• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

I'm seeing him more and more effective as time goes on.

I think he'll find a good place within the meta. He's just so odd that people need a longer learning curve. I play a lot of support, but I haven't tried him yet. I have a hard time deviating from my Nami, Morgana, Annie, Zyra core.

jerd

On Aatrox

At present it has a flat 225s CD, we're going to reduce that to 225/200/175/150 at levels 1/6/11/16 in the next patch (5.11), in particular so that Aatrox generally has access to his passive in late game team fights.

Pretty minor I guess but it should be the quickest revive passive off the top of my head

garath

I think he'll find a good place within the meta. He's just so odd that people need a longer learning curve. I play a lot of support, but I haven't tried him yet. I have a hard time deviating from my Nami, Morgana, Annie, Zyra core.

The best ones I've seen do a few things really right. They roam effectively and quickly with a fast cooldown on that tunnel thing. They poke like a beast with that damn Q. The root is a solid duration and it can do a lot of damage with meeps. They also set up good sustain for the adc. Sadly most don't do these things well but they're getting there.

I laned with one last time I played as Kalista. I WISH the guy recognized how effective his poke was with my W passive. We were chunking them for 1/3rd of their health at level 1, but he gave up on that and we ended up getting pushed around.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't even like soraka but <3

Man poor Ryze. He can't catch a break. I think he's one of the most hated champions of all time.

Riot just doesn't seem to know what they're doing with him :(
i think they just went overboard with the buffs and there obviously was a pretty massive qa oversight about his w

the design of his rework feels as interesting as a champion can be made with ryze's kit, but yeah, tuning seems to be way off

he's just such a boring champion, two instant targeted spells, a line skillshot and a buff ult, that's like the most boring kit ever for a mage

jerd

I think they could revert that buff straight up and be fine now that people understand him

Maybe still change his W

People just refused to learn him because of his low win rate

I think they could revert that buff straight up and be fine now that people understand him

Maybe still change his W

People just refused to learn him because of his low win rate
I'm not sure just reverting that will be enough since the cat is out of the bag

The machinegun W needs to go. Increase the CD on it to limit how many spells Ryze can fire in a passive proc and call it a day.

Leezard

Some simple diminishing returns on his W duration during his passive (akin to Kennen passive) would do wonders I think. The rest of his damage is reasonably dependent on the enemy actually being rooted.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah just make the duration get reduced every time

i still think ryze having mr shred is really dumb tho

edit: 5.11 is going out tomorrow night

zkylon

zkylewd
KTYHg6D.jpg

lol wtf is up with fnatic's show

Talking about ryze they should just delete him already. Hes been remade like 5 times since release and they still cant get him right lol
uhh i don't think that's true. he's only had this one remake that i can remember from when i started in s2. can't imagine there being too many reworks before..

won't ever top the lux one, that one was too good lol

Leezard

Ryze has had many reworks before.

At first his bouncy E was his ult I think

Then his bouncy E became his E and his ult gave him AP

Then he got reworked to scale with mana, still had his bouncy E

Then he got reworked to his current state, lost his bouncy E

I might be missing something.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently in s1/beta

but he has had the same kit since then

i like the direction of this rework, but outside of his current opness i just think he'll always be super boring as long as all of his spells are that one-dimensional to use.

Leezard

That's 3 reworks then. Still quite a lot, Evelynn has probably had something similar. It was really stupid when she had a stun.

Leezard

Eve only had one rework, the one after they nerfed her stealth so it didn't stun anymore. Rest is all balance shenanigans
Really? It feels like there should have been another... I can't remember it though so you're probably right.

Edit: wait, wasn't there a time where she had no stun but got ridiculous amounts of health and attack speed on kills from her ult passive ?

Really? It feels like there should have been another... I can't remember it though so you're probably right.

Edit: wait, wasn't there a time where she had no stun but got ridiculous amounts of health and attack speed on kills from her ult passive ?
That was part of her old kit still. Her old kit went like this:
Passive - Damage reduction from minions
Q - More or less the same but it wasn't a line, it just hit the 2 closest things to you
W - Stealth, first attack leaving stealth was a stun, could stun 2 targets with her Q, nerfed into a slow until her rework
E - More or less the same but it was just one hit
R - AS/MS steroid with a passive that restored HP on kills and I think it reset the CD on her ult?
havent played against new ryze in lane, but can i presumably still go top galio and ruin his day?
If he gets in W range while his passive is up you're fucked regardless of what you are.

Seriously

It really couldn't be any more stupid. I don't know how this got through to live.

Yeah, I've seen people defend all kinds of champions, but not one person has tried to defend current Ryze.

Does Ryze have a big player base? Just curious. Because I never see him outside of his FOTM moments.

garath

Yeah, I've seen people defend all kinds of champions, but not one person has tried to defend current Ryze.

Does Ryze have a big player base? Just curious. Because I never see him outside of his FOTM moments.

Someone said earlier that ryze has always been either OP or horrible. They're pretty on point. Therefore its either FOTM or not played lol

jerd

That was part of her old kit still. Her old kit went like this:
Passive - Damage reduction from minions
Q - More or less the same but it wasn't a line, it just hit the 2 closest things to you
W - Stealth, first attack leaving stealth was a stun, could stun 2 targets with her Q, nerfed into a slow until her rework
E - More or less the same but it was just one hit
R - AS/MS steroid with a passive that restored HP on kills and I think it reset the CD on her ult?

If he gets in W range while his passive is up you're fucked regardless of what you are.

Seriously

I was just about to post how i thought kassadin might stand a chance against him top then i watched this video lol

I kind of wish riot would just knee-jerk nerf him but they've already said no changes to him in this patch.

Patch maintenance tomorrow night btw

faridmon

not really, you can try doing some very rough math if u want:
kill = 300g
20cs diff = 1 kill
turret = 1000g

the numbers are really really rough but usually gives you a decent enough idea

team gold difference isn't really that important tho, mostly items/levels and on who, and also powerspikes (like if zed is 3-0 at like 10m you know you're gonna have trouble soon but maybe catch up later if you play safe, but if it's vayne then you probably still have some time to do stuff but you're on a timer cos lategame's gonna come soon)

Oh ok, the depth of knowledge needed to be ok at this game is just too much. These powerspikes...

Just got owned by a Quinn while playing against Ashe. Anyone know good way to counter him?

garath

the best thing about that video is at 37 seconds when Vayne is shit talking her support

oh vayne

Lol. Its such a damn cliche. I've supported like 4 games in the last week. Win some, lose some. The only game where the ADC shit talked me was a vayne lol.

Tizoc

Hold up how come you can damage and destroy Shaco's funboxes without the need of a purp ward, etc., but can't do the same with on Teemo's Shrooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom