• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
source of that adorabru sona plss

Random 4chan drawing based on what google is giving me.

3CBzklI.jpg

Ferga

Wait, people are only now realising that the Ryze remake is broken?

I knew it from the moment I read the notes. His passive is stupid as shit. 4 seconds of low cooldown snares when it goes off at level 6.

Can't believe they actually got rid of the duration level scaling. 6 seconds at level 1 smh

It was so stupid how people were still maxing Q first and complaining about losing trades in lane.

Leezard

That was part of her old kit still. Her old kit went like this:
Passive - Damage reduction from minions
Q - More or less the same but it wasn't a line, it just hit the 2 closest things to you
W - Stealth, first attack leaving stealth was a stun, could stun 2 targets with her Q, nerfed into a slow until her rework
E - More or less the same but it was just one hit
R - AS/MS steroid with a passive that restored HP on kills and I think it reset the CD on her ult?
Right, that was it.

Newt

Wait, people are only now realising that the Ryze remake is broken?

I knew it from the moment I read the notes. His passive is stupid as shit. 4 seconds of low cooldown snares when it goes off at level 6.

Can't believe they actually got rid of the duration level scaling. 6 seconds at level 1 smh

It was so stupid how people were still maxing Q first and complaining about losing trades in lane.
No, he was legit trash directly after his rework. He only became strong because of his recent buffs.

Does anyone else think LeBlanc isn't all she's made out to be? IMO, there are mid laners that are much more oppressive than she is.

Well I'm a little bias since I play her but she's very very strong, you can't deny that.

I just had a normal game where it was mirror LB vs LB. I won lane pretty decent. I had 6 ITEMS and the other LB had 2inish items + Large rod + Wand (no dcap yet) and we both Q,R each other same time and both of us died.... and I had a Abysall for MR.

That's straight bull shit lol.

Leezard

Q max kalista is disgusting. There's so much damage at range, especially when used to follow up a support trade for the W proc.

Leezard

Maybe, I'll try that, I dislike W max. What's the build for Q max?
BT -> runaan -> BoRK, typically, so it's pretty much the same as the more common E max. Sometimes you will have to get Lw instead of BoRK as third item.

It's nice that it is possible to waveclear properly with Q.

Newt

Holy shit, im watching Panda games and I'm like obsessively inclined to trash talk their Rengar even though I'm not in it.

MaxiLive

I played my second Ahri game yesterday which was a lot of fun (kinda). I haven't played mid in a long while so I was super passive and struggled to farm decently but it was an even lane.

The game itself was lost at 15 minutes when the duo Shaco/Cait bot died 6 or so times and were both building AP. We managed to drag the game to 50 minutes though so I got some good practice time with Ahri and managed to get a S- in a losing game due to my minimal 5 days. She is sooooooooo good at kiting!

She was fun but I struggle to go aggressive with her even with skill shot accuracy, I usual just end up coming out with an even trade :p Need to practice on some positioning.

Well I'm a little bias since I play her but she's very very strong, you can't deny that.

I just had a normal game where it was mirror LB vs LB. I won lane pretty decent. I had 6 ITEMS and the other LB had 2inish items + Large rod + Wand (no dcap yet) and we both Q,R each other same time and both of us died.... and I had a Abysall for MR.

That's straight bull shit lol.

I doubt a 2 item Leblanc could one shot with Q, R. Unless you were like under half hp.

Leezard

https://youtu.be/tchY2FswH7A

Funny i remember people maxing Q first on kalista when she first came out but apparently doublelift was all about the E max.
Haha, qtpie knows what's up.

People in general seem to like maxing E. I told my duo partner to try to max Q after MSI when we learned that Deft maxed Q, and after a couple of games he preferred it. I think it's stronger in general in lane.

Does anyone else think LeBlanc isn't all she's made out to be? IMO, there are mid laners that are much more oppressive than she is.

I saw a decent Daimond LB mid lose against a morde

that should tell you alot

morde es #1

also someone mentioend soraka/sona fanart. that person came to the wrong neighborhood

3710Zrs.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Random 4chan drawing based on what google is giving me.

lovely :>

duno if more oppressive, but she's definitely not as op or frustrating to play against as ppl make her out to be

she's really good at punishing positioning mistakes and it takes a lot of timing and prediciton to beat her which is something that ppl are pretty bad at, but if you're not fed it takes skill to be relevant which is something most ppl also don't have, specially in the whole bullrush mentality of solo q

I saw a decent Daimond LB mid lose against a morde

that should tell you alot

morde es #1

also someone mentioend soraka/sona fanart. that person came to the wrong neighborhood

3710Zrs.png

<3

Ferga

I heard from a streamer (forgot who. I think it was geranimo) E max on kalista is for BOTRK rush and Q max is for Bloodthirster.

That makes a tonne of sense to me since you have more AS with blade to rend for more damage while Q scales better with bloodthirster.

garath

BT -> runaan -> BoRK, typically, so it's pretty much the same as the more common E max. Sometimes you will have to get Lw instead of BoRK as third item.

It's nice that it is possible to waveclear properly with Q.

Q max kalista is disgusting. There's so much damage at range, especially when used to follow up a support trade for the W proc.

Am I the only person that plays Kalista that doesn't like Ruaans? I feel like I'm hitting like a wet noodle. I really prefer the BT start on Kalista. I used to max Q as I saw Qtie do it and thought it looked good but so many pros still did E that I switched back. I actually prefer Q as well. It's not the easiest skillshot to land (very skinny) but it hits hard with some AD.

Edwardo

Am I the only person that plays Kalista that doesn't like Ruaans? I feel like I'm hitting like a wet noodle. I really prefer the BT start on Kalista. I used to max Q as I saw Qtie do it and thought it looked good but so many pros still did E that I switched back. I actually prefer Q as well. It's not the easiest skillshot to land (very skinny) but it hits hard with some AD.

I maxed Q and didn't build Runaan's when I was playing her before, but I think that was before ppl starting using Runaans.

I really dislike Q max regardless of build because all you're getting per point is base damage and increased mana cost. It has a 100% ratio so it'll scale anyways if you go BT, meanwhile Rend gets a whole bunch of shit per point: cooldown reduction, base damage, higher slow and a higher scaling and unlike Pierce it can't miss.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pre-detonate on Lux E is something we've got on our backlog and will add at somepoint. It will add a bit of power, but should give a clear feel improvement and help out players with higher pings. Should be a pretty straight forward change, I'll see where it's up to, that's one we should have got in previously.

Shield application at end of cast's currently intended functionality, rather than a bug. Having said that I do agree that there's a noticeable feel cost there, given almost every other shield in the game is immediate. I'll pass that suggestion on to the balance team, see if they've got any concerns about bundling it with the pre-detonate change.

meddler on lux buffs

would be nice and harmless

i like it

Sande

How do you do the Sion camp thing? I tried it with wolves and I just wouldn't die and the whole thing ended up taking way too long and probably wasn't even worth the tp.

meddler on lux buffs
Thank god for the E change. Feels so clunky and awkward now. I might actually start playing her when that goes live.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zkylewd pls.

just saying

all them secret messages and crap

giving me weird thoughts :>

Back when they did the "mash button to pop" thing for Gragas they were doing it for Lux as well, I don't understand why they went back on that one
yeah i always thought it was strange that they didn't give that to lux as well

their reasoning was something like "she doesn't need the extra power" or whatever but cmon, what difference does it make

you can't balance a champion around ping...

How do you do the Sion camp thing? I tried it with wolves and I just wouldn't die and the whole thing ended up taking way too long and probably wasn't even worth the tp.
i start with no items (so don't use pots and don't have any resistances) and don't stun the acmp monsters with q (just tap it for aoe dmg) and go for the big one wolf/wraith rather than the small ones so you get slaughtered quickly

i generally go for cloth armor + flask when i back and i think you have enough for a few pots?

Thank god for the E change. Feels so clunky and awkward now. I might actually start playing her when that goes live.
it's not that bad imo, but specially the shield buff would be nice

They attack you mentally
they go right for your dignity

yeah i always thought it was strange that they didn't give that to lux as well

their reasoning was something like "she doesn't need the extra power" or whatever but cmon, what difference does it make

you can't balance a champion around ping...
Her needing extra power was such a silly reason considering they gave it to fucking prenerf, prerework fatman

Sande

maybe you bought an item like doran shield?

i start with no items (so don't use pots and don't have any resistances) and don't stun the acmp monsters with q (just tap it for aoe dmg) and go for the big one wolf/wraith rather than the small ones so you get slaughtered quickly

i generally go for cloth armor + flask when i back and i think you have enough for a few pots?
Yeah I think I bought doran's shield. No wonder I was too tanky. Thanks for the tips.

it's not that bad imo, but specially the shield buff would be nice
I don't know if it's a ping thing or what but I often have trouble activating it fast enough. It's a minor annoyance, sure, but even that is pretty bad when it's on every cast of your main damage spell.

zkylon

zkylewd
Her needing extra power was such a silly reason considering they gave it to fucking prenerf, prerework fatman
riot is kind of very risk adverse with lux for good reason, actually

lux at her very best is an assassin that combos you 100-0 you from 1k distance with zero risk and zero counterplay (unless you count merc treads). if he 50 shades of grey'd you and you're a squishy then you're ded

she's balanced around her poor waveclear and dps and stupid mana costs but i don't think riot wants to risk her being too strong

i DON'T care man, let me damage the damn things.

you can't damage shaco boxes until they fear you so it's the same thing

Yeah I think I bought doran's shield. No wonder I was too tanky. Thanks for the tips.
haha yeah

you gotta try dying asap cos he clears so much faster that way

I don't know if it's a ping thing or what but I often have trouble activating it fast enough. It's a minor annoyance, sure, but even that is pretty bad when it's on every cast of your main damage spell.
it's def a ping thing, that would be the whole point of that qol change

like shooting e then mashing isn't super compelling -__-

zkylon

zkylewd
oh sure, i thought you meant like hidden shaco boxes (which you can hit but how are you gonna know where they are), not the ones he placed right beside you

So my first S+ game is on Bard and it's like the most frustrating match ever. I seriously underestimated Ziggs' ability to stall. 4v5 and it drags on for 50 minutes. The fact I had more gold than everyone but the adc, dealt more damage than the full damage Olaf... never been so angry at my own team before. I don't think I want to play League ever again.

Newt

So my first S+ game is on Bard and it's like the most frustrating match ever. I seriously underestimated Ziggs' ability to stall. 4v5 and it drags on for 50 minutes. The fact I had more gold than everyone but the adc, dealt more damage than the full damage Olaf... never been so angry at my own team before. I don't think I want to play League ever again.
No use getting angry in normal matches. Half the people are just trying out new champions they haven't played before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom