW Dom teams in a Dominion tournament earlier this week, the rest of the team really knew how to play Dom so they carried while I mostly held bot lane. We got three straight wins for the first place. It will be fun to have Triumphant Ryze.
We even won a game where one of our team members was dc'd for more than half of the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
i blame noot for everything

I got to be a sub in one of the top teams in a Dominion tournament earlier this week, the rest of the team really knew how to play Dom while I mostly held bot lane. We got three straight wins for the first place.
We even won a game where one of our team members was dc'd for more than half of the game.
nice

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
This thread is full of jerks who know how to stay just on the right side of bannination lines.

I'll just say this: if you make enough "jerk-ish but not so jerk-ish that you deserve to be banned" posts, they can, when accumulated, make for a ban.

Stop banning me for being bad at LoL.

pls.

edit:

I requested that particular ban

killatopak

Gold Member
So I've been playing some more of this game (it's far too addictive!!) and I'm looking for some champion recommendations.

I've been playing mainly Morgana in a support or mid role because normally support is the position left to fill, and I'm super comfortable playing her now so the transition to mid isn't too bad.

Filling other spots I'd pick Sivir/Ashe, Garen or Amumu.

Basically my question: are there any champions who play in a similar way to Morgana for other lanes? I seem to prefer the ranged/pokey champions. I think I should play more mid/top/jungle in solo queue so that I don't have to rely on a random in bot lane.

I might pick up the champions bundle, digital collectors bundle or both eventually if they're worth it.

Edit: I'm level 15 so I'm not looking for super in depth analysis or anything, I've never played ~90% of the champions in the game.

Maybe try Vel'Koz or Xerath? They're pretty poke heavy.

Jeff-DSA

Stop being so bad at LoL and I won't have to!

He was not actually banned for being bad at LoL for those who care

Why did you take this from me? The world just lost a little magic.

I've been spectating a lot of Ekko games. It's pretty clear that people playing him or playing against him haven't figured things out yet. So many bad engages from both sides.

Has the new patch resulted in more login crashes lately? By "login crash" I mean you type your password, hit Enter, and then it just crashes due to an error.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Why did you take this from me? The world just lost a little magic.

I've been spectating a lot of Ekko games. It's pretty clear that people playing him or playing against him haven't figured things out yet. So many bad engages from both sides.

Looks like someone is bad at LoL :).

Opiate

wait why did jeff get banned -__-

He's a terrible jungler.

Jeff stated that he liked living in a world where people could be banned for being terrible at LoL, and that he was sad when I took that sense away from him. Hopefully his belief in such a world has been reinvigorated.

zkylon

zkylewd
He's a terrible jungler.

Jeff stated that he liked living in a world where people could be banned for being terrible at LoL, and that he was sad when I took that sense away from him. Hopefully his belief in such a world has been reinvigorated.
hmm alright i guess, you understand why someone needs banning better than i do

how long is the ban? hopefully not too long

I need the tag: "Just slightly to the right side of the bannimation line"

you need the tag "nice asshole"

Opiate

hmm alright i guess, you understand why someone needs banning better than i do

how long is the ban? hopefully not too long

It's a perm, obviously.

I need the tag: "Just slightly to the right side of the bannimation line"

It sounds in good fun, but from experience, I can tell you what would happen: your tag would be endlessly quoted to dismiss your arguments in all situations, even when they don't deserve to be.

Pancakes

What Jeff will see as he logs into LoL.

Opiate teamed up with Rito costy.

zcJhEta.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Has the new patch resulted in more login crashes lately? By "login crash" I mean you type your password, hit Enter, and then it just crashes due to an error.
Not only do I have to login twice every single time now, but it only works if you enter the right password the first time. To add insult to injury, it'll still report a password error, instead of just letting you quickly crash it and relaunch.

Blizzard

Banned
When hitboxes are being updated to match visuals, I really wish something could be done about Lux laser. Even aside from Lux's E being practically invisible on some backgrounds or with some skins, her R is one of the main spells I get hit with when I (because of the camera angle?) think I am completely below the spell display.

Ashe nerfs. RIP :(

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/06/62-pbe-update.html

I'm perfectly fine with the no flurry on tower nerf, but the volley nerf? That's a little harsh.
Flurry on structures was one ot the best things about new Ashe. Very strong similar to Jinx or Tristana on structures, you still had to get in range to use it, and you had to have the Q properly charged. Otherwise, the 18-second cooldown would stop you.

I'd rather they just start with the volley nerf. Since it's PBE, who knows what the final version will be.

*edit* Sorry for double post, I had two I was typing up at once and forgot.

zkylon

zkylewd
When hitboxes are being updated to match visuals, I really wish something could be done about Lux laser. Even aside from Lux's E being practically invisible on some backgrounds or with some skins, her R is one of the main spells I get hit with when I (because of the camera angle?) think I am completely below the spell display.

yeah, and the other way around

lately i feel like i've been missing tons of lux q's that totally look like they landed yet they went right through ppl

Blizzard

Banned
My poor Ekko performance continues. I went 9/1/10. Our team went all-mid after I asked, and won 1 or 2 teamfights that way, easily. We were ahead, we were winning fights, we could take inhibitors.

After having something happen twice successfully, do you think they would try it again?

No. ADC went solo top, support went solo bot, and the other team instantly took 3 mid towers and inhib. The ADC and support ignored it while this was happening. The other team followed with baron and nexus. :(

It's sort of the opposite of pet training. If a pet gets a treat for something, you'd think it would do it again. This is like, a pet getting treats for doing a trick, and instead choosing to jump into a campfire.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think Blizzard is the nicest person in this thread. I have not seen an ounce of toxicity from him since he started playing this game years ago.

Blizzard

Banned
I think Blizzard is the nicest person in this thread. I have not seen an ounce of toxicity from him since he started playing this game years ago.
I get super frustrated ingame though. I feel like it makes me into a worse person but I'm addicted.

That's fine, you can have the title :)
The very act of giving up the nicest person title makes you nicer, thus gaining you the title!

jerd

He's a terrible jungler.

I believe lolgaf has now seen both the best and worst bans in gaf history

zkylon

zkylewd
love the new ui, looks really nice and it's smart to bundle things together

you look at the minimap and you see your teammates' stats (unfortunately no exp/mana), you look at the center of the screen and you see your items

really cool

Leezard

Jayce
[REMINDER: Jayce has a large list of changes on the PBE, including being able to rank each of his abilities up to 6 and his R passively increasing in power. The numbers below are relative to the updated kit on the PBE, not to live.]
Hyper Charge (Gun W) bonus now 70/78/86/94/102/110% from 75/80/85/90/95/100
Hyper Charge (Gun W) cooldown increased to 13/11.4/9.8/8.2/6.6/4 from 14/12/10/8/6/4
[Note: Gun W now has the same top end % at rank 6 with these changes as it is with rank 5 on live.

Jayce getting some of the nerfs reverted.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You're bringing back some bad memories.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You're bringing back some bad memories.
Dance in my Blood said:
Blizzard said:
I am not meaning to complain about this or say she is underpowered...
Then let me; Sivir is the most useless champion in the game and should never be picked by anyone who actually wants to contribute to their team.

You want my advice on what you should do with Sivir? Stop playing her. You could be getting better at champions that will actually have an impact on games instead.

omnia mutantur, nihil interit
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom