• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

I've only seen a few times, but my general experiences are:

1. If I'm playing him, I can get kills, but if other lanes feed 10-20 kills before laning phase ends, it's hard for me to help them. This may just mean I'm bad at roaming, or that those games had bad luck.

2. If someone else is playing him on my team, they get kills, but they play with the Riven / Master Yi / Vayne style of chasing kills only, having a bad attitude, and ignoring all towers and dragons (ignoring split pushing Master Yi's). I'm not sure I've won a single game with an Ekko mid on my team other than myself, and I've lost most of the games where -I- play him.

Overall I think his win rates being under 50% at every level above gold, last time I checked, suggests he's not truly as overpowered as some would suggest. This may be especially true once people learn the W range and cooldown.

His numbers are high so he can indeed be annoying if a team chases through his ghost, or if he lands a full combo on top of an unprotected enemy.

My personal suspicion is that he will continue to be banned in something like 95% of my silver games, and that will only change if Riot nerfs something about him. Even if Riot nerfs something by 5 damage, making an almost meaningless change, that might be enough for the general attitude to turn around and stop banning him as much. I'm not sure.

I really don't think win rate is the end all be all for champ power, especially on a champ that hasn't even been out for a whole patch yet.

Blizzard

Banned
I really don't think win rate is the end all be all for champ power, especially on a champ that hasn't even been out for a whole patch yet.
I know, but I think that's part of a larger picture. If a champion just has a high skillcap, I would expect say, platinum and diamond to have higher win rates for that champion, since players have the mechanics and knowledge for it. This is the opposite for whatever reason. I'm not saying it's an exact "win rate = power" equation, but I think it's an interesting statistic to consider.

i dunno, i had a ekko on my team in one of my games who fed his ass off

didnt matter, it's ekko, he still rekt shit.
Did the "shit" that was rekt include towers though?

I have one dream wish for a game change: I wish Riot wouldn't put relic shield on the recommended items for Thresh. I'm already horrible at CS with my ping and reflexes and timing as it is. When Threshes attempt to last hit (failing, because the execute only works for melee), it gets super frustrating to salvage certain minions.

Blizzard

Banned
I think there may be some sort of League client bug where if you try to view 3-4 user profiles in a row, all attempts to view profiles after that fail. You can go to the store for example, and then click the profile button, and nothing will happen.

I think there may be some sort of League client bug where if you try to view 3-4 user profiles in a row, all attempts to view profiles after that fail. You can go to the store for example, and then click the profile button, and nothing will happen.

I've had that happen before, I can corroborate this. It's kinda lame so...I don't look at anyone elses profile @_@

killatopak

Gold Member

Happens to me as well.

Blizzard

Banned
There's also a bug where if I want to see my champion stats, the first time I click the appropriate ranked page, the more stats button is grayed out. So I have to click leagues again, and then click my solo queue league again, and THEN the button works.

There may also be a bug where you will see your own league sometimes if you view someone else's profile, until you click back and forth a few times. Earlier tonight I think Lord Newt showed up as Silver 2 because it was filling in my profile information on his profile, too.

There's also a bug where if I want to see my champion stats, the first time I click the appropriate ranked page, the more stats button is grayed out. So I have to click leagues again, and then click my solo queue league again, and THEN the button works.

There may also be a bug where you will see your own league sometimes if you view someone else's profile, until you click back and forth a few times. Earlier tonight I think Lord Newt showed up as Silver 2 because it was filling in my profile information on his profile, too.

That 2nd part, I've had that happen. Last time it did, was over a year ago before I had gone on my sabbatical from the game. Weird it's still around.

Leezard

Remember you can always check whether it is ranked by preparing to dodge. If it says you will lose LP it is ranked. If not, it is not ranked. It will say you will lose your series or whatever no matter if ranked or not.

Leezard

Tristana is really fun to play with right now. Fully stacked E into W is amazing damage, and even better if the enemies are close together.

2-man bubbles will guarantee the pain.

Tristana becomes kinda stupid once she gets ahead and can just go in all the time.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've been playing League for 5 years(minus a year break I took last year.) You can look me up on league(same name as GAF name.) Sorry if it seems that I'm just hopping in and hating on League, but it happens I'm just critical of the decisions Riot makes.(Which isn't new, with Destiny I've criticized it just as much despite putting a shitton of hours into the game.)
kk, put you as a doter because of the weird information like doto having more players in china than league -___-

you should maybe look that up next time lol

I have 9k ip and no idea who I want to buy. I like every lane.

iR1Bdo8.png

+ Zac
only one of those champs has the best skin in the game

Champion mastery as it is is mega lame.

Good idea (albeit stolen) with horrible execution.
the idea being ripped off hots or whatever doesn't really matter, but yea the execution feels mostly like fluff

i like seeing my rating after a game but considering how random it feels sometimes (went 11-1-11 with ori the other day, didn't get s+ ;_;), it's not great. and i like leveling up champions, even if it doesn't do anything, but could be way better.

i think a big part is riot cares about not disrupting the game by giving players reasons to do stupid things and pick like teemo for 50 games straight in ranked to get the super teemo skin or icon or whatever

still would be nice if they tied more things to it, maybe class levels or whatever

it's just useless crap but ppl like filling exp bars

Was on pbe last week anyway so hopefully
yea gonna be up this week

How are everyone's feelings toward Ekko now that he's been out for a bit? I actually shelled out for him and I never pay for heros right away. Does he need needed as bad as everyone says on reddit?
he's pretty op, overloaded, etc., but i mostly hate his invisible w

easily one of the most frustrating spells to play against

other than that he's prolly gonna be fine after some nerfs

I know, but I think that's part of a larger picture. If a champion just has a high skillcap, I would expect say, platinum and diamond to have higher win rates for that champion, since players have the mechanics and knowledge for it. This is the opposite for whatever reason. I'm not saying it's an exact "win rate = power" equation, but I think it's an interesting statistic to consider.
different winrates across elos is not really true tho. zed has like 47% winrate in bronze and 48% in diamond

leblanc is the same thing

I have one dream wish for a game change: I wish Riot wouldn't put relic shield on the recommended items for Thresh. I'm already horrible at CS with my ping and reflexes and timing as it is. When Threshes attempt to last hit (failing, because the execute only works for melee), it gets super frustrating to salvage certain minions.
i mean, it's a good item for him and if u use e passive it's not that tough

killatopak

Gold Member
Oh man the Ryze changes made him op as fuck.

Just got rekt by a Ryze. I know Ryze is one of Renek's harder match ups but damn that guy 100-0 me even when I ulted and I'm even ahead in cs and kills too.

Once team fights came along, his aoe damage is op as hell.

damn this makes me wanna buy him.

TomShoe

Banned

Just got rekt by a Ryze. I know Ryze is one of Renek's harder match ups but damn that guy 100-0 me even when I ulted and I'm even ahead in cs and kills too.

450 IP

do it

cHinzo

Just dont try tro trade when u want to use the stack, so u have the bonus damage from ur E when auto attacking the minion.

Leezard

If you know you're going to auto attack harass the enemies a lot it's legit to get the coin imo. Talisman is a quicker buy than glory, although you miss out on some tank stats.

zkylon

zkylewd

meddler says they're thinking of nerfs for him already, mainly to prevent him for perma snaring you

If you know you're going to auto attack harass the enemies a lot it's legit to get the coin imo. Talisman is a quicker buy than glory, although you miss out on some tank stats.
you mean the sustain from coin is higher than from relic shield?

Leezard

meddler says they're thinking of nerfs for him already, mainly to prevent him for perma snaring you

you mean the sustain from coin is higher than from relic shield?
I mean that you won't t your E passive for relic stacks, so you can harass your enemies with the E passive more frequently instead. If you have to stop what you're doing to prepare to use a stack you might be wasting time. It needs to be a lane where you will actually get a chance to use the harass though, often when the opponent has weaker trades or a melee support because if you are losing trades you should probably have relic shield for a better all in.

zkylon

zkylewd
what would that lane be?

i probably dont play him right but i play pretty passive with thresh in lane since i don't feel like his laning is so good anymore. like i'll do the whole flay into hook thing or maybe flay into a couple autos to chunk ppl but i don't normally walk up to auto like i would do with nami or lulu or something

just trying to think against who would it be worth it

only times i got coin was like against easier laners like alistar, maybe janna

Leezard

what would that lane be?

i probably dont play him right but i play pretty passive with thresh in lane since i don't feel like his laning is so good anymore. like i'll do the whole flay into hook thing or maybe flay into a couple autos to chunk ppl but i don't normally walk up to auto like i would do with nami or lulu or something

You can probably get away with it against Alistar/Braum/Janna/Bard at least. I dunno about Nautilus/Soraka, but it seem like it might or might not be good against them.

You probably want to stick with relic shield against Nami/Lulu/Sona since they are much better traders.

The enemy adc can also be a factor. Essentially, I think coin is the more offensive buy, but it's not always the correct buy.

I've heard some people went with spellthief and AP runes against Morgana to be able to destroy her shield in one hook, but that was a while ago.

Stubo

So I randomly disconnected from a game earlier, and I cannot get back into the game.

I'm getting the message "You have left a game in progress. Please reconnect to the game."

When I attempt to do this I can't connect, and it seems to be blaming a firewall.

I've closed everything to do with the game and tried again, restarted my PC, installed windows updates, done the ipconfig release, renew, dns flush etc. and still can't access the game.

All of my Google searches just seem to bring up huge threads of angry people leading me to believe that this is a common thing which has gone unfixed for ages. What's the usual timeframe on being able to actually play again? It's been over an hour since I dropped and it was an ARAM game so it should be long over by now!

Any help is much appreciated, cheers.

zkylon

zkylewd
You can probably get away with it against Alistar/Braum/Janna/Bard at least. I dunno about Nautilus/Soraka, but it seem like it might or might not be good against them.

You probably want to stick with relic shield against Nami/Lulu/Sona since they are much better traders.

The enemy adc can also be a factor. Essentially, I think coin is the more offensive buy, but it's not always the correct buy.

I've heard some people went with spellthief and AP runes against Morgana to be able to destroy her shield in one hook, but that was a while ago.
yea you can max q against morg to break the shield too, tho i think everyone maxes q first nowadays

but i think we had same idea for coin, buy it whenever you can get away with not needing the tank stats

Leezard

So I randomly disconnected from a game earlier, and I cannot get back into the game.

I'm getting the message "You have left a game in progress. Please reconnect to the game."

When I attempt to do this I can't connect, and it seems to be blaming a firewall.

I've closed everything to do with the game and tried again, restarted my PC, installed windows updates, done the ipconfig release, renew, dns flush etc. and still can't access the game.

All of my Google searches just seem to bring up huge threads of angry people leading me to believe that this is a common thing which has gone unfixed for ages. What's the usual timeframe on being able to actually play again? It's been over an hour since I dropped and it was an ARAM game so it should be long over by now!

Any help is much appreciated, cheers.

It's a ghost game, the maximum waiting time is two hours after you all got disconnected. It might take shorter time but you should probably expect two hours. You will have to log out and log in again once the game has "ended" to get rid of the reconnect screen.

It's rare, but it sure sucks when it happens.

Blizzard

Banned
different winrates across elos is not really true tho. zed has like 47% winrate in bronze and 48% in diamond

leblanc is the same thing
Then why is it true for Ekko that his win rates go down / went down under 50% at higher levels? Is there a theory which explains it?

My own Ekko issues continue, now 1-4 with him in ranked, 6.2/4.8/7.4 KDA. I die far too often.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel bad when someone buys like the skin boost thing in arams and i already ownall the skins for the champion i got lol

Then why is it true for Ekko that his win rates go down / went down under 50% at higher levels? Is there a theory which explains it?

My own Ekko issues continue, now 1-4 with him in ranked, 6.2/4.8/7.4 KDA. I die far too often.

not sure what you mean?

like i dunno about before, but the difference in winrate is 0.50% right now

like there might be differences, but they're usually very small

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 2 - Day 2

t1433703600z1.png

Cloud 9 vs Team Impulse
Team Liquid vs Gravity
Counter Logic Gaming vs Team SoloMid
Team Dragon Knights vs Enemy eSports
Team 8 vs Team Dignitas

Please use the LCS Thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

I played a game as Skarner top last night since he's free. I built Triforce, then Black Cleaver and tanky stuff. I was doing a lot of damage early and mid game. Once their team got tanky, I was pretty much able to just kill their Ashe. Dragging someone into a Pantheon ult was hilarious, and I pulled off some cool TP+Homeguard shenanigans too. How are ap builds on him? I think i'll try that next.

only one of those champs has the best skin in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwrC3X7d0eI

-

Blizzard

Banned
not sure what you mean?

like i dunno about before, but the difference in winrate is 0.50% right now

like there might be differences, but they're usually very small
Of course lolking stats may not be perfect etc., but here they are at the moment for solo ranked for June 5:

Bronze: 49.17%
Silver: 49.55%
Gold: 48.23%
Platinum: 48.57%
Diamond: 48.74%
Master+: 48.40%

It's only a small difference and the percentage goes up and down daily, but Ekko does seem to be in a lot of games, between 10-20% at the various ranked levels.

Ocho

Back in Diamond.

Thank you, Naut.

2Q6vbT1.png

Won promos as support, mid, and adc. Maybe I'm not a scrub in the other roles like I thought.

clemenx

Banned
I played my first game in about 6 months. Felt good winning a mirror Annie matchup where I built support and warded properly while the other one just built full AP.

Also I won my 2nd one as Amumu where I got completely fucked by Lee Sin in the early game only to win teamfights in late pressing R, lol.

Leezard

Phreak says no nerfs for Ryze planned for 5.11, they are planned for 5.12.

Phreak might not know everything, but prepare for Ryze abuse for another two weeks or so.

zkylon

zkylewd
meddler said:
We're working on some Ryze changes at the moment, aimed particularly at reducing his ability to chain root. Odds are that'll involve adjustments to CDs and damage numbers on his passive and basic spells, though we're still talking through the exact details.

rito repertoir said:
I have changes going through testing that generally reduce the uptime and chain cast nature of Rune Prison, particularly in the early and mid game. The changes in testing (which should be announced soon) address the issue via a combination of tweaks to Rune Prison's duration when maxed, as well as the cadence at which it can be cast during the passive in the earlier parts of the game specifically. I'm pretty okay with him getting off two Rune Prison casts in the early part of the game during his passive, but the current 4-5 is just overkill at this point in the game. Additionally, by isolating any chain cast cases to later phases in the game, opponents should have more reasonable options against Ryze, whether that be grouping (getting help from allies), investing in tenacity, or just continuing to play around the windows his passive provides.

he won't survive 5.12 for sure

but yea would love if they sneaked nerfs for him in 5.11 somehow, like a hotfix or something lol

just so annoying for ryze to be strong, wasn't the game awesome when no one played ryze?

Tizoc

Phreak says no nerfs for Ryze planned for 5.11, they are planned for 5.12.

Phreak might not know everything, but prepare for Ryze abuse for another two weeks or so.

Lucky for my B1 Elo, not many seem to be aware of Ryze's OPness :p
Anyone know what runes, masteries and abilities I should max out first on him are?
As I understand it, you begin with RoA, then Hourglass, then Rylai or build up AP, then final item is Magic resist right?

Lucky for my B1 Elo, not many seem to be aware of Ryze's OPness :p
Anyone know what runes, masteries and abilities I should max out first on him are?
As I understand it, you begin with RoA, then Hourglass, then Rylai or build up AP, then final item is Magic resist right?

The standard for Ryze right now is

Magic Pen Reds
Armor, Armor Per level or Health per level Yellows (depend on match up)
MR, MR per level, AP per level, Flat AP Blues(depend on match up)
Move Speed Quints.

21-0-9

Roa/Tear (Seraph's) (core item)
Sorc/Mercs (depending on match up)
DeathCap/Luden/Void (late game)
Hourglass/abyssal (depending on match up)

It use to be like 9-0-21 Ryze, but ever since the change you no longer need CDR due to his new passive on his ult.

But standard Korea/China Ryze is built like that. Same goes for some NA top laners like Zion, Quas, Dyrus, and Impact.

Then there are guys like Cali who builds weird shit... so just ignore them I guess.

Tizoc

Thanks for the info, but why not rush Hourglass or abysal first? RoA gives you good health chunk, buff that with Abyssal or Hourglass and you'll be surviving a lot longer in battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom