• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

Well w/e. It doesn't really matter anyways.
e013b5701984a996f6daccb499ee1615.png

Am I alone in thinking Ziggs is completely useless? Why would you pick him over AP Kog'maw or Xerath or Nidalee or even Varus? Nobody who's paying attention is ever going to get hit by a Ziggs Q unless it's point blank range. Even then, it'll likely just bounce over their heads.

Bacon

Am I alone in thinking Ziggs is completely useless? Why would you pick him over AP Kog'maw or Xerath or Nidalee or even Varus? Nobody who's paying attention is ever going to get hit by a Ziggs Q unless it's point blank range. Even then, it'll likely just bounce over their heads.

eh he's good for waveclear. Probably better in competitive right now then solo q

I'm watching the LPL going on right now, and I don't know if it's the shitty Chinese Client, but I've seen a huge amount of times that the models go into the 'T-Pose' when recalling. It's so bad.

zkylon

zkylewd
The thing is, Riot sucks at prioritizing skins. I mean, Lux and Riven have gotten how many skins? Trundle BARELY got a new one where he's a constable. Then you have characters like Kennen, Taric, or Swain who haven't gotten skin in YEARS.

YEAAAARS. Y-E-A-R-S. 3 years for Swain, 4 years for Kennen/Taric. Fucking YEAAAARS.

Does Riven or Ahri REALLY need another skin? Does Lux really need another pandering skin?

like always, ppl have shitty selective memories

trundle got a vu which kind of shook up things, which is why he didn't have a skin in a long while, but now he gets one so why are we complaining?

taric is also gonna have a vu, no point in making a skin for a champion who's appearance is gonna drastically change any day now

kennen and swain are acceptable complaints, i think both of them are probably gonna get vu's (and swain probably a rework), but sure

now, last riven skin was in october 2012. two years.

last lux skin was in february 2013. two years. remember that the previous lux skin was universally hated too, so the pandering remark, maybe not exactly warranted...

now let's think ahri, riot is definitely focused on putting out ahri skin after ahri skin out right? well, ahri essentially has gotten a skin every year she's been out, that's true, but you know how many skins have gotten released since january, when the last ahri skin was released?

38 (thirty eight), without counting the new dinosaur skins. are you honestly gonna tell me riot is focusing on lux and riven and ahri and not putting out skins for their other champions?

just read the list here if u don't believe me: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion_skin/Available_skins

Riot sucks at managing things. They just do. Whether it's the gameplay code, whether it's the logging in or connection issues, whether it's the air client that still breaks from time to time, whether it's their slow store page that is visually a mess, whether it's the issue of having to disable certain companies, Riot has issues.
riot is slow, sure, and they're pretty shit at many things

Sure you can argue 'Well they have to serve millions!' Valve is doing just fine with DotA. Each champion or hero or whatever they call it has a multitude of skins, you never hear about any issues with the DotA client itself, hell I believe their tournament prize pool is the largest in Esport history.
from what i've seen most of the doto skins are pretty boring and uninspired. i've seen a couple good ones but most of them are just a small armor redesign or whatever. no vfx, no special vo, no new animations, just a new hat, a new bow, etc., still $5-10.

the market thing is really cool for getting things cheaper (specially since u can just sell shitty items you get for other champions you don't play). valve has a lot of cool stuff that i wish rito adopted, like being able to play across regions with the same account

they also have a lot of shitty things that i don't like, like user-exploiting random drops or not having a spanish-speaking server for latin america

....So what the hell is Riot doing with all the money they have? It makes me sad. It makes me sad that various champions are cool, but are just ignored and forgotten about because of the I don't know fuck you attitude Riot has.
making the game? they made a new map, new champions, new ui, a billion skins (as shown above), new punishment system, champion mastery, special modes, lcs, patches every month...

cmon dude

The sad thing is, Lux, Riven, Ahri, Lee Sin or whoever the 'popular' champions are will keep getting skins more than other champions.
yes, the popular champions will get more skins, because popular champions are the face of the game and making a skin for ahri is super worth for riot in that a ton of ppl will buy it and get excited for it, whereas making a skin for someone unpopular like swain is just not as great use of their money and time

they still do it, even moreso lately, and that's why champions like eve or trundle or xerath or whatever get skins after an eternity of not having any. they also have a release schedule that makes sense for them, so they don't release like a billion skins at once (unless they're part of a set like ssw skins), which means that maybe they're working on a swain skin, just not gonna release it right now because maybe they want to pair it with a rework or event or whatever. or in some cases like yorick they don't release skins because yorick is awful and they don't want anyone playing him while they're reworking him (fuck yorick so fine by me lol)

unless you want like swain but with like a slightly different staff and hat or whatever like doto lol this is not a crazy unfair system riot has going on. just look at the number of skins and tell me if 4 or 5 out of 38 (in only 5 months!) being for like popular champions like katarina, ahri, teemo, is something that's completely unreasonable

Riots talked about the process they go through-Basically it's usually one artist working on their favorite hero, and then they pretty much decide through popular vote or whatever. Basically the more popular a hero is at the offices, the higher chances that people will work on it.

It's a goddamn mess.
i duno, like i said, those 38 skins aren't all for ahri, katarina, etc., there's good variety of new and old champions and champions with few skins like trundle and champions with a million of em like teemo

i'm sure inspiration comes easier when your champion looks like ahri, but again it's not like they never release skins for other champions

Boxer lee and cop Voli are my favorites in that span probably. I don't even remember many other recent ones and i love skins

Also love luchador braum but i think he's too expensive

Edit: actually id say the last 3 months or so have been forgettable but gold velkoz, blood moon elise, and the snow day skins were all good and that's the last 6 months
i think you're forgetting one...

pG2k41g.gif

she's prettier, though
tru

nah, i think he's in a pretty good state

lots of sustained dmg and really good zoning in teamfights if you're good on him. he's just a lot less facerolly now

i think he's better than xerath now cos xerath just can't do shit against tanks because he's so slow and telegraphed. ziggs can just minefield and satchel to peel for adc and keep throwing q's and autos and obviously ult.

ap kog is pretty weak early and can be abused pretty hard in lane specially if jungler comes help

nidalee and varus i don't think they're very good right now, hard engage beats poke and if there's something that there's as lot in the game right now it's hard engage

I dunno how you can say Ziggs is bad in a meta built around spammable poke. His stalling potential is still unmatched thanks to his ult and he deals a fuckton of damage on short CDs, and he's the safest of the poke mages not counting Ezreal mid going AP.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fiora hasn't had a new skin in like 3 years

pls gibe Fiora skin

oh and zkylon Riven's last skin was actually January 2014
yea i meant like the time between skins

last riven skin before dragonblade was championship in october 2012. so year and a half, rather than two. and now another year since

also yea fiora could get a new skin, and a new kit while we're at it :>

I dunno how you can say Ziggs is bad in a meta built around spammable poke. His stalling potential is still unmatched thanks to his ult and he deals a fuckton of damage on short CDs, and he's the safest of the poke mages not counting Ezreal mid going AP.
yeah i think ziggs is just underrated

Tizoc

BRONZE 1
BRONZE 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
giphy.gif

OuFm4qd.png

http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/EUN1/205390904

In case the above link doesn't work, one game enemy team was all ad with Ashe+Vayne at bot, Vayne was dealing annoying damage to me but our Twitch was able to get a lot of early kills.
Only issue my team had was that they'd solo a lot during mid game, but eventually we managed to take the win.

In the next game I was with a Lucian and we did really good, but damn if Lux can deal damage at lvl. 6 woah.

Also I'll concede that my Malph build is not the ideal or one to go with, but hey I'm getting wins and kills~

Cause a blind man could dodge his Q? I dunno. I just feel like Kog outclasses him massively. He has a much easier time hitting the back line. And even tanks don't appreciate a Q,E,R combo from AP Kog.

When your ult is on a 120 second cd and the best use for it is waveclear, that sounds like a useless champ to me lol.

It's not "the best use", it's one of the uses that separates Ziggs from the rest of his kind, you can always throw it into the middle of a hard engage teamfight like any other mage and melt teams with it since it does a fuckton of damage. Also his Q is similar to Nidalee, it's so incredibly spammable that it doesn't matter if you can dodge, he'll hit you eventually and it'll hurt, and mid teamfights when shit like Gragas is jumping on you you don't get the opportunity to dodge.

Being able to deal with a gigantic bot lane wave without giving up Baron is huge. The fact that other champions are better at his job doesn't mean he's trash.

Cause a blind man could dodge his Q? I dunno. I just feel like Kog outclasses him massively. He has a much easier time hitting the back line. And even tanks don't appreciate a Q,E,R combo from AP Kog.

When your ult is on a 120 second cd and the best use for it is waveclear, that sounds like a useless champ to me lol.
What do you built on ap kog I have only played him adc?

zkylon

zkylewd

i mean, that's what ppl say about irelia

i mean, kog has shit laning, ziggs has really good laning.

also i duno why u underrate the dmg of ziggs' ult in teamfights, it's pretty nuts

What do you built on ap kog I have only played him adc?

tear into ludens into deathcap/void staff/etc. sometimes ppl buy athenes/morellos too

sassy robot

Neo Member
The thing is, Riot sucks at prioritizing skins. I mean, Lux and Riven have gotten how many skins? Trundle BARELY got a new one where he's a constable. Then you have characters like Kennen, Taric, or Swain who haven't gotten skin in YEARS.

YEAAAARS. Y-E-A-R-S. 3 years for Swain, 4 years for Kennen/Taric. Fucking YEAAAARS.

Does Riven or Ahri REALLY need another skin? Does Lux really need another pandering skin?

Riot sucks at managing things. They just do. Whether it's the gameplay code, whether it's the logging in or connection issues, whether it's the air client that still breaks from time to time, whether it's their slow store page that is visually a mess, whether it's the issue of having to disable certain companies, Riot has issues.

Sure you can argue 'Well they have to serve millions!' Valve is doing just fine with DotA. Each champion or hero or whatever they call it has a multitude of skins, you never hear about any issues with the DotA client itself, hell I believe their tournament prize pool is the largest in Esport history.

....So what the hell is Riot doing with all the money they have? It makes me sad. It makes me sad that various champions are cool, but are just ignored and forgotten about because of the I don't know fuck you attitude Riot has.

The sad thing is, Lux, Riven, Ahri, Lee Sin or whoever the 'popular' champions are will keep getting skins more than other champions. Riots talked about the process they go through-Basically it's usually one artist working on their favorite hero, and then they pretty much decide through popular vote or whatever. Basically the more popular a hero is at the offices, the higher chances that people will work on it.

It's a goddamn mess.

I understand your pain because I would love another Taric or Swain skin too, but at the end of the day, they are a business and they have millions of players spanning several regions. They pander to the masses because that's what gets them money (and keeps the game going). Ahri is popular? Make more Ahri skins to sell more Ahri skins. Some champions have themes that are just more appealing to the masses, regardless of where they currently sit in the meta or how often they're played by the pros.

Well, I mean, what do you expect? They're a business. They pander to the masses because that's what gets them money. Ahri is popular? Make more Ahri skins to sell more Ahri skins. Some champions have themes that are just more appealing to the masses, regardless of where they currently sit in the meta or how often they're played by the pros. I highly doubt it has to do with artists doing their favorite champions, since I imagine their marketing team is what drives skin decisions.

I would love another Taric or Swain skin too, but at the end of the day, I also recognize why a business would prioritize making a skin for the ever-popular Ahri over hardly-played Taric.

I just want a ninja turtle kennen skin. Who throws pizzas.

They're definitely making the best short term plans, but they better start amping it up because between DotA and HotS competition will be fierce.

Einbroch

Banned
Easy solution to make more people play the game longer and give more customization: tie chroma unlocks to champion mastery and give every champion chroma skins.

Make them unlock one tier per chroma, charge 2000 IP per (or 250 RP).

Easy, cheap, and gives people a visible achievement for playing. Also quiets some skin complaints.

Hire me.

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty sad how 3 ahri skins out of a 100+ skins released in the last three years is considered "pandering to the masses"

i hope riot does a turtle champion someday at least

They're definitely making the best short term plans, but they better start amping it up because between DotA and HotS competition will be fierce.

this is ridiculous. doto and hots together still don't make one fifth of the playerbase of league

there's no competition, at least not one that makes riot sweat

there are different games for different kinds of players

sassy robot

Neo Member

Yeah, I agree there. I'm really interested to see what HotS does because Blizzard clearly has their eyes on the end game and they mean serious business.

Also, now I'm sad there isn't a ninja turtle Kennen skin. I need this.

If you wanna talk about pandering look at Thresh.

True that. Thresh is disgusting, he's alotta things wrong with this game wrapped into one nice package.

Yeah, I agree there. I'm really interested to see what HotS does because Blizzard clearly has their eyes on the end game and they mean serious business.

Also, now I'm sad there isn't a ninja turtle Kennen skin. I need this.

It'd be pretty neat. He'll have a little half shell, throw out pizzas...and..shoot electricity..But yeah when I saw the chroma skin stuff I was like, 'You can't be serious.'. It was a blatant rip. Not even implemented as good!

DotA has a huge swing for it because of the user marketplace and the way they handle drops of cosmetic items. HotS, the amount of things you can get by just playing the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Easy solution to make more people play the game longer and give more customization: tie chroma unlocks to champion mastery and give every champion chroma skins.

Make them unlock one tier per chroma, charge 2000 IP per (or 250 RP).

Easy, cheap, and gives people a visible achievement for playing. Also quiets some skin complaints.

Hire me.
would be nice, but not gonna happen

riot charges for fucking avatars, and they're already charging for chromas, so not gonna happen

Yes, Riot definitely panders with their sexist skins. Ahri is the most 'vocal' one so to speak.
not really, ahri's skins while definitely being pretty sexy are mostly tasteful

at the very least they're not absolutely gross like stripper cop caitlyn or whatever

not really, ahri's skins while definitely being pretty sexy are mostly tasteful

at the very least they're not absolutely gross like stripper cop caitlyn or whatever

I'm talking in general, not just Ahri. Ahri to me is the most visible one that's visually 'pandering.' Her most tasteful skin is 'Challenger' Ahri. I mean Popstar Ahri? Not only was that practically a fanmade one, but jesus christ it's such an ugly skin IMO. I cringe when I see it in game.

And yeah, there are other bad offenders, like Cop Cait, but MF, Sona, Akali, Riven, Sivir....it's embarrassing.

And yeah, Riot charges for icons...it'd be a longshot to get them to lax that shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
i disagree

there's difference between revealing or sexy and exploitative.

you may not like the designs but i can't think of many skins recently that fit into the latter

riot has changed a lot over the years

dj sona is kind of pandering, but even then it's a cool as fuck skin

also kpop ahri is fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom